Old 09-27-2007, 08:10 PM   #46  
burned out bus driver

Great to hear from you Kerry. Sorry about the # gain, which I know you know is nothing. Could be water or just not getting a workout in for a few days. No matter what, it will come off.... I hope you have a great trip visiting your family. A change in scenery will be wonderful for you. Hope you do get a chance to see your bf's baby...how old is he/she? Get your rest and have a great weekend. Let us know how your visit went!

Another busy day......taught computer this am, then to some errands and a WW meeting. I was down a #, which I am ecstatic about. Now just gotta stay focused and keep plugging. My course is 2 Friday/Saturday combinations, I think Nov 6/7 and 13/14. (not near a calendar.....it is the two weeks before Thanksgiving.) And it involves an overnight each time, being that we are about 2 hours from Albany, where the course is given.
I have a scholarship for the tuition, plus a small allowance for the cost of the room- it won't cover all my expenses, but most of them. I am not looking foward to messy house and the inevitable chaos I will face when I return, but am looking foward to the overnite and just a change of pace. I hear the course is pretty good, and the company usually pretty lively. It will be kind of neat meeting others from all over the state who are also going for their "19A" (state inspector certification).
I am pooped. I did write a note (rather long) to Dd's teacher begging for a timetable instead of last minute notice for the project.....she embraced it as a novel concept, but agreed it was a good idea. Pfew!
Ok I am pooped........said it again. Better go take my tired self upstairs and see what Dd and Dh are up to.
Hi to Summerrr and Ms Mermaid.......
G
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:38 PM   #47  
KAR

Evening Ladies,
Ginger congrats on the pound loss. Way to go! I hear you on the change of scency. I am looking so forward to going home to visit my family and just getting away for a few days. My kids at school are driving me over the edge. My bf's baby is 8 1/2 months old now. He is just a wonderful little baby boy. Not that I will spoil him or anything. I just might go to the store up there and buy him a little toy. So hope your evening was a good one. Any big plans for the weekend?
Miss Mermaid how are things in the South? Hope all is going well with Dh and the boys. Are you still running fifty million directions with your head spinning? Miss chatting with you. Needed your witty sense of humor to prevail in my misery at school today. Tell later in post.
Jill how are things with you? How did principal handle the tution issue? Hope that was a smooth transition and not a chaocs one. So how is band for dd? What is she playing again? Sounds like your director is a little unsure of himself. Hope all is going well.
Well here is my tale for today. One of my foster care student's disappeared at lunch time. He never came back to my classroom. So I called the office to ask if they had him in there or had seen him. They said no. So we go hunting for him. No wear to be found in the building. The sheriff asked me to give a description of what he looks like and was wearing today. So he called it in to the sheriff's office and here they found the kid 3 or 4 miles from the school on the busy highway that goes in front of the school. I was so scared and worried. So you can believe that I am going to crank down on my kids where abouts at all times a lot harder. I was upset the rest of the day. So I am hoping that I can sleep good tonight. I did come home and sort/bag my Avon orders. So now I am working on the laundry. I am really thinking about just packing my suitcase tomorrow afterschool and then leaving for my parents. That way I can go to bed early tonight. Well I will chat with you all later.
Have a great Friday!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 06:58 PM   #48  
burned out bus driver

Just a short hello. Gee, Kerry, what a scary thing, having a kid escape from school like that. I can't imagine what might have been going through your head, and how miserable you must have felt. Thank goodness he is ok- how did he get out/away? Hope your weekend goes well- and that you can relax after a very stressful day. Enjoy visiting the baby!

