Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 09:07 AM   #31  
GmaTo8

Good morning,

Trish - wow, sounds like this dr is going to be a huge help to you. With what's going on in your body, no wonder your weight loss is slow even when you've stayed OP. I'm so glad you've found out this stuff, and you'll feel better soon. I wonder why he said no red meat at all? I know it's best to eat chicken, turkey and fish most of the time, but I gotta have a hamburger once in awhile, lol. Is it because of the cholesterol?

Ruthie - wouldn't it be cool if you could come to Evansville and meet us? I'd love for you to do that, if it's at all possible. That goes for any of you HFFs! I'm glad to hear you're back OP and getting the walking in. I totally understand about not doing so well, too, though. That's me a big part of the time.

Hello to all the other HFFs.

The new dog, Maggie, is wanting to bite the other dogs, and the grandkids, when I show interest in them, instead of her! I called my nephew, and said maybe she should go where there are no other dogs and kids, and so he's picking her up today. I feel so sorry for her, but I can't take a chance she'll hurt my DGKs!

I have been having trouble staying OP and honestly think I am addicted to sugar. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground for me with this. I'm not one of those people who can take tiny bit and be satisfied with that.

Who wants to come and help me clean today, lol? Nobody? Well, shoot. Guess I'll just have to crank up a Rolling Stones CD and git r done myself, lol!

Toodles for now!
Old 09-05-2008, 09:30 AM   #32  
a work in progress

Good morning ladies!

Trish...wow, lot of info from that chiropractor! Sounds like most of the advice he's giving you is very common sense -- whole foods nutrition, drinking water I was wondering too, why he told you to totally avoid red meat and green tea? But it's not like he's telling you to eat something UNhealthy Did recommend any particular kind of exercise? And yep, the green bags seem pretty durable, and it says you can definitely reuse them. I hope they work well for the other produce besides bananas, because it's getting so expensive, I just hate throwing stuff away -- but we can't seem to eat it fast enough!

Jane, nope, can't have a dog biting the GK's, or anybody else I think you are right, she'd probably do better in a household where she can be the center of attention with no other pets or kids. Oh, and when you are done cleaning your house...c'mon over! And bring your Stones CD

TGIF...I can't wait for the weekend...

Last edited by Katiecat; 09-05-2008 at 09:32 AM.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:45 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Good Morning Ladies,

Ruth - We will be taking I-30 thru Little Rock and Texarkana. Now that my DD lives south of Little Rock we have to go by and see her. She has my little baby great granddaughter whom I've never seen and I am going to see her. I'm not sure what route we are taking as come back though. I will check with DH and see. It would be fun if we could stop somewhere maybe for an afternoon lunch and meet you. I'll have to see what DH says.

Jane & Katie - The reason he wants me to stay away from red meat is because of placque that is in my discs. It is probably just one of those things you do without during healing and cleansing the body. I am on a tea that cleanses the cells. So I'm not sure it is permanent. I will find out more about that when I take the diet/supplement class. I am a firm believer that we need some red meat. I heard a doctor on tv years ago say that you need some because of enzymes you get from red meat that you can't get any where else. My DH who died ate a lot of red meat. Since I married Tony, we don't eat it as often. We half a home cooked steak once a week. I really don't believe that is enough to hurt me. He didn't tell me not to drink the green tea. I'm still drinking it. What I meant was that I can no longer count the tea as half my water consumption. I still have to drink # of glasses of water plus the green tea. I forgot to ask about exercise so will have to remember to ask today when I go in for my treatment.

I was reading materials last night that came with the amino acids I am taking. As we get older our bodies do not absorb vitamins and nutrition from our foods as we get older because we don't make amino acids. The sad thing is that because of the way my Mama ate when she was young, I don't think my body ever did. I see so many problems I've had all my life and now I believe it had a lot to do with that. She and Daddy were probably hypoglycemic. The only time in my life I was really healthy was when I lived with my aunt who was a health nut. I am very excited about learning more about the way I am to eat. I don't want to do SBD, have thought about using SBD 6 smaller meals type guide so I can learn to eat 6 small meals instead of 3. I suddenly understand why I cannot eat big meals any more, but need some structured plan.

