PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~night Owls #27~

Please check thread #26 so as not to miss any recent posts
Old 12-06-2001, 08:13 AM   #2  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Good Morning~

It's raining! yes, that's a GOOD thing......we need it. We've been getting light sprinkles here and there and we need much more than that. Anyway, it's chilly, raining and I LIKE IT!!!!!

Last night, I went to a horse tack auction. Only got a couple of things for my students but just the getting out was fun. Saw alot of people I know in the horse business and it really was a good time. Grabbed a hot dog and soda and I was a happy camper/buyer. heh-heh

I'm OP and doing well with my water. Deb asked me how I could drink warm water and I just said "I'll take it any way I can get it".
After those two sodas (one had caffeine, the other did not)....I figured I should flush out all the garbage in those two cans so I finished my bottle of water in the car and then had much more when I got home. I also woke up with Bill this moring around 4am and had waffles.....so now I can just sit and have my coffee while I put up my feet, with my keyboard in my lap, write to you all and check my email. Nice country America, I'm stayin'.......

I've FINALLY learned to always have breakfast......if I/you don't....your body thinks it's starving after "fasting" in your sleep all night and makes your matabolism slow waaaay down. So have a good breakfast today you OWLS! I'll catch you later.......Hey! How about a chat in the chat room about 9pm? Anyone want to meet me in there......If so, I'll see you when you get there. Have a good, good Thursday.
Hugs to you all,
~Pamela~

*My son Billy (age 6) at the Rodeo the end of this summer*

Last edited by PJ; 12-06-2001 at 08:17 AM.
Old 12-06-2001, 09:19 AM   #3  
I'm on my way!

Default Good morning!

Its getting preeetttyyy slow in here again!!

Where are you all???

I am starting to get control again...its coming slow but its coming! We are going to dinner with a friend tonight...so hopefully I can keep it simple!

I had my crispix for breakfast and I have my leftover roast for lunch. I have a cuppa coffee while I type this and a glass of iced tea...the water is next! I am going to drink water all day long so I won't get hungry! I need a butt kicking if you all don't mind...I'd like one from each of ya (that way you will all come out to post)!

I will check back in a little later to see who all came out!
Have a great day!
Old 12-06-2001, 12:40 PM   #4  
Is is spring yet??

Talking

Howdy!

Just checking in with my owlie buds!

How is everyone's christmas shopping going? I am done (have been for 3 weeks or so) and need to wrap. That is about it! I am pretty caught up this year - even with my baking/cooking schedule. I have almost 2 weeks off starting right before Christmas and going through New Years. I can't wait!! I have never had that much time off at once - it will be so nice - but hard to come back on January 2nd - I am sure!

PJ - Glad you are getting some much needed rain - here in Boston today its 69 degrees! Its been so mild - makes me nervous though - I am sure the -0 weather is on its way and we will probably get hit really hard - WATCH! I bet you don't miss NYC in the winter - huh? But it can be pretty - yeah for all of 1 week! LOL And I agree - having a nutritious breakfast is very important! I do it daily

Michelle - I see Andrew's pic under your name - what a cutie pie he is. I love his eyes! How is he? Does he talk yet? Good luck at dinner tonite - remember to think positive!! You can do it.

Well I must go - work is busy today - but I wanted to take a little break

I shall return!

Tara
Old 12-07-2001, 05:36 PM   #5  
Getting back on track!

Hi Owlies!

I have missed you guys!

PJ-Glad you are getting some rain. We need some as well. It is way too warm here for December,it seems so strange. Billy is such a cutie!

Michelle-WOW! He is so big and adorable! Here is a butt kicking LOL. I rejoined WW last week. The new meds are working really good so far and I have been off the others long enough that I think I am ready. I think I am going to have the biggest loss ever for 1 week, keep your fingers crossed and I will let you know how it goes tomorrow at weigh in.

Tara-You make me sick LOL . I have not bought the first present yet! I say I am going to start early every year and never do. I had good intentions this year and the auto accident messed up a lot of things.

My physical therapist expects me to have to keep coming for at least another month, yuck! but whatever will make it better. I do promise to get back more often. I miss you guys.