Survived today......Atilla came for a visit this weekend. Ugh. The way his mood is - for the moment, I would rather drive cranky kids around!
Summer, and Mermaid- hope you two made it through the week ok.
Sorry I am such a burnout.
G
Old 10-01-2007, 07:42 PM   #49  
burned out bus driver

I am getting a darned cold. Mr NYC is back......thank goodness next weekend is a 3 day weekend.......Hope everyone is doing well.
G
Old 10-01-2007, 09:01 PM   #50  
KAR

Hi,
Enjoyed my visit very well. Loved spoiling the baby. He was Mr.Cranky pants though. Didn't get his nap for the morning before he saw me. The neighbor decided to fire up the chainsaw and woke him up. As for my student getting out, he walked right out the back door of the school snuck around the side and stole a bike from the house next to the school. Then he started to ride it along the highway. He didn't come to school today, so I guess he is moved to a different foster care home. Atleast I didn't have to be on full alert with him around.
Sorry to hear that you are getting a cold Ginger. Hope it is not a nasty one and doesn't stay around long. Our kids get a three day weekend next week but we have a professional development meeting scheduled for that day. Oh well.
Mermaid and Summer hope all is going well with you.
Off to read and watch a little tv before going to bed. Chat with you later.
Kerry
Old 10-03-2007, 11:16 AM   #51  
burned out bus driver

Kerry- glad you made it back and enjoyed the visit. I was wondering how it went for you. Foster care kids can sure be tough. I have 2 on my route- one is a sweetie, the other an ok kid who can be a real handful. Bless those who can handle foster care.......takes a really, really big heart.

THis week stinks. My eating is horrible, lots of emotional issues. Atilla has been very very present.

No meeting this week, just too much to do.
Gotta scoot..........Hi to Ms Mermaid and Ms Summerrr.
G
Old 10-03-2007, 02:39 PM   #52  
KAR

Hi Ginger I went to TOPS last night. I gained 3.5 pounds. But I really didn't watch what I was eating. I sure did enjoy it. But now I regret doing it. I am looking forward to eating better this week. I started today to watch my eating better. Hope that I can drop some weight by my next TOPS meeting.
I can relate to your emotional eating. I did that last night and am going to try really hard not to fall into the trap again.
Hope your week gets better.
Hi to Miss Mermaid and Summer. Hope things are going great for you both.
Chat with you later.
Kerry
Old 10-05-2007, 10:22 AM   #53  
burned out bus driver

Hi Kerry- sorry that you had a less than great WI. Are you ok, under more stress than normal? Lets try to inspire each other to beat the ugly stress monster....I am going to promise you that tonite I WILL NOT stress eat......gotta break this miserable habit. Hope you have a good weekend.

Ms Summerrrr.........did someone mention you had a birthday today!!!!!! Happy Birthday, dear friend!!!!!!!!!

Ms Mermaid.......miss your sweet self, and your wacky wit. Hope you can join us with your classic humor soon.

Happy Friday all.
Ginger
Old 10-06-2007, 03:03 PM   #54  
KAR

Happy Birthday Miss Summer!! I hope that you had a great birthday.
Miss Mermaid miss chatting with your witty self. Hope all is going well for you.
Miss Ginger I did good not stress eating last night. We went out with a good friend of ours and his girlfriend. It was nice to go out with another couple for a change and not just single friends. Today I have been good too. Did go to a birthday party and had a small piece of cake and a small scoop of ice cream.
Yes I have been under a lot of stress here lately. I have 9 kids in my room and trying to get stuff done with them is nearly impossible. They just like to talk a lot and need the constant praise and attention. But I refuse to bring a lot of stuff home since I stay four nights and do the afterschool program until 6. Oh well I need to just let it roll off my back more and not open my mouth and excerise my arms and jaw muslces. LOL
Well I am off to take a nap. Then it is off to the demo. derby this evening. My nephew is in it. SO that is why we are going.
Chat with you later.
Kerry
Old 10-06-2007, 05:23 PM   #55  

I've been so neglectful of all of you. I do apologize for not being the supportive friend that I signed on to be. I have allowed it all to get to me. I am working the after-school program M-Th and after helping DD with homework (4th grade is tough!!!), throwing together something for dinner, and doing the bedtime routine with DD, I'm snoring on the couch around 8:30pm every night. I'm excited if I can cook a healthy meal and get some dishes done...that's a good night. Unfortunately, many nights I do the minimum and fall into bed early. I am amazed that I've been going to choir practice on Thursday nights...some kind of miracle. This is why I need summer. The school year is too busy, and my 43 year-old body is too tired. Add some stress (not as intense as last year, but still there) and I'm not gonna get here at 3FC on a daily basis. Expect to see me here when I'm having a good day, but realistically, it is more likely that I will be checking in on the weekends. I assume that is why Mermaid hasn't been around either. I surely hope that she is okay.

