Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 10:19 PM   #61  
GmaTo8

Just a quick one here.

Sue - yes, getting older does have it's drawbacks for sure. I'm glad your mom will get to spend some time with her sister. That will give you and your DH a little more freedom, too. Any word on the house in Vegas?

Trish - did you notice that I had posted a link on the main page for the new WW cookbook with Momentum/Simply Filling recipes? You might like that.

Hi Kathy, Barb, and Jen.

Makenzie is spending the night with me. We've had lots of fun on the Wii, and I have green fingers from making Green Eggs and Ham for her. I love being a grandma!

It's cold here in southern Indiana, and the wind is howling outside. Brrr!

Later,
Old 12-07-2008, 12:15 PM   #62  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning ladies

Sue, what day does your mom leave for sunny warm Florida? My friend lives in Clearwater, and I talked Mark into letting me go and visit her for a week when I can find a seat sale. Back in January my MIL took DH and BIL on a cruise to Brazil for 10 days. I think that it is only fair that I get to have a little vacation.

Trish - looks like you did alot of research on the new plan. Now that I have some time at home, I am thinking of joining WW. It does seem to be a successful program for whoever joins it, and they do seem to keep the programs updated to new and better things.

Jane - You made green eggs and ham? That is way to cool. You are a cool grandma. Did you read the story also? We love that book. What games did you and Makenzie play? Do you have the kids for sleepovers often? Cole and I are going to get out the easy bake today and make a couple of treats. Did you see the movie Horton Hears a Who? I see that it is finally out on video on Tuesday. That is definately on my to buy list. That is a great movie.

Well, I am off to start cleaning the house. Got a call from my MIL saying that she would like to come for Christmas, and DH thinks that the house needs to be perfectly immaculate. Drawers, closets and all. That will definately keep me busy.

Well hope everyone has a great day. I'll check back later.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:32 PM   #63  
GmaTo8

Hi,

Kathy - I have had the Green Eggs and Ham book for years and years, and we love it. I added the green food coloring to the eggs then scrambled them. She ate them all up, although I wasn't sure she would. The ham was regular, not green, lol. Yes, I think it is a good idea for you to get to go see your friend in Florida. I got a good deal on plane tickets to San Francisco for a trip with my DD in April. I'm going to meet some on-line friends, and see SF for the first time. We've rented a house, and it's in a good location. Are you glad your MIL will be coming for Christmas? You know, having people over is sure a good way to get the house cleaned. I slack off on cleaning, but love to have people in for dinner, so that gets me back on track once in awhile, lol.

Hi to everyone.

We celebrated Neal's birthday today, although his bd is really Wednesday. But today is the day all the kids could be here, and it was great to have them all together.

Toodles,
Old 12-08-2008, 02:19 AM   #64  
Not Giving Up

Hey Jane
Happy early birthday to Neal. (Just in case I forget on Wednesday)
I was thinking that green eggs and ham would be great for a breakfast around here. We are big fans of Dr. Suess. Cole really likes to help me cook, and that would be great for us to make together. My MIL and I do not usually get along, but she is DH mother. Its very stressfull when she is here. And she is used to living alone, and holidays here are always now at our place. I don't know why I bother to clean, because by the time 25 people come and go, the house is destroyed anyways. Our house is loud and chaotic when everyone is here.
That will be a great vacation for you and your daughter. SF looks like it would be a great place to see. It will also be nice to meet your friends.
Hello to everyone, I must get to bed.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:36 PM   #65  
We can do this

S/C/G: 223/ticker/120

Height: 5"3.5

Hi all, Another fly by visit for me... Ireland apparently is in a recession, they just forgot to tell people where i live that that includes going to the movies. I mean seriously by close yesterday I had about 8000 euro in my till alone!! .
Recession... I somehow think they are mistaken...
So obviously thats why I haven been around, been working crazy hours, just to keep the place running, and training in new staff.. iv been run off my feet.. but it means my eating has suffered, and looks like i might have pu on a pound or two this week eith the lack of proper meals. humbug to it..
Im just going to struggle to hold my own over christmas, and after that get straight back on target. well that is the plan.. I think..
Right im off again, have to try and figoute out how some mans credit card was charged 126 euro in tickets. but we have no record of it!!! :S
Old 12-08-2008, 09:40 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Ladies,

Jane - Yes, I saw your message about the cookbook. I have so many that I don't use so I probably won't buy it. I did see some really good ones for baking on WW website and plan to copy some of the cookie ones for the DGD and me to bake when they are here. I agree about the house cleaning seems like I work harder to clean when I know company is coming.
Tell Neal HAPPY BIRTHDAY from Tony and me. Your trip to SF sounds good. Will Marti make it down while you are there? I miss her around here.

