Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2001, 04:46 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default Countdown to 250...June 20 And Beyond

WELCOME to all who choose to stop here. We are a fun group providing support, encouragement and motivation. We hope you will sit a spell, grab a bottle of water and chat awhile. We would love to get to know you.

Last edited by thinthinker; 06-27-2001 at 10:59 PM.
Old 06-20-2001, 04:47 PM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi girls! It's been a busy day so far and it's not going to get much calmer either. I moved all of 'the baby's' stuff home from school today. He won't be home 'til Friday night or Saturday though. He has one more final to take tomorrow morning and there are a bunch of seniors in the Frat that are graduating and graduation is Friday so he wanted to stay 'til then.

Food has been good. I just had 2 apples on the road and I stopped and got a BK Broiler at Burger King (without mayo, of course). I took along a bottle of water so I was good to go.

I'm leaving in a little bit for a music survey. It's way across town and of course it's at 6:30 so I get caught in all the cross town rush hour traffic! ARGH!! But it pays $75.00 for about 2 hours so I'm not going to complain!

I'm gonna cut this short. I'll get back with you all later. If I don't leave now, I'll never make it across town. Talk to you all later.

"What you want to be eventually, you must be everyday. With practice, the quality of your deeds will get down to your soul." - Frank Crane
Old 06-20-2001, 06:39 PM   #3  
Thin Within

GOOD EVENING

This is great. I am still being OP and loving being in control and keeping my focus. All of you gals certainly help. Thank you one and all.

GERI Mind? We should mind that you start a new tread? No way! Thank you very much for doing it. Your grilled salmon made my mouth water. I am so glad it turned out well for your maiden attempt. Good planning to day with your food on the go. Isn't it wonderful what planning can do for a gal's program. Let us know how that music deal turns out. Hope you don't need to wear ear plugs.

BRENDA that piece of a pound that showed it's face will be gone in no time! It is good to take a look at what we have been doing in our program and make adjustments where necessary. When I reach my 10% I am going to request to start the books over from the beginning to maintain my focus.

CINDY You go girl. Put those days in a row! Feels good to be back in control doesn't it. Hope you chased down that fruit man today. We had to go into town and on the road there is a wonderful place to buy fresh fruit and veggies. We got some peaches, new potatoes and a chilled seedless watermellon. OH that mellon is so good. I was a good gal and cut some up in cubes and measured it before I stuck my fork into it and popped any in my mouth.

TERRI it is nice that where you work they have an employee appreciation day. They should appreciate an employee such as you. We are doin' this thing aren't we gal? Yep we can be proud of our progress and I to love the attitude this thread has taken on.

LIFE IS GOOD

Let's all keep the mo jo workin'

Maggie feelin' fine in Tennessee

Last edited by Maggie; 06-20-2001 at 06:43 PM.
Old 06-21-2001, 02:27 PM   #4  

Hi Ladies:

This isn't my "normal" thread, because first, I'm actually between 225 and 250; second, I've been only lurking through all the threads; third, who said I am normal????

I have been way off track for quite some time, so I don't want to bring everyone down. I think I'm actually on my way UP to 250. I just stopped in to say that you ladies have really "got it goin' on". You are all so upbeat and focused on staying on plan. I'm hoping it's contagious!!

Just want to say, Keep Up The Good Work!!

I'll be watching (and taking notes),

2oM (Annie)

Last edited by 2ofMe; 06-21-2001 at 02:33 PM.
Old 06-21-2001, 07:01 PM   #5  

Good Thursday everyone, it is a wonderful evening with cool (maybe cold) breezes. The rain has finally stopped and, since it is the longest day of the year and first day of summer, I am hoping that I will see the sun today before it has a chance to set. Oh, I am on an OP roll. Stayed OP yesterday and today is looking good. Have been keeping up with the journalling and drinking lots of water. I'm just taking it very slowly, one baby step at a time. I don't dare think that this process is a breeze. Taking things for granted sure got me in trouble the first time. Today, I had an apple as my snack of choice. The vendor was out of apricots, but maybe tomorrow? It really feels so good to be in control again and working with confidence toward my goal. You all pushed me to this point, you know? You all are so cool Okay, I'm going to cook some of those veges that I bought at the farmer's market on Tuesday and make a light supper. Happy first day of summer everyone. May we all have a great OP summer that is filled with fun. Cindy

Geri, how are you doing there? Hope that the cool pleasant breezes blow across the lake to you all in Michigan. Oh, you are making some fantastic food choices and staying OP. WTG Geri. What a great job you are doing. All of your activities are keeping you so busy that I'm sure that you are getting an aerobic workout, to boot. Hope that you are having a great day.

