3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   Feisty & Sexy 50 & 60 yr Olds No. 179 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/16172-feisty-sexy-50-60-yr-olds-no-179-a.html)

slavika 05-11-2002 03:34 PM

Feisty & Sexy 50 & 60 yr Olds No. 179

:wave:
Hi Everybody
Tomorrow as everybody knows is Mother's Day, but it's also my kid's 12th Wedding Anniversary. My family will come over tomorrow around 4:00 and later we will BBQ hamburgers and stuff. My son said it's wasn't fair that I would "cook" on Mother's Day. I solved the whole problem, by making up a ton of hamburger patties TODAY, and a big bowl of potato salad. My DH and Son always do the BBQ anyway, so I think this worked out well. :) :) I sure don't mind.
Peggy LOL, I have this picture in my mind of you in your "pink ruffled dress", you are too funny.
GEEZ, now that I started this new thread I can't see what any of you said, so I'll just say, bye for now. :?:

painter5 05-11-2002 06:53 PM

Slavika here is a cute site for the Prince and Princess. You put in your name and it will reveal what you Hobbit name is. Mine is Zelda Bramble of something or another. I forget. http://www.chriswetherell.com/hobbit/default.asp Happy Mother's Day to everyone.

painter5 05-11-2002 07:01 PM

It's me again

I just went back and read the posts. Karen that strawberry thing sounds so good. Please post the recipe. What a nice surprise for you. Your dh is good-he's a keeper. Glenda I am glad that you have somewhere to go. We are going to my niece's to celebrate Mother's Day and a couple of birthdays. After helping my son and his wife move all their "stuff" I thought maybe I should clean out some more so they don't have to do all that when I am not here anymore. But then I thought turnabout is fair play. LOL! Have a great day tomorrow.

LilyG 05-11-2002 09:03 PM

Cute site Peggy! Cept I dont like the name it gave me :p

Pearl Sandybanks of Frogmorton

Pretty long!I will never remember it!

Sounds like everybody has great plans for tomorrow. Slavika you solved the problem perfectly. Now you can relax tomorrow.

Have a Happy Mothers Day ALL!!!!

Lizziepie 05-11-2002 09:26 PM

Maintained this week

Hi all: Peggy - went on the site and think my name is appropriate for Florida. And for a quilter. Orange Blossom Boffin of Needlehole.
Fun site.

My Mothers day will be quiet since all our kids are far away. I know I'll get telephone calls, but today my DH surprised me with a lovely bouquet of roses. Usually he says.'You're not my mother. so why should I do any thing.?' So this was a lovely surprise.
I expect we will go somewhere for dinner after church. I know I won't have to cook.:D:

Slavika: Sounds like your day will be very nice,

Karen: I missed the strawberry dessert too. So guess you better post it. Could you tell me why the point values would be different in Germany than they are here? A friend says that all fruits are 0 in Germany. Seems strange to me.

Happy Mothers Day to you all. :) :wave: Ann

painter5 05-12-2002 09:17 AM

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! Everyone have a nice day whatever you do. Ann you did get a cute name.

slavika 05-12-2002 10:26 AM

Hi Everybody

I found the Cream-Filled Strawberry Recipe that Karen was talking about so I will post it here for you gals. :) I bought strawberries yesterday so I may make this recipe today.

CREAM-FILLED STRAWBERRIES :)

18 Large fresh strawberries
1 cup cold fat-free milk
1 package (ounce) sugar free instant vanilla pudding mix
2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
1/4 tsp almond extract

Remove stems from strawberries, cut a deep X in the top of each berry. Spread berries apart, in a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping and almond extract. Pipe or spoon about 5 teaspoons into each berry. Chill until serving. YIELD: 18 strawberries
One filled strawberry equals 36 calories

I hope all you have a lovely day.
Peggy the Prince and Princess will love :love: that web site.
Thank you. "Ruby Gamgee - Took of Bywater"

flaggies 05-12-2002 07:24 PM

G’day all,

What a lot of posts :)
We had a great weekend, it was crisp, beautiful autumn weather. We had a look at the Australian National Museum which has only been opened 12 months. It was quite spectacular, lots of interactive stuff and just somewhere that you can easily spend 2 or 3 hours without even realising it.
We stayed at a nice motel and in the morning as we opened the curtains, there were trees and one could hear birds!!!!
We arrived back late last night. Looking forward to our 4x4 wheel drive adventure.

