Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2001, 06:46 PM   #16  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! Today food is no better than it was yesterday I'm afraid. Too many yummy cookies. I did make taco soup for lunch. So tomorrow and the rest of the weekend will be behavin'!!!

Melissa: You're right. A day missed here easily turns into a week. And then it seems like there is so much to catch up on that it's overwhelming! Are you opposed to Morningstar or Bocca burgers on the run. Easy enough to 'nuke' before you walk out the door and not real messy to eat in the car. I also take apples with me all the time. Helps to get a couple of servings of the fruits in anyway. 98% fat Free ham slices are good for a sandwich with Wonder White Lite bread which is 2 slices for 1 point. That makes a 'cheap' sandwich. Grapes are also a good 'car food'. Ummmm. I'll have to think some more on that these.

Gonna run. You all have a great night.

"Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be." - Grandma Moses
Old 09-27-2001, 07:39 PM   #17  

I'm so pleased to see new faces -- and happier still to see old friends comin' back. What a great day!

Today my family and I went hiking -- we did a 5.8 mile round trip hike along one of the sections of the Appalachian Trail in the Smoky Mountains. We brought Subway subs for lunch and soft fig cookies (Newtons, maybe?) for snacks. We nearly (but not quite!) ran out of water. Its time to pick up another water bottle -- our hikes lengths and difficulties are just increasing all the time now. This is one of the most phenominally beautiful walks I've ever taken. It was a total "wow" all the way there and back. We turned back at the point where there was a new sign posted: "Campsite 24 closed due to aggressive bear activity in the area." Yikes!

Dinner was Taco Bell (steak soft tacos for me) and I'm in under points and exhausted! I don't think I could lift my arms long enough to bring food to my face tonight honestly.

So tomorrow we'll have the Oriental Beef Salad I've been looking forward to making; tonight its relaxing and whining about our aches and pains.

Tomorrow is weigh in. I'm feeling silly because I'm torn between wearing jeans and a t-shirt (what the weather seems to call for) and wearing my more standard minidress. The jeans actually weigh almost a pound more than my usual dress! (I sell jeans so I know what they weigh -- I wasn't actually strange enough to weigh them just to see )

Anyway - hope to drop by tomorrow. Y'all have a good night!!
Old 09-27-2001, 09:45 PM   #18  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Hi Everyone!

Just back from the pool and taking a well deserved sit-down. Went to WI yesterday. Lost the pound I gained last week. Phew!!

Went, with a friend, to north central Massachusetts on the weekend. The mountains were just beginning to show their autumn colors. It should be glorious there in another week. My friend is also my tracking partner and she and her dog were entered in a test that was held in a wildlife management area in Gardner, MA. She drew the first track and we spent the rest of the day hiking all over the hills going from test sight to test sight to watch the other competitors. This is like a very modified wilderness search and rescue test. It's geared to show the dog's ability to find a lost article by following a strangers path for about 1/4 mile and finding a glove that they gropped at the end of the track. There were several breeds you'd never expect to see doing anything like this in real life, a fox terrier, a beagle and my friends bearded collie.

We found a super restaurant on Sat. A lovely old Mill converted to an inn. Had salad and broccoli with zita in a white wine sauce. Yummy and not too high in points. I passed on the home made, pecan, sticky buns and had just a wonderful, fresh dinner roll. Mmmmm talking about it makes me want to drive the 5 hrs, back just for more.

I'ts great to see new faces in the group. Welcome Sue and Sherry. We try to support each other during our weight loss journey. We share our ups and downs and use the group to help each other stay on program and work towards our goals.

Linda: Are you enjoying Scotland and seeing your daughter?

Bunny: I admire your stamina. Hiking each week and going farther each time. Good for you. I know what you mean about clthes for meetings. It was cool here yesterday and I dug out thin slacks and a tee and froze rather than wear my heavy jeans LOL!

Melissa: Rereading your WW stuff is a good idea. I've done that when I've slipped a little and it does help me get back on track. I hate it when I have to change my sched. too. There was a fire at the Y and they had to close the pool for a week. I was about to try aquajogging in the tub if it hadn't reopened today. I missed it sooo much!

Lilac: Enjoy that trip across the Channel. This has to be a super time of year to spend some time in France. Hope you get to the wine country and can do some sampling.