Jane - Sorry about the little dog, but no you can't take the chance of her hurting someone. I hope you can find a good home for her. She needs someone who needs a pet to love since she definitely needs someone to love her.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Trish
Old 09-05-2008, 09:43 PM   #34  

Just let me know if you are coming back I20...
Old 09-05-2008, 10:21 PM   #35  

Height: 5' 7"

Good evening all!

I got a note from my leader yesterday that next week's meeting isn't going to be held, so I have go to a different meeting, with a different leader. I really like my leader, as I knew her socially before I started WW.

My MP3 player took a nose dive, so while I was at Wally World today I went over by the MP3 players. I was looking at the iPod shuffles, but they wanted $47 for a 1G one, while the 2G Creative ZenStones were going for $38. Guess which one I bought. LOL

It's going to take me a while to get to know you all better. Till then, know I'm sending you some good vibes to stay on plan!
Old 09-05-2008, 10:50 PM   #36  
We can do this

S/C/G: 223/ticker/120

Height: 5"3.5

hi all jus a very quick note as its almost 4 am here... do not ask why im up so late, lets just say my parents have headed off for a few days!!
Well I managed to get my stone on thursday!! I am so happy, im looking forward to gettin under the 200 mark, shouldnt be much longer!!!
I got a lovely little blue stone from my leader in return, so now need somewhere to put it!!
But today was dreadful diet wise, I was eating things i knew i shouldn an i didn care!! Had a very bad day, But promised myself i have to try harder tomorro,
Ok ladies ill catch up with you all soon as i can, but for now I need to get some sleep
Luv Jen
Old 09-07-2008, 12:20 PM   #37  

Hello HFF Ladies,

I better do this today as the up coming week is very busy with 3 days of chiro treatments, perm one morning and Wednesday is a new women's Bible study morning class starting at church and I've decided to attend, my treatment that afternoon and back to regular Wednesday night Bible study DH and I attend together. I got permission from doctor to use my stationary bike, but he doesn't want me doing any other exercises at this time. He says my body is responding well to the few treatments I've had by everything staying in place and I need to be careful not to get anything out of place. Someone here said that SBD is a lower GL diet and it is the way of eating that the doctor gave me, so I started SBD Phase 1 today. Another thing thatis causing the problems with my spine is my belly causes me to be sway back. I guess because I work very hard at trying to stand straight. Since SBD helps get rid of the belly fat, works without much exercise and is hypoglyemia friendly, it seems like the way to go. Today was WI and no loss. I've decided that with the money I'm spending on treatment adjustments and vitamin/suppliments that I need to be doing something that will work with them to get the weight off and get me healthy too. I'm not using the diet margarines, but using either low fat and healthy fats. Back to kind of a WW/SBD combo. I guess that is the way I should have been doing it all along.

Jen - Yeah for losing your stone. I know how it feels to lose it especial reaching a mini-goal. It won't do any real damage if you get right back on plan. I don't know about you, but I think I have a tendency to reward myself with food when I hit a goal. If we do that, we need to change and make our rewards something else. Just a thought.

Debbie - So sorry you are going to have a new WW leader your not familiar with. I sure hope it will surprise you and turn out to be a good thing for you. I know I don't like those kinds of changes either, but maybe you are going to get some fresh new ideas that you need.

Ruth - Since my DD surprised us with her move to AR which I never thought she would do, DH and I decided that we should change our return plans. So at this time, we plan to go through AR so I can see my DD and my new 4 mo. old DGGD on our way to and from TX. I also have a precious 6 yr old great granddaugter in Waco that I've only seen twice. We haven't told her I'm coming to see her yet because she doesn't understand time and she gets so wildly excited that we are going to see each other, but misunderstands thinking like "Nana is coming to see me today today". She just doesn't understand how far away I live. That is the bad thing about living so far from TX. They can't afford to come see me and I only get to go back home about every 2 years or so if I'm lucky. And boy they do grow up fast. I hate that I'm missing so much about them. So we plan on taking a northerly route through AR. I'm so sorry it didn't work out for us to meet this time.

Everybody else -

Catch y'all again when I can. Y'all have a good OP day.

Trish
Old 09-07-2008, 12:53 PM   #38  
GmaTo8

Hello all,

Mary Kate - I'll be right there with my cleaning supplies and Mick, lol.

