Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 08:39 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Good Morning Ladies,

A quick one here as I'm on the run this morning to the beauty shop for a cut and perm. Then by the grocery. Talked to Medicare last night and they say "yes use just your Medicare card your covered". Yet it still isn't in the computer and it has gone from it takes 10 days, 30 days to now she said 60 days to "cross over". I kept asking what that means and got no answer to my satisfaction. So I've decided to wait until I see it on the the MyMedicare site before I do anything just to be on the safe side. I did use my confirmation number with one lady I spoke to and she couldn't find any thing and then she put me on hold to reprocess it and we got disconnected. So as far as I'm concerned problem still isn't solved so I'll just have to wait until October 16th to see if it gets on computer as it supposed should. When you deal with the government...

Angie - Glad your back and had a good trip.

Debbie - Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Catch you later.

Trish
Old 09-09-2008, 09:34 AM   #47  
a work in progress

Hi ladies, just a quick good morning...

Getting ready for our trip to WDW in about a week and a half I'm going to pretty much eat whatever I want on vacation -- I always drink diet soda or unsweetened ice tea, will keep drinking my water, and I know we will be walking around 10 miles a day -- one time at Disneyland I wore a pedometer and we walked 17 miles in one day But I'll just try to make good, healthy choices, salads with my meals etc, and not sweat the point counting until I get back. Last week was a bit rough OP, but more back on track and in control this week.

Deb, your bike sounds really cool I love my WW leader, and hate it when someone subs for him. Sam is very real, very down to earth, and he is so funny...everyone loves him.

Trish, hope everything works out with Medicare...I just hate insurance headaches...

Jen, congrats on your making your stone! Our WW leader gives us star stickers every 5 lbs we lose, and other things when we make 10%, and other specific goals. Good luck on the promotion

Angie!!! Good to see you girl! Glad you had a great trip to NY

Jane, I knew your bday was coming up...which day???

OK...off to work!
Old 09-09-2008, 05:37 PM   #48  

Hello Ladies,

Well, my hair is very curly. I just hope it lasts until after my trip in November.

I am on day 3 of the Phase 1 SBD/WW combo. The 1st 2 were a breeze, but today has been a struggle at times. I'm hoping it is just because my day started earlier and got my schedule a little off. I have another early day tomorrow too. I have never made it the whole 14 days before, but I am absolutely determined to make all of them this time and then ease into a healthier eating lifestyle when I'm to go into Phase 2.

Katie - When is your trip? I always do better eating when on trips. I think it is because food isn't readily available. I am already planning healthy things like nuts, dried fruit, etc that I can take with me for eating in the car. We usually breakfast on the run and then only eat one main meal out. The strange thing is I usually end up losing weight. Of course, this time I'm going back home to TX and they all like to celebrate with food. And they always try fixing my favorites.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Trish
Old 09-09-2008, 06:50 PM   #49  
GmaTo8

Hello,

Trish - wow, what a mess with the Medicare people. My sister is facing some of the same trouble. Glad you like the neck pillow. I'm pulling for you during your P1 of SBD!

Angie - good to see you here again after your vacation. You've always got the most fun things going on in your life! I live vicariously through you, lol.

Debbie - aww, I hope you're feeling better by now.

Mary Kate - wah! I wanna go with you to WDW!! When we went in May, we didn't make it to Disney Hollywood Studios, and I want to go back so badly! I tried to convince Neal that we should just wisk off to there for our anniversary Friday. He didn't go for that idea, lol. My birthday is the same as Angie's - Thursday, 9/11. Kind of a sad day to celebrate, but I count my blessings extra hard that day.

Hello to Ruth, Jaime, Pat, and all other HFFs.

I had the best day! Mary and I took Lily to the vet, (dropping her off was sad, though) then we picked up Jackson, and ran some errands. I got lots of hugs, kisses and big smiles from my buddy before I had to take him back to his daddy. He's such a charmer! I can just hear him with his best Joey from Friends imitation, "How you doin'? " in about 15 years, lol.

Tomorrow I get my hair touched up, and some highlights, too. My stylist has moved to Terre Haute, so I'm trying out a new one. I think I'll like her, since I've seen her work on others while at the salon. Wish me luck, lol.

My eating has been healthier today.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:24 PM   #50  

Hi Ladies,

Just though I would check in. Day 4 on my SBD/WW and I am really feeling tired. I think it is because I've been getting up early for 2 days in a room. Need more sleep... 5 to 7 hours sleep just doesn't cut it any more. Still determined to make the 14 days of Phase 1.

Jane - Thanks for the encouragment. I did make day 3 fine and OP. I am really looking forward to getting grains back into my diet. I went to the Introduction/Orientation of the Bible Study Fellowship class held at our church this morning. I had never heard of this, but a little over 200 women from different denomintations from surrounding cities get together on Wednesday mornings to study the Bible. I am going to really enjoy the lessons and meeting new people. It will be really nice since I haven't met many people since moving here. The whole this is only 2 hours long and I am so glad it was just an orientation today as I got that fuzzy/cloudy feeling/thinking about the last 15 minutes which I understand can happen on Phase 1 of SBD. It is good to know this will pass, however, I think I'll be okay when I can have my oatmeal for breakfast again. Oh Jane, Jackson sounds so sweet and one of those little ones with quite a "special" personality. I know he is a real joy to you.

