Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2001, 08:56 PM   #16  
Michigan Old-Timer

OK LADIES!!!!
We are going to do this.
We are going to do this starting NOW.
We are going to do this TOGETHER.
We are going to get the job DONE!!!!

Don't laugh, ok. This is my best attempt at being a cheerleader!

My program is GREAT today! I have about 7 points left before I even reach the bottom of the range. That means that munching in front of the TV tonight will be ON PROGRAM!!!

I have JOURNALLED.
I have 1 more glass of WATER to get in.
I have had 7, count them 7, servings of fruits and/or veggies today.
I am DOING IT!!!!

I am sooooo glad you are all on board with me. We really can do this!

Hey, BTW, have any of you read the thread entitled 'The Wendie Plan.....' ?? It's here under 'WW100'. Anyway, if you haven't check it out. It really makes some sense. When I did Quick Weight Loss some years ago they would use water to break a plateau. You were supposed to have 8 glasses every day normally. But to break a plateau, you would drink 10 glasses, next day 9 glasses, next day back to 8. And usually it worked pretty good. This 'Wendie Plan' uses your points to fire up the metabolism. Interesting, anyway!

WI today was disappointing. My scale said a loss, theirs said I maintained. Bummer! But today is a new day, a new week and a new commitment!

Maggie: Good job, down .6! You go girl. That's the right direction.

Brenda: You're like me. Even when I did journal, I was so many points over, it didn't matter. Like writing it down was gonna make it happen.

Terri: You mentioned priorities so here's a quote just for you: "You always have time for the things you put first!"

Gonna run. You all have a great night. I WILL be here tomorrow, bright eyed, bushy tailed and ON PROGRAM!!!

"We can gain strength and courage and confidence, by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face...we must do that which we think we cannot." - Eleanor Roosevelt

374/326/?????

Last edited by thinthinker; 06-11-2001 at 10:34 PM.
Old 06-12-2001, 07:43 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!

Okay, so I didn't get back OP yesterday. DH took me out to lunch where they have the best sandwiches and fries. Then by the time he got dinner ready at almost 8:30 I was starved. He has been doing that to me way too much lately. I have a freezer full of Healthy Choice frozen meals so that will be my lunch and dinner for the next few days. That and veggies to round out will work. We have been so busy running between the house and the camper business that we have not had a relaxing evening at home in a long time. We have a camper to deliver tonight so I'm definitely feeding myself before he gets home! We also haven't had a good meal plan and groceries the last couple of weeks. That certainly does not help. I really don't like spending my summer being so crazed because I'm not getting in walking or biking like I want. Somehow I have GOT to get that as a priority and through his thick head that I come first not everything else. I have to get it through my thick head too! OOOH, I think I'll make up a list of things I need his help on this week. And ask sweetly.

We went to the house inspection yesterday. I had no idea it would take over 2 hours (my first house). But the house passed with flying colors. The inspector even said that he was really surprised the house was in such good shape. He just left us a few things that we would be better off doing when we get in but nothing that is significant. We're excited and so very ready mentally to move.

Maggie - Congrats on the .6! A little is better than none and definitely in the right direction. I'll email you for the Focus. Thanks!

Geri - Thanks for getting us all fired up. You're right, we can do this. We WILL!

Brenda - Great pledges too! I have mine written down on a piece of paper. Now just need to put them in a prominant place I will read each day.

Have a great OP day ladies and be strong!
Old 06-12-2001, 11:26 AM   #18  

Good Tuesday morning ladies, remember me? It's Lunacat. It has been so long since I've posted that I feel like I'm a newbie again. Like the look of the new board with all of the fancy icons and other neat stuff. I will have to figure out how to use them soon. Well, I'm almost back to square one (not quite, but pretty darn close) with regard to the weight loss effort. I'm embarrassed to admit it but I sure need to get my act together again and climb back on the weight loss wagon. I've been so distracted with other stuff that I've been putting off my weight loss journey. Of course, I've done nothing but make my situation worse. Decided that I had had enough of my own whining and complaining. Grrrrrrr. Time to spring (hobble?) into action.

I'm delighted to see you all are doing so well and are staying motivated. You each are an inspiration to me on my (re)new-ed weight loss journey. You all keep up the great work. I'll try to post some individual replies later (from home). Have a great OP day. Lunacat
Old 06-12-2001, 11:40 PM   #19  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody!!! My program yesterday was great. I was able to munch during TV and feel good about it. Actually, today was very good too. I'm really proud of myself (for a change)! WooHoo!

Terri: You are one busy, busy lady! Take some time out for YOU! There's nothing wrong with Healthy Choice meals for dinner. Yesterday, I made Lean Cuisines for dinner. Dumped them out nicely onto dinner plates, cut each of a piece of fruit as a garnish and served them up with big salads. It went over well, even with my guys. This CAN be done!!!