Maggie, I'm trying to piece together these OP days, one by one. If I make it today, it will be 4 in a row! Keep your fingers crossed. Sounds like you have some marvelous fresh fruit and veges in your area. I really like seedless watermelon. Mmmmmmm, now that just cries out, "summer." I bought some new potatoes too, but left them at the office because I had too much stuff to carry home. I have to bring them home tomorrow and not forget them in the office, over the weekend. Maggie, you keep up the fantastic job that you are doing OP. You're right my friend, the control feels great. Have a good one.

Terri and Brenda, hope that you are each having great OP days and are enjoying your first day of summer. When you have a chance, stop by and let us know how you are doing. Be well.

Annie, it was very nice to hear from you on this thread. We welcome you and encourage you to stop by. Thanks very much for your comments about the folks on this thread. I have to agree that these ladies here are just wonderful. As you might know, I had been going the "wrong way" on the scale for about 6 months and did not come back to the board until very recently (last week, to be exact). The support and encouragement that I have received here has been magical for me. I am starting to get my enthusiasm back. You are one smart lady because you are sticking with the program and the board and not hiding out (like I did for six months). I know that you will find you way again. Here's hoping that you have a great OP day.
Old 06-21-2001, 07:41 PM   #6  
Thin Within

GOOD EVENING COUNTDOWNERS

It has been a lovely first day of Summer here. We did get some rain but it happened when we were in town getting some plants to put along the hill beside the driveway. Got some Yucca and other things that don't mind abuse. You know, weather abuse. I had another OP day and am really, really enthused about losing weight. Looking forward to Monday's weigh in as never before.

ANNIE girl you are welcome to stop in anytime and stay awhile. We love to hear from you and such words of encouragement. Thank you dear for those. You know, I am planning on sticking around here on this thread even after I am down below 250. I like these gals that post here ~ we are family. You too can join us if you want.

CINDY you go girl! Such momentum you have now. In control and doin' it. Just doin' it! No mess, no fuss, just CONTROL & DETERMINATION. I have 3 points left from my 30 for the day today and I am going to spend them on watermelon later. I certainly never have any trouble getting in my fruits and veggies. Also my calcium..... I take a calcium/magnesium tablet which makes up for most of the milk and my smoothies do the rest. But I love fruit.

All ya'all have a wonderful OP evening.

Maggie sippin lots of ice water in Tennessee
Old 06-22-2001, 07:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default Hooray for Friday!

Good morning everyone,

Just a quick post, I'm running behind already.

I'm doing okay OP and on the Wendy plan. I did have one bad day on Wednesday. The employee appreciation forum got started late because of rain which meant it ended late. Two hours of sitting in those horrible plastic foldup chairs. No lumbar support at all. I thought I was going to have to lay down on the ground, my back hurt so badly. Then our free picnic lunch was delayed and the lines were horrible. So I ended up buying a turkey sandwich at the deli because I was so hungry. When I get to that point, it gets me so off kelter for the day. We ended up having Mexican for dinner because I was still hungry. It was just a hungry day. But I got back on track yesterday and made up some of the points. My real challenge will be in going down to spend Saturday with my mom (and my horse and dawg). No matter how many times I tell her not to cook a bunch of fat stuff, she does. I really want to end up with banked points this week.

Got to run. Everyone, keep up all the great work. Cindy - you especially since you have done so fantastic this week.

I may be AWOL this weekend. At least until Sunday. So have a great Friday and Saturday OP!
Old 06-22-2001, 10:07 AM   #8  
Makin_it

Good Morning!

I made it through two OP days, and better yet kept my carbs down within an acceptable range. Going for day three now. I'm feeling very good and my clothes continue to hang off me, time to go buy an new outfit, or maybe break out the sewing machine. I have a lot of great material and that would save me a few bucks. Still trying to find a new job, I keep telling myself to be patient. Pretty quite weekend for me for a change. I'm going to try to do a bit around the house. Maybe some gardening and closet cleaning..... we will see!

Determined: I know exactly how you feel about eating late and being over hungry, I think that is probably the most dangereous thing when eating out or at special functions. I actually turned down a night out and a free dinner because I knew they would be eating late. I was right, they ended up having dinner at 8pm. I would have order the horse and eaten the rider too at that time. I'm also trying Wendy's plan, doing ok but it is going to take a bit of getting used to.