Tony's DD in FL called last night. She thinks she might be able to get off for Christmas this year and wanted to let us know. She noticed that the woman who has always been off at Christmas is taking Thanksgiving. April has always had to take Thanksgiving. So they are hoping to be here for a week or mabye even a week and a half for Christmas. I sure hope it works out it would be so nice to have all of them here. It just doesn't seem like Christmas without the little ones.

I think I'll go take a short nap before I have to fix dinner. Wednesday night Bible Study with DH tonight. Hope everyone has a great day.

Trish
Old 09-10-2008, 09:31 PM   #51  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANE!!!
HOPE IT WILL BE YOUR BEST EVERY!!!

Trish
Old 09-10-2008, 09:40 PM   #52  
GmaTo8

Trish - thank you for the card - it is so funny, lol. Also for the bd wishes here. You're a sweetie to think of me. Good job on SB so far! I admire your determination. Wow, I hope Tony's DD will get to come home for Christmas. So far, I've had kids with me every year, and can't imagine them not being here. Katie has to work this C'mas Eve, when our big celebration is, but we'll just wait until she can be here. Seems funny talking about C'mas already, but really, it will be here before we know it!

Hello to everyone else!
Old 09-10-2008, 09:53 PM   #53  

Height: 5' 7"

Dang, I had a post all written up and some how didn't "post" it. I'll try to remember what I wrote.

Jane, Happy Birthday. Hope you had a good day.

Trish, I was suppose to start BSF tomorrow, but I'm too sick. So I plan on attending next week. I know I'm looking forward to learning more about the life of Moses. I've been in the past, but had to take the last couple of years off. You will love how much you learn each week just by studying the very small section of the bible for that week and then listening to the fellow women during discussion. Enjoy!

Still sick and because of that, my breathing is really labored, so I'm still not exercising. I have asthma, and usually it's under control, so I rarely have to use my inhaler, which is a good thing because I hate how it makes me feel afterward. So the plan for this week is to just watch my points (as much as possible) and start exercising when my breathing is better.

I hope you all have a great day!
Old 09-11-2008, 12:17 AM   #54  
a work in progress

Happy Birthday, Jane and Angie!!!

Old 09-11-2008, 10:02 AM   #55  

Default New to posting

Good morning all.. I am new to posting and fairly uncertain if I am doing this right. I am a weight watcher for a lot of my life. I have been at it for over a year and lost 30 lbs.. give or take a few.. I have at least 30 to 40 to loose yet ( haven't set my goal)
I have rheumatoid arthritis so that is my driving force. I also have taught aerobics/strength training for 20 years.. so I am fairly active.
I have recently decided to get with it and crank it up!
I will try to get used to this platform here and get with it..

So here I am!

Stabledgurly!!!
Old 09-11-2008, 03:09 PM   #56  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Parteee for Jane and Angie!

Wishing you both the best time ever!

Last edited by suetalks; 09-11-2008 at 03:10 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:39 PM   #57  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANGIE
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

Trish
Old 09-11-2008, 04:06 PM   #58  

Good afternoon Ladies,

Stabledgurly!!! - to HFF. You are doing fine with your posting. for losing 30 lbs. Sounds like you have done a great job. Sorry about the arthritis. I don't know musch about rheumatoid arthritis but I think it is good for us to keep moving and do what we can. Most people I know who have arthritis and keep moving seem to do better than those who don't. At least it seems to work that way for me. Glad you are here.

Debbie - I hope you get to feeling better soon. Sorry you didn't get to start BSF today. Will you be able to get this weeks lesson next week? I got a call from the lady who will lead my discussion group. She said our class will be a new class. I had never heard of BSF and I didn't know what to expect. I always though studying the Life of Moses would be boring, but I realized just from day one that this is going to really be a tremendous study. I talked to my babysister in Houston today and I think she is going to look for a group in her area.

Jane - In case I forget, Hope You and Neal have a very "HAPPY ANNIVERSARY" tomorrow.

Sue - How are you and your family doing? What is new with you?

Pat, Ruth, Jaime and everyone else I missed - Have a great day!!!

Day 5 of SBD/WW Phase 1 and I am really feeling the urge to stop and move on to Phase 2, but I am trying to stick with it. Don't know if I'll make it a week much less 2, but am still determined, really struggling to stay OP.

Trish
Old 09-11-2008, 04:24 PM   #59  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Trish- Great job with SBD. I only made it 11 days the first time I tried it. If I remember right you can't have fruit? That is a big staple in my life. I have my fingers crossed that you do well. Thanks for asking about me and the fam. We are doing well, even mom, who had been very ill last year. Things are looking up.

My friend who wanted to do WW online with me bailed out...so I don't know if I will try or not. So far I am just riding the bike and counting calories.

Hope you all have a nice Fri. and a wonderful week-end.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:10 PM   #60  

Sue - It is so good to hear from you as I think of you and your Mom a lot. I am so glad she is doing well. She went through so much. Thanks for the encouragement. I think the longest I ever made it on Phase 1 SBD was 9 or 10 days. I do hope I can make it this time. I do miss my fruit and my oatmeal. I also like yogurt or cottage cheese with blueberries. I think the morning oatmeal keeps me from being hungry all day plus gives me some bulk. I have heard that doing the SBD Phase 1 cleans up the system and also starts healthy things happening in our system as well. So I think it would be good for me if I can complete it. I will make it as long as I can working hard to make it the 14 days.

Hugs,
Trish
Closed Thread