Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2002, 09:22 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Default Early Monday

Hi Y'all,

I am working on a mock real estate file right now in my real estate applications class. I get to do all this cool stuff this semester. I get to learn all about divorce-mate software and all this other fuzzy wuzzy stuff.

I am out of my funk, I am feeling motivated hyper and happy, which is normal for me so I am happy. My roomate and I cleaned this weekend and I hung out with a friend of mine all weekend on top of working.

Trish:say hi to Alexander for me

Take Care Y'all!

Ali
Old 01-21-2002, 09:34 AM   #2  
Parrothead

Default Hello everyone!

Hi all! I know its been super long since I have posted! I am still unemployed, but I think things are turing around so something should come up soon. I basically fill my time looking for jobs, getting the apartment in order, shopping, reading, working out, and whatever else I need to do. It isn't so bad, but I hope I find something soon. My DH and I have come to the realization that we will have to live in an apartment longer than we wanted but I guess that is part of life. I suppose the good thing about my situation is that I have learned how to slow down and appreciate all of the good things in my life.

So how are things here? I haven't been able to catch up on all the posts I missed. I did see that Trish had the baby, so Congrats Trish! He was born the day before my birthday (I'm the 27th)!

On the WW front, I am still Journaling and working out but I think I have gained a little. I plan on going back this week to check in and renew my lifetime membership (I haven't been in a couple of months). I want to go ahead and train to be a receptionist once my unemployment runs out.

Well, I need to get off of the phone line in case someone is trying to call. I promise I won't stray too long again!
Kay
Old 01-21-2002, 10:30 AM   #3  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Wow - no posts over the weekend. Where is everyone?????

Hey Ali - great to hear you're totally motivated again and out of your slump. Way to go!

Hi Kay - good luck with the job search! !

This weekend was good. I went to a party and didn't drink or eat a thing. I brought a 2-liter of diet coke and drank it all night. I always eat at parties. I'm so bad about that. Especially when there are chips and dip and mini-quesedilla's - but I didn't eat a thing!!!!! Not even one chip.

I did have cake on Friday, but managed to only go over by 3 points (but I banked at least 10 this week anyway). I went to the gym 4 times this week and tonight will make 5. But the sad thing is, I know I've done super and should at least lose a pound, but I don't get to weigh in for 2 more Tuesdays because tomorrow I'm out of the office and next Tuesday I'm away on business. Agh! I hate not weighing in because I tend to slip because I think "I have time to make up for this third slice of pizza." etc. I'll weigh on my roommates scale, but I have no idea how close it will be to WW's scale.

Hope everyone has a nice Monday!!!!

Lisa
Old 01-21-2002, 10:36 AM   #4  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Good Morning!

I really am thankful for Martin Luther King, Jr!! Either that, or there are definitely perks of working for a bank.
I'm at home right now, but I have to pick up my doggie from the vet. It was kindof scary in a "i'm an overprotective mommy" sort of way.
I'll return and post everything. Right now, I have to jump in the shower so I can save my puppy from jail.
Have a great day!
Old 01-21-2002, 11:38 AM   #5  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default I hate Mondays...

I hate Mondays, and today just didn't start out right. I overslept, my glasses broke (so I had to finagle in my contacts which is no small feat), I forgot my purse at home (then couldn't find it when I went back), got stuck behind every moron on the road on the way here. Ya know how it is?

My weekend was pretty darn good. I didn't do much on Friday, but on Saturday, my non-boyfriend became my boyfriend again (it would take a lot of explaining to make that make sense). Yay!! I'm so happy to have him back.

I also managed to stay withing my points range all weekend. Yay!!

I wanted to tell everyone thanks for all the tips on Friday. I had a few questions/comments:

Jen--the high fiber bread with a slice of low-fat cheese was a huge help over the weekend!

Lisa--What brand of bread do you get that's one point for two slices? I have some that's a point a slice that I rarely eat, but if it was a point for 2 slices, I'd eat a lot more. What size of can of chicken do you get for your BBQ chicken? It sounds really, really, really good, especially since that's the sort of thing I crave from time time. Do you heat it? And maybe this is a stupid question, but where do you get crushed red pepper? Is it a spice or do you literally crush a red pepper? (I'm sorry, this cooking thing is still sort of a mystery to me).

Trish--You mentioned adding really high fiber or real fat to keep me more full/satisfied. What sort of things would I add to do that?

Thanks, guys, so much for all of your help. You're the best!!
Old 01-21-2002, 12:42 PM   #6  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Jess,

Congrat on staying on-program all weekend. Awesome.

Country Kitchen Bread makes awesome light bread - 2 slices for 1 point. 2 slices are 80 calories and have 5 g. of fiber. They make an italian light that's wider and a light white and a light wheat. They also make an awesome light raison bread, but it's only one slice for 1 point.

