Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2001, 08:56 PM   #1  

Angry Goals to Reach by October 31

I have discovered that having goals gives me something to strive for and it is great when you can say you actually reached your goal. Many people have year end goals, but a shorter time period may be more helpful for some.

What personal goals would you like to set for yourself?

Here is my list of goals to reach by October 31:
1. Journal Everyday (So far I have done this and I don't want to fall off and forget to)
2. I would like to lose 15#. (It will get me closer to my next 10% target)
3. I would like to be at the gym 4-5 days a week.

I am sure there are others, but this is a good place to start. Please feel free to share your goals.

Melissa
Old 08-27-2001, 06:16 PM   #2  
down - down - down

Excellent topic Melissa.

1) I'm averaging a loss of 2.5 pounds per week right now so I want to lose another 22.5 pounds by October 31. This will put me well over my first 25%!

2) Increase physical activity. I'm walking lots right now, but want to get back into the gym or buy a bicycle. Something with more cardio.

Not grandious goals, but realistic goals.

Anybody else?
Old 08-28-2001, 11:05 AM   #3  

Hmm.. goals to end of October.....I would like to have it as a habit to be getting 30 minutes a day more activity by that time (from now), and I would like that to be 15 mins of walking (on top of what I do now.....which is about nothing so that should not be difficult), and the other 15 mins I would like to be doing something outside, like gardening, or tidying the garden, stacking logs, or even cycling on my bike.

So by the end of October I want it to be my habit that for 30 minutes a day I do activity.

How to reach that goal.....this sharing is useful. I will go out in the garden now for 15 minutes and do some weeding, so I will have started, and I will make a list of outside jobs that need doing.

Any one else?
Old 08-29-2001, 11:18 AM   #4  

Default Happy birthday Mel

I noticed it is your birthday today....have a good one!
Old 08-31-2001, 09:00 PM   #5  
Slimwithin

I'd like to lose 10 more pounds by the end of October. I lose so slowly, I think that is a realistic goal. More would be even better though.
Also, as mentioned in the daily thread, I really need to increase my physical activity. I'm leaving for Scotland on Sept 20th and there are so many things I want to be able to do while in Edinburgh. I hear that it's quite a climb just getting to the Edinburgh castle and then more climbing once in it and I'd hate to miss it so I really am going to start TOMORROW to increase my walking every day.
I also want to start using my weights again. I bought them after reading the book Fit Women Stay Young and only used them for about a month. I was feeling so much stronger but then I quit. That's another goal.
I'm already keeping my journal and I'm pretty good about trying new recipes to keep the program interesting. I should probably try to increase my water consumption though. Sometimes it's hard for me to get in the bare minimum.
Old 09-01-2001, 09:19 AM   #6  

Angry good ideas

It looks like we are all setting some good goals for ourselves. I know that setting a goal helps me realize what I want and what I need to do to get there. I wish us all the best of luck in reaching these goals. Please feel free to come and give us updates as to how you are doing - whether it be good or bad - and anything that might be getting in your way. Good luck and keep losing.

Melissa
Old 09-12-2001, 12:20 PM   #7  

Talking My Goals

My goals to from now till October 31st:

1.Journal everyday.

2.Walk at least 4 times per week.

3.Incorporate more veggies into my meals and mouth

4.Be patient with myself and understand it will take time!

5.DRINK MY WATER. (for some reason this seems the hardest)

Wow!! Now that felt good! To write out my goals and to also post them and share them. It makes them that much more real! What a great idea! Thank you, and good luck on your goals everyone!

Peace~
Old 09-12-2001, 12:47 PM   #8  

Smile

Hey everyone! Hope ya'll are doing ok. I know our nation is still recovering from yesterdays tradiagy, so many prayers going out to those affected personally. Well here are my goals

1- Lose my frist 25 lbs.
2- Walk 45 mins at least 5 times a week
3- Stay within my WW points.

Hope I can manage to do this. Have a great day
Old 09-14-2001, 11:56 AM   #9  

Angry

Hi, everyone! I am new and I weighting in at 225. My Goal is to lose 20lbs by Oct31st. It should be a good goal since I am just starting out. If I stick with it daily everyday it should be no problem. I am so glad I found you all, I think it will help to visit these boards daily to get support and motivation. Take Care
Old 09-15-2001, 07:23 PM   #10  
wonder mom

Angry

Hello,
I just love goals. I am one of those people who just live for the five pound stars and I showed my 10% key chain to EVERYONE. So a halloween goal... I want to be one size smaller and continue the weight training I just started. Goals are great but you need a reward.... I plan to get a new outfit in that smaller size and maybe a manicure to go with it.
Closed Thread