Luna: Baby, where ya been???? I missed you BIG time! Jump on board, now's a GREAT time because we are all re-focussing and getting re-committed.

Guess I'm gonna hit the hay. I'm working quite a few jobs tomorrow. DH has a second interview tomorrow, so you all cross your fingers.

"Winners are everyday heroes.
Winners take their dreams seriously.
Winners never give up and won't let you give up either.
Winners have attitude.
Winners care in their sleep.
Winners make BIG things happen, a little at a time.
Winners say "yes" to freedom and change.
Winners go with the flow.
Winners see the beginning in every ending.
Winners expect the best.
Winners inspire the best in others.
Winners are the richest people in the world when it comes to experience, laughter and love."
Old 06-13-2001, 07:33 AM   #20  

Default What a wonderful life Wednesday!

Goooooood morning!

Just dropping in to report that I got back OP yesterday. I did my healthy choice for lunch with a salad and for dinner with some FF cottage cheese. I was short one fruit of making my 5 v/fr's for the day. But we had a camper to deliver and this time I made sure I ate because it was 9 pm when we got home. I also changed my clothes and went for a 25 min walk when I got home before anything else got done.

More camper business tonight then we have a reprieve until Sunday after church. At least this summer, we have someone who will clean them out plus we have big instructions saying we'll charge them $25 if they bring it back dirty. That takes some pressure off.

I have a self-study course test at work this morning. I should be doing some last minute cramming. Its on insurance principles. Very exciting stuff. But it looks like I'm into self-growth and I have learned a few things. But I'm ready for it to be over. Sick of looking at the books.

Geri - Yahoo for you! See you can do this! Just takes making it your priority and planning. Keep us posted on the interviews.

Luna - Welcome back! Of course we remember you. Glad you're back and we're here to help in this journey.

Better get moving. Have a great OP day ladies and be strong!
Old 06-13-2001, 10:13 AM   #21  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning! How is everyone this bright Wednesday morning??? I have had 2 great days a OP and I am looking forward to another today!

I'm working all day so I wanted to get on here and wish you all a great day early on.

Terry: Sounds like you had a GREAT day OP! Good for you! I have trouble with the 5 fruits/veggies too because I'm on the road so much. I have gotten to the point where an apple goes with me wherever I go. It's portable, and when I'm done, the core can go out the window since it will degrade or some animal will find it tasty. Grapes are another good portable. Wash them at home, dry and put a ziplock bag of them in the car. Actually, that's the only way I can get the 5 in. I'm just not home enough to trust being able to get them in there. I'm glad your house hunt is finished. It sounds like the inspector did a nice job, being there 2 hours. DH just told me that a friend of his bought a new (used) house and had it inspected and when they moved in they found a racoon family in the attic! Guess their inspector didn't do a very good job! Your camper business sounds like it's really off and running! I think the fee for bringing it back dirty is a great idea. Maybe it will encourage people to bring it back wiped out and vaccuumed. At least you've got the cleaning crew, it would be nasty if you had to handle that end too.

Well, I have a bunch of jobs to do today, so I am going to say goodbye for now.

PLEDGE allegiance to yourself.
BELIEVE in miracles.
LEAP before you look.
LAUGH alot along the way.
DIVE in.
DARE to make mistakes.
LIVE out loud.
LISTEN to your own wise and gentle knowing voice.
LOVE who you are.
BREATHE deep, trusting breaths.
SEE things from an upside-down point of view.
FOLLOW your dreams wherever they may lead you.
DEMAND nothing less than everything!
Old 06-13-2001, 10:14 AM   #22  
Thin Within

GOOD MORNING

Another beautiful day here to be ON PROGRM . Looks like we are making progross and keeping our FOCUS. I went to bed with 6 points leftover last night. That sure feels good for I haven't done that in quite a while.

Welcome back
CINDY . It is a good time for you to come back in and join us for we are all taking a deep breath and re-evaluating our program and making an effor to do better.

I have a challenge coming up today. Going to a birthday party at Colonel Cluck ~ AKA:Kentucky Fried Chicken. It is a charming 80 something ladies birthday and that is her favorite place. I will go and have fun and watch my points. I do so want to tuck some under my pillow this night. Points that is not chicken.

Have a wonderful day!

Maggie fixin' to stay OP this day in Tennessee

Last edited by Maggie; 06-13-2001 at 10:18 AM.
Old 06-13-2001, 10:29 AM   #23  
Thin Within

GERI you weren't there when I started typing my post! Anyway I wanted to say that I like your sayings that you posted the other day and this days. Thanks - they are food for thought and come with zero points.