Maggie: We had a rainy 1st day of summer here but it's suppose to be nice this weekend so that's ok. I just know that your monday weigh in is going to be GREAT!

Luna: I guess there must me something in the air.... We are all just such OP gals this week, I hope everyone is enjoying it as much as I am. TO BE IN CONTROL AGAIN! You know, we may have been the gals that pushed Luna, but don't ever forget that YOU are the one making the good choices. Keep it up GAL!

Annie: If you are reading this ....... Here is a BIG HUG and a friendly hi..... Hope things are going well, I bet they are.

Thin: Hope your music survey went well 75 dollars for 2 hours, not bad..... Have a great OP day, and don't forget to stop in and say hi.

Take care and have a great, warm, sunny, OP weekend everyone!

Brenda
430/329.8/170 in 2002

Last edited by canadian; 06-22-2001 at 10:20 AM.
Old 06-22-2001, 05:43 PM   #9  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! WOW, have you all been chatting up a storm while I was away. I feel sooooo lost!

You're all gonna love this, I was having Off-line Withdrawals so I ran a cabled from my basement server out to my garage and hi-jacked my son's laptop so I can chat with you all while I'm watching my garage sale! Am I dedicated to talking to you guys, or what???

Maggie: The music survey went well. They pay you $75 to sit in a hotel conference room and listen to 7 second snippits of songs and you have to rate whether 'you like it alot', 'like it a little', 'don't like it', or are 'tired of it'. They do it for a local radio station to get a feel for what people want to listen to. Hey they serve cookies! Ok, I had 2! I'm guilty!

Annie: Glad you stopped by. You're more than welcome anytime. You don't have to be over 250 to park here, we're glad for the company.

Cindy: You sent those breezes by. We've had great weather for the garage sale. You're making some great choices too.

Terry: Have a great time at your mom's. Just watch your portions. Pack some fruit and drink your water. You'll be fine. BTW, Is 'dawg' the Missouri spelling?

Brenda: Hurray for a quiet weekend. It will be KAOS here with 'the baby' coming home and all the laundry as well as the garage sale for one more day!!!

Well ladies, I'm off to close up the sale. Talk to you all later.

"Within ourselves are seeds of triumph or defeat." - Longfellow
Old 06-22-2001, 10:13 PM   #10  
Thin Within

Talking

GOOD EVENING

It rained a bit today - got things wet but I don't know if we got enough to water the lawn. I did an OP day. WOW was it hard to eat today. I wasn't having a hungry day and this was my Very High day. But I did it and felt a bit guilty. But it is all in the program and I will see if all my attention to this pays off. I can't see why in the world it wouldn't. Tomorrow is a Very Low day and I have a wedding shower to attend in the evening. I am opting out of going to a picnic in the park for the ball team - Cowboy can go and doesn't mind my staying home for he has some things to talk over with the older boys who want him to be their coach next year. They always have such wonderful food at those yearly functions and I don't feel like blowing this week.

TERRI I know what you went through with that dinner was not easy. I wish you the best when you are at your Mom's table this weekend. That too can't be easy.

BRENDA that is what we have to do. Put one success day away and then do another one. Then we can have several in a row and look back in satisfaction. I also like to sew and made a "poor boy" hat the other day out of white islet that is trick.

GERI I appreciate your taking that laptop out so you could keep in touch with us! Shows your dedication to the program and to your friends who are on this thread. You have got to have one interesting job. Always something different to do and never boring I bet.

All of you please have a great weekend. It is upon us again so quickly. Stay OP, drink your water, track your food, pay attention to the details and you won't regret it. Night ya'all.

Maggie fixin' to cut some zzzzzzz's in Tennessee

Last edited by Maggie; 06-22-2001 at 10:20 PM.
Old 06-23-2001, 10:57 AM   #11  

Good Saturday morning ladies, sorry that I missed you all yesterday. Ended up going out after work with friends and had too late of an evening. Well, I'm finally up and out of bed this morning, and it is a beautiful morning, this morning, with cool breezes, bright sun and clear blue skies. I'm going to enjoy this while it lasts because I have heard that we are going to get some heat, later on next week. Yesterday, did pretty well OP. Ended the day 2 points over, but I think that I'm still okay because I banked a few the night before. I also ate some of the "good stuff," including sugar snap peas and perfectly ripe strawberries (but not at the same time ). Isn't amazing how those good for you things can also make great snacks? Got in a 2-mile walk too. The weekend is finally here and I'm going to be running errands and doing some of the things that I couldn't do last weekend when I was sick. I have high hopes of making this an OP day. You all have a great OP Saturday. Cindy

Maggie, your motivation and dedication to staying OP just shines through your posts. You are making some very smart choices and all of your effort will pay big dividends! Good luck at that wedding shower today. I know that you will do great because you are planning for it. Keep up the good work!

