Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 05:08 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

HFFriends,

This will be a quick one. I'm just checking in. Scales were up again today WI day, so I'm going to switch to Core and see if it will work for me. Probably be more of a Flex/Core Combo. I did this when I was a member of online WW, but quit when people complained that you couldn't do it. Then I read on there that a lot of other people were doing the same thing. I remember a doctor asking me one time "Have you ever had a diet that worked for you?" I told him yes I did. He said "Then do it". So I decided that if it worked very well for me and I lost really good on it, why not do it again. Low carb is what worked for me before, but I just don't want to go so strict Atkins type low carb again. I think for me Fiber is very important. I think that is why doing Flex with Core rule of eat when your hungry until satisfied worked so well for me before instead of having to eat all those pts. Most of the time I find myself eating when I'm not really hungry just to get the pts eaten on Flex and sometime that causes me a trigger to eat more. That is not an eating habit I want to develop. So I'm going to do what I call a tweaked Flex/Core Plan again and see what happens.

Jane - I hope the bike helps you too. I have stairs and I'm going to start walking up and down them a couple of times each day and also do some weights. I hope to eventually work up to 30 minutes 5 or 6 days a week. I plan to use a few WP each day, but but not all of them as I want to be able to save them and any AP I may accumulate for when we go out to eat or special occasions.

Marti - Enjoy your little 4 day vacation doing things you like to do.

Angelia - DH saw your name on here one day when I was reading and thinks you have a beautiful name.

Jamie, Pat, Ruth and anyone else I missed Have a great evening.

Trish
Old 07-20-2008, 09:36 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Hi Everyone~It was a hot day here!! I took Noelle for a 30 minute walk. Then did 1 hour of stepping. Then I did 40 wall push ups. I feel them in my arms. The last 2 were hard to squeeze in. Eating is op. Tomorrow is weigh in day. OH Boy! Sorry for the quick fly by. Hope every one had a good weekend. Catch ya all later. Pat

Last edited by Dixiemae; 07-20-2008 at 09:37 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:37 PM   #33  
GmaTo8

Hi,

Marti - it's been awhile since Neal and I had friends in, as a couple. Sounds like fun! I hope you have a good time with James tomorrow,whatever you decide to do.

Trish - I think your plan is a good one. You tend to gravitate back to it, so it must be the right plan for you. I'm liking the bike, so far. But not nearly as much as the DGDs, lol.

Pat - you're doing great with the exercises. Good luck at weigh in tomorrow.

As I said earlier, I've been doing pretty well with food, but not as good as I should. I'm going to start doing the Weight Watcher Quick Start Plus program for as long as I can, or a week, tops. It's from several years ago, but because of the restrictive food list, it's very effective to jump-start a losing streak.

I hope you've had a good weekend. Sure flew by, didn't it?

Last edited by Jane; 07-20-2008 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:30 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Hi Everyone~It looks like rain here. It is gloomy out there. I need to take Noelle for a potty break.

Jane~I hope the jump start plan works for you. I don't remember that plan. Keep us posted.

Trish~Sounds like you have a plan going on too.

Marti~How was your time off mini vacy?

Today is weigh in day. As I updated my ticker I made a mistake. It said I had 187 pounds to loose. I got a good laugh out of that before I changed it. I weighed in at 187. I lose another pound. I did 40 wall push ups last night. I was so amazed, but I feel them this morning. I have my food plan for the day. I have my workout planned. I am going to add crunches to the workout.
Building slowly so I don't get so sore. Catch ya all later Pat

Boopis Dang I cant get my ticker to work at the moment. I weigh 187 have 37 to go

Last edited by Dixiemae; 07-21-2008 at 09:37 AM.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:28 PM   #35  

Hi Ladies,

Well I asked a question on WW Core board and never got an answer. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and figure that they didn't know it themselves as a lot of people read my question with no replies. So I finally called my sister last night who attends WW and does Flex. She was going to talk to her leader for me, but we went over the material for Core rules together (I read from my materials) and found I did everything wrong yesterday. So my new start and WI day has now become Monday as I had to start my clean OP today. Counted yesterday as my final Flex only day. I really like to call my Flex/Core Combo tweaked plan Flexor. So my weight was up even more today and I realize it is probably more water gain than actual gain, but it just ticks me that it even happens. But I look at it this way, I should show a good weight loss the first week right? I guess I will put my gain on my ticker although I don't want to see it.

