Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2001, 04:16 PM   #1  

Wink Newbie! Start: 288 (5'6") Goal: 150 SUPPORT WELCOME!

Name: Sonia ("Portlandia")
Height: 5'6"
Current: 288
Goal: 150

Background: Overweight entire life; 200 lbs. by age 12.

Mentally started: 2 weeks ago
Physically started: This week on Wednesday, July 18, 2001]

Favorite WL website: www.onefatman.com

Plan:
* 75% mental, 25% physical; using Tony Robbins' "Get the Edge" program to make lasting changes
* Exercise everday for at least 20 minutes (Started Leslie Sansone's walking tapes)
* Eating WW points
* Weekly progress goals

-----

Hello all! I'm so excited to be here with so many positive DOers. As you can see, I have 138 lbs. to lose so I can use all the encouragement I can get. Thank goodness for places of support!

This week is the first time I've intentionally exercised in years. I'm so excited. I am at level 1 (1 mile each day, 18 minutes) of Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds tapes. What an improvement on the way I feel! My body doesn't ache as much and the fatigue has decreased incredibly. I have more energy than I'm used to. Even my spirits feel lifted.

Because the tape is so gentle and easy, I beleive I can achieve a goal of exercising each day. (I've never considered such a thing!) Once I make it to the one month mark, I will prove to myself that I'm as serious as a heart attack.

So I've started the exercise, next I will make more food changes. Food planning is a big one for me because I rarely shop for food or cook. *audience gasps* Most of my calorie/fat intake is from fast food -- a rememdy I will quickly treat.

A few weeks ago I joined WW to get the information. Instead of going to meetings, I hope to get the support I need here. (Hey, $50 a month is $50 a month. Being a single parent, I don't mind seeking out FREE support. *wink*) Food goals next week.

Okee doke, I think that oughtta 'bout do it. I'm looking forward to sharing with each of you! Thanks for reading!

Sonia
Old 07-20-2001, 07:55 PM   #2  

I enjoy Leslie Sansone's Walk Aerobics videos -- haven't tried the one you mention in your posting. We vary them -- between the 15 minute, 30 minute, and 40 minute tapes -- and both my 10 and 13 year old daughters join me.

Nice to meetcha!
Old 07-23-2001, 10:17 AM   #3  
Makin_it

Welcome Sonia,

Well you sure have done a great deal of research. WAY TO GO. The exercise program sounds great and I'm sure you will see results quickly. I usually post at the 250 board and you may want to check it out. There are a great bunch of folks there that will give you all the support you might need and would love to have input from another angle.

I also have been heavy my entire life, have had many short term successes but this time it's lifestyle changes I'm aiming for and it's working, with lots of support it is easier especially during the challenging periods.

Well good luck on your journey, I know you can do it. Post often and visit some of the other posts.

Brenda
430/326/170 in 2002
Old 07-23-2001, 07:33 PM   #4  

Default Canadian...

Where is the 250 club and what is it about? Is it for people who weigh over 250 lbs??

Thanks for your reply!

Sonia
Old 07-24-2001, 08:35 AM   #5  

Welcome Portlandia!!

You are certainly off to a great start. I especially liked the fact that you have two start dates - one mentally and one physically. Shows how true it is that a person has to be "ready" to do it. It's about that "click" in your head that gets a person started.

I started (again) at home this time. I had lost 20 pounds and have been hovering for some time now. Lost the ol' motivation. That is not unlike me, however. If someone could bottle it, I'd buy it.

You are going to love it here.

2oM (Annie)
Old 07-24-2001, 08:46 AM   #6  
Makin_it

Sonia...

It's under the WW 100 board, there is a thread call countdown to 250. It's for anyone working there way to 250 pounds. It's a great place to visit. Just click on that thread and read the posts and submit one of your own in there. You'll love it.

Brenda
Old 07-24-2001, 10:44 AM   #7  

Default Thanks, Brenda!

I'm on my way...

Thanks again!

Sonia
Closed Thread