Old 09-05-2007, 07:02 PM   #16  

Cool

Kerry: I bet some of your weight is water retention, and it will come off in no time. Ten is a lot of kids for what you do. Do you have an assistant?

Ginger: It sounds like your situation has also improved this year. The more difficult times definitely make us appreciate when our load is lightened a bit.

Mermaid: PLEASE CHECK IN WITH US...WE MISS YOUUUUUUUUU!!!

My naughty dog, Duffy, left me a disgusting message this AM. He pooped several times all over the floor at the bottom of the stairs and down the long hallway to the kitchen and dining room. I've never seen soooo many bm's in my life. Fortunately it wasn't diarrhea. He also peed at the bottom of the stairs. I stepped in it. So, the clean up involved not only the floor, but me too. Needless to say, my morning was completely thrown off. He usually only does this kind of thing when he is angry. I wish he would just tell me what's up and stop being so passive aggressive!!! Baaaaad dog!

School was okay...much nicer pace. I have time to teach, do paperwork, catch my breath, and be organized. I am up for reaccreditation with NAEYC this year, and I will need as much time as I can get to document all I do. Developmentally appropriate practice dictates that my class gets a minimum of 60 minutes of outside time. Because the principal says that I need to follow the recess schedule that the computer came up with, they aren't even getting their 10 minutes allotted by the school system. (The computer scheduled their 10 minute recess during their naptime!) I'm providing gross motor activities in the classroom, but how silly is that in this spectacular weather? I'm trying really hard to keep my cool and roll with it. I'm exhausted at the end of each school day, but I'm not nearly as stressed out as last year.

Last night, I watched "The Biggest Loser." It was quite inspirational. I look forward to joining WW again. I'll still do it online since I have not a minute to spare to attend a meeting. It worked last time until I ran out of money for the monthly dues. Now that I will be back working the after school program, I should be able to afford to stick with it.

Have a nice evening and great tomorrow!
Summerrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:20 PM   #17  
KAR

Evening Ladies,
My day was okay at school. I made it through the day without any major problems. My talkers did quiet down some today, especially after I kept repeating the classroom rules. Especially the one about raising your hand to get permission to speak. Came home at a decent time today, which was nice. But next week, I will start the after school program and work until 6 Monday through Thursday. So will be back to being super busy. But the extra money will be nice. Mad at my dh tonight. As you all know, he likes to hang out with his buddies in the evenings. Well fun thing is that he really didn't do that much this summer when I was home. But as soon as school started back for me he starts doing it again. Every night this week so far, he has been gone for a couple of hours to hang out with his friends. Then gets home after I already go to bed. Tonight I had asked him to go for a walk with me. Told him that I wanted to go to the lake near our house for a walk. I started out the back door and made it to my van when he comes out and says to get in his truck to save gas. Okay fine. Well we get into town and I ask where we are going to take our walk. He is like I don't know. Then we run into two of our friends that he likes to hang out with in the evenings. They inivite him to play cards tonight. So he tells them that he has to take me home and he will be right back. So he drives me home and says that he will take a walk with me tomorrow night. By this time it is dark so I can't walk at the lake. Plus I don't want to walk around our town at night time. So no walk for me this evening. Guess I will just have to tell him that I will do things with him and then change my mind. I feel like at times I am so low on his priority list. But I am to drop everything I am doing or have planned to spend time with him. Atleast my eating was good today. So that makes two days now this week that I have done well. sorry for my ranting and raving. It's not like it would do me any good to say anything to him about it. He would just say that he was letting me relax and unwind after a long day at school. I would like to beat him up at times!
Ginger glad your day went well today! So this is the first time that you have only had two kids per seat. I bet that makes it nicer for you to concentrate on driving and not doing behavior duty. I need to find time in my day to start doing the Walk Away the Pounds tapes. I might just have to take the one mile into school and make my kids doing it with me sometime during the day. Maybe on the evenings dumba** isn't home, I should just work out then. But in the mornings I am tired when I get up and in the evenings I am tired when I get home. Maybe I should aim for three days a week doing a workout of sometime. I will get back to being your sister in sweat sometime soon I hope.
Summer, sorry your dog left you several presents this morning to clean up. Hope evening went better. I do have one aide in my room with me. So that does help a little bit. I guess we are just going to have to do a little balance act to get adjusted to that many students in my room this year. God I hope I don't go nuts before the end of the school year. If so I will have a nice padded summer vacation next year huh?
Miss Mermaid, how are you? We miss hearing from you. Please come back soon and chat with us.
Well I am off to go get ready for bed and watch a little tv. So I will chat with you all tomorrow. Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:37 PM   #18  
burned out bus driver