Yesterday, I got home at 3:30 (I don't do after-school on Fri.). I showered off the school grunge, and got dressed up for my date with DH. We went to my favorite Italian restaurant. I had wine, bread (yes, bread with butter), and linguini with red clam sauce...lots of huge clams! We then went to see "The Bourne Ultimatum." It was a thrill to see an R-rated movie since all I normally see is PG movies.

Today I was hoping...trying...to rest. Naaah, wasn't gonna happen. I did everything DH and DD needed me to do. I dropped DD off at a birthday party and escaped to do an errand. I slipped away to the mall looking for some time to myself. There was nothing I wanted (or could afford) to buy. Finally I found some very nice slippers, but the saleslady was a lunatic who wouldn't shut up about the sales, donations, credit lines, and her customer service survey. Being third in line, I heard her schpiel twice before she got to me. She began her tirade when I interrupted (I had to or my head would have exploded) and stated that all I wanted was to pay for my slippers and leave. She tried to push me, took one look at my perimenopausal face, and thought better of it. I found my way to the newly renovated Lord & Taylor bathroom/lounge, shut the stall door, and just sat there. I had a mini meltdown, felt better, and sat for a bit on the off-white leather couch in the lounge to breathe deeply. When I felt semi-human again, I called DH on my cell to check in. He was at home hoping for an "afternoon delight." Apparently I had promised him one last night, so I had to rush home for that before I had to pick up DD from her party. A woman's work is never done.
Summerrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 12:43 AM   #56  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Default she lives! :)

Hey! Ho! Where the heck did the Mermaid go?! You girls are so very kind to speak nicely about me and act like you miss me!

Girls, I am about worn O-U-T! (Or "wore out" as they say in the south!) Being a momma of 2 busy guys and being the teacher of 15 busy kiddos is just about to do me in! Whine whine whine.... I'm so sorry that I am such a dreadful friend right now. Please know that I think of you all so often....and yet I don't have the required umphfffff to get my message on here! I have huge black bags under my eyes, my gray hair is just shining plain old silver! (I stopped coloring it as I had no time nor funds to keep it up. Someday I will get used to looking at my mom in the mirror!) AND.... I am pretty certain that my back boobs are much larger and sagging further than my front boobs! My diet is horrible.... it is a directly related to my horrible schedule that I must keep. whine whine whine! GAWWW, I miss chatting with you girls! I hope that everyone is hanging in there! Did I hear that Summer had a birthday...and I missed it??? Happy BDay, girlie! Sure hope everybody's health issues are turning out for the best!

Worked the concession stand at the football game again last night....not as much as last 2 weeks...I told them that I would help out after 1/2 time. Got back to the stand just in time to open the "back door" for the band students to purchase stuff so they don't have to wait in long lines! My hips and feet don't like being on concrete for double digit hours on days like these...but I don't really have too many options if I'm going to help out! ......concrete or nothing!........sigh!
Left the house at 11 this morning to get oldest to HS for drumline practice. Spent several hours this afternoon shopping for some new clothes to cover the lard. Ended my day at the band competition! Drumline came in 1st in their division AND 1st overall! WhoooHOOOOO! They beat a drumline that has about 2times the number that ours does! Our guys were fired up and ready to WIN! ...and they did! Ended my day at 11pm, in the uniform closet making sure that the uniforms were put away correctly, neatly and completely! Sat down here just cause I wanted to say hello to you all! I sure miss you! Hope everyone is doing well! (PS: I am going with the band to NYC in March! Can you northern girls meet me there for a 3fCCoconutGathering? I'll PM you the dates!)