Maggie sippin zero point Hazelnut coffee in Tennessee
Old 06-13-2001, 11:24 AM   #24  

Good Wednesday morning everyone, sorry that I didn't have a chance to write last night--got home too late and was just too pooped. Was able to exert better control over the food yesterday, but didn't write it all down. In the evening, really had to battle the strong urge to order out pizza. For the first time, in a long time, I didn't give in! I kinda surprised myself. I threw out all of the pizza and fast food coupons too. Figured that I could at least make it more expensive to cheat. Ha ha. Well, it feels great to be back with you gals. Thank you each for your warm welcomes back. They mean THE WORLD to me. Okay, here I go! This day is a new OP day for me. You each have a great one.

Geri, hi there girlfriend! Yup, I finally dragged myself in! Was getting too big to hide from myself anymore! Congrats on working the program so well. I am very proud of you for working so hard and succeeding OP. Glad that the Lean Cuisine dinners went down so well. I like them very much and used to rely on them quite a bit. Hmmmmmmm, that gives me an idea--I'll stock up on some of 'em this week (they're on sale too). Better LC or HC dinners than some fast food nightmare meal! Good luck to your DH on the second job interview! Second interview sounds very promising, don't you think? Loved your posts on winners. I'll try to act more winner-like from now on.

Terri, WTG on the HC dinners and the exercise! What a great job you are doing OP. I need to do more of that in my life. Boy, as Geri said, you sure are busy. Well, I know that you will handle it all with style. Just be sure to take some Terri-time, okay?

Maggie, how are you doing, lady? It is good to be back here with you. Listen, you will do just fine at the big Col. Cluck outing. Sounds like it will be a very fun time and you are already planning for it! WTG Maggie.

Ladies, I can't thank you enough for your kind words, wisdom and welcome back. I'll be back in touch soon. To all who I haven't mentioned by name, hi there and have a great OP day. Cindy
Old 06-13-2001, 02:28 PM   #25  
Thin Within

I am so happy, I am so pleased. YIPEKIO ~ I DID IT I just had to come here and tell ya'all that I survived the birthday party and didn't cave in. What I did was had a late breakfast of a toasted English muffin with strawberry Brummel and Brown spread and some grapefruit sections. Then when it came time for me to make my choices at Col. Cluck I was ready for the challenge. Everyone else was doing the buffett and I just asked Cowboy to get me an order of 3 chicken strips and the potatoes. I chose the potatoes for they are 3 points and the slaw is 5 and the biscuits are 4. So you have it. I had 3 chicken strips and the potatoes for a total of 10 points for lunch which makes me have 20 left for the rest of the day. I am so jazzed because I dared to be different. LIFE IS GOOD

Maggie being pleased in Tennessee
Old 06-13-2001, 04:52 PM   #26  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! Just here for my mid-day check-in! I'm doing GREAT again today. I am happy to announce that this in-control thing is working just fine for this control freak!

I had 4 points banked on Monday, and 1 more last night and that's even with my typical munching during TV. I thought I would be short a water yesterday, but I guzzled another one during TV so I got them all in! I was up several times during the night, but I got them all in!

Today, I'm doing well. I have my 5 fruits in already and had a decent lunch. We're doing Mexican tonight so that will be a little challenge, but I'll handle it.

Maggie: Good for you dealing with the Cluck!!!! When I do KFC, I order the 3 strip meal. It's the least points and it's filling. GOOD FOR YOU!

Cindy: GOOD JOB avoiding the pizza. When I come home tired, that is the perfect time to order pizza. You did great avoiding it. The time to have it (because we can still have it) is when you plan on having it ahead of time and eat accordingly throughout the day.

Thanks, you guys, I'm glad you like the quotes. I have been collecting them for years and never knew exactly what I would do with them. Now I've finally found a place to share them. Glad you enjoy them.

Gotta run. We're doing a Mexican restaurant job tonight and got to get the guys off their computers so we can go. Love to all.
Old 06-13-2001, 06:43 PM   #27  

Just had to drop by and say what a fabulous day it has been.

1. I passed my test. Don't even care by how much or how little!

2. Finally figured something out at work that I have been beating my head on my desk for several days. And confirmed with the former manager ( I took her place in April) that I was thinking correctly. Confirmed I wasn't that stupid after all.

3. Got a call from our lawyer and the manufactured home center sent a check returning our deposit. They had refused when we called and said we better get a lawyer. So we did and they sent the check. WOOHOO. Hmm, need a smilie sticking its tongue out here.

4. Got an email from DH's boss inviting us for dinner. Not sure if this is a good thing or not because its been a year since we were last invited and he's been acting like he hated DH anyway. Part of the weird day.