Peggy My intention of embroidering you all a little blue fairy wren on a handtowel, is probably not as demanding as a tree skirt. As far as on-line tutorials. I guess I learnt a lot of my computer skills at work. I can remember some 12 years ago when we first got e-mail, boy that was something! My biggest problem with computers was that I always thought if I press the wrong button, I will bring down the whole network. Of course that never happened and as time went on, I learnt more and became more game. The one place I go for on-line tutorials is www.graphicssoft.about.com, this one teaches a lot about graphic and digital art. Another one that I may investigate when I have exhausted the above site is www.eclecticacademy.com , it is not free but quite reasonably priced. Another one I really stumbled across is www.secretsof.com , there is a section called ‘the secrets of taming your computer’, I haven’t had a good look at it but it could be allright.
Have you put your pretty outfit away now? I will let you know when I am down your way and you can take it out of storage again, I am sure to recognise you in that little number :D

Glenda sorry to hear of your friend. I can sort of relate having gone through this with dh recently…lucky he is not overweight and has recovered quite well though he still has problems going for a run 5 months after the operation to repair his achilles.

Karen what can I say, how nice of your dh to buy your dining setting. You must be just over the moon, it sounds very useful with the drop leaves etc. I hope you find the sites that I posted and Lily posted, useful.

Slavika isn’t that a pain when you start a new thread. Because there are so many posts for me to read, I am doing the post on my laptop as I scroll on my work computer through all the posts, now how clever is that. I had better ensure I don’t miss out on anyone as I have no excuse :D

Peggy This has really made my day, I am Primula Sackville Baggins cute website, thanks for sharing :)

Ann good to hear you maintained this week. How nice of your dh to bring you a bunch of roses. I also get the same ‘You are not my mother’ but then I tell dh that on father’s day as well. My mothers day was quite, I did get phone calls from both my children which was nice.

Creamfilled strawberries, yet another recipe for when I am home!

Have a great day!
Cheers
Maria

Karen L 05-13-2002 08:38 AM

Esmerelda Hornblower of Wayroot

Is that a nice way of telling me I talk too much!:lol:
Mothers day was great. I did most of the coking but I did enjoy it because as you know I don't the chance often any more.

Those Strawberries are wonderful. My son was the one who made them this time. He was thrilled that they had found a pastry bag.

I finally have my sewing machine up and running. It is an old Kenmore. The last time I used it was to make the dresses for my brothers wedding about 20 years ago. But I guess it's like riding a bike you never really forget everything. I made a tablecloth for a practice run and I was able to thread the machine and make it go. So felt pretty proud of myself. Now I plan to make some curtains for my bed room and Livingroom. Then there is the small matter of a tree shirt. Since those who will remain nameless dropped the ball.:devil:

Well this is the beginning of a new week and I still don't have my meeting set in my mine so I better go do that.

Ann I'm not sure about the German way of doing program But I think it has to do with the fact they don't lable foods kike we do with Nutrition Lables.

Trudy&Slavika You guys count fruits as points right?

Karen

LilyG 05-13-2002 10:37 AM

Ann: That is a perfect name for you!
How sweet of your DH to get you flowers. Keep him for another month :)

Slavika: Strawberry Recipe looks Good. I remember it and dont know why I didnt cut it out. Will try it!

Maria: Your weekend sounded wonderful. The National Museum sounds like my kind of place!. I like them when there is lots of interactive stuff. I can see how the time would pass with out realizing it. If we ever go to Austrila I will have to remember to go there.

Karen: Esmerelda Hornblower of Wayroot :lol: to cute! All the names are cute! Yea have to agree on those nameless people who dropped the ball on the Tree skirts. Sounds like I need to dust off my sewing machine and make my own :( Course I know the lines will be crooked :) I will just have to cover them up with presents :dizzy:

Alas its Monday, means I have to work. Im not lucky like Maria and have 2 puters to play with :smug:

survivor 05-13-2002 11:38 AM

My goodness! I didn't think "they" would let me on this site! Took awhile.

Well, sounds like Mothers' Day was a hit. Karen, I have never had that kind of a surprise. Bless Leon, he surprises me with a card once in awhile, but the table would be far and away from him. Keep that fellow! He is a winner! Leon put the Mother's Day card projector on the garage. He is sweet, but the surprise thing just isn't in him.

Leon and I meet with my friend on the ovarian cancer website tonight in Guthrie, OK. They are traveling to California in a motor home and will spend tonight here in Oklahoma. We will drive there after work and take them out to eat. Funny, because we spent Saturday in Guthrie. Met my sister and brother and spouses and went to a musical performed at a renovated turn-of-the-century theater. The whole town of Guthrie is a must-see. Old houses restored, streets of them, and just fun antique stores. They have an old trolley tour that takes you around and gives you the history. It is so fun and interesting!

