Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 02:23 PM   #16  
si, si signora

Yeah Melissa -- whoo hooo.

Okay, I'm going to confess.

I feel miserable.

My back is aching and I believe I know what it is.

It is mostly travel related. I sit in the bulkhead (usually row 1) and curve my little spine to put my feet up as far as possible, putting lots of pressure on my spine for hours on end.

Guess what? I can barely walk or bend today.

I'm have a 4:10 doctors appointment and I'm at home today summing up my meetings, writing documentation and wishing I had the strength to push the vacuum.

I'm not very happy right now.

As for travel, it comes and goes. I have one more transcon and three more transatlantics before the end of the year. Then I am hanging up my frequent flying hat for the next year. I think. Then again, I say it every year, but this time I believe I mean it.

lala
Old 10-20-2006, 08:24 AM   #17  

Height: 5'7"

Lala: I hope your back is feeling better and that the doctor was able to give you something to relieve the pain. I slept wrong last evening and I was stiff this morning. Grrr. I'm tired just looking at your travel schedule for the rest of the year but you seem to be able to adjust really well with the time changes, etc.

I talked with the doctor's office yesterday about the tiredness. I was taking a generic synthroid and they weren't able to get the same brand/company so it was switched, then when I went to get my prescription this past time it was changed again and after taking it for a week or so I noticed that the tiredness was returning along with my hair falling out again. Long story short, they are switching me to the brand which will be more expensive but at least I know it's the same thing each month and don't have to worry about getting it from different companies. We'll see if that helps/works.

DH was dealt another blow this week--a very good rugby buddy died of a massive heart attack. He was only 54 and well liked by everyone. The funeral is Saturday and the guys have been asked by his parents that a rugby ball be signed by all the players.

It's pouring outside and it's dark--more like evening rather than 8 a.m. Temps have also taken a turn--it's 44! Tomorrow is supposed to be partly cloudy.

On a happier note, DS #1 is getting engaged tomorrow! I'll be glad once it's out in the open. His girlfriend knows that he's looked at rings but has no idea as to when it's going to happen. He's excited about it. They're going to Cedar Point (OH) for the day tomorrow and he's planning on giving it to her sometime during the day. It's kind of bittersweet for me--it means he's grown up and moving on but on the other hand I'll be gaining a daughter-in-law

Hi to Pam, Susan, Julie, Liz! Hope you're all doing okay!!
Old 10-20-2006, 10:30 AM   #18  

lala safe travels to Boston tomorrow. I hope your back is feeling better.

Melissa the weather in your area is similar to here. It's dark and rainy but the temps are a little higher. Tomorrow is suppose to be beautiful so I've just got to get through today. Congrats to your DS how exciting for your family!

Hi to Susan and Lisa!

Not too much going on today, a few leases I need to finalize and then hopefully on to a fun weekend. I'm really looking forward to the "formal" tomorrow night. I bought a pretty sexy (for me anyway) black dress and John is wearing a tux. I asked my Dad to come by and take some pictures of us. Sunday we don't have any plans except to head to the pumpkin patch, yup still don't have our Halloween pumpkin yet. I also haven't purchased any candy yet, that would be too dangerous for me.

Have a nice weekend Ladies!
Old 10-20-2006, 12:10 PM   #19  

Lisa: The book I have is called Full Catastrophe Living and the cover mentions that it can help with pain, stress etc. I have no knowledge of the others, although I peeked ahead in our "homework" list and I see another one listed. The title is something like Wherever you go, there you are Beyond that, I can't really make any recommendations. I also can't vouch for what it would be like to read the book without the support that the course instructor is providing, but I did read reviews from folks who bought the book and who were helped with all kinds of specific conditions, chronic pain, etc. Good luck!

Melissa: How exciting to be gaining a daughter-in-law!

Pam: Wish I had been smart enough to put off buying the candy. Have a great time Saturday nite.

lala: Hope your back is better. Airplane seats are evil...

Have a good weekend everyone. I am planning a low-key one. Movies, stuff around the house, a run or two and some time with "my kids" on Saturday afternoon.

Susan
Old 10-20-2006, 02:46 PM   #20  

Height: 6'0"

It's 90 here again today--too hot!! I've been in meetings all day--tiring. This weekend I'll be volunteering at a 5K race (registering the runners and then singing the National Anthem to kick off the race). Then I head to a humongous garage sale. Then I have a wedding that I'm coordinating. On Sunday is a concert by my musical group. Here is the link to a newspaper article about it:
http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbc.../1106/news0303

Susan, thanks for the book title. I'm going to check it out. Have a nice quiet weekend.

Melissa, so sorry about your husband's friend--so young. I'm glad your medication is getting straightened out. Sometimes generics don't work for people. Congrats on your son's soon to be engagement. I would give her the ring on a roller coaster (of course I love roller coasters). When will they get married?

Pam, I'm glad your weather will be nice. I hope the formal evening is nice. It's fun to get dressed up. Here in Florida, it's much too casual for my taste, so when there is a dressy affair, I go all out.

lala, I hope your back is better, too. Have fun in Boston, one of my favorite cities.
Closed Thread