Kathy - I always wonder too why I work so hard to clean my house before the kids come here. It will be a mess when they leave, but at least it will be clean when they get here.
Yes, I did do a lot of research on the New WW plan. I am doing the Slim Filling/Core right now and lost .5 lbs last week. However, I'm thinking that since the new Momentum is more like a combo of Flex-Core that some call Flore that I may try to figure out how I can make it work for me especially for the rest of the year because of the Holidays starting this coming Sunday. I've got parties, etc for the holidays and would love to begin 2009 without a gain. I did WW that way in the beginning and I lost weight so I believe that if I can get back to that way of eating that I will lose weight again.

Jen - It is good to hear from you. I think the recession is "global" at least that is what I hear on television. Just hope it doesn't last. Take care of yourself and stay in touch.

Tony and I went Christmas shopping today and came home and wrapped everything and it is all under the tree now. Still got to get something for DGD birthday which is 3 days after Christmas.

Y'all have a good evening and I'll try to catch ya tomorrow.

Old 12-08-2008, 11:36 PM   #67  
GmaTo8

Hi all,

Kathy - my MIL and I got along better after she got sick and I took care of her. She decided I was a keeper after all, lol. Good luck with yours. How long will she be there?

Jen - I've read that during wars and times of general stress the movie business improves because that's one way people can forget their troubles for awhile. Kind of makes sense, I guess. Yikes, I hope you find out about the guy's credit card. I bet he's ticked. I think most of us are just trying to hold our own through the holidays, regarding weight. I admire those that can lose during all the parties and such.

Trish - yay for you, getting all the Christmas shopping done. I thought I was done, but forgot a gift card for my son. That's not a biggie, though. With Mary in the situation she is right now, her ex not sending support, Neal and I are helping Santa this year, and bought 3 Nintendo DSs for the girls. They're each silver, and I had fun buying them. Makenzie wrote a letter to Santa the other day and said he didn't need to bring her much so that other kids could get more. It was really sweet. I have every confidence you will have success with the new WW since it seems almost tailor made for you!

Neal and I just watched the very last ever Boston Legal. We've seen every show from the beginning 5 or 6 years ago, and will miss it.

Tomorrow night is the twins' Christmas program at school. They are Sheep number 1, and Sheep #3, lol.

Toodles for now,
Old 12-08-2008, 11:45 PM   #68  
Not Giving Up

Hi Everyone.

Hope everyones day went well.

Jen, there is a recession here in Canada to. What is the hot movie in Ireland right now that has everyone running to the theatre? Good luck in tracking down the trouble credit card receipt.

Trish, how old is your DGD going to be on her birthday? Cole and I are looking foreward to tomorrow, because the movie Horton Hears a Who is out on video tomorrow. That is definately a must buy.

Jane, what did you do today? What days do you babysit the grandkids? Our little Roxy is learning how to talk, and she has decided that she is gramma's girl. Her new word is Thankyou. She crawls up to whomever has the tv remote, grabs it, says Thankyou then takes off giggling as we run to catch her. DD has the cutest picture of her smelling the flowers at her other gramma's house. I am trying to get her to make it my new avatar picture on here. We will see if she can do it.

Well, nothing else new around here. Going to try and get some groceries and Christmas shopping done tomorrow. We will see how busy the stores are.

Chat with everyone tomorrow.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:00 AM   #69  

Good Morning Ladies,,

Up early this morning so I'll be tired tonight. I have to be at the dentist office in the morning at 7 am so I need to go to bed early tonight. I'm having one tooth pulled crowns on either side so I can have a bridge. I'm going to have another front tooth filled ASAP so I don't lose it as well. Sure hate spending all this money here at Christmas especially with company coming for a week. Oh well, can't be helped. And I hate going to the dentist.

Kathy - Roxy sounds so cute. Reminds me of the cute things with our little grandchildren. Our DGD will be 6 yrs old. She was born 29 days before Tony and I were married and we took care of her when her Mommy went back to work. So while all our grandchildren are special, she is extra special to us because she is one "we" shared from the start. Her Mother and Step-dad want a child of their own sometime in the future. It is sad to me that we live so far away as I would love to be able to take of it too.

Jane - I'm sure you are so proud of McKenzie. What a sweet attitude. I heard someone say on tv the other day to be honest with children about the economy as they understand more than we realize. She sound like a very smart and loving child. I'm sorry Mary is having trouble with her ex not supporting the children. With his attitude about the children, I thought he would do better. I know April is having trouble with her ex too. He is going to court to lower his child support. He seems to think that since she is married that he shouldn't have to pay so much. She reminded him that they are his children and his responsiblity not Richards. Can't believe how these men that were such good fathers can change so when they leave.