Love to all
Setina
Old 12-07-2001, 11:10 PM   #6  
Is is spring yet??

Hello again!!

Just wanted to peek in and I see our friend Setina was here!! HEY GIRL!!

I don't want to make you sicker - but I pretty much finished my wrapping tonite! I still have to do my BF, Olivia and Nic though!! I know I am a NUT! What can I say

Have a good weekend girls!! I have to babysit Nicholas for the nite tomorrow (my sister has a wedding) - it will be a blast! We have alot of fun together.

Goodnite,
Tara
Old 12-07-2001, 11:26 PM   #7  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Tara and Setina - Yes, I can't believe the weather you two have been getting.....actually, alot of the northern states!

Anyway, thanks SETINA.....I think Billy's a cutie too......but then, I AM a little biased.

Jackie has two, not three friends over tonight for a sleep-over......then I have to be at the stables to feed and ONE lesson.....then it's off to the store to find a 40th B'day present and get TO the party by 2opm....stay for a short visit and then home to make dinner for the kids.....then go to get my hair and nails done for Bill's employee party (an hour drive) and that should be it....no....WAIT! I have to feed the horses at 5pm so I'll have to go with my hair and makeup done already and just change my clothes when I get back. AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....IT'S ALL SOUNDING SO STRESSFULL NOW.............whew, whew, whew, whew,...............ok. I"m doing better now.

Just needed a little breather there. Heh-heh. I'm SURE you are all going through the same thing and if not......YOU'RE A WEIRDO!!!!!!! There is no such thing as ORGANIZATION OVER CHRISTMAS....... I've FINALLY come to that conclusion and have given in. No matter HOW early I shop and get everything done.....there's always MORE to do. Oh well, it's all for Christmas, the Spirit of Christmas ...... and let's not forget those who wont HAVE a Christmas unless you or I do something. Just go check with local churces and ask what families are in need or ask about what senior citizens need help. Now THEY wil show you who really needs it. TRUST ME ON THIS ONE.

Well, I'm off to LA-LA LAND.........Sweet Dreams everyone.
~Pamela~
Old 12-08-2001, 08:36 PM   #8  
Getting back on track!

Hi Owls!

Tara-I am sure you and Nicholas had a blast and yes you made me sicker LOL. Hopefully you will rub off on me for next year

PJ-You made me tired girl. Hope you have fun at the party.

OK Michelle, Emmy, Judygal, Candice, Bren and all you other missing owls, come out........

PS-Guess how much I lost at weigh in my first week back????

Ready?????

You sure?????????

9.8 pounds!!! That was just the motivation I needed. The combination of meds are working with my migraines and weight loss it appears. I still get the migraines but I can get them under control in 1 day vs. a week or so.

Better scoot for now....have a great evening!

Setina
Old 12-08-2001, 08:55 PM   #9  
I'm on my way!

OMG Setina...congratulations!!
Old 12-08-2001, 10:15 PM   #10  
Is is spring yet??

Hello again! Would you believe its snowing here in Boston right now? Yes we did have a 70 degree day on Thursday and YES its snowing tonite! CRAZY!! Its pretty though

PJ - I have to disagree with you girl! I mean yeah December is crazy in general - but I can be organized and it DOES help (me at least). But then again I don't have kids either. LOL ~ You sure are busy though - slow down girl I am tired just from reading your post!! Oh and Lil Billy is adorable!

Setina - GREAT JOB!!! WOW almost 10lbs gone in 1 week - however did you manage that one? I think its great though - keep up the good work. Glad you have the migraines under control - I hope they stay that way <knock wood>

I wonder how Brenda's new job is going! Bren if you are lurking let us know! And I hope you don't get clobbered by this snow - they say your area will get more than us.

I am at my sisters now - Nic is sleeping and Paul is watching Christmas Vacation - I snuck online to check my mail!!

Have a good nite everyone - sleep tight!

Tara
Old 12-09-2001, 06:24 AM   #11  

I'm still sore after falling off thepot!

Got my mixer and have been baking cookies to give away but I have to sample them first! Using up a ton of pints but counting everyone and saving for them!

