Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 02:46 PM   #16  
Patty

S/C/G: 208/195.4/150

Height: 5'5"

I just got word that there weren't enough people signing up to get the WW at work. We are still going to have an informational meeting and I'll go to see if I can save any money by doing this through my work. Money is tight for everyone now.

I got myself my first charm for loosing 10 lbs. and am wearing it today. It feels good to have a reminder like this...
Old 08-04-2008, 03:31 PM   #17  
We can do this

S/C/G: 223/ticker/120

Height: 5"3.5

Patty - thats a pity about not being able to do weight watchers through work.
what charm did you get for your bracelet. That is a nice idea.

I have one advantage of still living at home. If Im working late my mam will cook for me and will be ready when I get home. I can't argue with that.

As for this dinner. I don't know how formal it will be. But if I get a nice dress then I should be ok. But haven't even seen anything that Id like to wear. But i've a few weeks yet, not panicking.

Hope everyone is keepiing well,
JeN
Old 08-05-2008, 08:15 AM   #18  
GmaTo8

Hello,

SPatty - YAY for you, earning the charm. What does it look like? Sorry it's a no-go for WW at work. Well, you can just get all your support here, ok? Do you already have a points counter? Once you get that, you're good to go. We can help you with the rest.

Jen - aww, I bet your mam is nice. Do you have siblings? I am the youngest of 7 daughters. No brothers. Two of my sisters have passed. One, when she was 10, died of tuberculosis, and another, when she was 48 died of cancer. Three of the 4 that are left live fairly near, and the other one lives in central Illinois. Didn't mean to go on about the fam, lol.

I stayed OP yesterday, thanks to the abundance of fresh veggies. I got the munchies, and had a plate full of grape tomatoes, celery, sugar snap peas and cukes with just a bit of lite Ranch dressing. Eating healthier sure does make a person feel better, doesn't it? Now if I can just keep within my points, I might actually lose some weight!

Gotta surf - toodles for now.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:10 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Sorry I'm not around much these days and it promises to get worse. I was looking at my calendar this morning and August is full and will be even worse when I start treatments at the Chiropractic Center. I think I am going to need the treatments to get my system aligned (sp) and functioning properly before a lot of good things start happening with my weight and health. The Chiro-clenz tea I'm drinking just isn't working for me like it really should be and I make it really strong like the girl in the office told me to do. So I can hardly wait to get started. I canceled my appointment with the regular MD for this month because I want to get a good start with the Chiropractic treatment and I am thinking that I would rather have a woman doctor or perhaps a MD that will work more with natural and the chiropractic work I'm having done. My Chiropractor is an older gentlemen probably in his 70's and he is a sweetheart and he said he would help me find a good regular doc and reminded me that I need a good female doc. So hopefully he has someone in mind. Eating following the guidelines of the diet plan I got from him has made it soooo easy for me to stay OP. I actually don't get hungry any more. Now just to get enough exercise which being active should help.

SPatty - I am so sorry that the WW at work didn't pan out. You know in my church back in TX before I married Tony I did a class for those who wanted to lose weight. I was amazed to find how many people, including my Pastor then who had medical problems that dieting would have corrected, wanted to lose weight but didn't want to do anything to do it. He even told me that it was too hard. I agree with Jane stick around here and you can get the help you need. You can read about others and get a lot of info and also surf 3FC and get a lot of healthy info to help you learn to eat healthy as you lose the weight. Believe me, I'm turning 65 this month, I have learned that healthy is the main thing. I'm not doing it for all the crazy reasons I did when I was younger. Last night I was thinking that I could have 5 yrs or 20 + years left of my life now and I want to live it healthy. I don't want to go out with heart disease or cancer. I want to do like my previous hubby did... just go to sleep one day and wake up in heaven and go just because it is time to go not because I'm sick. So just remember you have made a good choice that I call "being good to yoursel". I've decided I always put other people first and I'm good to them and now it is my turn for me to do that for myself. WW is a good plan because it fits any way you want to eat or like to eat. The choices are yours.

gmdavis - We look forward to getting to know you. So just jump in and tell us about yourself.

Angelia - Sounds like fun. When we had our house built, I picked out my jacuzzi and DH planned the shower, but the toilet was one item that we left to the builder.