I better close for now. Hope everyone has a great day.

Old 12-10-2008, 03:30 PM   #70  
Not Giving Up

Hello everyone.

Just popping in really quick to say hello.

Today is clean the house day, and probably for the rest of the week. You know baseboards to wipe down, doors, windows, ok I think I need a nap now.

Jane how was the Christmas Concert? My MIL will be at our house for 3 days and at BIL's house for 3 days. Yup gotta clean out all the drawers and closets to for a 3 day visit. We went to Cole's Christmas concert. It was cute. He was a toy puppy so he got to wear his Halloween costume again.

Trish your DGD is the same age as our youngest. Isn't it a great age? Good luck at the dentist today. I was suppose to go last Tuesday, but I had to take DS to a chiropractor as he slept wrong and couldn't move his neck and his back was spasming. Needless to say, my new dentist appointment is now the middle of February.

I am sorry that both of your daughters are having problems with their ex's. They seem to think that any money goes into the moms pockets for her next purchase of a fur coat or diamonds or something. They don't realize that kids always need food and clothes.

Well I am off and running. Gotta try and get the fridge and stove cleaned today to.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:10 PM   #71  
GmaTo8

I don't have time for indies, but wanted to say hi and I'm thinking of you.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:12 PM   #72  

I'm baaaack!! I feel like I've been gone forever..my trip to Charleston to work on my dad's house was stressful beyond belief..and then returned home to find that my dog had gotten a spider bite on his leg and I had to rush him to the vet ($323)...during the exam the vet noticed something in his mouth that didn't look right (oral surgery: $1522.00--that's not a typo). He had 2 precancerous tumors in his mouth and had those removed along with three teeth. <sigh> On the WW side, I"ve been doing pretty good..the exercise has been nonexistent thanks to either (a) rain or (b) freezing temps or (c) all of the above! I could do a video or something I suppose but motivation has been low... I've been doing almost all of my Christmas shopping online...I feel like I'm just so far behind the eight-ball right now... :-( On a happy note, my daughter will be home from college next Wednesday!!! (I may be in Rock Hill in Jan, Trish!!)
Old 12-11-2008, 07:01 PM   #73  
We can do this

S/C/G: 223/ticker/120

Height: 5"3.5

hi all another quick one from me, had my official weigh in today an stil managed to stay the same, so i am MORE thsn hsppy with that..
But by now I think i have read every weight losss book in the bookstore, i tend to buy one every few weeks and its more for the motivational aspects and tips then the food programmes, or just to see if i could do it, and I came across one today, only i THINK its englidh so probably nobody else has heard of it.
Its called "get off your arse and lose weight"
but its brilliant, I mean, one line I can think of off hand is, when your looking on in the mirror and the person looking back at you, says let me out you fat f*****r, Im fed up in here. Its straight talking and to th point, think its the kick i need to get my act together again
Old 12-12-2008, 01:34 AM   #74  

Hi Ladies,

This is a quick one because it 1 in the morning. Went to the dentist and got my tooth pulled and my temporary bridge. 2 days before I went to dentist had a front tooth chip off and it looked awful. So the dentist filled it. So it was really nice to have it done but way expensive. My new dentist is soooo good and gentle. I was there from 7 am till almost noon and I was tired when I got home and went back to bed. Got up today with my gums sore which was to be expected. So I've been mostly resting today. Didn't eat much either days just not hungry.

Barb - Maybe we can meet somewhere when you come to Rock Hill, if you have time.

Jen - I'm glad you've been able to keep your weight the same while you have been so busy. I've had a habit of reading diet books too. I have learned a lot that way.

Kathy - Yes, 6 is a fun age.

Busy day tomorrow so I don't know if I'll get back or not. Gifts and cards to mail, and Tony wants to go to Charlotte to get that birthday present for the DGD. So I'll catch y'all again as soon as I can.

Y'all have a good day.

Old 12-13-2008, 07:01 PM   #75  

Well, I am doing the new Momentum plan. I didn't want to do any counting, but I think I need the accountability of tracking points. I know I will need them during the holiday. I read on the WW online that a lot of the people who have switched to the new plan is doing a lot better than before so I decided to do it too. I'm up this week and I know it could be the pain meds side affects, but it could also be that I'm not eating enough either. So we will see how this goes. I also ordered the new books yesterday as I understand they have changed some of the Core food lists.

Everybody have a great week end.

Closed Thread