Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 09:03 AM   #1  
If at first you don't...

Default January Weigh-In's

Good morning everyone! Recently jagmom3 made a suggestion that we have a weekly praise-athon which got me looking through back posts and it appears that in the past there was a monthly thread for Weigh-In's but nothing since November. Soooo....

I hope ya'll will join me by posting your successes and woes of January. That way we can share our ideas/suggestions and encourage each other through our weight loss journey!!
Old 01-15-2006, 09:19 AM   #2  
If at first you don't...

I just finished my second week and I am happy to report that I lost 5.2 this week! I'm doing great, but I didn't lose as much during the first two weeks OP as I would have in the past (normally I lose around 20 lbs because I retain so much water). But I'm ecstatic with my 13 lbs because it is more than I thought I'd lose with the medication I am taking!!!

I know that exercise contributed to my weight loss - I started out with 30 minutes a day and now I'm up to 45 minutes a day. By the end of January I want to be putting in an hour a day. Food wise I'm managing to keep OP for the most part - but I did have one day where I craved Chinese so I went out an ate Chinese. I still managed to stay OP with my points because I ate a lot of zero point veggies (celery, green peppers and cabbage with a few baby carrots thrown in) during the day and then when I got to the resturant I immediately took half of it off my plate. And to make sure I didn't slip up, I gave the other half to one of my friends 'cause I know I would have caved and eaten it when I got home!

Good luck to everyone this week! If we try, really try we can do this. And if we hit a bump in the road we'll just have to pick ourselves up and move forward!
Old 01-22-2006, 01:59 PM   #3  
If at first you don't...

Ok, maybe I'm the only one that likes to brag and whine about weight loss and/or weight gains! But that's ok...for now anyway!

I lost 4.8 this week!! That's a total of 18 lbs in 3 weeks. Most of it was fluid (I can now see the bones in my feet again!!!) so it will start slowing down now - but that's ok.

Hope to see some other people posting to this thread soon!
Old 01-22-2006, 02:34 PM   #4  

Hi there! I weigh on Wednesdays...but I'll be sure to brag or whine then! As of last week I was at 73 lbs down from my start in Feb 05. I've had a couple small ups, but the downs have definately been more frequent! I'm looking forward to seeing when Wed. brings!
Old 01-22-2006, 02:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 378/363/150

Height: 5'3"

I'll jump in, even though I'm new!

I've been at it now for seven days and am down 6 pounds.

I usually lose TONS of weight in the beginning and then taper off but I am starting differently this time. I have not been drinking as much water as I should and actually my goal for this week is to get in at least 65 oz each day. Hurray! Six pounds gone forever!!
Old 01-22-2006, 09:22 PM   #6  
If at first you don't...

Yeah!

Lilion - you did great last year!! What an inspiration!! Can't wait to see you bragging on Wednesdays!!

Sugarkube - 6 lbs is wonderful!! If I had to pick one thing that is important to success it would be writing down/tracking what you eat. But if I had to pick two things it would be writing down/tracking what you eat and getting in your water!!

Good luck this week to both of you!
Old 01-24-2006, 09:46 PM   #7  

Talking HI Ya'll

Hi everybody!!! I weighed in tonight and am starting WW, again. A month ago I weighed 260, now 250. So I lost 10 lbs. on my own!!!!! I know it won't be this fast, much but it sure is nice to see my exercising pay off. Anyways, 250 is my official WW start. Everyone here is doing so great, keep up the good work.

Raynette aka boxerdawg
Old 01-25-2006, 07:40 PM   #8  
If at first you don't...

Woo Hoo!! What a little star you are going to be Raynette!!! Congratulations!!!
Old 01-25-2006, 07:44 PM   #9  

Can I brag even though my scale is not cooperating this week? I've stuck to my points and drank my water! I have been very active this week! I'm stalling going to a ww meeting because my scale doesn't show a change and i'm afraid i'll find that really disapointing! My clothes are deffinitely looser and people are noticing i'm losing weight! I FEEL GREAT! and i think that's what counts!
Old 01-25-2006, 08:05 PM   #10  
If at first you don't...

I agree Susie - how you feel is what counts! So congratulations on staying with your target points, drinking your water and being active!!! The lack of movement on the scale can be caused by many things so whatever you do, don't let it get you down. But you know what??? You'll get so much support and you'll learn so much if you go to the meeting that even if you maintain (or heaven forbid, gain!) you'll be glad you went when you do decide to go to a WW meeting.

Keep up the good work!!
Old 01-26-2006, 01:13 PM   #11  

Thumbs up Hi

Hi Susie, I agree with Melissa, and remember a muscle weighs more than fat, so you may have developed more muscle which shows up as less inches somewhere. keep up the good work, and always pat yourself on the back for exercising.
raynette
Old 01-26-2006, 01:20 PM   #12  
Kellygrl

Hi everyone! I am so proud of your successes.
I weigh in on Fridays...am nervous....always am right before. I have been really lazy this week. I am on week 3 of WW and have lost 9 pounds. It never fails that on Thursdays I always am so convinced that I have lost nothing and that the scale has to be wrong. My head....scary place.
Regardless, I will update you guys tomorrow.
Big hug.
Kelly
Old 01-26-2006, 08:24 PM   #13  
On Day at a Time

S/C/G: 293/293/165

Height: 6'

My weigh in was today and I'm happy to announce that I've lost 2.2 pounds. This came as somewhat of a surprise to me because the only exercise I did last week was yesterday. Don't worry, I'm not going to get in the habit of doing that.

Congrats to everyone else for their losses!! We are awesome!And to those who have to weigh in yet and skinny vibes to ya!

Hugs,

Sarah
Old 01-26-2006, 10:27 PM   #14  

Good Lord! I forgot to brag here and only bragged on the other thread!

Wednesday's WI showed 6 pounds off! I used to always weigh at my Dr.'s office and it's the one I started on, but I'm going to use the one in my office from now on, so I'm using 250.6 as the official weight.

But I went to the Dr. office just to see that 249!
Old 01-26-2006, 11:52 PM   #15  

good on ya!
Closed Thread