We had Sunday dinner at one of my son's. The guys started in on how unreasonable their wives are in making them clean up after themselves. They can be hysterically funny, playing on each other. One dil said Kyle had "dramatically" stumbled on her shoes the one time she left them out and made sure she saw it! They have contests with each other to see which one will put the toilet paper on the roll and the girls say they never lose on that one. Makes me wonder if I taught them anything, but I did teach them to be funny and loving, just not how to pick up after themselves.

Well, hope you all did okay and celebrated our day of the year. WW can wait for one day, huh?
Glenda

slavika 05-13-2002 12:36 PM

...day after

Hi Everybody In church yesterday the priest said we would sing this song in Ukrainian called "Mnohaya Lita" for the Mother's who are no longer with us. It's a nice song and it's sung at anniversaries, birthdays etc...and really, although I "SING" the song I don't really know what all the words mean. Well, I cried, for my Mother :love: who passed away at 67 yrs old 19 years ago. When I got control of myself, I saw that a few others were having a difficult time of it too. Fortunately, my afternoon was happier. :) :) DH had cleaned the BBQ, and replaced the "bricks", and then was trying to light it to scrape the grill a bit, and had a really hard time getting it lit. I said to him, hee hee "husband dear one", maybe you are out of propane". The "dear one" said, NO I am not. Later in the day when it was time to BBQ and he put all the burgers on the grill.....you guessed it, flame went out, no propane. The "dear one" said, I think I better go and get more propane, and I, Ruby Gamgee, never said a word. :D :D
I did make the strawberry recipe Karen and everybody loved it, especially the Princess whose Hobbit name is "Rosie-Posie". :) Karen, what a nice surprise you received from your DH, that was really sweet.
I received the nicest gift from son and DIL. Lily you would love it. It is a hand blown glass hummingbird feeder. It is so lovely I hate to put it outside. A friend made me one of those hanging plant holders that stick in the ground with a hook on it. I thought I would see if that would work for hanging the feeder. I have never had a hummingbird feeder in my yard, so I will be anxious to see if it will draw some of those lovely little birds to my yard. Do any of you gals have feeders in your yard, and do you make your own sugar solution to feed them??
Talk to you all soon.

flaggies 05-13-2002 07:11 PM

G'day all,

It is an overcast and rainy sort of day here today.
Sounds like everyone had a great mother's day.

Glenda I hope your meeting with your 'cyber friend' will be great, I am sure it will be very memorable.

Karen good luck with your sewing of the curtains. Not my favourite task but very satisfying when they hang and you can think of the money you saved having made them yourself.:)

Slavika your feeder does sound a bit too good to have outside. I have never seen a humming bird, do they actually come and visit the garden???? In my previous life ;) , I had several feeders in my quite large garden. The birds that I attracted there were native birds, mainly lorikeets and cockatoos. I also started putting out mince meat for the kookaburras and magpies. I must say it was a real joy to watch all the birds come in albeit a little noisy. I used to just use a wild parrot mix that I got from the supermarket. I did make something a bit more fancy from a recipe I found on a website, perhaps that is something you could check out.

Have a great day all....
Cheers
Maria

Trudy 05-13-2002 10:34 PM

ORANGEBLOSSOM PROUDFOOT is my name

I like my hobbit name :lol:
I think we all had a lovely Mother's Day. :)
We are all getting together at my DD's to celebrate her and my Mom's birthday tomorrow. It is a busy week again.
Slavika I have a "recipe" to make the hummingbird nectar and will look for it for you. You just put out your feeder and be patient.. once they find you they will return every year. They are so pretty.
I will have to get busy and organize my PC .. those sites look really interesting Lily.
Karen we count our fruits here. I don't think any fruit is free.

bye all..

Lizziepie 05-13-2002 10:53 PM

Send us Rain!!!

Trudy: I think we must be cousins of some sort since we both start out as Orange Blossom. :D: :D:

sounds like we all had a nice Mothers Day. Back on the program. Why is it that we have to lose the same lbs over and over. Slow learners?:?:

Our strawberry season is over here in Fl. so now we have to get California berries. Do plan to try the recipe soon.

Slavika: We used to have a humming bird feeder up north. They are wonderful to watch. And there is a recipe, usually comes with the feeder, for making a sugar syrup. Can't remember the ratio of sugar to water anymore. They like their feeder up high. My DH cousin has two, one on each end of their porch. And the little hummers soom back and forth. They had one dominant male that portected the feeder from all interlopers. He was too funny. I'm sure you will enjoy watching your hummingbirds.

Sorry I never got in on the Tree skirt promise, but I will be looking for the monogramed and embroidered towels. :D::D:

Have a good day. :wave: Ann