Pat - You are doing great. Yes, I do have a plan. And I forgot about the wall pushups. I made up my own set of exercise years ago and that was one of them along with arm circles and lunges with weights. I think I will do that again with the stair climbing and stationary bike should be a good work out for me each day. Congrats on the weight loss. You obviously have found what works for you.

Jane - Our DGC always love the stationary bike when they are here. Wouldn't you love to have the energy to push it as well and fast as they do? I'm glad you like it. I don't think I know what the WW Quick Start is either. Could you enlighten us even if you have to PM me? I've heard them mention something like that before in ads, but don't seem to have info in my Home Kit I got. I wondered if it was more like Core. I wonder if I can still be part of the Flex July Callenge? You know I do seem to gravitate back to this. Core is more like low carb. I stood at the fridge to get the eggs out and thought "After all these years here I am a month away from turning 65 and I am back doing low carb again". The nice thing is that I just read an article on MSN that was in England Medical Journal where there had been research tests done comparing low carb, lowfat and Mediterranian diets. Weight was lost by all groups, but of them all lowcarb came out on top even in the health results. So at my age that is good news and hope it will show when I have my first doctor's appointment one month from today. I am sure he will want to do blood work etc and I hope it will come out good.

I had a lowcarb breakfast and it is working already as it is past our dinner time (we usually have main meal around 2 or 2:30) and I'm not hungry yet. No cravings. That is great.

Well, I guess I had better get going. Everybody else. Hope everybody had a great weekend.

Hope y'all are having a great Monday and will have a great weekend too.

Trish

Last edited by pattygirl63; 07-21-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:00 PM   #36  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

hey all...
Thanks Trish...my name was a mistake,,,was suppose to be Angela but back in my day the nuns were the admin staff in the hospital and this one nun had some fancy penmenship...so somehow my name had a I added to it!...lol

Im doing so bad about eating that Im unsure of what to do next. I think Im in quick sand,,,horrible place,,,cause I know if I could just get my act together I could do welll....need more sleep more time to myself and to just breath.

welll on that note,,,going to bed...
Old 07-22-2008, 09:31 AM   #37  

Height: 5'7"

Sorry I've been MIA for a couple of days, I must finish up this project at work by tomorrow and my main computing time is during work hours. I can't seem to make myself sit still in front of a computer in evenings or on weekends... Do too much of that during the week for it to feel relaxing!

Trish - Good luck on the Flex/Core combo. (Flore? Clex? I like Flexor.) I hope it works out for you, there is no reason why you shouldn't try if it is something that has worked in the past! I can't believe WW Online people would try to tell you that something is not "allowed" - as if it's their place to say what you can or can't try to make work for yourself.

Pat - You sound like a busy woman! Look at all that activity you're getting! Congrats on the pound lost!

Jane - I got your card yesterday, thank you very much! I just love getting mail! Good luck with the Quick Start program. Is that just a week of pre-planned meals, or is it low carbish, or what? I don't think I'm familiar with it. Sure can be tough to shake through those stalls though eh?

Angelia - You know what you need to do next. Pull yourself up out of that sand one day at a time. Easier said than done. But you know what it takes to get back OP. Get some rest, take care of yourself, think of all the reasons you want to get healthy, refocus, recommit...

Marti - Hope you had a good time with DH & friends.

To anyone else out there reading this

I was up 0.8 at WI Saturday but I'm okay with that - I'm seeing some scale rockiness generally right now which I am going to attribute to TOM. Hopefully it'll come back down for this week's WI. DH and I went to see Wall-E this weekend, has anyone else seen it? It is a very cute movie with a nice little environmental angle to it. There has been some controversy around it because of how it depicts overweight people, some were coming out of the theater feeling like they had been insulted (all the humans in the movie are these blob things unable to stand on their own, sitting in a chair all day glued to a screen drinking everything through a straw). Which I think is kind of ridiculous. I'm interested if any of you have seen the movie to hear what you think about this aspect of it.

