Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 02:58 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 378/363/150

Height: 5'3"

I've been MIA for a week or so but things are slowing down so I'm back!

Alrighty, first things first. My list of five things:

1. Not be the fattest/heaviest girl in the room, in my group of friends or in my family.
2. Not have to worry about clothes being long enough to cover my big belly.
3. Be able to comfortably play on the floor and jump around with my kids.
4. Run a marathon (this was also on someone else's list I noticed so I'm glad I'm not the only fat girl that wishes for this!).
5. Actually ENJOYING my body and the way it moves, how it feels, and what it looks like. This includes not feeling tired every second of the day, not feeling like if I get on the floor I'll never get up AND, hey, let's face it, it would be fun if I wouldn't lug around my girth and be able to be carried into the bedroom by my husband AND have a crazy wild night without a big belly getting in the way!!

On to other things. I am doing all right but not down a single shred of anything. Still working at it though.

Keep up the great work ladies!!!!

Last edited by sugarkube; 02-01-2006 at 04:06 PM.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:20 PM   #32  

Smile lost!!!!!

I lost 2 more pounds, weighed in last night, had a good meeting we exchanged our favorite day of food, got some really good ideas. I had not been eating eggs since starting to diet, but am going to have them now only 2 points each, not to bad. Everyone is doing great!!!

Love those lists, I for one will never weigh less than my husband, he's a bean pole lol. I agree with the shopping anywhere, I would like to have the sales lady say what can I help you find, not we don't carry clothes in your size!!!!
Keep up the good work everyone and welcome to all our new posters!!!

raynette aka boxerdawg
Old 02-01-2006, 10:14 PM   #33  
One more time!

Evening Y'all,

Raynette...Congratulations onf the 2# loss. Sounds like you had a great meeting. We shared ideas at our meeting too and the one that was the most unusual was that someone had for breakfast a very large salad! She put at least three to four servings of vegtables in her salad so in the morning she had met at least that many servings of vegetables! Now I give that woman credit. But the idea of eating a salad for breakfast is something I don't think that I could do!

Sugarkube...welcome back! I laughed at your list! My friend who lost 100# swears that "having a wild night with her husband " has never been better since she lost weight! Maybe that alone should be motivation for losing!

DNR....Congratulations of that 1.4! Almost to your 25# mark....you rock!!

Jeannie...snow...you have snow? What part of the country are you from? It has been a wonderful winter for us. Right now at 10:06 p.m. it is 66 degrees out side! I am not complaining at all!

Lilion.....well back from fajita wednesday. I managed to do ok...my husband and I split a chicken fajita and looking up points on dotti's sight, it looks like I did better than I expected on points. So that is good for me! My husband and I split alot of orders when we go out..portions are really big anymore and it seems wasteful to throw all that food away. Congratulations on meeting your goal early!

As for me...got our refrigerator working again. My husband made the comment today, that having it broken sure cut down his trips to the kitchen to look for something to eat in the refrigerator. That probably is a good thing! But it is sure nice to have it again. After a week for it being broken, I guess I will have to go to the store to fill it back up! Have a good night everyone!

GeeChee
Old 02-02-2006, 11:48 AM   #34  

Talking

Greetings!

Well, I ended my day at 32 pts yesterday, but when you consider I ended lunch at 28, that isn't too surprizing! Luckily, at dinner I was still full from lunch, so I had 0 point soup and a sandwich and a muffin. Made these great "harvest muffins", 1 pt each! (Well, 1.5 since I never get as many as the recipe thinks I will!)

On the "wild night with hubby" topic...I have to admit, losing weight is a BIG+++ there! I told DH the other night how much better everything "fits" now...not to mention what it does for stamina!

GeeChee: Isn't it amazing how big restaurant portions look now? I can't remember the last time I cleaned my plate at a restaurant! DH and I usually split what we get...or we end up with go boxes, that's for sure! My favorite place we've split a meal so far was Olive Garden. I just really wanted the Tuscan Chicken last time we went...months ago!...and we told them to just bring two plates. They actually split the meal in the kitchen for us. Since the entree came with two pieces of chicken, we each got one, a small serving of pasta and lots of veggies. How nice is that?

Well, off again for now! Have a happy, healthy OP day everyone!
Old 02-02-2006, 03:03 PM   #35  
4 His Glory!

S/C/G: 352/344/???

Talking Newbie Here!

Hello all,

I am new to 3fatchicks.com. I have goo gobs of weight to lose, but I have set my initial goal at 35 pounds. I started Weight Watchers last week and have my first weigh in today. When I reach my final goal, here are the five things I look forward to doing:

1. Walking, dancing, jogging, running without having to take a "gotta catch my breath" break.

2. Not buying Super Sized or Women's Extended clothing.

3. Wearing all the sexy, high-heeled shoes my little heart desires. I wear some now, but they don't make many in size 12.

4. Sitting in a booth at a restuarant without worrying about whether I will fit in it or who is watching me squeeze myself in it.

