Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2002, 12:06 AM   #16  
Net browser

Lily thanks for the info about the avatars. Glad you enjoyed your day. I didn't much like Honolulu either. The only times we go there now is to catch our plane to and from Maui. We don't even leave the airport. I think everybody should spend a couple of days there if they are going all the way to Hawaii and see a few of the sights and then head to Maui for the REAL holiday. LOL
A couple of gals from WW go to Honolulu and stay there for their entire holidays and just love it. Of course I don't know if they have ever been to Maui.

Well it's really past my bed time, and Maria said it was Monday afternoon for her. Maui is 4 hours behind us and even that took some working out to know when to call home to my kids. :sheep:
Old 03-11-2002, 12:07 PM   #17  
Fun Blonde

Slavika - I just totally love your joke. The best ones are the ones involving kids and their perceptions of our world. We are glad you are back and rested. Your adventures sound just awesome every year. Do you get tired of going to Hawaii (just realized what I wrote and about had a stroke!--tired of going to Hawaii!!!!) Sorry you came back to a messed up bathroom, but isn't that always the way!

Karen - How long are you going to be gone? Did you say a month? I am again envious of the travel people do anymore, but I know how hard you work. I remember when you "retired" and lo and behold! you are working just as hard as before. When I am ******ed, I plan to play a lot. Hope the baby comes soon.

Ann - how is your hubby? Aren't elastic stockings attractive, but so glad they found the problem early.

Had a neat weekend with kids and our littlest grandson. Next weekend we take care of the others while their Daddy and Shanna move into their new house. Told my husband that next weekend is devoted to kid things, no cleaning or yard or anything like that. I look forward to having them
so much.
Glenda
Old 03-11-2002, 04:56 PM   #18  

Good morning everyone!

It is a magnificent morning here.
Sydney is playing host to a group of New York fire fighters. Yesterday they climbed the bridge and the American flag flew from the top. Something very rare indeed to see another's country flag flying from the Sydney icon. We were able to watch them from our office window, a great sight and to hear on the news last night how much they enjoyed it, was even better.
It is hard to believe that it is already 6 months since the Sept 11 events.
Unfortunately thunderstorms are forecast for late this afternoon.

DH is in Melbourne (India trip is on hold ) and is returning tonight. He is going to have a bit of a surprise, I have had cable TV connected for him and he will be as happy as 'a in s__t' . (is that an American/Canadian saying as well????)
In Sydney there is very little Australian Rules football on TV , they play rugby here, dh really loves the football and I do as well to a lesser extent, so with cable we can still see our football from 'home' and we can also see the cricket from South Africa where Australia is playing at the moment. We were unsure if we were able to have it connected, silly me, everything is possible at a cost
DD and new husband rang last night just to say how much they have missed us and how nice it was to see dh. Nice to receive the call but I was just about nodding off to sleep!

How is the hunt for a 'bone' toilet etc. Slavika ? Hope you are having some success.

Glenda sounds like a busy weekend coming up for you with the grand children.

Will check in later this afternoon if any of the 'night owls' have posted

Cheers
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 03-11-2002 at 05:01 PM.
Old 03-11-2002, 05:14 PM   #19  
Life Time 2001

Maria: I can see how low blood pressure would make you have less energy.
Did you find ways to improve it tho? Yes thats and american says as well! He will be a happy camper! If he is anything like my DH, just give him the remote and let him play. ( I leave the room, drives me nuts.) Never fails he finds something that looks good to me and flips on through! GRRR...

Slavika: I agree Honolulu should be seen. Its is pretty. I just hate all the people. Ive seen it and dont plan on going back Well I cant say that as my DH sister lives there. So If we go back we will have to go over and see her. Wouldnt spend my whole Holiday there. I still would like to visit some of the other Islands to.

Glenda: Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned. Akways fun to have the little ones around. Even better when you dont have to do any yard work I love being outside when its nice but not doing yard work.

Looks like rain again here. ALAS Spring is gone again....
Old 03-11-2002, 10:37 PM   #20  
Member Florida Chick

Thumbs up Booted!

Hi: Had a nice post all written and then zap! Frustrating.

Maria: My DH has low bloodpressure too. It does couse one to have low energy levels. The Dr.s have never done anything special for him, except to say eat lots of salt. And I have to stay off the salt. Oh Well.