Went for a walk/jog last night and jogged for 13ish minutes of the 48 minute trip, which is more than I have ever done (usually I peter out around 8 minutes). However, when I got home and compared my trip to my last one, it seems I went way slower than I ever have as well. Maybe that's why I was able to sustain the jogging for so much longer, but I also increased my mile time by 4 minutes doing in that way. It's somewhat frustrating to decide where the balance should be....

Well anyway, hope everyone has a good day today!
Old 07-22-2008, 12:31 PM   #38  

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick one here. Tony is having pain in one spot in his back so we have a doctor's appointment this afternoon to have him checked out.

My first day on Flexor was really good. I will be checking scales each day to see how it is going. I dropped 2 lbs of the 6 lbs gained. So I believe I'm on the right track here.

Jane - I am thinking that the WW Jump Start is probably designed to get rid of cravings. I know that is what Phase 1 of diet plans like SBD are for. I have done a few days of SBD Phase 1 myself just to get rid of cravings myself. I hope that works for you.

Jamie - I was missing you. How did things go for your DH? I wasn't aware that when a person was married to American that they had to go through all of that stuff. Shows how smart I am in that area, lol As far Online WW, that is why I quit it and love having the WW groups on 3FC. When I was online with WW, there was constant bickering going on. They were supposed to ban people who caused trouble. I remember one guy that I don't believe was even on WW who was constantly causing arguements to break out. I always wondered why they did not get rid of him. I'm sure your slight gain will be temporary and you may even see that and more gone when you WI again since it is surely a TOM thing.

Angelia - Maybe you haven't really found the way of eating that you enjoy or perhaps you are under stress that is interfering with it. I find it is good to set down and have talk with myself (I know sound crazy, huh) and find out where I am with all this. It helps me and might help you. You can do it girl. It just takes determination and something you enjoy doing so it doesn't become a torture thing.

Gotta run. Have a great day.

Hugs,
Trush
Old 07-22-2008, 01:52 PM   #39  

Height: 5'7"

Trish - WTG on the loss already! Looks like it's working for you!

And I forgot I hadn't been in here since I was talking about DH's immigration interview before we had it - well, it mostly went very smoothly. I forgot to bring my W-2s from 2007 though I had my tax return. They need the W-2s though and will not compromise... Thankfully though that was the only problem. So no "official" decision could be made since they didn't have my W-2 (which they need so they can see that my DH is/will be financially supported for the foreseeable future). Anyway she told us that once she receives the W-2s he can expect his green card in 3-6 weeks... Which I assume made she has "unofficially" made the decision already

The hoops and hurdles here are necessary for a non-citizen spouse if he/she wants to work or cross borders or own land at any point in the future. I suppose you can exist here without doing the immigration limbo if you don't feel like legitimizing your visa status.... Millions of people do it but that's certainly not what we wanted It's tough but totally worth it
Old 07-22-2008, 02:12 PM   #40  
GmaTo8

Hello ladies,

Pat - yay for you, having a plan in place. That's a big part of the battle!

Trish - yes, it's ok for you to still post in the July Challenge. Other member go back and forth from Core and Flex, so it's ok. Jaime is the head of it, and I know she'll say it's fine. Seems like the health experts are always coming up with something new. Today I heard on TV that it makes absolutely NO difference what kind of fluids you take in, from water, tea, cola, veggies, fruit, etc. we just have to stay hydrated from something. That may be true, but I personally lose much better when I get plenty of plain ol' water, no matter what the experts say. They're always changing the "facts" on us, lol.

Angie - I feel your pain, sista! and know exactly how you're feeling. I'm getting downright depressed over my weight. Some days I stay OP just fine, but when I go over, I usually really mess up.

