Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 11:57 PM   #61  

Hi girls!! Sorry I haven't been around in a few days...still stuck in a rut!! But that is ending tomorrow. I'm getting back on the wagon and get back on track.

Well, I'm off to bed for now...but I will check in tomorrow morning, read you post and address each of you then.

Goodnight!
Old 07-28-2008, 09:09 AM   #62  
GmaTo8

Hello ladies,

Trish - I'm glad you're feeling better about things. Did you have a good party? I'm going to one Sat. and dread facing all the food. It's a carry-in, though, so I can take something that's not too lethal.

Ruthie - when you get back on the wagon, pull me up, too, willya? I'm not doing too badly, but not well enough to show a loss.

Hello all other HFF and anyone else reading this.

I had a fun weekend. I spent some time with my sister and did some shopping. Penny's had a 70% off sale, and I got some new drapes for the living room. This is going to turn into a big project, because I'm redoing it all. I'll have to wait a few weeks to begin until I get everything bought that I need. I also went to the craft store and bought some new scrapbooking stuff. Like I didn't already have enough, lol.

I ate too much this weekend, and didn't get enough exercise. I have better intentions for this week.

Have a good, healthy day!
Old 07-28-2008, 09:49 AM   #63  

Height: 5'7"

Trish - Fiber One cereal is a Core cereal, and it has over 50% of your daily fiber needs. Do you like that cereal/have you checked it out? That would certainly help you get your fiber while remaining on Core. Great to hear the scales are moving back down for you! Like Jane said, you are human, everybody gets busy and strays a little now and again. Pick yourself up and continue moving forward! And no worries about my name, many, many people spell it wrong The price I pay for being unique

Jane - Glad to hear your babysitting load is lightened! Do you think saving your points for the evening is acting as an enabler for you? Like, I'm allowed to snack on whatever, because I have points left... and you keep that mentality even after your points are gone? Have you tried planning out specifically what you are going to snack on in the evening, so that you know it's time to stop when those things are gone?

SPatty - Congrats on the loss! Yes yes, keep heading away from that 200 mark!

Ruth - Can't wait to see you back on the wagon

Well, the hiking trip was a blast. It was actually closer to 6 miles, instead of the 4.4 we had planned, because we decided to keep going after we had reached the top of the falls and went all the way up to the other end of the trail. Holy cow was the uphill difficult! Then of course the downhill only feels easy for so long, then your knees start to get tired and my toes started to hurt from being pushed against the tops of my shoes. It was very, very worth it though, what a gorgeous hike. I drank 2L of water while we were out and didn't need to pee for the whole afternoon!! My body sure was using every drop of water I put into it!

Here is the public link to my Facebook album if you are interested in seeing the photos:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...e87&id=1531000

Then of course I go and do the stupid thing of getting ice cream on the way home - it wasn't stupid points-wise, as I more than earned enough APs to cover it, but it was stupid from a sugar POV. I haven't had such a large quantity of sugar in my system in a long time, and I paid for it all night with a headache that wouldn't go away til about 3am. Remind me not to do that again

Hope everyone is well, to all who might be reading this!
Old 07-28-2008, 10:36 AM   #64  
GmaTo8

Jaime - those photos are awesome and it's so cool that you did it! What an accomplishment! Leo is a totally cutie, btw. I tried to leave a comment, but it wouldn't let me since I'm not a registered member. About me and the points, well, it's more a frame of mind than anything else. I used to do real well by saving points for evening. Now I eat what I have planned, then more on top of that.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:33 AM   #65  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies..

Sorry I've not posted in a bit, been busy, plus I haven't really focused much on the eating part (counting points) of my health, been focusing on getting in more activity (walking) and upping my water intake.

BUT.....it's a new day, a new week! Not to late to get to counting again!

Does it ever get easy girls??
Old 07-28-2008, 12:29 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hello Ladies

Yesterday was a nice quiet day. I had a pretty good Core day, drank my water and even did some exercise. So I am back on track again. Now I've just got to stay here.

Jaime - Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I do have the Fiber One cereal and do love it. I was looking at fiber pills at Wal-Mart the last time I was there and realized that I can eat 1 c Fiber One cereal or even eat 1 Fiber One bar and get the same amount of fiber as 2 or 3 pills. So I am back to eating my cereals. I figure I can have oatmeal and Fiber One cereal each day and get most of my fiber. I enjoyed the pics. I agree with Jane your hubby is cute. I also noticed your name Farrar. Is that your maiden name? My DH o 31 years was a Farrar. He passed away almost 8 years ago now.

