Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2001, 11:53 AM   #1  
down - down - down

Default What happens when I reach goal?

I am a long way from goal, but am curious how the WW program works at that stage. Do I increase my points? Do I stay on the points value I'm at?

Thanks for any feedback?
Old 08-28-2001, 12:19 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

You'll start by adding 4 points to your range. If at the next weigh in you have gained you decrease your points by 1 or 2 and if you still lost you'll increase your points by another 1 or 2. You'll keep playing like this until you are no longer gaining or losing.
Old 08-28-2001, 03:36 PM   #3  
imaleader

You also become a "non-paying" member of WW so that as long as your weight is not more than 2 lbs above your designated goal wt, your attendance is free. You can come to as many meetings as you wish, but are required to come to one meeting a month to weigh in (it's good to do this -- it keeps you honest, on program, and "in check".) some lifers even attend weekly -- and have great success doing that.

Should you sway (and we hope you never do) causing you to gain weight back, you pay for your meetings until you get back to goal, and are free again. You never have to REJOIN should that be the case... God Forbid. Good luck and keep your journey on a road that works for you. Regards, R

Old 08-28-2001, 04:18 PM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

Just to clarify imaleader you only become free after you pay for your 6 weeks of 'maintenance.'
Old 08-30-2001, 04:25 PM   #5  
CIN

Marie,
You are declared at goal.given an award and maintenance book and then you weigh and pay for 6 more weeks.at the end of the 6 weeks if you have remained within two punds of your goal you become a Lifetime Member of WWers. During maintenance points will be added gradually to determine just how many points you can eat and still maintain.

As a LT mbr.you are required to weigh once a month.as long as it is within 2 pounds of your goal you are free!

Pretty cool..isnt it?

Go for it!

WW Cin
Old 08-30-2001, 04:41 PM   #6  
Pending Email Confirmation

Marie, I have just reached goal and just as was mentioned above I just fininshed paying for my sixth maintenance week. I intend to still go to weekly meetings because I feel as though I need the support.

Good luck to you.
Old 08-30-2001, 04:44 PM   #7  
imaleader

Default Thank you all

for clarifying... yes. after 6 weeks of maintenance.

And CONGRATULATIONS, ManOF, for reaching goal. It's a good decision to attend weekly -- because if you don't you end up doing program more weAkly! Good luck to you.

Old 08-30-2001, 07:51 PM   #8  

You forgot the most important thing! First, you CELEBRATE!!! (Not using food as a reward, of course!)
Old 08-31-2001, 09:32 AM   #9  
CIN

AMEN to that!

This morning while reading the obituary page..........it listed all the schools this woman had graduated from and it included the fact she was a Lifetime Member of Weight Watchers! I thought that was pretty neat because it is truly an accomplishment to be proud of!

WW Cin
Old 08-31-2001, 06:54 PM   #10  

Also, as long as you are weighing in once every month, you get all the current goodies they hand out. Program updates, anything being handed out. That's kind of nice.

I've read somewhere (the book Thin for Life??) that it is a good idea to attend your weight loss program in the maintenance phase for as many weeks that it takes you to lose the weight. Like Manofsteel is doing, I'll also be attending weekly. You can often form small groups of Lifers that are doing the same thing, if your meeting is big enough and you find like minded people. It also is excellent when your leader is supportive of Lifers that keep coming back.

I just returned to the land of lifetime for a second time. The first was before my baby (63 pounds) and last night,I reached lifetime agian,after losing the rest of my baby weight (25 pounds). I plan to be at Lifetime for a long, long time, espeically since I've given away ALL of my larger clothes

Well, good luck! Karen
Closed Thread