Trish - I'm getting my hair done this week, too. Subtle highlights, and a touch up and a trim. Not a moment too soon, either, for the touch up, lol. Good luck with SBD Ph 1. I wanted to try it, while keeping within WW points, but it was just too hard for me. If you remember, I barely made it through the first day.

Debbie - yay for the new Mp3 player. I love new toys, don't you? I hope you like your leader this week. It's just for this one time, right?

Jen - whoo hoo for you, making your stone!! That's great!

Hi to all other HFF.

Well, I got weighed yesterday, and I'm back up again. It's my own fault, though. I'm going to focus on what I do right for myself, instead what I do wrong. This week will be a real challenge, with my birthday and anniversary both!

Any of you ever try Paul Newman's Lite Honey Mustard dressing? I use it on tortillas w/turkey and veggies, also in lite chicken salad, and anything else that needs a flavor boost. Just wanted to share that.

Have a good day!
Old 09-07-2008, 07:38 PM   #39  
We can do this

S/C/G: 223/ticker/120

Height: 5"3.5

Well Ladies,
I have finally gotten a chance to catch up with everyone and its been that long, I had to go back to the beginning of the thread and read the whole thing through, thankfully there are only 3 pages at th minute. My apologies for not being arounf lately ladies, Ive just been very busy, but I know that deep deep deep depp down you love me really.
Ok so this may take some time

Firstly,
Katiecat and Sue and Debbie and Ruth, HI!! I do realiser that you have been around here alot longer than I have, but I look forward to getting to know all of you! The others will tell you. I do my best to actually post things that arent all about me!(I do try )
Jaime Happy VERY belated birthday, hope you did something special (i told you its been a while) Hope your all sorted in your new place, hope to see you back here soon
Jane Sorry to hear that the weight is back up, but its a long road, jus concentrate on gettin back to were you were last week, I know its not easy, but baby step .
Trish Glad to see that this doctor is really starting to work for you! Hopefully things will work better this time. Have a good time on your trip, its allways nice to get away, especially if it is to see family!!
Anybody hear from Angie since she came back from New York, or is she back yet?? Id love to go to New York Im so jealous
Hi to anyone else i missed!!
Im almost sure to get th supervisor position!! So Im so excited!! Im working at every possible hour, and if someone is sick etc. I need to be obliging, well at least appear to be until we find out who gets the position!
Other than that Im not doing TOO bad as to stayin OP, I could do alot better, and I need to do more exercise. So Im making this week the week to make an improvement! I just seem to have lost my motivation, even getting the stone didn't encourage me!
Out of interest for anyone who goes to the meetings etc, here we use stone an pounds, and every stone is 14 pounds. So every time we get half a stone ie 7 pounds we get a silver 7 sticker, an every time we get a stone we get a little kinda crystal (its not crystal but similar lookin material) stone to represent what we lost? Does anyone else get those little rewards from weight watchers??
Ok this has ended up ridiculously long,
Talk to you all later
Luv, Jen x
Old 09-07-2008, 08:19 PM   #40  

Yes, it's just this one time. I had her a few ago when she sub'd for my leader, and she's pretty good. Like I said, I just like my leader because I know her socially for the past 2 years. In fact, I think I'm one of the few who know her last name, kids, phone number, and email address. LOL

I got really lucky yesterday when I went to Walmart. I've had my eye on this bike for the past two months. It's a 7 speed, and looks like something we rode way back when, but I love it. It's bright red and shiny. Anyway, on the web the bike was $159, but since I wanted to see it in person, I headed over the store. I get there and it's on sale for $124, but the rear bike rake was bent like someone had sat on it. So I take it up to the customer service desk and ask for the manager to be called. He arranged to see if a new rack can be found in the store and put on. When after an hour it couldn't be, the manager agreed to drop the price by an additional $20. So, I left the store without the rear bike rack, but I only paid $104 for it! Now I just need a flowered basket for the front and I'll look like I belong back in the 60s. LMAO

So, yesterday I get the lights put on the bike, and head out for a 3 mile ride. Today I only road for 20 minutes (haven't mapped it), I can already tell I'm going to have to take my day of rest tomorrow, my butt and legs hurts like the devil! LOL

I'll see you all tomorrow, I'm off to watch a movie.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:00 AM   #41  
GmaTo8

Good morning,

Jen - I sure hope you get the supervisor position. You would be good at the job. Btw, you can set your options to have 40 posts on each page, if you wanted. Just go to your User CP, in the upper left hand corner of the screen, and then change your setting in Options. Yes, our Angie is back from New York, and hopefully she'll pop in here soon.