Tara and PJ, I could not get through Christmas without some organization! I just don't like the stress of everything that has to be done, I'm almost done with wrapping!

Setina..Wow..way to go girl! You rock..........Keep up the great job!

Michelle..cute picture and yes we can do this..Just keep saying it is doable even during the Holidays! I'm baking this year, last year I didn't want to be tempted. So far so good!!!!!!!! I just sample a few and not half the batch anymore!
Old 12-09-2001, 10:08 AM   #12  
Getting back on track!

Good Morning Owls!

Tara-It's cold here today and looks like snow I know everyone is going to be sick. I drank lot's of water! I just went back to my old ways of eating. I had my big 10 point breakfast from McD's (Egg McMuffin and hashbrowns) and I had a lot of turkey, chicken, salads, veggies, milk, fat free puddings, etc. I tried before but even though I ate the same with those medications I would not loose and would actually gain so it's nice to see the number going down this time.

Candice aka Martha Stewart, that's what they call me at work when I am in my cooking/decorating mood LOL. I have not baked the first thing this year. Thanks on my loss. I needed that motivation.

Michelle-Thanks! Come out and play!

Well, I am off the McD's and to drink lots of water and then to a christmas tree decorating party/lunch at my friends house, it's totally safe because she is my WW leader as well

Bren-where are you? Hope you are doing well after the surgery and liking your new job MISS CORPORATE

PJ-You must be sleeping in from partying too much last night

I better run...have a nice day!

Setina
Old 12-09-2001, 12:06 PM   #13  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Hi there

Ha ha ha Setina Beline - Noooooooo, I was not recuperating....just getting in some much needed beauty (I wish) sleep. You are soooooo incredible when you put your mind to it. I KNEW you'd have a big loss but this one cuts the cake! NICE GOING!!!!!!!
Only had two drinks and we got there almost 2 hours after it started. I did well by having alot of the rice and then putting mostly veggies on top of it from the sausage and peppers. Had alot of fun but I couldn't sing this year. I'm fighting off something....seems like the flu....I'm losing my voice, have body aches and just plain "don't feel good". BUT!!!!!! Nothing is keeping me from going with my family to get our tree tonight. FINALLY...I get to decorate MY tree. I get paid to decorate peoples trees around here. I really love it and the pay is VERY good. $100.00 per tree from 6-12' tall. Anyway, between that money and the money from riding lessons.....I'll be able to get Bill a gift with my OWN money this year. That's going to be a first.

Tara - Wish I had a sister or sister in law like you. You sound like you truly enjoy the kids. As for being organized for the Holidays....I have to admit that I AM organized or I wouldn't be able to do what I do but there are times when it all catches up to me (and yes, the kids have many things going on so that makes a big difference for me). It was so nice to sleep in today and I'm still in my "PJ'S". I'm with you on the presents too...heh-heh. Have had mine done for months ..... only thing I don't do is put the ribbon on because it's the red velvet wire ribbon and I don't want it getting "squished".

I'm posting a picture of our cul-de-sac's "lights" on here. There are six homes and we've all gone all out on the lights this year. Can't wait to show you. Since we don't get snow in Florida, we make us for it in other ways. Would you believe my daughter just yelled to me "MOM!!! Can you take Amy and me to the beach in a little while?" ????!!!!!! THIS....in December. After seven years here I'm still now used to THAT!
Hope you all have a great Sunday and I'll "see" you later.
Hugs to you all,
~Pamela~

P.S. - Thought you'd all get a kick out of these:

The best of the worst of ridiculous slogans!

