Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2001, 10:00 PM   #1  

Angry Not Going To Waste My $9.95

Hello everyone

My name is Shelley and I am on my 7 th week of WW. So far to this day I have lost just 2.2 pounds. I have been going and not really doing the program not faithfully anyways. I would still eat what I wanted and ect...
I am to a point finally where I said I will no more pay my 9.95 and not do the program. So I went last night and stayed the same and spoke to the leader of our local WW. I think I can honestly say my life beginning today will change forever. !!!!!! I stuck to the points and went under today. I walked for 30 minutes and feel like this is the plan for me. I had my eight glasses of water and feel good about my food choices i have made today.
Of this my first day of the rest of my life and the beginning of a journey I ask you to give me any advice or encouragement I may need . I have a long struggle ahead of me . I wiegh today at 262.2 and I need to weigh about 150-170 so about 70-100 pounds to loose

Shelley
Old 07-18-2001, 11:39 PM   #2  

Shelley, you can do this AND be succesful at it if you just work the program...it sounds like you are now committed to do so!

If you aren't going to bother following the program, don't waste your money....I'm glad you talked to your leader today, it sounds like she gave you some great advice! d
Old 07-19-2001, 12:47 AM   #3  

Shelley-
I'm so glad that you decided to rededicate yourself to the plan. I can honestly say that if you follow it , it will change your life. I, too, had a lot to lose(130.8) and I did it.

Here are some tips I can share with you from my journey. Be your own biggest supporter. No matter how you are feeling, tell yourself that you can do it, because you can. Always remember the excitement that you felt today after staying within your points and walking.
Make a game out of your losses. I always just tried for the next 5lbs. or my next 10%. That way, you always have a mini goal to strive for and you can always see that you are accomplishing something.
Always have a plan. Plan out your days so you know what you're going to eat. Have those things in the house so your not tempted to get something "easier" and less healthy. Keep in mind that the things that may be tempting you will always be around. So, you don't have to have it that minute. Plan for it another time.
Make friends at your meetings. If you feel like people are looking out for you, you'll be less tempted to dismiss going to meetings. Other members are also offer a wealth of information.

Please add me to the list of people who know that you can do it.

If you ever need anything, please let us know.

Yesterday I dared to struggle.
Today I dare to win.-Bernadette Devlin

Ann
271.8/141
Old 07-19-2001, 07:59 AM   #4  

Thanks for the tips . they are much appreciated.
Today is my Birthday I am 32 today. Oh how I hate to grow older. Ha Ha.
What to give myself today than a day of healthy choices right . The best birthday present ever huh..........
I love to stay for my meetings and always make sure I do hopefully next Tuesday I will get my 5 pound bookmark

See Ya Later

Shelley
Old 07-19-2001, 09:21 AM   #5  

Default It isn't what you do, it is what you do next!

Shelly -

It sounds like your outlook has taken a definite turn for the better.

Print out this post and hang it on a wall or carry it in your wallet to 'boost' you up when things get a little rough!

Carole
289.6/286.4/150
Old 07-19-2001, 10:11 AM   #6  

Smile

Shelly - glad to read that you realized you have to work at the program in order for it to work for you. Stay focused, journal, enjoy the food you eat, and in no time you will be thinner and certainly much healthier. These boards have been a life saver for most of us, especially when we struggle. All the best to you.
Old 07-19-2001, 11:23 AM   #7  

Congratulations on learning you have to work the plan...just paying the money doesn't cause weight loss. You can do this, I lost 195 pounds with WW and it is not a short process, but you didn't gain 100 pounds overnight either.

Please keep posting, we're here to help you and you can help others.
Old 07-19-2001, 02:15 PM   #8  
Senior Tortoise

Way to go, Shelley!

And Ann, thank you so much for posting and for your suggestions. I started at roughly where you did, and I need to end up where you are. And so often I just feel it'll never happen. I've been at this, off and on now, for three years. Because I've taken so many detours, I still have a long ways to go. Seeing your post was so heartening to me.

--Lauren
279/223.6/down
Old 07-19-2001, 04:43 PM   #9  

Shelly hang in there. I always "hated" those people who took to the program so quickly - grrrrr - and moped about my lack of weight loss. It took a while to get to where your are now. That I can be my own best friend or worst enemy. While I didn't need to lose as much as Ann and others. For me 30 lbs was like 100. It took me almost a year to get it off and keep it off.

Since Nov. after 3 years at goal I put back 14 lbs. Starting in April I "tried" to take it off. Two months later I had put on another lb.! Finally in late June my WW leader gave us a 12 Week Journal Challenge, which I started, but it wasn't until I posted online both daily and weekly that I really started to see results. I needed more than just a once a week meeting to keep me focused.

Anyone interested...Check out under Lifetime/Maintenence - Daily tracking and 12 Week Challenge and join the fun and support. You do not need to be lifetime at all.

Patch 160 / 135 goal / 130 ideal / currently 136.8 and losing
Closed Thread