Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 08-13-2006, 03:28 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Thank you, Jayde. That was too easy--I should have been able to figure that out myself!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 10:14 AM   #17  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Your tastes changing isn't an unusual experience. I used to enjoy cookies n cream ice cream, but last time I tried it (a couple years ago), it didn't taste the same. I also used to like oreos and milk, which again didn't taste the same last time I tried it. Nutter butters? nope. Chocolate cake? nope. Chocolate covered raisins? Peanut butter cups? Paydays? nope, nope and nope.

It happens. I think it is a good thing and it takes some time to realize that your favorite treats are no longer favorites.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:14 AM   #18  
Finding Me Again

S/C/G: 235/212/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayde View Post
Sounds like you are really ready to dig in, Hope!
I've got my shovel and containers ready!!!
olivia627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:17 AM   #19  
Finding Me Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
Thank you, Jayde. That was too easy--I should have been able to figure that out myself!
Actually, I saw where someone had posted WOE and I thought 'What does that mean??????' Then, I saw someone post it again and put Way Of Eating in parenthesis. OOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhh, now I get it! I thought everyone knew what it was, except for me!

Sorry, I should have put it in parenthesis as well!
Old 08-18-2006, 12:50 PM   #20  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Great post! I've gone through the same thing.
mauvaisroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 12:28 PM   #21  
Finding Me Again

Yes...YES!!!! THIS is what Superfoods/Whole Foods were for me way back when. I NEED this again. Struggling to get back into the groove of it all, but I'll get there.
Old 10-19-2016, 08:47 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 235/216/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi, there! I'm new to here but not new to dieting. I always have had a sweet tooth thanks to my gramps who used to lavish me with all kinds of sweets when I was a kid. So for me love was always something sweet. No matter what diet I tried sweet craving was always my down fall. Then I tried a modified paleo diet and after a year I really have kicked the craving for cake, pie and all the bakery goods that used to seduce me. I still tend to binge on fruit so I limit that as much as possible.
Oddly enough if I feel like I want a sweet I keep a 90% cacao bar in the freezer and break off a tiny bit to have with herb tea and that takes care of it. I never feel like bingeing on odd things anymore. It used to be that I would eat all kinds of stuff to get rid of the feeling that only pie or cake could bring. Once I ate an entire loaf of white bread slathered with mayo when all i wanted was to devour an apple pie with whipped cream. Needless to say the bread and mayo was just as bad as cake or pie. But now I have healthy salads and am unconsciously cutting back on red meat in favor of fish or chicken. I did have some unresolved issues that contributed (divorce) but once I went paleo it seemed that I could think more clearly and took care of the issues which helped the diet.

Last edited by Boots1947; 10-19-2016 at 08:49 PM. Reason: typed wrong word
Boots1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 06:01 AM   #23  

do skipping and running everyday it helps you a lot reduce your weight!
Deepy is offline   Reply With Quote