Geri, bless your heart for "going that extra mile" to talk to us. I'm glad that the garage sale is going so well, and that you have some cool weather to enjoy. IMHO, there is nothing that I like less than having a garage sale in the heat and humidity (which was my first experience with putting on a garage sale). Wow! Only two cookies at the music survey? That is really good, Geri. You exercised some major control. WTG! Here's hoping that you have a great weekend.

Brenda, are you on an OP roll or what? Congrats, lady! I can hear the deserved pride in your voice as you describe how the clothes are just hanging now. Well, girlfriend, go and reward yourself with some new threads. You deserve it! It is so motivating to reward yourself with new clothes in smaller sizes as you continue down the road to "Smallsville." Keep up the great OP work!

Terri, busy Terri, how are you lady? You are still doing such a fantastic job OP despite the hectic schedule and several surprise delays that threw you for a loop. I have a feeling that you are right back OP and doing just fine. Sometimes, those "bumps in the road" are how we learn to work this program for a lifetime. Anyway, that's how I'm reading my long 6-month "bump in the road." Have a great OP day.
Old 06-24-2001, 11:50 AM   #12  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hello Ladies! Another bright Sunday morning! The weather has been lovely for the past couple of days. A brief sprinkle once in awhile, but sunny the rest of the time. (Just enough sprinkle to bring out the tarps for the garage sale and then we'd have to uncover everything! ) But all in all, it was very nice weather, with cool breezes! The sale is over, Thank God!!! Just to pack everything up now. Not tooo many treasures left to save for next year's sale, so most of it will be donated.

We made enough money to pay off the snow blower we bought from the neighbor's sale and some WW coupons that she has decided she will not use. Hey, the money had to come from somewhere, so if it's from selling our junk, so be it!!!

My food has not been the best this week. I'm sure I will show a gain at the scales tomorrow. I bought some cookies at Costco. Should have known better, but I bought them anyway. You know the drill, 'I'll get them for the guys, I'll just have one!' WHAT A CROCK!!! That's never the way it happens. 18 cookies later, I'm here to tell ya, those D#$* cookies were really good! But they're gone now so I'm better and ready to start again.

We have a graduation party in the park this afternoon. I'm not eating anything more than fruit or salad at home today so I will be fine at the party.

Maggie: Have fun at the shower! Glad your OP days are continuing. We're gonna do this thing!!!

Cindy: And just after you told me how good I was with the cookies I had to come and confess! Oh well. Sounds like you're doing great with the fruits and veggies!

Have you guys seen this recipe before??? If so, sorry. But it's really good and easy. And the serving size is pretty decent. I make this and a big side salad and call it dinner.

Chicken Pot Pie (4servings)

1 cup chicken, cooked, cubed
1 pkg. (9 oz.) frozen vegetables, thawed
1 can (10.75 oz.) fat free cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup skim milk
1 egg
1 cup Bisquick reduced fat baking mix

Spray a deep dish pie plate with cooking spray. In the pie plate mix chicken, beggies and soup. Mix milk. egg and baking mix in a bowl. Pour over chicken mixture. Bake 30 minutes in a 400 degree preheated oven.

5.5 WW points per serving

Gotta run. Love to all.

"The difficulty in life is choice." - George Moore
Old 06-24-2001, 01:26 PM   #13  
Thin Within

GOOD AFTERNOON

It is a lovely day here - 68 degrees - and the sun is shining and our freshly planted plants are doing good. Church services went well and Cowboy preached a great sermon as usual - even I stay awake during them. Life is good and I am OP today for the 6th day of my new program. This is actually a day called "high" and it is at the top of my points range. As I said before time will tell how this is working out for me.

CINDY You are doing well with the veggies. I love those sugar snap peas. So does Turn. He even likes broccoli and corn on the cob. What a cat. You sound like you have a busy weekend planned - don't forget to breathe.

