Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 11:02 AM   #91  
GmaTo8

Happy Saturday, ladies,

Patty - any of the GL books would work with WW. The one I found is "The GL Diet for Dummies" and is basically a theory of eating no refined sugars and flour, etc. and eating the foods that we know are healthy for us such as whole grains, fruits and veggies, etc. We already knew that, but the book explains why this is important in relation to the way our bodies processes junk food as compared to complex carbs, etc. No sugar highs followed by feeling lethargic. Well, I'm glad to see that you'll be able to do WW at work.

Trish - I hope you had a great day yesterday for your birthday, even if you did celebrate it on Thursday.

I'm down 1 1/2 more today. We're having my nephew and his family in for dinner tonight, and that will be a challenge, but I think I can handle it. For one thing, I'll be sending any dangerous leftovers home with him, or with Mary and her family. If it isn't in the house, I can't eat it, right?

Have a good one,
Old 08-23-2008, 12:16 PM   #92  
We can do this

S/C/G: 223/ticker/120

Height: 5"3.5

Ok I jus noticd today I stil had a picture o me on my computer of when I started weight watchers,
I know Ive only 11 pounds off so far, but tel me that there is a **** of a difference between those two pictures???
Im totally amazed I cannot believe it

Gotta go to work talk to you all soon
Jen x
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 16 stone.jpg (4.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 15ST 2 POUNDS.jpg (19.2 KB, 4 views)
Old 08-23-2008, 05:43 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Good Saturday Evening Ladies,

Jane - Yes, I had a very good quiet birthday once we got home. I agree with you about not being able to eat food that isn't in the house. I always send food home with family when I have company here to eat.

Patty - I'm so glad your WW meetings at work are going to be available. I bought the book Jane got and then I also ordered The Holford Low GL Diet. There are many out there, but I think I'll get all I need from these two. I'm reading the GL Diet for Dummies right now and it is very much WW friendly. It also reminds me of a lot of what I read on the Whole Foods group here on 3fc. It just better explains how and why eating fruits, veggies and complex carbs works better than eating simple carbs and even diet foods. Like WW you can eat any food you want, but eating more of the good stuff 80% to 20% of the time helps you to lose weight and be healthier. I haven't gotten into the other book as of yet.

Jen - Thanks for sharing the pics. You are a very cute young lady.

I hope everybody is having a nice week end.

Hugs,
Trish
Old 08-23-2008, 06:21 PM   #94  

Jane on the 1 1/2 lbs gone. You go girl.

Trish
Old 08-25-2008, 08:40 AM   #95  
GmaTo8

Good Monday morning,

Jen - yep, it does look like you've lost more than 11 pounds. As Trish said, you're a cutie.

Trish - thanks. This weekend has been a real challenge, and today will be one, too. My son invited me to Pizza Hut for lunch. My plan is in place, and I'm going to have a salad with 2 skinny pieces of veggie pizza.

Hello to everyone else.

I'm on the screened-in patio with the laptop. It's a gorgeous morning, a little overcast, but nice anyway.

As I mentioned, I'm eating at Pizza Hut today for lunch. Knowing that I'll come back and report to you gals will help keep my OP.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:53 AM   #96  

Height: 5'7"

Jane - Good luck with your lunch plans. I will await your report back.

Jen - You're right, there is a great difference between those two pics! That's awesome!

Patty - You'll have to tell us how your WW@work meetings are going.

Trish - Happy (late) birthday!!

to anyone I missed!

I just stood up to go get coffee and OW. Man, am I sore, all over. The move went off without a hitch, the guys we hired to help us move were so excellent, the cats aren't happy but they will survive. We had reserved a 10' u-haul to make the move but they didn't have any 10'ers left, so they gave me the 14' for the 10' price ($20) - turns out this was the best thing that coulda happened, we filled that 14' to the ceiling and still had to make 2 runs in my pickup after. I crashed around 8pm last night and didn't move a muscle until 7 this morning.

Obviously WW has been out the window amidst all this moving... I am not sure I'll manage to get totally back OP before the week's end. And then of course this weekend is my birthday... Somehow I don't see me making a lot of progress on the WL front this next couple weeks!

Hope everyone has a good day today.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:26 PM   #97  

Good Evening Ladies,

Jaime - Isn't it neat how things seem to have a way of working out in your favor. It was good that you got the 14'er. Glad you got moved in and hopefully the soreness will be gone in a few days. I always feel like that way a few days after I make a move.

Jane - I hope things went well with Pizza lunch. We went to Red Lobster. It was a challenge. I hope I had enough GL foods to counteract the shrimp that I ate. The other GL bood I got says to have 1/2 your plate veggies, 1/4 protein and 1/4 carbs. I decided that even if my carbs aren't great as today at Red Lobster that if I follow the rule with the rest of it maybe it will help. Hopefully your salad and the veggies on your pizza will do the same. It must have worked because that was about 4 hours ago and I'm not hungry at all.