Jane - I told Tony that I could live in IN with all the great veggies and fruits you guys get and he said, "Do you want to deal with all that snow? I don't want to do that again". So I guess IN will just be a place we go to visit every few years to see his son. Enjoy them and YAY girl for staying OP.

Jen - I agree it is absolutely possible to be under 200 by Christmas. Good luck girl.

Pat - Good to hear from you. Hope all is going well with you.

Marti, Ruth and everyone else

Better get busy. I'm trying to keep my house up while all this busy time is going on.

Y'all have a great day!!!!

Trish

Last edited by pattygirl63; 08-05-2008 at 02:11 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:43 PM   #20  
We can do this

Hi all,
This is just a very quick message. Its great having internet access on my phone.
Turns out stayin OP all the time is not exactly great.
I happen to have 2 friends who work as paramedics who I had to call today at work, after I collapsed.
Turns out my blood sugar went too low as did my blood pressure.
Something along the lines, of my body is use to getting more sugar than its now getting. I guess I shouldn't have ignored the slight dizzy spells.

But Im ok now. That huge bar of chocolate.... Did wonders for my head but nothing else.
Anyway Ill check back in with you all soon
JeN
Old 08-05-2008, 07:20 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Jen,

I'm glad you are okay. Some times when we want to lose a lot of weight like you do by your September event, we have a tendency to cut back too much on foods we really need. That isn't good for a lot of reason. Remember that one of the nice things about WW is that it is flexible and can work in and around what you need for your system. So you be sure to do just that. Work according to what your needs are. Are you eating fruit? Fruit would give you some natural sugar and if you do need sugar, you can even work around that too by working it into your plan. Make your WW Plan your Personal plan so that you can be sure you get all you need in your food plan.

Trish

Last edited by pattygirl63; 08-05-2008 at 07:22 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:32 PM   #22  
We can do this

thnks patty
i dont know wat happened i eat lots of fruits make my on smoothies everyday.
but one of the paramedics is going to get me,,,, name wont cum to me.. thing for checking your blood sugar levels diabetics use them.. just to keep an eye on it for it awhile.
jen
Old 08-06-2008, 01:45 PM   #23  
Patty

Hi all,

The charm I got was a flip-flop. I decided to wear it on a necklace instead of a bracelet.

Jane, I do have an old points tracker from years back... before they had the core plan. I was thinking about going with core, but don't know the foods on the list and what the daily requirements are for core. Last time I was on WW I used the on-line, but found it better for me to have something to read so I can understand the concepts. I have a hard time sitting and reading from a computer for a long time. I sent an e-mail to the lady who was trying to set up WW at work and asked her if I would benefit in any way to wait for the informational meeting on WW. I haven't heard back, but in the past she has always responded fairly quickly. I'm going to give her until the end of the week and then I'll just sign up. Things are pretty busy in my life right now so if it takes a couple of weeks to get things started that would probably be better. I have enough South Beach knowledge to at least maintain and hopefully loose a little.

Thanks for all the support ladies It's much appreciated and hopefully I can do the same for you some day.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:42 PM   #24  

Height: 5'7"

Patty - Sorry to hear there weren't enough people to form an @work group. The in-person support sure is nice, but 3FC makes a pretty good back up, don't you think? A flip flop charm sounds very cute!

Jen - Wow, I sure hope you are okay now! Are you hypoglycemic? Make sure you take care of yourself. I was diagnosed hypoglycemic a few years back and while it's not so bad now as it was then, I still have to feed myself every few hours and make sure I get enough carb in there to keep my blood sugar at a good level.

Jane - Wow, getting the munchies and you reach for a veggie platter! I'm impressed! I still hunt around for something junky, and only settle for the veggies

Trish - I wish you luck with the chiropractor, and I am glad to hear you are having success staying OP.

This is a quick fly-by for me today, posting while dinner is simmering on the stove. I am writing a report at work that is just tough as nails and won't come out right no matter what I do, so my 3FC visits are short! DH and I were redoing the budget the other night because we are suddenly facing a move to a more expensive location (DC) and we were trying to get costs down - I said I could let go of the WW monthly pass and just do it at home for a while, but he was staunchly against it. I thought that was very sweet. He said he knows it's important to me, and he would never ask me to give up something that helps me so much. He got major brownie points there!