Slavika: Sounds like you have quite a project. Hope you found a bone toilet. We had to replace ours, and had to order it special . So, we got one that was higher off the floor, like for handicap people, as my dh is tall and it is very good for him.
Won't you have fun redecorating. :

I don't like driving in cities either. We had one horror story when we still had our Motor Home. Made a wrong turn and ended up haaving to across the George Washington Bridge, in NYcity.No way to turn around. We wanted to go to New Jersey. About 3 levels of traffic, and bumper to bumper, and us pulling a car to boot.

Glenda: Grandkids can be fun. I'm sorry ours are so far away. Now and then : I like the babies. You can hold and rock, not have to run around. Wouldn't say I'm lazy would you?

Peggy: How is the testing going?

Karen: Hope you enjoy your trip.

Hi to everyone else. Ann

Last edited by Lizziepie; 03-11-2002 at 10:39 PM.
Old 03-11-2002, 11:23 PM   #21  

It is 3.30 Tuesday afternoon. It has been a very quite day. I had a walk around the harbour at lunch time, lovely weather so it was very pleasant.

Ann interesting your dh has low blood pressure as well. I cannot find anywhere on the net what to do to increase it other than eat lots of fibre, green veggies etc.etc.
I do eat very healthily, (never used to ) we eat lots of fruit and vegetables but little meat. DD said last night that maybe I should increase my meat intake
She is studying nursing and psychology and when I told her my blood pressure figures, she was quite surprised how low it was. She is going to try to find out if there is something one can do to increase it.

Lily Remote control is NOT used when I am around, I absolutely hate it and like you, just as I see something of interest the channel gets flicked again, so children and husband know to minimise any changing of channels. I am tough aren't I, but I just cannot abide it .

No-one has rung so I am assuming the installation of the cable tv went smoothly

See ya tomorrow
Cheers
Maria
Old 03-12-2002, 04:21 AM   #22  

Default We Have a Girl

Just a quick check in. Amber Lynn was born yesterday at 5:05PM. She weighed in at 7 lbs. 2 oz. 19 1/2 inches long. Grandma is very happy it's a girl. Mother and Daughter are doing fine.

Ann hows the Hubby? We are leaving Saturday for Florida . We will only be there for a week this year. That way maybe the both of us can stay well. We go to to Jacksonville because that is where DH sister lives. We don't stay at her house( I would Killl her she is to negative) but we will spend a lot of time with her. We are also going to do some checking on places to live when DH retire in August 2004 . Any suggestions?

Go to go back to bed
Karen
Old 03-12-2002, 10:21 AM   #23  
Net browser

Default ....happy news

Karen Congrats to all of you for the safe and happy arrival of little Amber Lynn.
I'm happy that Mother and daughter are doing fine. Another sweet little grandbaby to love and cuddle. Lucky you.
Old 03-12-2002, 10:58 AM   #24  
Fun Blonde

Karen - Congratulations! Amber is such a pretty name. You know I am a bit envious of the girl part. If we ever have one of those, she will live in ruffles that look like they have been dipped in Pepto Bismol. Enjoy the rocking. And so glad everything went well.

Slavika - how is the "bone" search progressing?

Maria - Your description of the fire fighters yesterday and the US flag raised in your country was touching. I could barely read any of the news accounts of the 6-month anniversary. Just seems like it has been longer--so much has happened since then. And from what I understand, I know a few people with low blood pressure and doctors always congratulate them. Usually as we age the BP just goes up and that does cause lots of problems.

Lily - do you have any plans for Hawaii this year?

I am so ready for spring. I had cut daffodils on my desk last week. When they opened, they were so beautiful - this is a fundraiser for American Cancer Society here. I realize every March how ready I am to see color again. So tired of brown. Have a good day!
Glenda
Old 03-12-2002, 12:13 PM   #25  
Life Time 2001

Ann: Thats interesting that low blood pressure means you have to eat more salt. Never heard of that. Wonder what the salt does? Your driving story doesnt sound like fun. Think we have all done things like that. I know we have!

Maria: Hope you can find out what to do. I dont have low blood pressure but I find this discussion interesting. I agree about the remote. Guess I need to get tougher. I just get up and leave

Karen: Yeah!!!!! A baby girl! Love the name. Bet your one proud Gramdma and I bet she is beautiful. Congrats!

Glenda: No we dont have any plans this year. We never decide until the summer time as we always go somewhere in Sept. We have talked alot of things so I dont know what we will end up doing this year.

Slavika: Hows is the decorating going?

Have a good day! Best get busy.
Old 03-12-2002, 05:16 PM   #26  

A new grand daughter calls for a new thread, see you there.

Cheers
Maria
Closed Thread