Heading to bed......I'm so darn tired!
Take care,
meeee

((((Hugs))))
HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:12 PM   #57  
burned out bus driver

Ms Mermaid.......wonderful to hear from you!!!!! I knew you were busy and just stressed out to the gills like the rest of us. Did you end up getting those really nice slippers?? (Hope so!). I have had meltdowns like that too, all too many for me recently too. Glad you and Dh had some time together- just being husband and wife, and forgetting, for a precious few moments about being parents. And yes, sweetums, we DO miss you!!!!!!!!!! No lie.
Great to hear from you!!!!! PM us with those dates, perhaps something can be worked out.

Busy and insane weekend......dd brought home a friend and her godson from school, which just made it all crazy. And I am extremely stressed out......have a major, and I mean major issue at work that I am really worried about. (would appreciate prayer please). I know what I have to do- just really, really concerned about the reaction, who it will piss off and the repercussions for me. Ain't been sleeping too good as a result.......oh I just wish this whole situation would go away. THus resulting, the stress eating is kicking in big time......

Well, I had better go. Summerr, and Kerry hope you are doing well.
Belated Happy B day Summerrr!
Ginger
Old 10-08-2007, 08:43 PM   #58  
burned out bus driver

Today was ok. Dd and I joined 4H, and today was apple picking day for 4H at a local orchard. We went and had a great time........it was nice to do something "simple" and fun. Then I came home and got some housework done- after our company this weekend, the place looked pretty ragged.
Does not look much better now, but I know I got rid of a lot of dirt.
I am not looking foward to tomorrow.........
Guess I'd better go watch Dancing with the Stars with Dd. Nite!
Ginger
Old 10-08-2007, 10:22 PM   #59  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Hey ya'll.....
I sent a PM about NYC....
I can't stop sneezing and my eyes are watering like crazy.... maybe I'm allergic to all the sweets I've been eating like a piggggg!
I missed Dancing with the Stars.... I was too busy talking to my sister about my grandmother's 100th birthday party...and I use the word party rather loosely! 100. Mannnnnn...... 100! Incredible, huh?!

Will check in again later in teh week! Gin... it was Summerrr's husband who got lucky... all I did was work in the band concession stand and travel with the band to a competition! ....poor guy! heheheehe
HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 11:35 AM   #60  

This thread really needs to be revitalized. But, considering that none of us currently have any free time at all, I don't see it happening anytime soon!

I have my first cold of the school year. Those darn 4 year-olds and their cooties!!! Why must they hug and slobber all over me?!

Update: My supervisor stopped by with more extra paperwork for me to do and after finding out that my NAEYC accreditation expires in June (she had no idea...why didn't I bite my tongue?!) she told me to download the application and get busy. This 18 page application will be no picnic to complete, and is due with payment on October 31. Then I will have till January 31 to complete my candidacy paperwork (picture short file-cabinet size amount of documentation). After that the "VISIT" (more like inspection) will happen between March and July (obviously I won't be there in July, so they will have to come before that). I am sooooo unprepared for this nightmare. Remember I said that this is a better year? Scratch that. Different, not actually better. Could it have been worse? Yeah, probably.

The parents are still in the dark about the tuition fees. My supervisor announced a couple of weeks ago that she would be composing a letter to the parents about the sliding scale fees. Have I seen this letter yet? No. Do I meet my deadlines? Always. Does she? Helllllll no.

This is the last year in my building since the city is building us a brand spanking new school, pre-k through 8. It will be wonderful to have a toilet and sink in my room and of course, A/C for June and September. My asthma may subside in a cleaner building as well. We will have intercoms instead of one loud speaker interrupting instruction and naptime all day long. However, I am beginning to feel nostalgic about my disfunctional school family. I'm in a small school with only 175 kids, pre-k through 4. Everybody knows everybody...very well. I will never eat lunch with my group again. The dynamics will change dramatically.

WW is currently nonexistent in my life. I've been stress-eating. I have been continuing to take my healthy snacks and lunch to school, so the bulk of my naughty behavior has been breakfast and dinner...mostly dinner. I want to succeed, but I'm angry at my supervisor and taking it out on myself. I've got to turn my attitude around.

Be well and happy.
Summerrrr is offline   Reply With Quote