The dryer is calling. Suit and towels must be dry. I'll try to visit again tomorrow.
Old 09-27-2001, 11:00 PM   #19  

Angry

Good evening everyone:

What a night! chased around the puppy(beagle). My new son-in law brought the dog with him from Virginia. He is only here for a little while until they get a place that allows pets(the dog not my son-in law).
Anyway, tonight he stole some food out of my neighbors hand, ran off with one of their kids shoes and had someones underwear on the front lawn.(I hope they are clean). Got my exercise in & vented on the phone to my daughter.

Had a pretty good day. What is it about work and food? They have more food brought in to share than at a convention. I really have to use a lot of self control. Had to calculate how many points in a half of a maple bar. But, stayed in my point range today. waaahhhwhoooo...

Slutbunny, where did you get that name? The only reason I ask is because my sisters nic name is Bunny. I hope noone calls you that in real life.

What do you all mean by the different weights on the bottom of your posts?

ttfn
Sherry
Old 09-28-2001, 08:00 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default Woohoo!! Friday!!

Hello ladies!

Everyone is back and posting and I got behind again!! Good to see so many back. It got quiet there for a few days.

I went to WI last night and got a big maintain. Which kind of irks me because my food has been so good for the last two weeks. I must not be getting enough water in. It seems my body is changing as clothes feel different and my body just feels different. However, the evil scale is not budging. I'm going to try to retain my focus and hang in there for the big loss (someday soon I hope!).

My sister and her family are in town for Nascar. I took a half-day off yesterday and we met our SIL down at Hallmark to shop in the employee store. Hallmark goodies at 50-90% off. WooHOO! I got some lovely things for our new house and a few christmas goodies.

After WI, we met them over at the fried chicken place. I don't have a clue as to how to begin to count that. But oooh, was it good.

Geri - I hope your friend is doing okay. A good person you are to be there for her. Get rid of those cookies!! Get your journal out. We had two people making milestones last night and both said that the key to their success was write, write, write it down. So easy yet so hard to want to do.

Sherry - I had to laugh about chasing the dog and the underwear. I laugh because I have a big dog puppy and he snatches socks or whatever he can and runs. They can be great exercise buddies. Our work is having goodie day today and fortunately it will be situated across the dept and not in sight. I think I can avoid it that way. The weights at the bottom are our starting weight/current weight/goal weight.

Sue - Welcome to the group. You've done great to lose 45.

Lilac - How's the cold? Mine is winding down which I am attributing by taking lots of echineacea (sp?). It seems to nip a cold in the bud. Are you off to France yet?

J-Ann - Your weekend sounds lovely. I would love to visit that area during the fall. And the tracking event sounds fun and lots of good exercise.

Bunny - Thanks for the recipe. Your hike sounds great too. Our weather is cooling off which inspires me to dig out my hiking boots and head for the conservation parks.

Melissa - Welcome back too. Its hard to stay OP when our routines change or just can't get a routine. But hang in there and find solutions to one change at a time. Soon you'll figure out how to make it work. I take peanut butter on toast to eat in the car sometimes. I've also made my own sausage mcmuffins with morningstar sausage. Good to eat on the run. Boiled eggs and fruit and a yogurt at my desk later on. Good luck!

I must run and get my butt to work. Hope I didn't miss anyone. Congratulations to everyone's losses and to everyone for hanging in there when it gets rough. Keep up all the great work and spirits. Remember, we must love ourselves as we are now so that this journey is a positive journey.

Take care!
Old 09-28-2001, 08:16 AM   #21  

Hey, guys! Today is weigh-in and we're about to take off for the morning but I wanted to try and re-build the habit of coming by and replying everyday. So here I am -- even with moisturizer still on my face!