We went to Costco and Tony found a sweetner named Zsweet that is 0 Glycemic and doesn't raise the blood sugar and is made from food. It was a 600 packet box for less than $5.00 so I am trying it. As long as it doesn't spike my blood sugar and make me hungry for sweets I will use it. I've been using Stevia because it does the same it doesn't raise blood sugar, but it is almost $11.00 for 100 packets at the Health Food Store. I am enjoying the GL way of eating. It is so nice not to be hungry. I planned to do it with Core principles (and did yesterday), because I didn't want to count anything, but decided this morning to do Flex Points because I think it will be much easier.

To everybody else.

Hope everyone else is having a good day.

Trish
Old 08-25-2008, 09:28 PM   #98  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

hey all,,,sorry haven't been around...so busy.
I leave tomorrow bright and early for New York,,,going shopping and seeing the sites. Will talk when i get back after labour day
hugs
Old 08-25-2008, 09:30 PM   #99  
GmaTo8

Hi,

Jaime - I didn't realize your birthday was coming up. Which day is it? Wow, you got a good deal on the u-haul. I'm happy for you that the worst is over. Or maybe the worst is putting everything away, haha. About staying OP, maybe if you just try to stay in maintenance mode for a week or two, that could be helpful.

Trish - I feel fuller longer, too, combining the GL with Flex. I haven't followed it perfectly by any means, but can still tell a difference. That same portion info is in the Dummies book, too, on page 173. Thanks for the reminder! Be sure and tell us how you like the Zsweet, and whether or not it raises your blood sugar level. Sure sounds like a good deal, cost wise.

I did fine at Pizza Hut. I had the salad first, which was pretty good sized, and took my time eating it. Then I had my 2 little skinny slices of pizza, and was fine with that. I had to look back and see if I mentioned that I did eat too much over the weekend. Not extreme, or anything, but still. I'm trying to do this with the knowledge that this is for life, and I have to learn to deal with reality and persistance, not perfection.

TTFN,
Old 08-25-2008, 09:31 PM   #100  
GmaTo8

Angie - you will be missed! Have fun, and be careful.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:48 PM   #101  

Angie - Have fun on your trip to NY. Look forward to hearing about it when you get back.

Jane - I looked up Jaime's BD and it is August 30th. I forgot to mention here to you and the group that I recently read that the greens in the salads we eat before meals helps our joints. I thought that was interesting to know.

Catch y'all tomorrow.

Hugs,
Trish
Old 08-25-2008, 11:56 PM   #102  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Hi Everybody!

Hi All, Just wanted to pop in and say hi to Jane and all of those JL's.......Miss you gals!
Old 08-26-2008, 11:26 AM   #103  
Patty

S/C/G: 208/195.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning,

I did pick up a GL book yesterday. I haven't had a chance to start reading it yet. I also bought the Last Lecture and will probably read it first. I'm a 2 1/2 year cancer survivor of breast cancer... it'll be 3 years next April 26.

The meeting yesterday was good. We won't have another until the Monday after Labor days so I'll have to be good these next 2 weeks. I am going with the core plan... I just don't like the fact that there are no portion sizes. I was thinking about using the portion sizes from flex, is that what is supposed to be done?
Old 08-26-2008, 12:14 PM   #104  

Height: 5'7"

Trish - @ "made from food" - that's always good to see!! I have never heard of Zsweet, does it have any weird aftertaste or anything? I always found stevia to have a bitter aftertaste that didn't agree with me.

Angelia - Have a great trip!

Jane - Yep, my quarter-century birthday is on Saturday. I'm pretty excited, though we don't really have plans I wanted to hit the town but all my friends appear to be out of town for labor day... So I might settle for finding an easy hike with a nice picnic spot or something relaxing like that. Hurray for staying on track at pizza hut!!

Patty - from what I understand you aren't supposed to really mess with portion sizes a whole lot on Core - you are supposed to put a sensible amount of food on your plate and stop when you feel satisfied, not stuffed. So it's like you're training your internal portion control. I think about trying Core for a week here and there but never follow through.

My kitchen is put together! After putting my underwear in a drawer so I could find it in the morning () the kitchen was my #1 priority. Spent all last night making sure everything was in a good, accessible spot. We have significantly less cupboard space at the new place than in our last, so I had to get creative in a couple of spots, but it actually looks really great and organized right now. Only thing I need now is a spice rack so I don't have to leave my spices out on the counter all the time.

So now that the kitchen is organized - tonight will be my first night cooking in our new place. No more eating out for me! We've had a terrible run the past few days of eating out and the scale is not happy with me as a result. So no excuses now Back to the healthy eating!

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:50 PM   #105  
GmaTo8

Whoa! See you at #4.
Closed Thread