Jane and Ruth - Sounds like we are all 2 trying to get back on the wagon. I'm trying to stay up here so you two come on up and join me. Maybe we can do it together.

Our regular doctor's office has a weighloss program. I was reading the weightloss doctor's blog this morning. She says if you eat something that is off plan not to sit down and get down over it. Instead get up and do something like wash dishes, do the laundry, etc. I like that idea. So next time we eat something we know we shouldn't have, just do something constructively active to off set it and perhaps that will balance it out. If nothing else, it will help us learn to stop sitting around and beating ourselves up.

Angelia, Pat, SPatty, Marti and anyone else reading this

Have a good day.

Trish
Old 07-28-2008, 01:52 PM   #67  

Jane - Thanks, I think Leo is a cutie too Glad you liked the photos.

Marti - You're halfway there. Sounds like you have one leg up on the wagon, let us help pull you up the rest of the way!

Trish - Farrar is my maiden name, yes. We don't have any family that I know of from SC, or on the east coast actually - my dad's the anomoly. His family originates from Oklahoma. I had a woman on Freecycle email me once because her name is Farrar as well, but I don't think she was connected to me, I think she said her family is from Indiana but they have some family on the east coast. It's funny I always thought Farrar was an unusual last name but then I have people recognize it from time to time.... Your dr's idea about eating off plan foods sounds like a good habit to build. sitting around feeling sorry for yourself never helped anybody.

So I just realized that as of my WI this weekend I officially only have 40-something pounds to lose That sounds much better than when I started, needing to lose 70-something! I think I can do this!
Old 07-28-2008, 03:42 PM   #68  

Jaime - All the Farrar's in my late hubby's family were from TX. I don't remember anyone talking about Oklahoma, but who knows where they originated. Bill's step-mother traced them back to England, but died before she was able to finish it. I think if she had been able to continue she would found that they probably came from France originally. Most people use the French pronunciation which I liked, but we pronounced it like Farah. CONGRATULATIONS having only 40 lbs to lose. You just keep going girl and you'll make it.

Trish
Old 07-28-2008, 03:48 PM   #69  

That is very interesting, Trish - we pronounce it Fuh-rar. I hear the name originates in England, and is one of those occupational surnames - like Smith for blacksmith or Taylor for tailor. A farier was someone who tended to horses, particularly their feet - this is the origin I know of. I admittedly have not done a lot of work into our geneology; I know we have photos of every generation going back to the civil war though. Very interesting stuff
Old 07-28-2008, 11:03 PM   #70  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Jaime, loved the pictures,,,looks very much like my area when you leave the city.

Ive been doing ok,,,eating pretty clean. Been painting,,,small surprise there,,,drinking lots of water. But with the amount of sweating Im doing I need to probably do double the water drinking. Other then I can barely move without whimpering Im ok.

Looks like everyone is doing well,.......
Old 07-29-2008, 01:01 AM   #71  
Good Charlotte fan !!

S/C/G: 184.2/176/135

Height: 5 foor 1 inch.

Wink Hi, new to this board !!

Hello all :

I am new to this board. I posted earlier, had a nice welcoming message from Jane, so came directly to this board.

I would like to be part of this board as not only am I am WW member, currently on points, but would like to move towards Core, but am a natural food eater, and am very interested in food/nutrition and improving and maintaining health.

I am a new vegan, and am getting my feet wet with this new way of eating. I no longer eat anything processed, boxed, or labelled diet. I also got rid of anything white, so no more white rice, potatoes, sugar.

I have diabetes and sleep apnea, and am remaining hopeful that with my new dietary changes and increase of intensity on my treadmill, that not only will I become slimmer but lots healthier, I hope to not live the rest of my life strapped with a mask on my face every nite ( CPAP machine ). Not a lot of fun !!!