Jaime - I feel sure your tiny gain is thanks to TOM. Mary and the kids are going to see Wall-E today. The promos look cute. I'll ask her how she felt about the message about overweight people. Don't worry about your slower run/jog/. At least you are out there, doing it, and that says a lot! YW for the card. Sounds like "all systems go" for your DH. A big woohoo for that!

WW Quick Start is an older plan, much lower in points than I am used to (about 20 - 22 a day) and is limited in food choices. No peanut butter, starchy veggies, rice, potatoes, etc. (A small amount of cereal or bread is allowed, though.) I was trying to follow it exactly as written, but already caved yesterday. By evening, I wanted to eat everything in the house, I was so hungry! Instead, I ate a healthy snack that made me go over the QS program, but I was still under my normal points. So now I've decided that if I can just stay on my regular plan, that would be fine. For someone of my weight, it's just too hard to go so low in points, and I don't even know why I thought I could do this.

Today is my only day off in a 12 day stretch from babysitting, so I've got some errands to run. Mary's on her 4 day break, but for the next 3 days, I've got Terry and Gina's 3 kids. The regular babysitter is taking yet another (paid) week off. So I've got to scoot!

Toodles!

Last edited by Jane; 07-22-2008 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:51 PM   #41  
GmaTo8

Ah, I just have to tell you - our cantaloupes and watermelons are ripe. So are the freestone peaches. Mmmm, I'm in heaven!
Old 07-22-2008, 09:53 PM   #42  

Hi Ladies,,

A quick flyby tonight. I got Tony to go to chiropractor who is a deacon in our church. He gave Tony a thorough check up and xrays and he has no broken or cracked ribs. He does have some sore, swollen muscles. He will be taking a series of treatments, but he will be okay. Whew! I am so relieved to know that. Now just got to get this mand and then try to keep him out of any more trouble. He told the Doc, "I guess I was thinking like a 10 year old." Well, hello, he is Not and he is going to have learn to remember that.

Jane - Awe sorry you are having a hard time and that the QS program didn't work for you. Maybe you are stressing yourself out. I read in a magazine at Docs office that we need to just try to be nicer to ourselves and give ourselves room for those times we have what we call slips or falling off the wagon. They said go for 8 out of 10 times we can be good and allow ourselves room to be human and have those slips up. They claim if we would not expect ourselves to be "perfect" we would do better. So just don't beat yourself up, girl. You have had some really good OP days so try to focus more on those instead of the times you either weren't as good as you wanted to be or even had a slip. Remember, it is about the "whole" journey. We are too accustomed to looking only at the bad days and I think that is where we mess up because we put our focus on the wrong place. Hope this helps.

You know I think the way I'm doing what I call my WW Flexor plan is probably more like the old WW plan we had 30(?) years ago. I am really enjoying not being hungry. Wierd feeling.

Catch y'all tomorrow.

Hugs,
Trish
Old 07-23-2008, 07:42 AM   #43  

Hey ladies, sorry I haven't been around. I just haven't been on track and thus not posting very much! I thought I'd be okay with a plateau, actually really didn't think I'd would...but alas....I've been up and down the same 3 or 4 pounds now for over a month. I've really got to kick it into gear...I haven't been journalling and the only exercise I'm getting is the treadmill and my 15 minutes walks at work...which I sometimes skip!! Maybe a relaxing day at the spa would rejuvenate me and get me going again.

Anyway, I still glance at the post everyday....and I'm going to post more from now on. Maybe I should just fake it until it clicks again. Anyway, looks like I'm in the sand with Angelia!

Last edited by short & sassy; 07-23-2008 at 07:48 AM.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:37 PM   #44  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies...

Had a great 4 days off from work! And pleased that I only have a three day work week!!

Eating has been good but not great. Some high sodium foods which will stick to ya like crazy! Exercise has still been an issue for me, but I've decided to join a challenge to get myself going again.

Hope all is well with you. I need to get myself going and hit the showers.

Chat with you later
Old 07-23-2008, 01:44 PM   #45  

Just flyby to say Hi Ladies. Tony has a docs appointment for chiropractic treatment in less than 2 hrs so I'll get back with y'all when I get him back and settled.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Hugs,
Trish
Closed Thread