Kerry- gee, how many times have you ladies patiently listened to me rant? glad we were here for you...Somewhere in the midst of this, your Dh does appreciate you. Our friend Summerrrr once did a great job of showing me how guys really need a push at times.....and sometimes we have to do the work of being attentive for them. No, not how we really want things, but i think some of what you are experiencing is just a difference between the genders. I hope you get your walk in with him tomorrow. And as many times a week that you can work out is good...any workouts are better than none. 3X a week sounds good.

Summerrr- sounds like Duffy misses you and Dd. And is not happy that you are back at school. (funny, I just skimmed an online subject about dogs who get upset when everyone goes back to school). Hopefully it is just that and not some illness. glad you are not a stressed out as last year, despite some wacky scheduling issues. Hope you get to rejoin WW soon.

I am exhausted. Did get my walk in this am.....tomorrow there will be h*** to pay on my HS. Tons of new freshmen who act like morons.....I have no tolerance for their antics.
Better get some rest.......a very busy day tomorrow.
Mermaid- miss you lots!
G
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:37 AM   #19  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

hello friends! i'm at the computer doing some work that is due at school in a bit.... haven't been able to read anything here in many many days... Please forgive me! We got some great news this afternoon. Mom will be leaving the nursing home on Saturday. She has pushed herself in order to "get out"! I've got a new area of interest to direct my advocacy skills! ARGGH! Once she is out, I will be writing my letter of complaint to everyone and anyone who will listen to me! No one should have to live in a place like this...especially our oldest citizens and our citizens with disabilities! Sadly, it is THE place with the best reputation in our area! Scary! Speaking of scary, guess everyone is back in school by now. I've decided that I'm getting too old for this junk! The new requirements put into place by the principal and the block scheduling in grade 1 is something else. After 20 years, I had to go to the AP and ask her to read the schedule to me & tell me what the heck it meant! Gotta get back to that schedule, it is due tomorrow...and I've yet to figure out where / what in the world I'm supposed to have on it.... sighhh! I've been thinking of you gals, hoping that you're hanging in there.... We're eating more fast food than I had hoped....making lots of trips between schools and mom! take care! meeeeee
HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 11:28 AM   #20  

Mermaid: Congrats on your mom busting out of that awful place! 20 years ago, I did some recreational therapy in a couple of the most elite nursing homes in Fairfield County, and let me tell you, that urine smell combined with disinfectant never went away. I've also been inside the worst, which are more like dirty prisons. Either way, those places are no place for the helpless. I made a pact with DD a long time ago that she will take care of me in my old age, and I promised not to drive her crazy!

Dontcha just "love" how school systems keep piling on new requirements on us? It never ends.

Ginny: I have some friends at school who are dealing with animals who are just plain pissed at them (no pun intended!) for going back to work. Duffy has left us a mess for three mornings in a row. The poop is solid. Trust me, he isn't sick, he's just plain mad. Last night he was locked in his crate to sleep so that his mess would be contained since he enjoys spreading his poop over a large area. He rolled and stepped in it, so he will be getting an outside "bath" with the hose later and then will have to dry off on the deck instead of enjoying his day in his doghouse. When he dries, he will have to be in the house, which he hates. In the meantime, I've cleaned the kitchen floor and the crate, but I need to spray everything so he doesn't pick up his scent. I hope he gets over his anger soon. I can't continue to wake up to this awful, stinky mess.

Sorry you have to contend with high school freshman yahoos. They behave much like my preschoolers, but come in larger packages!

Kerry: Keep on looking out for yourself. I would be interested to see how your DH would react if you just plain ignored him and his juvenile behavior.