5. Not hearing the insensitive, idiot-brained comments like "You are too pretty to be so fat," "Have you ever thought about losing weight, cause you're really cute," or "I don't think I could move around if I were as big as you." And yes, I have actually had people to say these exact things to me and many other stupid comments. See what you all have started . . . There is one more that made my blood boil! "Oh my, you are so fat." My response was something like, "Wow, thanks for letting me know; I had no idea."
Old 02-02-2006, 07:25 PM   #36  
Paula

Good evening all, I haven't been able to post much this week but my vacation has come to and end so i should be back on track with WW, the gym and posts. I did go to my weigh in today and actually lost a 1/2 pound. I was shocked! I really thought I would have gained. Oh well, back to work tomorrow night and back to seriously following the core plan. I am going to the gym in a little while so that will help too. I hope you all have a good evening.
Welcome melodious1, this is a great place to visit. Everyone is very friendly and helpful.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:10 PM   #37  

Hi girls! remember last week when i gained a pound. Well I lost it this week along with 3.2 more--yes 4.2lbs!!!!!I am pumped!! That brings my lost to 7 lbs so my goal of 10 gone before the end of february is looking good. Everyone is so great to read, welcome to the newbie. i am so tired today,i did a two night cpr course and of corse am a homedaycare provider during the day plus my three and tonight I have my girlfriends three boys! and my brother's two dogs. i think I deserve to be tired. Didn't have a great food day, but I usually buy chips on WI night, but didn't so I think i am okay for today. Back at 'er tomorrow.
have a great night and welcome to the weekend!
Old 02-03-2006, 10:27 AM   #38  

Hey everyone!

Saskbabe!
A big WOO HOO to you! Great Loss...you deserve a slightly obscene carrot!

I went out to dinner last night and threw WW right out the window! And I enjoyed every bite! I was tired and grumpy and hungry and so DH and I went to our favorite Mexican place and split an order of fajitas (and a couple of baskets of chips.) I'm back on track today though and have accounted for every point going in my mouth...even the single chocolate-dipped strawberry I had. They are having a snack-day for a co-worker who is leaving and I am not participating...although I am sitting here smelling the rotel dip!

Must run. No time to chit-chat at the moment. But hope you all have a happy, healthy OP day!

Last edited by Lilion; 02-03-2006 at 10:33 AM.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:51 PM   #39  
One more time!

Good Friday Afternoon y'all,

Well, I sat down and wrote a nice long reply to everyone, hit the wrong button and the whole thing disappeared! So I am going to try again.

Just back from the grocery store. After a week without a refrigerator, it has been more than two weeks since I have gone. I took my pointfinder and use it as I bought stuff for the week. Hopefully this will keep me on track for the coming week!

Lilion.....ok, splitting a fajita is not too bad.... but those darn chips get me into trouble every time! But you are back on track today so that is just awesome....so depite everything, I say WhooHoo for you

Saskbabe..you make me with all those kids! YOu have must have the patience of a saint to take care of all those young'ems! WhooHoo to you to for that awesome loss! I am doing the happy dance for you too!

Meledious1 Glad to have you on board. Post often and lets get to know you!

Nurseinnc....a loss while you were on vacation and with family too. That is great! The combination usually does me in for a gain, not a loss!

Well, better scoot. My one daughter left in January to go back to college and I have still not washed her sheets or straightened up her room. And today is the day! Have a great Friday.

GeeChee...beautiful place, beautiful faces..............................
Old 02-03-2006, 02:58 PM   #40  
One more time!

I thought I would copy and paste this as a reminder to everyone that the site is changing forums. This was the announcement made on the adminstrator's thread:

Many of you have noticed a variety of technical problems since the beginning of January. This is due to increased traffic, sometimes as high as 2,000,000 hits per day! We love the new traffic, but our current dedicated server has had problems keeping up with us. We're moving to a more powerful server which should carry us through without any more errors.

How will this affect you? During our move, you may have problems reaching 3FC, and may even think we're gone. But don't worry, we'll be back up within a couple of days, or even hours! We'll close the forum and journals on the old server, so if you get a closed message, this means you are accessing the old server. Your internet provider must update their DNS records before going to www.3fatchicks.com will take you to the new server. Some internet providers will update their DNS within a few hours, so you'll barely miss us. Other internet providers are considerably slower and may take several days. Most of you will be back within one day. If anyone is curious about this process, this page provides a great explanation of domains and how you reach them.

When will we do this? We've ordered the new server and have several things we must do before we can make the move. We hope we will be able to move this weekend, preferably beginning after midnight Friday night.

So go check out a good diet book from the library, or buy a new exercise DVD to stay busy during the move, and we'll all come back with new energy, speed, and motivation to start the new month right

Ok, if I don't get back to this site, I will see you all on the new one! Have a great weekend!

GeeChee
Old 02-03-2006, 04:34 PM   #41  

Talking

Melodious1 I feel awful that I didn't Welcome you! I'm new to the WW boards, but not to 3fc...there are really nice ladies here! I'm sure you'll fit right in!

GeeChee I know the fajitas won't actually hurt the old diet...I've done this many times before in the last year. If I couldn't just say "The Heck with it!" and go eat what I want every once in a while, I couldn't do this! I absolutly couldn't ever lose weight if it meant I'd never again taste fajitas or alfredo sauce or Ben & Jerry's! I just know now that it has to be a rare treat...instead of my usual choice!

I just won a PIZZA! Just what I need.... Called a radio station contest on a lark and actually was the 7th caller... Oh well, I can pick up the gift cert. any time in the next 30 days ... guess I know what my next rare treat will be!

To all you wonderful ladies...May you do well this weekend! If I didn't say it before - to all the losers! Stay the course and we'll see you again next week when 3fc returns...better than ever!
Old 02-05-2006, 11:46 AM   #42  
One more time!

Hey y'all...

I started a new thread! Come join up on thread #3!

GeeChee
Closed Thread