Maggie - I was sending ESP vibes to you to get the chicken strips. I love those things! Plus I go for the taters and pass on the slaw. Got to save points for a biscuit!

Geri - You're doing great on the focus thing. I'll think about you and the Mexican while I'm having HC Chicken Fettucine. Oh yeah, thanks for pointing out the Wendie plan. I want to print that out for future reference as I get stuck on plateaus a lot.

Cindy - That pizza urge is a hard one to beat. But doesn't it feel good knowing you can overcome it? Sometimes you do have to give in but its better to do it planned like Geri said. Tastes better than compared to when you know you gave in and feel guilty.

Okay, I'm outta here. I've got a camper to get rented out while DH picks one up. Plus I've got laundry going. Tomorrow night, I plan on making a real meal (baked chicken, roasted veggies) and relaxing.

Take care and be strong!

(Terri doing backflips in Missouri )
Old 06-14-2001, 12:08 PM   #28  

Good Thursday Morning everyone, hope that you are each having a great day. I'm doing a bit better at staying OP, but still have a ways to go. Did pretty well yesterday until late last night. After borrowing mom and dad's dog for an extra walk last night, I "just had to have" some ice cream and donut holes at their house. Arrrrrgh. Should have had some water because I was thirsty. Takes a lot of ice cream to quench a thirst. Anyway, I'm back OP today and trying to do much better. Water is not a problem for me lately because it has been very hot here, in the 90's. Of course, last week it was in the 50's and we were complaining about the cold. Well, thanks again, ladies, for being so supportive of me. Your successes are truly inspirational to me. Here's hoping that you each have a great OP day, today. Cindy

Terri, congratulations on passing your test and realizing just how smart you are at work. Everyone else knew, but it took you awhile to realize it yourself. WTG Terri! Also good job on getting your deposit back. Sounds like you scared 'em, big time. Good for you! Oh, you are so right about food planning for occasions. I too easily forgot all about that and was so out of control. Planning, planning, planning. Must remember and implement that.

Geri, I can hear your enthusiasm and pride about being in-control. Hooray, Geri. I know that you feel great, as well you should. Wow, you're even banking points. What can I say? You're a model for how to work the program right. Hope that you had a fun time at the Mexican restaurant, last night. You planned for it and have worked it right into the program. WTG Geri

Maggie, congratulations on doing such a great job at the birthday party. Wow! 10 points total for a b-day party? Now that's what I call success. You and all of the ladies here are an inspiration to me.
Old 06-14-2001, 09:20 PM   #29  
Thin Within

GOOD EVENING Countdowners

Another warm day here - still 80 at 9 pm. ~ the humidity is holding the heat up. Well enough about that. I had another successful day of it. I looked over my journals of the past few weeks and I was OP so why the slow movement of the weight. Well I decided to try something this week and drop down a notch in the points scale. I will be there in another 7 pounds lost anyway so it is worth a try. I made a brunch around 11 and we had bbq steak at 4:30 and a peach smoothie at 8. Great day with points to tuck under my pillow.
LIVE IS GOOD Yes it is.

GERI Good going with that water even if you were up a few times during the night. Your body needed it. Mexican food is my very favorite - that is real Mexican food. Hard to find around here but there is one place called Esperanza (hope) that is great.

TERRI Congratulations on passing that test. Isn't it wonderful to find out more about youself than you knew! You go girl. Thank you for those vibes you sent my way ~ I got the message loud and clear.

CINDY If you are anything like me it is a bit difficult getting back in the swing of things once I have lost my focus. Keep thinking positive and you will get back being OP. I am so glad you came back to posting for I missed you much.

Have a good night ya'all

Maggie sippin' lots of ice water in Tennessee

Last edited by Maggie; 06-14-2001 at 09:23 PM.
Old 06-14-2001, 11:59 PM   #30  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hey ladies! Good Evening! I did Mexican last night and looked up the WW points on Dotti's before I went so I knew exactly what I was getting into. I was at my max level, but that's ok 'cuz I was under on Monday and Tuesday. I even knew I didn't have anything left in the 'bank' for last night to I didn't munch during TV. Ahhhhh, it's great to be in control! Tonight we did a steakhouse. I ordered the grilled tuna. It was great. I had a max day, but that's ok, 'cuz I'm still OP and withing my points. I am one happy camper!

I going to make this quick, it's almost midnite here and I'm gonna hit the hay with honey. Gotta get my exercise somehow ya know. I'll get back with all of you for replies tomorrow. Have a good nite!

"There is a place in the heart where thought become wishes and wishes become dreams. A place where anything is possible, if we only believe."
Closed Thread