Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2002, 03:17 PM   #31  
Net browser

Default ...Ruby Gamgee-Took of Baywater here

Hi Everybody
Ann your colour scheme for the bathroom sounds really nice. For about $5.00 you can buy these cute little, I think they are called "shadow boxes" or "picture boxes". I bought one all in white. The inside of the box is a tiny tub, little slippers, towel, sponge, and a little basket. Everything in the box is white and the frame is painted white. It is the least expensive thing in my "new" bathroom and the thing that people comment on the most. Check out your dollar stores and take a peek at them. If you liked them, you could always paint the frame the teal colour or another colour from your wallpaper border. I know what you mean about your neck being sore from painting the ceiling, mine was too.
Do any of you gals ever watch a decorating show on TV called "Trading Spaces"? My DIL told me about, (it's on TLC from 3 to 4, daily). I've only managed to catch it a few times but some of things those decorators do are just awful. One show I saw the decorator put MOSS all over one wall in the master bedroom. Can you even imagine the mess that will make as moss dries and the smell from it too. YIKES!!!
Maria I like thunder storms too, and we sure do get some dandy ones here. Have fun on your 4x4 driving course.
Glenda I can hardly believe that a whole year has gone by since you quit smoking (OH..hee hee and three weeks). Good for you.
The other day when my grandson was over I had used the word "often" and pronounced it, "off-Ten". He said to me, Baba, it's off-en...not off-Ten. Well on Wed. when I was out for the day with my friend, I told her what he said. She said, she always says off-Ten too, and maybe he was wrong. She looked it up and left a message on my answering machine....he was right, the "T" is silent. How do you gals say it??
Tomorrow, late afternoon, we are going a few miles out of town to our friend's place for a BBQ/swimming (in-door pool) and fireworks display. They kind of do this every May long weekend. This time they have hired a fellow to set the fireworks off. Watching fireworks has never been a really big thing for me. I always think how much "money" is being "blown - up". LOL
Talk to you all later.
Old 05-19-2002, 06:54 PM   #32  

See ya at the new thread...

Cheers
Maria
Closed Thread