Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 05:05 PM   #31  
We can do this

S/C/G: 223/ticker/120

Height: 5"3.5

hi all,
a very quick hello. . . mad busy these says.. im so close to 30 pounds i can feel it... lol.. but i managed to get both my tragus pierced
hope everyone is doin well
jen
Old 11-24-2008, 06:02 PM   #32  
GmaTo8

Hi all,

Trish - I'll have to check out that grandparents site. One thing about T'giving is, there's plenty of healthy food available with the not-so-healthy stuff. I'm going to make sure I send the pie, etc home with the kids. Plus, we aren't having as much as we've had in past years anyway. None of us needs all that. Your idea for a roasted chicken sounds good.

Sue - I'm glad you're being a guest instead of a hostess this year. If my DDs didn't help as much as they do, I'd quit having dinners, lol. Thankfully, we still have little ones around. You'll have great grands one of these days!

Jen - what the heck is a tragus? I didn't know we had something with that name, let alone two of them, haha. Are you busy with work, or the bf? Probably both, right?

Barb - how are you?

Nothing new on this end. I'm going to be cleaning tomorrow, and cooking Wednesday. I'll be glad to see the extended family on T'giving. Even some of them live close, their lives are just so busy that we don't see each other often enough.

Later, taters!

Last edited by Jane; 11-24-2008 at 06:06 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:20 PM   #33  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hello everyone

Just popping in to give Jane a big Its been awhile since I have had the computer all to myself without everyone else fighting for it. Hoping everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:54 PM   #34  
GmaTo8

Right back atcha, Kathy. You just made my day! Please pop in as often as you can, and here's hoping you have a blessed Thanksgiving.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:17 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY!!!
Old 11-26-2008, 09:14 AM   #36  
We can do this

S/C/G: 223/ticker/120

Height: 5"3.5

HI all, am I right in sayng thanks giving is tomorrow, i dont know with time differences but its wednesday here. So i shall not be around tomorrow cause of my weigh in so Ill wish you all a happy thnksgving now instead x
An yup Iv been mad busy with work, the bf and dancing.
My teacher on Monday night kept complimentin me on how good I was at the new routine were doing, and I didnt even notice until the end when she called me aside
I was ansolutely delighted with myself
Anyway hope you all enjoy thanksgiving
Oh and as for the piercing, your best jus googling it...
All my luv
Jen
Old 11-26-2008, 08:38 PM   #37  
GmaTo8

Jen - I did google it, and had no idea until now that I had traguses. Yay for you, getting the comment from your dance teacher. I'm not surprised, though.

Trish - have a good day with Tony tomorrow.

To you all - Have a happy Thanksgiving! I feel blessed to have you in my life.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:56 PM   #38  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Jane- Funny you should say that..I AM going to be a great grandma in the Spring. My grandson is going to be a daddy. Boy, does that make me feel old.

Jen, Trish, Kathy, Jane and all the others here. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving. We have so much to be thankful for.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:22 PM   #39  

Sue - Congratulations. I have 2 beautiful great grandaughters a 6 y/o and an 8 m/o. And it does make me realize how old I really am although I don't feel that old. Makes me wonder what happened? How did I get to this point?
Old 11-27-2008, 05:23 PM   #40  

Hi Ladies,

I went on a crazy binge last night. I haven't done this in years. I had a 4 lb gain this morning. Today was my WI day. I'm sure the gain will be short lived, but I couldn't believe I did it. I am sure I over did my points including what I had left of my WPA (not sure I counted all of them).

This morning I decided to take my own advice and think the way "normal" thin people eat think rather than the way "dieters" think. Besides WW does say "Stop Dieting and Start Living". With that frame of mind, you can't blow a diet you'er not on. So treating this as a normal way of eating rather than a diet, and I immediately started my 3rd week of WW OP today. This is Thanksgiving Day and I have been OP all day. Since it was just Tony and me, we had roasted chicken and I made stuffing and fruit salad which are 2 of my favorite traditional Turkey Day foods). Tony doesn't like stuffing (can't imagine anyone not liking it lol) but I was able to make it with things in it I like and with whole wheat bread and whole grain corn bread making it healthy and WW friendly. I saved some of it for later and some of it for Christmas. My dessert was 1 WW carrot cake for 1 pt. I am so excited about the way my Thanksgiving Day has gone. The new way of thinking has worked wonders and I have such a free feeling and attitude.

Hope everything has been good for everyone else too.

Old 11-27-2008, 10:50 PM   #41  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Hope that everyone had a great day. (Our Thanksgiving was October 13. Not sure why there is such a difference on dates there.)

Sue congratulations. That will be exciting to have a new addition to the family.

