Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2002, 11:00 AM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Default Thursday Chatters

Hi All,
Our other thread was getting too long and time-consuming to load.

How is everyone doing OP? For anyone new to the board, this group is great! We'd love for you to drop in and tell us about your trip to a healthier body.

As I mentioned on the Weigh In thread, our car is going back into the shop. Grrr....... I can't take it too far from home today -- that means no going to WW to weigh.
Last night, I was sooooo disgusted about the car. I had cooked supper but Larry had to work until almost 7:00. We decided we both needed some Chinese food. After coming home, I was so thirsty and had my first Diet Coke of the day. Now this morning, I have gained a pound of water retention.
I'm getting ready to get on the exercycle and ride.

Where is all the group this week? Not everyone has been heard from this week. ?????

Tina
140 personal goal
Old 01-24-2002, 09:24 PM   #2  

HOORAY!!!! I was able to post on the weigh-in thread and on this one.

Things have been hectic at school this week. The interpreter for my room has been out all week. She has had oodles of tests run and they can't figure out what is wrong with her. They have ruled out an ovarian cyst so far, but she is in such pain I wish they'd find something!

We have another teacher who is in the hospital with bronchial asthma, and another teacher who has been out all week and almost in the hospital.

I don't even want to go to school! I don't want to be sick (as I sit here listening to my son coughing in the other room).

Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday.

Tina, I hate to have car trouble. I don't think there's anything that is as frustrating. Tonight a bunch of us were in the parking lot at school trying to change a tire on one of the teacher's cars. Oh my. Funniest home videos should have been there!!
Old 01-24-2002, 11:15 PM   #3  
Thursday Team

Yea Friday is nearly here, just have to go to sleep and then wake up and its PayDay!! I must have been doing better OP then I thought, or got in more excercise then expected cause I lost weight this week! WOOHOO!!

Sounds like you had a rough day Tina with your car troubles and stuff...but dinner sounded yummy. I love chinese rice, but doesnt chinese food cause water retention too? I dont eat it that often. You did great with not drinking alot of soda, that one should be out of your system by morning. Have fun on the excercycle

Tammy, hope you stay healthy, and your son doesnt get too sick. It's not much fun having sick children, no matter how old they are. LOL about your tire changing experience. Seems the video cameras are never around when we need them are they?

How is everyone else doing? Hope your weekends go great.
Dee
Old 01-25-2002, 09:46 AM   #4  
Thursday Lady

Dee------my sentiments exactly-----Friday is here!
Although we don't get a paycheck today, we have a whole weekend to goof off.

If y'all haven't read the "weigh-in results" thread, Sis said that her mother had been in an accident but was doing better. Let's all keep her in our thoughts. That is so scarey!

Any big plans for the weekend? None here.

Hope everyone stays well and warm.
I wonder where Susan has been???????????

Have a great Friday.

Tina
140 personal goal
Old 01-25-2002, 11:27 AM   #5  
In puppy hell

Hey pals,

Well, I was up .6 this week and although I know I wasn't great on the weekend I was MUCH better than I usually am... oh well, suck it up and hope it's made up for this week. I am doing well on program and am journalling as well.

I have to run - in meetings all day but wanted to check in and say hello!

Addey
Old 01-25-2002, 10:11 PM   #6  
Susan

Hi guys!!

I have no real reason for not being here lately. However, just didn't get any notices of postings so I didn't get on. Make any sense?

The last 2 weeks have been extremely busy. Last weekend went to see my brother! He is getting married in the fall. What a surprise!!

I've had a migraine for 2 days and am not making much sense!! Think it fried some of my brain cells.

Hope everyone is doing well. I have to go back and read the post so I can catch up. I've missed everyone!!

Susan
Old 01-25-2002, 10:14 PM   #7  
Thursday Lady

Welcome back, Susan.
I had the same problem last week in that I didn't get any notices that there were posts. I just looked and there they were!!!

Hope your migrane gets better. I've never had those.

Tina
Old 01-25-2002, 10:20 PM   #8  
Susan

Hi Tina,

How was your trip to San Antonio? Did you eat at The Barn Door? I think next time I go, I'm going to buy some of the dressing!! I just love it.

My headache is on the way out but still feel gross I get them around TOM or the week after. I've only gotten them about the last 2-3 years. I always thought they were sinus headaches. Now I know what they are because they make me sick. Of course I still go to work and am a zombie.

