Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2002, 12:18 PM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Where Is Everyone this Tuesday?

Hello?
Old 03-12-2002, 12:21 PM   #2  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Gee Jess, I was just going to post the same thing. WHERE IS EVERYONE. We seen to have either picked up a lot of lurkers, or lost quite a few. COME OUT AND PLAY!

I am off to the gym now then some errands. Work is nuts, but I haven't been to the gym in over a week, so I deserve it! Now if only my phone would STOP ringing!! I am getting all the dumb calls today that someone else could take!
Old 03-12-2002, 01:17 PM   #3  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Hey Jess and Jen. I haven't posted in a while and when I logged on today I was surprised at the lack of posters Oh well we will just have to be extra chatty. I got on the scale today and am pretty disgusted with myself. I gained back all of what I managed to lose during Nov and Dec in the past 2 months. I walked today and plan to jog tonight but I cannot believe how easy it is to put weight on. I wish it could be as easy to take off but since it is not I have to start kicking butt. I just get motivated in spirts that don't last long. What motivates you all. I have Hawaii coming up in july and you'd think that would be motivation enough but it doesn't get me through the day to day. For instance when I want to binge what could help stop me. ANy suggestions. I know what helped me today was 1) the scale and 2) this wknd my jeans size 10's that I bought when I lost 10 pds were really uncomfortable. I tend to gain in my stomach and I swear there was quite a roll problem going on Sunday Oh well I am trying not to be discouraged but what are suggestions. What keeps all of you loser's motivated? Ok I just realized that I called you losers You know what I mean

Becky
Old 03-12-2002, 04:01 PM   #4  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Hi again!

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only person posting here today. I have WI tonight. I can honestly say that I don't care if I lose or not. I think I probably did, but if I don't, oh well. I'm still a little bit put out with last week's little incident.

On the bright side: Petco offered to reimburse me for the cost of my sick guinea pig. I believe that they sometimes will do it for the cost of the vet bills, but I'm just glad to get the money for the pig back. I kind of consider the vet bills my "good deed".

Well, not much else to post about... I'll respond.

Jen--I know how you feel with crazy work. I'm just glad that things have calmed for me here. Good luck getting through.

Becky--One thing that hugely helps my urges to binge are: 1) Maybe just eat a little bit--for example, today I desperately wanted this chocolate bar in my desk drawer. So I ate half of it. Sometimes I can do less (liek only 2 squares instead of only half). And one time, they have a cake here that I wanted to sample, so I took an entire piece, ate a few bites and threw it in the trash. That's the second thing I do to help my binges: eat a little bit and throw it in the trash as fast as you can. You probably won't dig it out, even though I can't say I haven't been tempted. Instead of tossing it, you may try flushing it down the toilet. That way there's no chance to dig it out. Number three for me is to just take a nap. (This is especially handy on the weekends.)

OK, I'm gonna get back to work. I'll check back again until 5 my time...
Old 03-12-2002, 05:40 PM   #5  
A Yankee in Virginia

Boy, am I a bubblehead. I posted on the Monday thread thinking it was today's. Man. Too much time staring at a computer screen, I guess. So hi, Jen, Becky and Jess! 'Course, you're all probably gone for the day so I'm probably just talking to myself. But that's OK.

REALLY craving something crunch or salty or something like that. Trying to figure out what I could have, although I'll be sitting here at work for hours to come today and I don't know what I can eat. Maybe a salad, although I've gotten tired of the place I usually get salads from downtown. Does that ever happen to anyone? You eat one food too much and then, one day, you just don't want it anymore. I did that with hummus a few years ago, Now, I've apparently done it with the cashew chicken salad from Macado's. And the spring salad. Not many other choices downtown, either, unless you count Indian (two restaurants), Brazilian ($$$$ and not calorie conscious), Italian ... a seafood place, a few nondescript general food type of places.

Man, I'm hungry now.

Sigh.

Well, back to work. I hope more folks are out tomorrow!
Old 03-12-2002, 09:06 PM   #6  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Hi everyone!

Hello! Is anyone out there? there? there? (echo-style)
Well, I went to WI and gained .4# I'm not complaining because I've been sick since Saturday night. We had Chinese Food and it wasnt' very good at all. Ever since, I've been naseaous (sp?) and had diarreah (sorry if TMI) so that always sucks!
We had Quizno's for dinner and I'm wondering if that was a good idea.
JenK: My team to watch is the Oklahoma Sooners. We were ripped off by getting a 2nd seed although we won our conference. Go figure! Who is your team?
Kay: Good luck with everything! On the Evening News, Tom Brokaw did a special on Stay at home Dads. They are growing!
Hi to everyone!
I have to go shave my legs now!
Closed Thread