Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2001, 11:10 PM   #16  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Ok - here's where I got confused... I exercise 6 days a week and I know that my appetite is much greater when exercising then when not... I just had in the back of my mind that I need to eat those points because of this post I had read. Although I will say that last week I got ZERO in activity pts because of my asthma and that's when I followed the pts strictly and lost the 4 lbs. Sorry if I confused anyone....

from Wendie's thread.....
Heidi - I normally don't count activity points. I figure that if I exercise, I am doing my body good and burning off a few more calories. The only time I would add something would be if I had exercised to the point that my body really wanted something... meaning that I had exercised to the point that I had run out of fuel. But this is simply what I do - not what everyone does. I think you need to pay close attention to your body and what it needs. It is my suggestion that you try to schedule your workout days to fall on your higher point days... there are 4 of them per week. If you exercise hard more often than 4 days per week, you may need to add a couple of extra points to your low point days - if your body is in danger of running out of fuel.

Kim
1/2001 258
3/2001 WW 239/223/140
Old 06-15-2001, 10:29 AM   #17  
Senior Tortoise

Hi, Swan! No, I'm not trying it yet. Right now I'm just focusing on maintaining (or not gaining a ton). Next Tuesday is my day to re-focus on WW again, and I may try the Wendie plan just to try something different. But I do read Wendie's site and am planning to support it.

Way to go on your progress!

--Lauren
Old 06-16-2001, 02:20 AM   #18  

Talking Hi all, new to this Wendie thing!!!

Hi all,
I am new to the wendie plan, someone mentioned it in the digi chat the other night checked the site out and thought...hmmmm....I can do this. So here I am, going to start this and really try to stick to it. You all sound like it is working for you and I am hearing lots of positive things about it. I am also exercising twice a week with step aerobics and trying to walk on the other days when and if I can find time. I am at a stand still with WW for some reason and I can not get through it. I have started slipping in the motivation department as well because of my plateau. So I think this idea will be a welcome change. I am journaling again and really excited to see the results. I am going to try to arrange my pts. too so that my higher days are on Saturday where we tend to have family outings more. My exercise days are Tues. and Thurs. so I hope I can accomadate this too. And yes from what I have understood on the wendie site she doesn't use exercise pts. She advocates only using rthem when you feel that your exercising makes you feel too low on fuel. You need a boost...so I will not count mine! Darn! I use to love that portion of WW. Well I see I have finished my novel, anyone with any tips, let me know! Take care! And see you all lighter!!!
Diana
Old 06-16-2001, 05:45 PM   #19  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Welcome Diana... I hope it works for you as well as it did for me. I lost 1 more today - so I am happy with that. Yes - it got me back to looking at each individual day and really planning it - not to have 2 days in a row with the same points. For awhile I was eating 29 pts daily - different foods - but it always landed on 29 for some reason. Let us know how you do.
Kim
1/2001 258
3/2001 WW 239/222/140
Old 06-23-2001, 09:45 AM   #20  
Thin Within

GOOD MORNING

Hi there! Just thought I would stick my nose in here and tell ya'll what I have been doing. I had been eating the same number of points each day for a long while and just eeking out a few ounces here and there and a pound down a couple of pounds up type thing. I decided since I was so close to dropping to a different weight/point level I would use those points for the week. I did that and had a week of eating high and low days [not on purpoise ~ just how it happend]. I lost 4.2 that week. Then and only then did I see Wendies Plan. "WOW I thought," this is terrific. So I made myself a chart and have been following it to the "T" for 4 days now. Today is my 5th day and is to be a Very Low point day. Yesterday was my Very High day and even with knowing I had the points banked from the three previous days to cover it.... I felt a load of guilt eating all those points. But I will get over it quickly if all this paying close attention and landing on the "mark" each day pays out with a nice loss on Monday.

I wish all of you that are trying it success.

Maggie sippin' lots of ice water in Tennessee
Old 06-23-2001, 07:00 PM   #21  

I have been following this plan for almost 2 weeks now. I've only weighed in once. So far, I've done fairly well with one exception. This week I had 2 higher point days in a row. But I journalled and today aimed for the 'right' point total. I think this plan has been successful for me if for no other reason than it has made me journal and count points religiously (the good, the bad and the ugly). I think that I am down at least a little.
Old 06-23-2001, 11:49 PM   #22  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Hi Maggie & Swan -
Well I WI this AM and stayed the same (I am a lucky girl..... since I had about 3 high point days this week and one was so high, I heard the captain say "Fasten your seatbelts"). But I agree with you swan.... it makes you journal more and really plan your meals. I know I should be doing that anyway - I just find it gives me more focus. Good Luck
Kim
1/2001 258
3/2001 WW 239/222/140
Old 06-25-2001, 06:47 PM   #23  
Thin Within

GOOD EVENING

I am in to give a weight report for my first week on the plan: I showed a
2.6pound loss. I do believe it will work for me so I am going to do it again this week. Below is the chart I followed this week.

I wish each of you doing this plan success!

Maggie baing jazzed in Tennessee
Old 06-25-2001, 11:52 PM   #24  

I have a question. Would it be ok, under the Wendie plan, if I switched days 4 and 5 just for this week? My birthday falls on a low day and I'd like to have the option of having something fun then. Has anyone reversed 2 of the days and had success? Thanks.
Old 06-26-2001, 10:42 PM   #25  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Hi Swan... I believe someone asked this same question on her site awhile back and she responded as long as you don't have the same amount of points 2 days in a row - you can vary any other days. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
Kim
Old 06-27-2001, 03:57 PM   #26  

Hi Kim - Thanks for the birthday greetings and the information. Now I'll be able to have Ben & Jerry's ice cream. Yippee!
Closed Thread