J-ann -- our mountains are just beginning to show their colours too! It is beautiful. Everytime we drive down to the Smokys, the drive is more colourful. I think we're about a month away from blazing beauty here. I'm hoping we'll have tents by then because I want to go tent camping (a three day, two night hike) and walk along ridge lines and just look, ya know? Glad you're pool is open again. Routines are soooo important!

ssdiane -- my real name is Jenanne. Most folks call me Jen. Slutbunny is a nickname I aquired a few years back during the course of a conversation with a fella online regarding women, privacy and whether its necessary to "hide" your gender in order not to be targeted by weirdos. As we were talking, I said, "I'm not going to hide my gender to please someone else. I'll be known as jen, daphne, slutbunny or whatever the **** else I please, thankyouverymuch." A couple days later (for reasons too complicated to cover in a post, I think), I was required by the board manager to change my name from "Daphne" to something else. Recalling that conversation, I choose Slutbunny, and so its been ever since. A few folks use the name in "real life" but mostly not. It amuses me because the name really isn't a picture of who I am at all (I'm a Roman Catholic mom, married happily, and neither slut nor bunny like in the least). So it goes.

Determined to succeed -- WOW! How wonderful that your clothing are fitting differently!!! The evil-scale (I have one of those around here some weeks, too) doesn't know what its talkin' about. Your butts getting smaller, your arms are getting smaller, your tummys getting smaller -- that's real progress! I slid my own bottom into a pair of size 22 jeans that hadn't fit ever -- I bought them on spec a couple years ago and wasn't willing to give them away because I just knew I should fit them. Well, now I do! (Remind me of this chat if I come back today with a tale of maintaining or gaining... its easier to pep talk someone else than it is yourself, huh?)

No hiking today -- too busy, too achy. Hope you all have great on program days!!
Old 09-29-2001, 06:19 AM   #22  

Well, I have not been around much. I am not very well, and cant shake off this cold I have. It is now a cough on my chest. Several people I know have the same thing - it seems to go on for weeks.
Food has been ok but not my main focus. We will see what happens at WI on tuesday.
I enjoyed reading everyone's posts, and will catch up individually next week when I feel a bit stronger.
love
lilac
Old 09-29-2001, 08:10 AM   #23  

Default Saturday!

Good morning,

Just dropping by for a quick post before I go to work for a couple of hours. After talking about write write write, I took my own advice and tried to realistically account for points at our big chicken dinner. That put me back into perspective and am planning low point days to offset. Without having done that, I might have slipped into overdo mode and then wondered how I could have gained. I also took the dog out for a big walk last night. I'm noticing that I am walking much faster and even jogged for three different blocks. Woohoo! Of course, I only do this in the dark so as not to humiliate myself.

Lilac - hope you get to feeling better soon. Its so hard to care about being OP when you're fighting a cold. Its a good time for low point hot soups. Take care!

Bunny - I've got several size 22 jeans that I've had stored away. I'm going to dig them out and check to see how far off I am from wearing them. That will be my guide more than the scale.

Must run so I can get back home to work on chores here.

Oh, I have to tell this. Some of you may remember, back in the spring we were going to be buying a house in the country. So I ordered trees and such. I got little twigs but planted them in pots anyway and some did come to life. I ordered scarlett maples. My little bitty trees are turning fall colors. They are soooo cute. Makes me smile every time I look at them.

Have a great OP day ladies! Be Strong!
Old 09-29-2001, 07:44 PM   #24  

Angry

Good Saturday Everyone!!

It is a glorious day today. I think it was a little too hot (85). I read a few talking about the fall colors. We do get a little of that & probably more since we are up by Mt Hood. Nothing like the East coast though. I would like to see all that color. My daughter & son-in-law also found a place to live that will take their dog & they will be moving in about two weeks so that means no more finding strange things in the yard.

I really need to reel myself in on the weekends. I am so good counting every point during the week. And then the weekend rolls around and we are so not on schedule & running all over that I eat not so good things on the run. Today it was TacoBell. Jezzzz.....But, will count the points & determine I can have nothing to eat tonight but lettuce .

Terri: I love your sausage McMuffin Idea. I will have to try it. I do miss the McDonald ones. Also, your trees sound beautiful. We have a few lace leaf maples that are nice. We also live in the country. If you like breakfast sausage I am going to submit one in the recipe section for Turkey & apple breakfast sausage. Has only 3 points. Great for breakfast with an egg.

Bunny: Sounds so nice where you are. How do you get all that energy for the hikes?. I even get a little winded on my walks. One reason for the weight loss effort.

Lilac: Hope you are feeling better soon. Being sick does really zap the energy out of you. Wrap a big blanket around you and watch some classic old movies. You will probably have a good weight loss.