Hope everyone is well - must attend to my simmering concoction and then try to hammer out more of this report.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:44 AM   #25  
Patty

Jaime, you definately have a keeper in your husband. It's great that he supports you.

I'm so confused as to what is going on at work for WW. Yesterday they said that we were going to have an "informational" meeting about the 12 week plan followed by a WI for those willing to pay. How this is different from WW at work, which we didn't have enough people, I don't have a clue. Either way, it sounds as if there is a good chance that we'll have meetings here at work. That's good I'm just getting impatient because I'm ready to start now.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:16 AM   #26  
GmaTo8

What?! I didn't post here yesterday??

Note to all HFFs - in case you missed the announcement, Jaime is now a mod here in WW with Mauv and me. Congrats to her!!!!

Trish - your birthday is the 22nd, right? Just checking. It seems like we're all so busy. I'm one of those people that LOVE snow, and can't wait for the 1st snow of the season. I usually go out and play in it, and make a snow angel. Now that I have arthritis in my knee, I doubt I'll be able to that anymore, lol. It takes me until late February to get tired of snow.

Jen - oh my goodness, I'm so glad you're ok! Have you been keeping an eye on your sugar and bp now?

SPatty - sounds like WW at Work to me, too, unless they are planning to just have the first meeting to get you started. But why would they do that? When is the meeting?

Jaime - when are you moving to DC? Did your DH get transferred there? Aww, how sweet of him to want you to keep going to WW for yourself. Good luck with the report.

Ruth, Pat, Marti, Angelia, Mary Kate, gmdavis, and anyone I left out, I hope you're having a good week!

I have been going up and down OP. Maybe I need a swift kick in the rear. I did great yesterday, then had a bowl of buttered popcorn last night. Popcorn -ok, butter - not ok!

I just bought a 1/2 bushel of the most beautiful right-off-the-tree peaches. Mmmm. I eat the fuzz, do you?

Have a good one!
Old 08-07-2008, 11:33 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Hi everyone~A quick fly by here. I am very depressed, I am going to have to start taking my medications again. I just cant shake the blues. I am glad every one else is doing so well.

Jamie~ congrats on your moderatorship.

Everyone have a great day! Pat
Old 08-07-2008, 12:11 PM   #28  

Height: 5'7"

SPatty - That is strange. Is there anyone in charge you can ask for clarification about what's going on? Sounds like good news though!

Jane - Mmm, peach fuzz! I definitely eat the fuzz. I was just talking about this with someone else around here, peach fuzz apparently freaks some people out! I love it, but then again, I also eat the pricklies on the outside of a kiwi.

As for moving, we have a couple of reasons - I eventually need to get out of my current job, and there is nothing for me here in Charlottesville. Leo will have a better time finding a job once he's done dissertating up there than down here. And my sister is nearby, she is having her 2nd at the end of September, and being closer to family would be a good thing. Then there's the landlord pressure to skedaddle, so off we go! Thankfully my company has an office in DC which I can transfer to so I will still have a job!

Pat - I am sorry to hear you are feeling down. Medication will definitely help. Our brains are crazy things, the least bit of chemical imbalance and off we go. Good luck, keep us posted. Thanks for the congrats.

It is almost the weekend! I am thrilled. I have a lot of reading I need to catch up on, plus there is always more work to be done. And now that we are facing moving, tons of cleaning we should probably start in on! Busy times ahead!

Hope everyone is well
Old 08-07-2008, 04:50 PM   #29  
GmaTo8

Just a quick pop in -

Jen - are you okay? Let us know, since you didn't post yesterday, either.

Pat - aww, I'm sorry you're feeling down. I wish I could help you in some way.

Jaime - oic about the move. How great that you'll be there for your sister, and especially that you'll be able to transfer in your same company.

Nuthin' new with me...
Old 08-07-2008, 05:52 PM   #30  
We can do this

Sorry about not being on. I work strange hours and with the time differences too Im never online the same time as anyone else.
Im feeling ok.ish... think im going to make an appointment to see my doctor soon just to be sure.
But on the plus side today was my official weigh in and I lost another 3 Pound
So thats 7 now in total.

Hope everyone is doing well.
And congrats on the moderatorship
Jen
Closed Thread