GERI good going with that yard sale. It is good that you are getting prepared ahead of time for that graduation party. Being prepared sure helps keep ones FOCUS. I had a great time at that shower. We cut up and had lots of laughs and laughter is good for one. When it came tme for refreshments I didn't get in line but stayed sitting. The daughter of the lady who was putting on the party came and asked if I wanted anything. I said, "Yes, put a piece of cake on a plate and then cover it with plastic wrap and I will take it home to my husband." She did and I did and he ate it and I didn't eat a thing at the party and had fun anyway. Now I love that I was in control. I had told him before I went that I would bring him my cake. [I could have had a piece and still brought him one but this way worked for me.] Life is good especially when a plan works.

Maggie sippin' Hazelnut coffee through a straw in Tennessee

Last edited by Maggie; 06-24-2001 at 01:45 PM.
Old 06-25-2001, 08:56 AM   #14  
Makin_it

Happy Monday!

Well, I've had 4 days and almost pulled off the 5th day in a row OP. What a great weekend it turned out to be. The weather was sunny and warm and I was OP, (well yesterday I sort of blew it). I started by business suit. It was great to make the outfit without having to make all these pattern adjustments. The pants are done, a med gray, and the jacket needs some hand sewing and it will be done. The jacket is a dark navy with a small grey pin stripe. It is turning out great. I managed to do most of that on Saturday and still made time to work in the yard and garden and go out to dinner with my kids. Sunday we did the summer festival thing, it was so relaxing to sit in the breeze, listen to music and watch the people enjoying themselves. Even got in a dance with the hubby.

I tried hard to plan for the day but I'm afraid that the ice cream was calling out to me.... between that and the hot dog and a second ice cream, a few of my DH french fries and taco's in the evening I ended up over by several points. The good thing is my carb points for the week are going to be way down so I'm still looking forward to my WI tomorrow.

Maggie: six days in a row... YOU GO GIRL! You will have to sign on and let us know how the weigh in goes.

Geri: glad to hear your sale was successful. What a great way to find some extra cash. Its amazing what you can make on some stuff. The chicken pot pie recipe sounds good, I may just give it a try.

Cindy: Way to get in those veggies. I love snap peas too, but I haven't had any for awhile. Guess I'm going to have to hunt some down. WAY TO GO on the 2 mile walk. I haven't gotten much walking in this week. I may go to an aqua-arobic class tonight that I heard about. 7:30 - 8:30.... we will see.

Terri: hope it went well at your mom's, I'm sure you made good choices. Hey, my son's graduation is this Wednesday so I'm not looking forward to sitting in those darn uncomfortable chairs either. Hopefully the ceremony won't be too long.

Well everyone..... have a great OP day! Hope this week goes by quickly, I'm going to the trailer Friday through Monday. It will be a challenge but I'm sure I can handle it especially if I get another good week in before I go. I just need to make sure I bring my good snacks and bread and plan my barbeques. Oh yes, and stay away from the campground store.... I think I hear that ice-cream calling my name already!

Take care,
Brenda

Last edited by canadian; 06-25-2001 at 09:08 AM.
Old 06-25-2001, 05:15 PM   #15  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi ladies! I had WI this morning. I knew it was going to be bad, and it was!!!! Then the rest of today I have been Out Of Control!!! I have got to STOP this!!!!

Tomorrow, DH and I are celebrating our 25th Anniversary and we're going out of town in the morning. We're going north about an hour to a touristy little town. Honey reserved the honeymoon suite with a jaccuzzi. WooHoo!!! The town has some cute little shops downtown so we'll just enjoy being alone together strolling through the shops. It will be nice to get away. Then in October, we are planning a weeklong trip to San Francisco. We wanted to wait until it cools off a little. We're also waiting for DH to get a job. Hopefully that will happen soon. I can't stand this waiting.

Maggie: I am soooo ashamed of letting my program go to 'heck in a handbasket'. Everything was going so well, and I just blew it! I didn't know Cowboy was a preacher. I don't think you mentioned it before. I also didn't know Turn was a vegetarian!

Brenda: The fair sounds great. What a seamstress you must be! I hope you'll stop in here before you leave for the weekend. Enjoy your son's graduation Wednesday.

Gonna run. I've been out doing jobs all day and just came back to do some paperwork and I need to head out again to do a couple more. I probably won't be back in here until Wednesday late or Thursday sometime.

"Nothing is so difficult that it cannot be accomplished by diligence." - Author Unknown
Closed Thread