Vets office: "all unattended children given free kitten"
Pizza shop slogan: "7 days without pizza makes one Weak."
At a tire shop in Milwaukee: "Invite us to your next blowout."
Door of a plastic surgeons office: "Hello, can we pick your nose?"
Sign at the psychic's Hotline: "Don't call us, we'll call you."
At a Towing Company: "We don't charge an arm and a leg. We want tows."
Billboard on the side of the road: "Keep your eyes on the road and stop reading these signs."
On an Electricians truck: "Let us remove your shorts."
At an Optometrists Office: "If you don't see what your looking for, you've come to the right place."
On a Taxidermist's window: "We really know our stuff."
In a Podiatrist's office: "Time wounds all heels."
On a fence: "Salesmen Welcome, Dog food is expensive."
Outside a Muffler Shop: "No appointment necessary, we'll hear you coming."
In a Veterinarians waiting room: "Be back in 5 minutes, Sit! Stay!"
Inside a Bowling Alley: "Please be quiet, we need to hear a pin drop."
In a counselors office: "Growing old is mandatory, growing wise is optional."
Old 12-09-2001, 04:44 PM   #14  
Smith Mountain Mommy-Girl

Default Whew!! All my big stuff for work is now over!!!

The Holiday Brunch is over and it was a big hit....the Family Night Covered DIsh was fun with way too much good food....and Breakfast with Santa was yesterday. Gee.....all of these events involved wonderful food but fortunately I was too busy to indulge so much...Now I just have the fancy cocktail party to get through and the Managers Christmas buffet and oh yes...the Employee Christmas Party which is tomorrow. We just have too many food functions!!!!

Today I have gotten to do a little shopping. My sister took my 3 boys with her to our parents house for the day so I have a nice quiet day all to myself...don't see those often and really don't know how to handle them...hehe I bought a gorgeous dress for the party....black with a glittery top and get this....originally $90 but it was on sale for $45. I love a bargain!!!!

Now let me catch up on all of you!!

Setina...Way to go on that LOSS!!! You are my motivation I am so glad that you have gotten your migraines under control and with a medicine that is friendly to your weight loss!!!

PJ......You are a BUSY LADY too!!!! I bet those trees you do are spectacular...glad you will soon get to do your own...Would love to see pics. What happened to the one of your culdesac??

Tara...I bet that Nic is excited about Christmas...and how is Olivia doing...Gee you are a great Aunt!!! I envy how you are so organzed...I am sorta a fly by the seat of my pants gal...but it always turns out ok! I am trying to be better!

Bren...Where are you??I want to hear about your new job and new clothes!?!?!?!

Candice...Sounds like you are "going to town" with that new mixer! And what great contrl not to taste test "too" many !

Michelle...It is great to hear that you are back in control!!! That Andrew is a doll...gee I remember when you first met his dad.....Keep up the good work!!

Well gotta run and pick up the boys....been too quiet around here anyway....

Happy Holidays!!

emmy
Old 12-09-2001, 06:34 PM   #15  
I'm on my way!

Emmy...my gosh..it seems just like yesterday that I met John and now look at me already! Andrew is 15 months old already....time sure flies when you are having FUN! John is the best thing that ever happened to me. Leaving RI is the best thing I did! Except for the part about leaving my family! But they aren't that far away. We are going to RI on the 20th....

Setina...that is such an awesome loss! You will get the weight back off again! After the holidays I am putting all effort to get mine off again. I just want to get back down to where I was before I got pregnant and go down from there. I can't stand myself right now even though I lost 26 of it so far!
I know I can do it again!

PJ...I hope you are feeling better! Where's the pic of the christmas lights??

Tara...I am just about done with my shopping! Just want to get John's dad one more thing and a couple small things for John...and then a couple games for his great niece and nephew. Other than that everything is done done done even the wrapping.

Oh Brenda....come out come out wherever you are? Ya gotta tell us about your job. Did you throw in the towel? ARe you still there?

Candice...I decided NOT to do my cookie baskets this year. I sat down to do some candy and turned to John and said..nope..not this year. I am just too tired! I did make some peanut butter fudge today to test the recipe out. It had the Eagle brand sweetened condensed milk in it...it was sooooo good! I am going to make it for the Christmas party on saturday. I will do plain, nuts and peanut butter fudge. I will probably do some cookies just to take to my mom's in RI. I can't make without tasting...afterall...I wouldn't want someone to eat a rotten tasting cookie! LOL

I'm really glad to see you all posting...I know we are all busy with the holidays and families and stuff...but just remember...I NEED YOU ALL!

Have a great night...I will catch you all in the morning sometime. Have to give the boy his bath!

Michelle
Closed Thread