Trish, your dinner sounds wonderful. Fruit salad - what a great idea. We always have the family to our house for all holidays, and all the kids love fruit. That might just be the dish to get them all to sit still and eat for 10 minutes.

Jane I hope that you had a wonderful visit with your family. I am glad that your family helps you with dinner. I bet the grandkids had fun with you.
Do you have your Christmas tree set up already? I was thinking of inviting all the nephews and niece over to have a tree decorating party, complete with popcorn and hot chocolate.

Well I must run and get a little guy into bed.
Chat later
Old 11-27-2008, 11:19 PM   #42  
GmaTo8

Hi all,

Sue - congrats about the new baby! Boy or girl? Or do you know yet?

Trish - we've all had setbacks like you did yesterday, but the important thing is that you're back in control and have a plan. You're on the right track, and doing fine now. Are you excited about the changes coming to WW?

Kathy - I don't know why, but I was thinking you were from California. So a happy BELATED Thanksgiving to you, lol. No, I don't put up the Christmas stuff until T'giving is over, but we'll probably do that this weekend. I'm in no rush, since we'll have to move the furniture around in the living room. I bought one of those skinny trees, and hope it's nice. We gave DD our old one, so I guess I better like the new one, lol.

Hello to Jen, Barb, and others.

I had a wonderful day, but have to say I'm glad it's over. Neal's brother visited until past 10, (it's past 11 here, now), so we had a good visit. He's coming back in 3 weeks, with the girlfriend we've never met. That will be fun!

Well, I'm so tired, and heading to bed in a few. Take care!
Old 11-28-2008, 03:11 PM   #43  

Hello Ladies,

Jen - I googled the targuses too and all I can say is "ouch". I have a tough enough time getting my earrings in the lobes so there's no way I could do the targuses.

Kathy - The fruit salad was a nice change from a regular salad and I knew DH would eat it. It was simply fruit coctail w/Splenda, an apple, a banana, about 1/2 can mandarin oranges, 1/8 c walnuts and lite cool whip. WW book says 1 c of fruit salad is 1 pt so I counted it as 1, but it could be a 2 with the walnuts and cool whip. I always allow extra in my pts just in case.

Jane - I have heard there are some changes coming in December and I look forward to seeing what they are. I've started going on WW.com again to get in on the changes. I really haven't heard what they are. I'm wondering if I missed it in the recent issue of our magazine. Did I? Have you heard anything? I may join on line again to get in on it. I read somewhere that if what you are doing is working not to change anything and that most of the changes are with Core any way. But I'm looking forward to hearing since I could really use some help to get a good boost to losing this weight. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving time with your family.

We are starting to put our tree up. We weren't going to do it, but Tony's DD and family are coming for Christmas and will be here a week. When we told her we weren't going to put it up, she sounded so disappointed that we decided to do it. It is such a huge full tree that it takes forever to do it. We got it put together and 2 sets of lights on it. Tony puts 10 sets on it. The tree is old and coming apart in places so will only make it this year and we will have to trash it. Tony had to do some work on it so we can us it this year. He doesn't want another one, but I told him that I wanted to buy another one when they go on sale after Christmas but to get one that is not so big because we just can't put that much work into it any more. What used to take us whole evening to do now takes us days. Maybe with a tree that isn't so full wouldn't take us so long. With his health problems and my back problems, we just can't put as much work into that kind of thing any more. I've started a thorough cleaning of the house to get it ready for when the kids visit. You know that extra cleaning you don't do too often. I'm doing a little bit each day to get it done. They will be here the week end before Christmas.

Well, I hope everyone is having a great week end. Catch y'all later.

Last edited by pattygirl63; 11-28-2008 at 03:18 PM.
Old 11-28-2008, 05:12 PM   #44  

Jane - I just went over to the Core thread to read some of the messages because I've decided to switch back to the Core Plan. I see that WW is unvieling a new plan around December 7th. I am looking forward to see what their plan is, but not sure I want to fool with counting pts, but we will see. Hopefully they have learned something to help those of us who have a real struggle with losing.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:01 PM   #45  
GmaTo8

Trish - yes, the revised WW Core plan starts Dec. 7th. From what I've read, it will be based on eat high volume, whole foods, intuitively. No one will be forced to change, if they don't want to, but it sounds like something that would be right up your alley. I gave my big tree to Mary, and bought one of those skinny trees. It isn't up yet, so I don't know if I'll be happy with it, but I know it won't take up nearly as much room, so I do like that part.

Hello to all others.

I need to make a trip to town for more fresh veggies, but didn't want to brave the crowds on Black Friday. Mary and Katie went shopping yesterday, and said it was wild, and the check-out lanes were soooooo long.

Have a good weekend!
Closed Thread