Today is catch-up day. I have tons of household chores to do. I finally got paid!!! I will probably join WW online today. I was able to pay my bills...only overdue by a couple of days, but still stressful...I prefer to pay earlier than later. Tomorrow is the first day the church choir is back. Our new choir robes will be dedicated, and we are singing extra music. Would you believe our choir director wanted to start rehearsing Christmas music the other night?! Slow down for Pete's sake! I can barely wrap my brain about summer ending let alone Christmas!!! Also, Sunday School begins again for DD. She is thrilled since sitting through an entire church service was tough on her. Our last church had children's activities through the summer, but this one doesn't, except for VBS (vacation Bible school). I've suggested to the educational director that our church's summer attendance would increase if there was programming for the kids. So far, nothing. In the afternoon, we have my niece's birthday party at my sister's house where everyone will pretend that my sister and brother-in-law are happy...meanwhile it is a miracle they haven't killed each other. We are also supposed to attend DH's company picnic. If we can slip out of my niece's party a little early, we can make the picnic. Personally, I don't want to go to either.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:23 PM   #21  
KAR

Evening Ladies,
Had a busy weekend. Spent yesterday with dh all day hanging out with our friends watching college football. Then today went grocery shopping, did laundry, lesson plans for next week, dishes and took a nap. Have to work on my Avon books here in a little bit before I go to bed. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
Miss Mermaid, glad to hear that your mom came home from the nursing home on Saturday. Hope she is getting around better these days! So did you have a sort of relaxing weekend? Hope you got your paperwork done for Friday. I have a new boss this year and I have already learned to go to the Assistant principal to find out what information I need to know. If I go to the principal I get a long winded speech and then it is usually still wrong info. Hope you have a great weekend at school this coming week!
Ginger how was your weekend? Hope you were able to survive the freshman on Friday. Bet you didn't miss any of this craziness over the summer.
Summer, sounds like you had a busy day yesterday. Hope you were able to enjoy your neice's birthday party without any major mishaps. Did you get to sneak out early and go to DH's picnic?
Well I am off to write my contact info. on my Avon books. Then it is bedtime I hope by 11:00. I have to start the afterschool program tomorrow at school. So I will leave the house at 7 or 7:15 and not get home until 6:30 or so. So I think some long days are ahead of me. But I keep telling myself that this will help pay off some bills. Plus the extra money will help with us doing some extra things for fun. One thing I would like to do is rent a cabin about an hour away from us and spend the weekend there something in this school year. Just the hubby and me. So I guess the long hours will nw worth it in the long run.
Enjoy your evenings! Have a great start to a new school week!
Kerry
Old 09-10-2007, 09:07 PM   #22  
burned out bus driver

Hello my friends! I am pooped, drove a trip this afternoon, which got me home at 7. I do not really have time to elaborate- just wanted to say hi and let you know I am still alive. I WILL be down at the scale this week, even if it kills me.
Robyn- glad your mom is home.

Hi Kerry and Jill..........see ya tomorrow.
Ginger
Old 09-11-2007, 08:15 PM   #23  
burned out bus driver

Well, due to all kinds of various circumstances, most of which include putting any desires of mine below anyone elses....I got to a WW weigh in this evening. Wanted to go to a meeting and stay, but Atilla came back from his historical reprieve, and I have to stay home tomorrow,(during my off hours) and clean. The good news is that I was down 1.4#......busted my butt to do so too. I had been up the past 2 or 3 x, so this is good news.
I did get my WW tape in this am. And I am going for a long walk tomorrow am.....and buying myself a cup of coffee. I need a treat.

Kerry, Mermaid and Summerrr, hope your week is going ok.....I miss you!
Ginger
Old 09-11-2007, 09:34 PM   #24  
KAR

Congrats Ginger on your loss! I went to TOPS this evening and lost 2 1/4 pounds. That is better than the 3 3/4 pound gain I had last week. So I am hoping to keep up at this pace and be below 200 by the end of the year.
Hi Mermaid and Summer. Hope you are doing well?
My kids are falling into the routine of our school day really well. So I am happy about that. Now if I could just get one of them to do their work on their own and not play the I don't know game I would be a happy camper.
Well off to watch a little tv before bed.
Chat with you all later.
Kerry
Old 09-12-2007, 07:46 PM   #25  

I sure miss summer and all the time I had. It is so hard to get near the computer now.