BUT - if you can't find Country Kitchen - both grocery store's that I go to make their gereneric light bread, that is also 1 point for 2 slices. The store brand light breads tend to be 2 slices for one point. But double check the label.

I literally spent a half hour in the bread isle one time searching for bread that was 2 for one point. Arnold's also makes a light bread, 2 slices for a point, but I like Country Kitchen better.

I don't remember the size of the canned chicken. Pick up a 99% fat free canned white chicken meat. Their servings are usually 60 cal and it usally comes out to 1 or 2 points. Just check the label with your poitns finder. You can heat it up or not... I usually toast my bread and heat the chicken, but it's good either way.

And yes, the red pepper is like the red pepper that you see at pizza places... it's in the spice isle.

Another AWESOME low-point yummy thing I do - pita bread pizza's. I make a couple different pizza's from 6-7 points. I make a BBQ chicken pizza - take a pita, spread BBQ sauce over it, some short-cuts chicken (in the deli meat section), some onions, cilantro, crushed red pepper and then some light or non fat cheese over it. OR - if yuo can find hormel turkey pepperoni - you can spread spaghetti sauce over the pizza, some chopped up green or red peppers, turkey pepperoni and cheese. The secret to keeping the cheese to a minimum is to put it on last. Just use enought cheese to keep the toppings on the pizza. Think of it as a glue to keep the toppings on and use it sparingly over the tops of your toppings. I used to put the cheese on first thing after the sauce, and you tend to use a lot more. Measure out the 1/4 cup and only use that. Just check the serving size of the pita (because sometimes a serving is half a pita). The pita will come out to either 2-3 points. I usually pre-heat the over at 450 while I'm preparing the pizza and then stick it in until the cheese is melted (about 5-8 minutes). Cooking it in the oven makes the crust crsipy. But in a rush I'll use the microwave and get a softer crust.

These two meals save me. I'll have pita pizzas 2-3 nights of the week. You can play around with sauses and toppings so it doesn't get boring. (try a teryaki sauce and use chicken, carrots, onions as toppings). Also Subway sandwhiches are my other savior.

Hope these ideas help.

Lisa

Last edited by tilley; 01-21-2002 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-21-2002, 01:42 PM   #7  
Bono Fanatic!

Hi all!
Is it Monday again?! Today is my niece's 3rd birthday and I just keep thinking how fast she is growing up. I can't even imagine how I would feel if she was my own!

Ali - Glad to hear you are out of your funk! It sounds like you took the normal time to recover when ending a relationship and are now moving forward! Good for you!

Kay - Good to hear from you. Continued good luck on the job search!!

Lisa - It really sounds like you are in a zone - working out a ton, eating within your points... keep doing what you are doing and I'm sure you will have great results when you finally make it to weigh-in!

Jess - Congrats on the boyfriend front - you sound really happy! I'm glad everyone's suggestions have been helping you. Keep asking for ideas when you are having trouble - that is what we are here for!

Trish - What a disappointing Bears game, although I would have loved to see Alex in his little Bears outfit!! Hope he had fun watching the game with Daddy! I went to an open house at Chicago-Kent law school on Saturday. It was very informative, although not good to hear that they get over 3,000 applications and only accept 200 into their day program and 100 into the evening program (which is what I want so I can keep working) Oh well. I have applied and it is out of my hands now.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-21-2002, 03:33 PM   #8  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

HI all, I am back from Chocolate land. Didn't eat much chocolate, but brought a ton back!

I skimmed the posts but still catching up. Congrats to all the losers!!

Kim... I don't like the Sportage, too tinny and uncomfortable for me. You get what you pay for I guess. I am not a fan of any of the Kia's and have talked to a bunch of other people that say they are quite thin. Just wanted to let you know.

Jen.. the Packers lost also.... very disappointing and embarrassing. Although, I was on a plane for most of the game, so I only say the "after the fact" highlights, or lowlights!! I was eating dinner in a sports bar tho and saw some of the Bears game.

I am still trying to catch up at work. More later. I am going to check out the WW e-tools one of these days, so if anyone has any good or bads about it, let me know.
Old 01-21-2002, 03:45 PM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Just peekin in for a second before i get kicked out of the puter lab
all is well in dubberland and i havent really been OP at all but i was better today its the whole oh your home lets gorge ourselves silly scenario but every day i get a bit better!
anywho mydears I will pop back earlier (i hope tommorrow and give a real post)
Love
Kier
Old 01-21-2002, 04:51 PM   #10  

Default im new!!!!

Hi all,

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I'm new here. I just joined weight watchers last week and my first weigh in is tonight. I didnt really start until saturday, so im not expecting a big loss, if any. I had done weight watchers in the past and have lost about 20 pounds and Ive kept it off. I just want to get rid of the last 10-15.