Wishing everyone a good evening.

Sherry
272/269/under 200
Old 09-29-2001, 08:00 PM   #25  

Sherry -- my husband and I have wanted to walk the entire 2100+ mile Applachian trail for several years now. So -- we've always been walkers. We try to do at least 15 miels a week -- and most weeks we make it to 20 miles. When I started, I was winded walkin' from the bathroom to my bed. Now I can hike 6 miles or more and be okay (though I am often winded during the walk, ya know?). You build up to it. Plus we do live in paradise, so we have incentive to get out and walk. I've never walked in Oregon -- though we hope to make a family trip out your way one summer for hiking. It looks so beautiful in the magazines I've seen.

Terri -- Your trees sound just darling! How cute!! The leaves here are finally beginning to change -- we're probably a month or so away from truly magnificent colour. We've already planning our "fall colour" hikes.

Lilac -- I'll be wish healthiness for you this weekend then. Take care of yourself -- and I'm looking forward to your full-humoured return.

Today was a shopping day and work day. Found some neat stuff in the retro-gaming field (for my husband) and even a couple cute bras. Here's a cool thing: as of today my bras are slipping off my shoulder no matter what I do. I think think that what I need to do it change the band size to the next one smaller. I'll found out as soon as I have time to play with inventory. Fun fun fun!!!
Old 09-30-2001, 04:24 PM   #26  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi ladies! Food is crappy. I have not been able to get it together this week at all. Tomorrow is a new day.

The weather is wonderful here. Low 70's. I could live with this year round. I love the windows open and sleeping at night has been heavenly.

Gotta run. Mom's coming over for dinner tonight because my youngest heads back to school on Tuesday. Have a good one.

The great thing about getting older is that you don't lose all the other ages you've been. " - Madeline L'Engle
Old 09-30-2001, 07:39 PM   #27  

Default Good Sunday evening!

Its been a crazy weekend. I headed off to work yesterday AM only to find a message from DH that his mom was in the hospital with pneumonia. So I worked some and went for a quick visit. Then my sis and her family are in town for Nascar so met them for the afternoon and evening. While we were getting ready to eat dinner, we got the call that his mom had taken a turn for the worse and moved to ICU. We left family to fend for them for a fast trip to the hospital. Looks like some new heart blockage so new meds for the poor old gal (she's 81) and then home in a few days. Whew.

Today I took the dog for a big walk in the woods. We have a conservation park nearby so I thought it was time to do something besides walk the neighborhood. What a workout. He was so excited. We tromped through the trails at a very fast pace; over tree logs, across creeks, along cliffs. Its the closest thing to Bunny's hikes as I'm going to get here at home. We hiked about an hour and both loved it.

So food hasn't been the best the last couple of days. Tomorrow's a new day. (Just call me Scarlett )

Sherry - I agree with Bunny. Start small with the walking and if you're consistent and persistent, before long you'll be up to hiking too. I started about 10 years ago and could barely make it around the block. Within a few months, I was walking volkswalk 10K walks. Those are very big in Oregon btw. But it got me hooked on hiking. I also have a very hard time keeping my act together on the weekend. I do more stupid eating then than any other time. I haven't figured out how to whip that bad habit yet.

Bunny - Its a great accomplishment when you can get into smaller underwear!! Are these new bras you buy or used? I'm going have to plan a trip to your area after hearing about all your hiking. Maybe next fall.

Geri - Hang in there, you'll get it together soon. Just don't give up completely.

I'm tired from the weekend so I think I'll go finish the night off being lazy in front of the TV for a change.

Have a great start of the week. Be strong!
Old 09-30-2001, 08:59 PM   #28  

Angry

I wish I had more time for a more in depth reply.

Sherry - you asked about the numbers at the bottom of our posts. For the most part they are:
Starting Weight
Current Weight
Goal Weight

They can be written in under your profile so you only need to edit them when the numbers change. It adds it to your signature.

Talk to you all later.
Melissa
Old 09-30-2001, 09:19 PM   #29  

I think its time for a new thread so...

DON'T POST HERE. Look for:

Counting down from 250 and above - Sept. 30 downward

Closed Thread