Congrats to Ginger and Kerry on your weight loss!!!

Hope all is well Mermaid.

I joined WW over the weekend, so I'm back on program. I used the scale in the nurse's office at school to weigh myself, but Nimrod moved it into a walk-in closet, so I don't know if he screwed it up. No matter the number, I'm gonna do what I need to in order to lose weight and get healthy.

I watched Biggest Loser last night and was very inspired. I could never exercise like they do though...I would surely blow out my knees and throw out my back...pulling a friggin' airplane...as if!!!

Last edited by Summerrrr; 09-12-2007 at 07:46 PM.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:19 PM   #26  

I LOST THREE POUNDS!!!

Last edited by Summerrrr; 09-14-2007 at 07:20 PM.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:51 AM   #27  
burned out bus driver

Congrats to my two loser friends Summerrr and Kerry. You two are doing great..I am happy and proud of both of you. We all face such stresses in our lives, trials and the like, and it can seem so overwhelming trying to get through daily exiistance with jobs and families, and of course just staying healthy, and losing weight too. Weight loss is such a wonderful thing you can do for yourself...........and I am smiling big time for both of you!

Summerrr- welcome back to the fold.......you going to meetings or online? I can be your meeting....nag you in all the appropriate places.... Enjoy the journey. And puhleeze tell Nimrod (the same Nimrod as last year?) to leave the darned scale alone. What a bozo.

Kerry- I told you those #'s would come off!!!!!!! Glad to hear about your loss, the other # will go bye bye soon enough. Good to hear that the kids are getting back to the swing of things- gosh it is SO tough to motivate kids to do anything. I wish you the best of luck, there.

Had a busy am.........I hope to get back here tomorrow for a longer post.
Tough weekend, MIL came over and that is sort of like planning a presidential campaign......gotta check in with other family members to see what dammage MIL did, so we know what land mines to avoid. So it was a stressful weekend.
Better go check out email. Yup, I got my walk in this am. I am SO thankful for this gorgeous fall weather.

Ms Mermaid- can't wait to see your witty self here posting more often. I think of you a lot. Take care....

Ginger
Old 09-17-2007, 08:27 PM   #28  
KAR

Evening Ladies,
Summer Congrats on the 3 pounds lost! Way to go girlfriend! Keep it up!
Ginger sorry to hear that you had a tough weekend with MIL's visit. Hope this week gets better for you. Thanks for the pep talk.
Hi Miss Mermaid hope life in the South is going well for you. We miss your witty comments and chatting with you.
Well my principal finally figured that I don't have a planning period and so he told me to pick when I wanted to take it. So I now have one and won't have to take a lot of stuff home with me from now on I hope. Plus I had a meeting with him today to plan on some jobs around the school for my kids. It went really well. So I am hoping things are going to be good this year with this new boss. Well I better go and finish the dishes from dinner. Then I think I am going to get ready for bed. Maybe curl up under the blankets and read a few pages out of the book I am attempting to read in the evenings before going to bed. Chat with you all later.
Take care,
Kerry
Old 09-18-2007, 12:36 AM   #29  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

I think I found your 3 pounds! :P
HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 05:30 PM   #30  

Mermaid: We haven't heard from you here in 11 days, and that's all you've got to say? Leave it to you to make me laugh with just a few words! Glad to have you back where you belong.

Ginger: I'm doing WW online. I don't have a minute to spare to attend meetings. Sorry you had to suffer MIL. Hey, at least she doesn't live with ya! Dear God...could you imagine?!!!

Kerry: Glad you have planning time. We all need it to do our best. I have a lot more time this year to do paperwork, and I will surely need it to prepare for reaccreditation.

I had jury duty today, but I luckily was excused because the doctor being sued in the malpractice case was my childhood family physician! I ran into an old friend, and we chatted each other up all day in between interruptions by the court...how dare they?! Anyway, we caught up, had lunch at the lovely hotel across from the courthouse, and had a mostly pleasant day. Tonite we have to eat fast and attend DD's first band meeting with the new conductor.