Debbie - wow, you sure got a bargain with the bike! My bike is in the shed, probably getting all rusty. I used to ride it when we lived in town, and loved the way it made me feel like a kid again. Have fun!

Hello to all other HFF, and to anyone reading this.

Nothing new here, just another beautiful September day to enjoy.

TTFN,
Old 09-08-2008, 01:33 PM   #42  

Hello Everyone,

Debbie - Glad your leader will be substitute and you'll be able to keep the one your know. What a great deal on your bike. I haven't been on a regular bike in years. I loved riding though and I would want what they call a beach bike. Don't care for the gears, etc. We thought about getting me one so DH and I could ride together, but he is afraid I would fall and break something. So he won't get me one. I'm stuck riding the stationary one.

Jen - I hope you get the new position. Is it supposed to become available real soon? I do WW/SBD at home, but yes the WW groups do get rewards. Someone else will have to tell you how they work, but my sister enjoys getting hers.

Jane - Enjoy your beautiful September day. It is a pretty day here, but no breeze.

Well, I guess I'm going to let off some steam. I am really ticked off today. I got a call from the company that I thought was my Medicare Part D which would put me strictly on Medicare and I found out that it is still all screwed up. I still don't know who is covering my doctor bills so I had to call the Chiropractic center and cancel my treatments maybe until January which will mean I will have to start all over then. This is really a mess. When you call Medicare, you get a different answer each time. However, they are the ones who not only made the switch to the new company which they say I am entitled to do and they told me to just present my Medicare card to the doctor's office. I don't think anyone knows what is going on. The companies sure don't seem to know what is going on. I was so upset that I had to apologize to the lady who called me, because I know she is only doing her job. But she told me one thing when she called and then told me something else when I told her why I had called on Saturday. Even the girl I talked to Saturday that I was active with them. This lady said I was at first, and then said something else. So who knows what is going on? So for now everything is on hold until I can find out more. I think I just have to wait until Medicare gets it in their computer which we know how slow that can be.

As DH said, at least I know what my physical problems are and I also know what and how I have to do things to make them better and I can be working on everything on my end until and can go back to the chiropractic center. One good thing is I borrowed a neck pillow from the doctor's office to try out for over the week end to see if it would help. It works wonderfully. I have had little to almost know neck pain all week end and my back even feels better. So I will definitely purchase it. Who knows maybe that will help things a long way. In the meantime, the insurance girl at the doc's office is going to see what she can find out for me. I guess it will work out one way or the other. So we will see. Thanks for letting me vent.

Angie, Jaime, Marti, Sue, Ruth and anyone else I missed - Check in when you can. We miss you.

Have a great day!

Trish
Old 09-08-2008, 01:44 PM   #43  

Jane - Oh I'm so sorry about your gain. I sure know how you feel I was up 2 lbs this WI too. Hopefully with the changes I'm making and my new suppliments I will be able to lose them and keep going downward. My thoughts are with you.

Trish
Old 09-09-2008, 12:22 AM   #44  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

hellllloo all its been a couple of weeks for sure!

Its been the best of times and the worst of times! Nah is all been good. I went to New York,,,Had a blast! NEED to go back to just see the rest.
Im making this a short Hello and off to bed.
I plan to come back and do some reading,,,
hope all you are doing great!

hugs
Angie
Old 09-09-2008, 05:50 AM   #45  

Good morning you all.

Yesterday started with me going to my temporary meeting, with a tickle in the back of my throat. As the day progressed, that tickle went to a sore throat and now I'm all stuffed up. I'm just hoping it doesn't go into my chest like it usually does. I'm awake, in the wee hours of the morning because I couldn't sleep except for in fits. An hour here, 20 minutes there. Right now I'm drinking a cup of hot tea with honey in it, points be da--ed. I'm hoping to fall sleep for at least a little while in a bit.

Jen, here's hoping you get that position!
Jane, here's hoping you get your focus back!
Patty, here's hoping you don't have to wait until January!
Angie, nice meeting you!

Last edited by Debala; 09-09-2008 at 06:47 AM. Reason: spelling
Closed Thread