Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 05:08 PM   #16  
One more time!

Good Afternoon Y'all...

Nice to see some new faces around here, not that there is anything wrong with the old faces! LOL I have been running around like a chicken with her head chopped off lately. Between work and play, I have spent little time on the computer which is probably a good thing. I think sometimes I spend way too much time surfing the net! Trying to get a few things done before the full force of summer on the beach starts. This is my favorite time of the year....pretty quiet on the island with just a few of us "regulars" and not a lot of vacationing families. But in a few weeks all of that will change as the rental houses fill up with families. But it is also a time to try to fix all the things that go wrong with a house that is built on sand and battered with salt water all year. Fans get rusty, screen doors stick, boards warp, EVERYTHING need painting. The list goes on and on. But it is worth every minute of work to live here, that is for sure!
MTA... I think that you will find everyone here friendly and helpful. Sounds like you have the right mind set for sticking with the program. Let us know how we can help.
Rahkstar.....Happy dance for you and your 1.8# weight loss! Doing the happy dance for you! It feel nice I be on track again, I am sure.
Jeanne...I hate when I lose my posts too. It is very satisfying to get it all done and hit the submit and POOF, it is gone! Hope your back is feeling better and let us know what further test show.
Chrissy.... to you too. Sounds like you have a great attitude and congratulations on meeting the first 25# goal.
I am not sure how WI is going to go this weekend. Will just have to see. In all the craziness I have not tracked like I should, but being so busy will probably help. I will take any loss I can get! Hope you all have a great day. Later....GeeChee
Old 04-27-2006, 07:50 PM   #17  
n00b

S/C/G: 273/269/150

Height: 5'6"

honestly, that 3 pounds really messed with my head! i know it was just one minor setback, and i am back on track. but i'm still frustrated with myself. and honestly, astounded that i am capable of putting on 3 pounds in 6 days.

but i'm almost down a size. the 18's are still snug, but i'm going to be working on excersize this week, so that should help.

congrats to chrissy on your already impressive weight loss! WOW!

MTA - you are definitely moving right along. yay!

jeanne- sounds like the internet monster ate your post. i think it's in cahoots with the sock monster that eats one sock while they're in the dryer. it's a conspiracy, i tell you!

geech - busy busy busy as always! don't forget to take some time to BREATHE!

have a great week, y'all!
Old 04-27-2006, 07:51 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 248.6/249/135

Height: 5'2"ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne88
Chrissy,,,wow,,,199,,,under 200,,that has to make you very happy,,I know it would me,,,it's just a number but for some reason 199 feels so much better than 200 !!! good for you,,,
I must say it has been a wonderful feeling. And it was motivating too because I refuse to go back above 200.

GeeCheeGirl118...what can I say...I'm completely jealous. I'd love to live near ya, girl!!! Instead of stuck in the flat, hot plains of West Texas...lol...actually it's not as bad as it seems...it's home and I like it....however, I'd love to spend time over there....a lot of time.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:59 PM   #19  

Hello all!

I've been scarce lately, I know. I've been off work with a rotator cuff injury to my right sholder. Of course, I'm right handed, so that makes it awful! I'm afraid I'm so far behind at work I'll never get caught up. I'm having "female" surgery on Monday and will be off a week then too! And to top it off, our rental property - Don't know if I mentioned to mobile home from **** - but our new renter, who hasn't even paid a full month yet - was FIRED yesterday...she worked here with me.

Needless to say, stress levels remain high.

Congrats to the losers! Very happy for you. Frankly, I can't think about it right now. Hopefully, after my surgery, life will calm down for me and I can get back on track.

Love to you all! Take care and I'll be back - just will be a while.
Old 04-28-2006, 03:34 PM   #20  
One more time!

Good Afternoon y'all,

Sitting her chomping on my little singe serving of low fat popcorn so I thought I would check in to see how everyone is doing.

Chrissy....yes, it is wonderful to live here and right now I can't imagine ever living anywhere else! It is like the salt, sand and waves have become part of my soul and being and when we leave even for a week or so, I get so homesick. It is however a place that you have to try not to get too attached to, especially the last several years with all the hurricaines. It is like sitting on pins and needles in the fall, constantly watching the weather channel for storm development and tracking. The East coast has been lucky the last two years, but I just know that our turn is coming. Our house sits on a barrier island and quite honestly houses should not be built on them because they were meant to act as barriers for the coast. Houses have been on the this island since the 1700's however, so we are not the first generation of fools to live here! I have no illusions of ever "riding out" an hurricaine out here. I will be first one to head for the hills! I am sure there are some wonderful things about your hometown too. Home is where ever you make it!
Lilion my friend,...sorry to hear about your shoulder. When it rains, it pours sometimes for people. Take care of your shoulder and I sending good vibes for your surgery on Monday! Let us know how things go and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Well, I have flowers in my van to plant! I love this time of year. Better get going before the weekend starts in full earnest. On the agenda.....yeah, you guessed....Painting, painting and more painting! Have a good day everyone!
GeeChee
Old 04-30-2006, 12:45 PM   #21  

Hi Everyone

I hope you dont mind if I join you chicks, I am doing ww and have over 100 to lose, I am not new to here, have lurked many times, but decided to just jump in, and post. A little about myself I am a 43 year old wife and mother, I work full time, and am slowly watching the scale move near 300 it has to stop. I look forward to getting to know, all of you, Kim
Old 04-30-2006, 08:57 PM   #22  
n00b

S/C/G: 273/269/150

Height: 5'6"

hi, kim! welcome!
Old 05-02-2006, 12:40 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 248.6/249/135

Height: 5'2"ish

Hello Everyone! I hope today is as beautiful were you are as it is here in good ol' Lubbock, Texas. The sun is shining and the wind's blowing just enough to not be annoying. Everything's greening up and I can't even smell the cows today. (I work near a farm with some cows...i can usually smell them )

I had a gain of .6lb on Sunday's WI...I was bummed about it but now I'm feeling good. I've made a plan....I'm gonna shake things up again. Gotta get fired up about my WL again. Like when I first started.

Any ideas?
Old 05-03-2006, 03:02 PM   #24  
DNR
Determined Woman

Default Weigh-In

How is everyone doing this week - hopefully good!!

I had a 1.8 lb loss this week for a total of 44.2 - I'm pushing towards that 50 lb goal - can't wait. That would be 200 sticks of butter. That really sounds good.

DNR
Old 05-23-2006, 04:51 PM   #25  

Hi everyone! My name is Christy and I'm new to this group but I would love to stick around if you all will let me lol. I'm 25 and I live in Odessa, Tx. I've been on 3FC since Nov. of last year and started WW in Jan. I've lost 39 pounds but I want to loose 100+. I have another thread that I go to for weigh in's on Tuesdays but it's nice to see other people needing to lose 100+ lol. Anywho I'll stop rambling but I will talk to ya'll later!
Closed Thread