Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 10:48 AM   #1  
girlsrul

Thumbs up Starting WW Wednesday!

For the first time in a ling time I'm excited about MYSELF. I hope that I find the inspiration and education I need to lose the flab and look fab!
I read some of the WW website this weekend and I think that the point system is the way to go for me over the core. Any suggestions from some of you that have done it which you prefer? I'll take any advice I can get! Thanks
Old 08-22-2006, 10:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 166.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'8"

I love WW!

I'm on week 5 right now. The meetings are fun and inspirational. Plus, getting weighed in REALLY keeps me accountable for my actions.

I chose the point system too. I have lots of family events going on and 3 step kids...I'm going to eat cake at Birthday parties and have a hot dog and BBQs....that's life! So, I just keep track of the points I "spend" and never feel like I'm "cheating".
Old 08-22-2006, 11:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 262.2/243.4/150

Height: 5'7"

Good for you on deciding to join WW! I have been going for 5 weeks and love it! I do Flex because I like that I can eat anything I want. If I'm making something for dinner for the family that I want or we get pizza, I can have some. I do make really good choices during the day if I know there is a high point food I want to eat for dinner. I've lost 13.8 pounds so it's working!

I did have a little trouble at first getting my mind to wrap around the whole counting of points. I wanted to go below my set point because I thought that if I could lose weight on 30 points, I would do better if I cut it down to 26 or 28 points. I didn't want to use any flex points and I wouldn't count AP. After not losing much 2 weeks in a row and reading where everyone says you must eat all your points, I started following the plan exactly and I had a better loss this week.

This is a great program if you trust in it! Good luck!
Old 08-22-2006, 02:42 PM   #4  
cheenamom

S/C/G: 249.8/196.2/150

Height: 5ft.4in.

i have been doing ww this time for 9mos....i have lost 55lbs as of todays weigh- in... i do flex and immerse myself with anything that helps with weightloss...magazines, website,anything i can get my hands on...focus on yourself and really believe that you can do it!!! best of luck to all!
Old 08-22-2006, 06:04 PM   #5  
banned

hi holly!
im on week 7......
Old 08-23-2006, 08:02 AM   #6  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Today is the day, WELCOME!!!
I have been on and off WW for a few years now, and it it a great program that you should feel very comfortable with, I should have never left the program in thew first place and am glad to be back in it, as yo yo diets proved very detrimental to me This way of eating is the only one I found that allows me to eat foods I actually like and feel good about doing it , Have a wonderful first day
Old 08-23-2006, 12:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 235/235/185

Default I'm starting WW today too!!

I'm starting another diet again today! i am excited and frustrated at the same time. I pray that I can stick with it and change my lifestyle. I joined the forum today for additional support. Good Luck!
Old 08-23-2006, 10:30 PM   #8  
Butterfly Within

S/C/G: 198/184/145

Height: 5`7

Hey! I started back on WW Today too!..lol i`m going it alone no meetings.. so i`m glad i found u guys! i was doing slimfast for a long time and ..decided i`d rather my 2 daughters ages 12 yrs & 6 yrs old see me eat "Real Food" instead of a bar and coffee.. today is also my first day without coffee..ick..lol
i have a headache..but i`m going to try and do without.
good luck to everyone!
Old 08-24-2006, 08:27 AM   #9  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Moodymom, stick with it and in a couple days you won't even miss the coffee! I'm a tea-aholic (iced tea, with sugar that is) and I cold turkeyed it on August 8th. Now I don't miss it at all! Replace your coffee with some of the water you need to drink everyday, and you'll feel great in no time! Good luck!
Old 08-24-2006, 03:49 PM   #10  
girlsrul

There is no way I can go without caffeine, ,does it really affect your weight loss that much? I thought that caffeine in moderation boosted your metabolism! Coffee is zero points and so is diet soda, Thank God.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:34 AM   #11  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Had weigh in last night, and was down another pound
It feels SO good to do this program again, Hope everyone else has a great weigh in this week too
Old 08-25-2006, 09:32 PM   #12  
girlsrul

WTG Christian!
I hope that at my first weight in that I have lost something. I feel like on this flex plan I really haven't been hungry yet, but 2 of my 3 days I didn't quite eat all my points that I should have. It was close though. This doesn't even feel like I'm dieting (yet). I shouldn't say that, the weekend is coming up.

How is everyone else doing with their first few days?
Closed Thread