Glad to be amongst you all.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:23 AM   #72  

Angelia - Are you painting creatively or do you mean like painting walls and stuff? Good on you for getting in your water

Vickie - I have been playing around with vegan eating lately ("extreme vegetarianism" I guess since I still have stuff like leather shoes and whatnot). I went a week eating that way and have found it hard to turn away from it since then! I mean to continue with that way of eating as I love how healthy everything feels (all the veggies and legumes - yum!) and it gives me an opportunity to explore some really fun recipes. I haven't been strict about it lately though so I've kind of fallen off of it (case in point: turkey sandwich for lunch today). Once we go grocery shopping I'll be able to get back to it. Have you explored theppk.com? I get a lot of great vegan recipes from there and fatfreevegan.com as well (tho I usually add EVOO to their recipes ). Anyhow, welcome!

We are running low on veggies in the house but I don't want to go grocery shopping until after pay day.... so we have to wait a few more days. It's getting tough to find stuff to scrounge up for dinner. I think I can pull together some kind of pasta dish tonight, we have some whole wheat pasta stashed away some place. I don't really care for pasta so this is truly an emergency dish for me

Just found out we are going to a kiddie theme park thing for my niece's birthday this weekend - which means - of course - theme park food I am not sure how I will deal with that unless we are packing our own food - which I don't think we are, frankly. We shall see. thankfully I will get my week's WI over with before the theme park madness so I will have a week ahead of me to flush all the salt out...

I hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 07-29-2008, 12:50 PM   #73  

Height: 5'1"

Any of you have suggestions for an easy, filling, and healthy lunch??

I need idea's. Can only have a salad or oatmeal for lunch for so long before you can no longer stand to look at either! Ok, so I pack better than that, but on days I'm in a rush, that's what it is.

Chat with you all later, need to get to work!
Old 07-29-2008, 02:51 PM   #74  

Hello Ladies,

I am learning that I definitely have to count Flex pts. I wanted to do Core, but I just can't go 100% Core. But I think I still can use some of their rules/ideas on Flex. BTW I am not going to be using a lot of FF foods any more. Although I do believe it is okay to use FF for some such as dairy. I read yesterday at the doctors office that when you make a salad and you put FF dressings on it that you get aabsolutely no benefit from the antioxidants in your salad because there is something about the FF dressing that blocks them. It seems there is something about a little bit of fat on a salad that causes our bodies to absorb the antioxidants. It is recommended that you use EVOO or Canola oil. There is a ChefMd by the name of John La Puma who teaches his patients how to eat healthy to heal the body. I am going to send for his book ChefMD Big Book of Culinary Medicine. He told a woman how to eat to help her arthritis. She came to him using a cane and by the time she returned she walked without it.

Vickie - Glad you are here and welcome to our group. I do a combo of Flex/Core because I like to use the whole foods instead of refined foods. I love Core, but I need Flex to keep me on track. I think you will enjoy it. We look forward to getting to know you.

Jaime - I thought of being a vegan at one time, but I am not willing to give up meat. I used to be a low carber and thought of going back to it, but I read that people who eat balanced meals are healthier. So that is what I am going for. I have nephew and his wife are vegans and I have eaten some wonderful vegan meals when visiting in their home. If you can do it go for it.

Angelia - Still doing that painting exercise hugh? Done't over do it. Take it easy on yourself.

Marti - You might check recipes on WW and see if there is anything you could take with you. I will see if I think of anything that might help you.

Jane, Ruth, Pat and anyone else reading this

Y'all have a good day.

Trish
Old 07-29-2008, 03:04 PM   #75  
Good Charlotte fan !!

S/C/G: 184.2/176/135

Height: 5 foor 1 inch.

Wink

Hello ladies !

Many thanks for the warm welcome, I am glad to be here and very much looking forward to knowing you all.

I am doing flex right now and not really sure how I will make it to Core as I was thinking about all the vegan things I now eat and they are not
Core approved !!! I would have to use all my 35 extra points and probably a lot more to boot in order to eat as I now do and do Core correctly.
EG : I eat almonds, almond rather than soy milk, Wasa Bread or Ryvitas, none of these items are Core. I no longer use anything soy based, so switched over to almond milk, not only is it good, but very very low in calories ( 30 calories for a cup ). I also use rice protein powder with the almond milk to make protein shakes, so alas, that too is not core !!

Not a big problem though, I am not having any problems with the flex plan really.

I have been making these really good low point wraps every day though that make me look forward to meals. I take a whole grain tortilla, add tomatoes, organic beans, one teaspoon of olive oil, basil, some Kalamata olives and a dash of red wine vinegar and wrap it up. Yum !!!!

Have a good day all !!!!

Closed Thread