Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2001, 11:09 PM   #31  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Just got the picture of my new horse (hopefully).....His name is "Ah yes" and he's a 7 year old gelding only three weeks off the track. I'm so excited. Missy will now have a buddy all her own. I'm driving up on Sunday to meet him and make sure we "click" first. Have a good night and sweet dreams everyone.
Old 10-24-2001, 12:30 PM   #32  
I'm on my way!

Oh where have all the owls gone?

DO they fly south for the winter? They must all be at PJ's house!

PJ and Candice look lonely in here!!

I didnt' get to weigh in on sunday because I was hit leaving work Thursday afternoon and didn't have a car. I would have had to take john to work at 6 am and I didn't feel like it...it's a 30 minute ride each way down the turnpike. I will just have to wait till this sunday...he is off. His friend is going to let him use his extra car till we get ours back....I just have to cook him dinner. What a deal! I will just use the truck...its a 4x4 dodge dakota...they drive like tanks! But I don't have to go far anyway....

Well...I am off to lunch now...I have shrimp cocktail....yummy!

Talk at you all later! Michelle K
Old 10-24-2001, 02:27 PM   #33  
Happy Member

All right, PJ, now you've got my attention! What a dirty trick putting a picture of a pretty horsey up to get me to post! Just kidding!

He's a handsome devil, though. You said that he's 3 weeks off the track? Wouldn't he be more "hot" right now than "bomb proof"? So Missy might get a new buddy, eh? That's neat! Lucky you!

Irish and I went for a trail ride on Sunday and BOTH of us had a blast! He LOVES going for trail rides. It's the most pep in his step we ever see. Supposed to get colder by this weekend. Phooey! This has been beautiful riding weather. In my ebay travels, I won an almost new Mountain Horse coat for myself to be toasty warm when it gets cold at the farm. Those babies retail for $250 and I won it for $70. Yeeee-hah! AND get this....size? Large! Not "plus size" not "XXL" or even "XL"..fits perfect! ...woo-hoo! I'm down 65 pounds now.

Ok, gotta run for now!
Ally
Old 10-24-2001, 08:04 PM   #34  
Teacher chick

Hi everyone. I have lurked but not posted in a while. My excuse: nothing good enough to make myself come out looking good, here!

I just wanted to say hi and let you know that I am still here. Life is busy. Steve is not doing very well. I miss Mike at college (although he does come home with a ton of dirty laundry every 2-3 weeks) and I'm way too old to be the mother of a 9 year old boy!

Pamela, I am so glad you came out of your car accident (I actually cried as I read about that). I should have written to you. I'm sorry.

Tara, I'm glad your daddy is doing some better. I had one of those difficult relationships with my father and I was just like you.... loving him and getting along with him weren't always easy to do at the same time! I miss him and I know how you feel, honey.

Ally, I know you don't really know me, but I'm so happy that you and Pamela share your love for horses.

Jenni, that pumpkin recipe sounds wonderful. I think I'll try it. I also suffer from TMJ and get horrendous headaches. I wear a specially made night guard to keep me from grinding.

Candice, my lack of a green thumb would make you nuts! I kill even silk plants! Your pics are gorgeous.

BREN... momma owl, I wish you well with your surgery. I think I'll be kicking mine before I turn 50. Remember every detail. Your pic is gorgeous. I love the hair.

Michelle, congratulations on that huge weight loss! I am thrilled for you doing that in only one week!

Jill and Ms Chubby, it's nice to meet you. I used to be a very dedicated nightowl. I broke my wing I guess and it's harder to get back to the nest than it used to be.

Well you guys.....it's good to see you. Don't faint that I'm still here! Anyone talking to Setina, send her my love.

Judy
Old 10-25-2001, 01:52 AM   #35  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Judy - "Pamela, I am so glad you came out of your car accident (I actually cried as I read about that). I should have written to you. I'm sorry. "

Oh my God Judy, you've got me in tears just thinking about making you upset. I'm so sorry......I'm ok and have a new Hyundai Sonata...NOT A TRUCK....I have three that Lee said I could "access" any time I needed so that was that. Enough trucks, 4WD and whatever for me for a while. I'm just feeling really bad about making YOU feel so bad. I'm sorry and really....I'm just fine.

You will all have to excuse me tonight as I'm soooo tired and can hardly keep my eyes open.

Sweet Dreams to all of you....

~Pamela~
Old 10-25-2001, 03:31 AM   #36  
Teacher chick

PJ... I also have the Sonata. It gets great mileage. It's 2:30 in the morning here and I'm up with bronchitis. I've got a dr appt this morning and I'll probably take off Thurs and Friday. Thank goodness for fax machines because I can just fax my lesson plans in.

J
Old 10-25-2001, 07:44 AM   #37  
Is is spring yet??

Thanks Judy!! - I appreciate your posting to me. And I hope you feel better soon! Take care and get some rest. {{{HUG}}}

Tara

P.S. Hi to the other owls - I am in a rush but i will pop in soon!
Closed Thread