Susan
Old 01-25-2002, 10:29 PM   #9  
Thursday Lady

San Antonio was great! I can't believe that it's been a whole week since we were there. We got there during the "Mud Festival" They were going to crown the Mud king & queen that Sunday. We ate at Casa Rio and Barn Door. I had the little filet and it was soooo good.
Do your parents live on that side of town? We stayed at the Fairfield Inn near the airport.

So sorry about that migrane. I've been putting up with a pinched nerve for a few days. Advil seems to help.

Take it easy this weekend.
Old 01-25-2002, 10:33 PM   #10  
Susan

Tina,
Sounds like ya'll had a blast there. Mom and Dad like off of 1604 and 281. If you took the road (highway) that runs north on the side of the airport out about 5 or 6 miles..... it is just a little east of that. If that makes any sense?

sorry about your pinched nerve. I've never had one but hear they make you feel miserable.

Have a great weekend too.
Susan
Old 01-25-2002, 10:42 PM   #11  
Thursday Lady

Susan, is that the highway (281) that goes to Johnson City? If so, we went up it last Sunday.

Hope you have a good weekend.

Tina
Old 01-27-2002, 03:11 PM   #12  
In puppy hell

Afternoon ladies!

Hope everyone is doing well. My weekend has been great actually. I discovered, as I told you last that WW chili for 1 pt per cup and now I've discovered couscous.. I boil it up in about 4 minutes with fat free chicken broth, put 1/2 cup of it in the chili and man is that a FILLING lunch for 3 points.

I worked out last night to the FIRM but didn't like it too much - too much running and jumping... then today I did 45 minutes of Reebok step aerobics (my favourite tapes).. munched on some popcorn as a snack, having a diet coke (Tina) right now.

I honestly don't know which is harder- quitting smoking or dieting.. I have had the odd slip for both but am sticking to it. I'm hoping for a decent loss (like 1) this week... am dying to get below the 170s.

Sis, how's your mom?

Susan, I'm so glad I am not plagued by headaches of any kind except when I'm sick or hungover.. I couldn't imagine a migraine.

well pals, that's all for now.. take care
Addey
Old 01-27-2002, 07:57 PM   #13  
Susan

Hi,

Tina, Highway 281 is that road. You were very close to where mom and dad live. I love Johnson City!

Addey, I only get migraines around TOM. I always think it is a sinus headach until it just won't go away. I feel much better today! Thanks

It was beautiful up here today. I got out and trimmed some of my plants and pulled weeds. I did that so I wouldn't go to sleep. It was a late night with Pat's band. They were really good, but I was wiped out.

I hope to have a better week and lose something. Hope everyone has a super week.

Susan
Old 01-27-2002, 11:29 PM   #14  
Thursday Lady

Are we ready for a new week? Sure we are!

Addey, I've been wondering how you were doing not smoking. However, I wasn't going to mention it---didn't want to put a curse on it. It sounds like you are finding the perfect foods to fill you up. (I had 2 diet colas today )

Has anyone heard of the diet that Special K has? You eat cereal and 2/3 c. of skim milk for two of your meals each day. The third meal can be anything. Two snacks can be fruit and veggies. It says you will lose 6 pounds in 2 weeks. I cannot imagine eating cereal and milk twice a day.

Susan, we like Johnson City. This time we went on over to Stonewall to the ranch. We'd never been. We drove where we could see it on the other side of the river. Talk about history in our backyard!

I blew it today but am looking forward to a new start tomorrow.

Tina
140 personal goal
Old 01-28-2002, 09:33 PM   #15  

Hi all!

I feel crampy. I feel like my period is going to start, but I already had one this month (11th-15th). Do you think this could be an age thing? I hate to admit that I'm getting older.

It has been in the 50's and 60's here for a few days. It is supposed to be nice all week, then get cold and some snow on Friday. Guess what day that I have recess duty? Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I think we're going to have to break down and take Tim to the doctor. He is still coughing, and I think it is getting worse. He isn't running a temperature though. It seems like once he gets to sleep at night, the coughing goes away. Starts right off in the morning though.

Susan, I was starting to get a migraine this afternoon at school. Usually if I take an Aleve or some other kind of pill when I realize it, it will slack off. When I start seeing sparkly things around my eyes, I go for the medicine.

I can't believe that January is almost over! The principal is coming in to observe me in the morning. I hate that. I always get nervous. I know that I'm doing a good job, but I still get nervous.
Closed Thread