Talk to everyone later!!

~jnini
Old 01-21-2002, 05:21 PM   #11  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hi Guys! Just a quick post - it's late here (ok, 10pm) and I'm about ready for bed ... found the world's best low point snack today - crab sticks!!!! (aka seafood sticks) - 2 for .5. I used to love them when I was little and haven't had them for years. I guess I made up for it tonight ...

Welcome jnini - come and post lots!

Kier - guess what? I will be in Ireland (Cork) in April, so maybe I can pass through Dublin on the way there or back - will give you a shout once I find out about trains ...

Jen - welcome back! Chocolate ... mm ... went to Cadbury World last year and BOY! was it good

Ali - divorce mate software? Like, do-it-yourself divorce? Scary. Glad you're feeling on top of things again

Kay - welcome back as well! Sounds like you're enjoying being a lady of leisure, but I've got everything crossed for you on the job front.

Lisa - way to go on the party!

Stacey - did you get your baby out of jail ok? Ours (hamster-baby) has just gone back to bed after bombing her way around the flat in her plastic ball for the last half an hour. She loves it!

Jess - Monday, ICK! But YAY! on staying OP all weekend ... at the moment I'm taking it 1 day at a time and today has been GOOD (even with the crabsticks...) ... weekends are always tricky though.

Jen K - that's a 1 in 10 chance, right? How long till you find out? I sympathise - I'm currently applying for research fellowships (postdocs) in Oxford and they're about as competitive (on a smaller scale). I just send off the applications and forget about them ...

Ok, time for bed (I want to read a chapter of my book before I drop off!),

hugs,
Lxxx
Old 01-21-2002, 06:55 PM   #12  
Canadian Chick

Default WELCOME JNINI!

Hello Crew!

How is everyone? I had a pretty good weekend. Both DF & I had it off-a rare occurrence. We had a bunch of people over on Saturday to help celebrate my b-day last week. FUN! On Friday we went with friends to see Riding In Cars With Boys. Its pretty good but sort of different. I wish they would have had a little more age difference b/t her and the grown up version of her son (Adam Garcia-yum!). Saturday afternoon we went to a matinee and watched Black Hawk Down. It was ok too but not that great really. Lots and lots of gore and violence. The preview made it look like it was about heroism but basically it was about a huge screw up. They don't really get into depth with the characters and I think that might've made it better. We both found it to be really long too. Anyway now I'm done being movie critic! I was so far off the program last week but I was ok about it. I gained one pound but I thought that was pretty good with all the birthday extras I had! Definitely back OP today. I already had supper and I still need to eat some more to hit my minimum Sounds like all of you are doing excellent. I'm still battling with sleep -well not sleeping I guess is more like it. I hope my dr. can help me out when I go see her in ten days. Guess what! Today its REALLY REALLY cold here! Its -40C with the windchill. Without the wind its about -25C. BRRR! Oh well that Saskatchewan for you

Welcome jnini! Jump right in! This is a great place! Tell us a little about yourself when you get the chance-we'd love to get to know you! Hope your WI goes great tonight!

Belle, how are you feeling? I hope you get better soon. Seems like you've been under the weather for quite some time now. Take care girl. (BTW I did have my bday entered I think maybe they just don't do the icon anymore?)

Trish your baby looks so sweet! Thanks for sharing that site with us. I had to look at as many babies as I had time for cuz they are all so precious! Post us an updated picture if you have one.

Jess, my Monday started out as bad as yours. I really had to push myself to not call in sick this morning. But I went and muddled through. I hope the rest of your day went better than the start

Ali, good report from your trainer! Good for you. It won't take you long to bulk up b/c you seem so motivated.

Hi Kay! Great to hear from you. Sorry to hear there's no change on the job front. Hopefully soon We're in the same boat with the apartment thing. I dream of a house but it'll be awhile yet-probably years. Oh well.

Lisa, great job with your self-control! We had a party this weekend and while I din't drink I consumed alot of junk. Next time I'll use you as an inspiration! If you can do it so can the rest of us right? Thanks for sharing all your great food ideas! They sounds yummy! With the pizzas you can also use vegetarian deli meats. We usually get the Yves brand and they taste like the real thing but are tons less points.

JenK, let us know if you get accepted. Do you have to wait a long time before you'll know? We're rooting for you!

JenL, great job on your will power to survive chocolate land without gorging! Hope you had a great time

Hi Kier, how was your trip back? Uneventful hopefully. Good luck with getting back OP.

Lolly, what are crab sticks? Are they breaded like fish sticks? How do you cook them? They sound interesting. Hard to believe you're heading to bed and I just got home from work an hour ago. What book are reading now? Is it any good? I'm an avid reader myself.

Hi to everyone else who is out there! Hope you all had great weekends! If I have time I'll be back tomorrow

-Rina
Closed Thread