Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 04:29 PM   #46  
Cat Lover

Jennie

That is great that u lost. I know u wld like to see more, I am the say way I want all the weight to go away overnight. Be glad that it down and you are a loser . I mean that is a good way. .

I weight in tomorrow so I hope to see some loss I like to see that it is alot but wil be happy with what i get.

Well ladies i will see ya later
Old 04-18-2005, 08:03 AM   #47  

Hey everyone,
Sorry I'm was so MIA over the weekend....it's was nice around here so we're in the middle of many projects!! Just finishing up our new deck, and the hubby and neighbors started roofing our house over the weekend. I myself played gofer and ran errands here and there and got all my flower beds raked and dug out in between.
Well it's Monday, and y'all know what that means for me....official weigh in!!! I was down another glorious 2lbs for the week!! wooooohoooo!!! another 2 lbs gone for life!! Did a little bit of shopping over the weekend and got three new pairs of capris size16, 17,and 18! (Last years clothes were all 22's) So I'm in heaven.
Will have to catch you all later!!!
Old 04-18-2005, 09:02 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

thanks for the encouragement sweetlilac, I know those one pounds add up as long as a stick with it. I've lost 13 so far but none of my clothes are feeling any loser. I think I'll have to hit the 20lb mark to start to fit back into my summer clothes from last year and have my jeans be less tight. I wish it would happen already!!! !!

chickie, 2 pound is so good. I can't wait until I can go out and buy some smaller clothes or actually just pull the smaller ones out of my chest of drawers. I promised my self after my last go round at ww that I wouldn't allow my self to buy the next size so I had to make my self lost weight. Well 20 pound later, I was only barely squeezing into 2 pairs of jeans and the rest have been sitting in the drawer waiting till I shed those pounds. So my first goal is to get back into those summer clothes, goal 2, guy one size smaller.

Olive2, I kept my promise, I stayed with in my points and I excersied. Saturday I did pillates at home which is better than nothing right, Sunday I did a super work out at the gym, ellyptical and jogging.

How did every one else do this weekend. Hope to see every one back this week!
Old 04-18-2005, 01:12 PM   #49  
Cat Lover

Well I am down 1 lbs but TOM made a vists so I hope that why is was the one. I too want to see more of a weight loss Jennie. I know abt the clothes I have to it seems like lose alot to get down one sizes.

Has anyone ever had this prolem too: I lost weight everywhere but in my belly and hip and butt. I willl lose weight in my feet, anklesm, bust and wrist before i wil see it leave my stomach area.

Well come on Ladies lets here those losses!!

Eveyone have a grat OP day
Old 04-18-2005, 01:44 PM   #50  

I'm not weighing in until tomorrow, but am not happy with my effort over the weekend. I also got out in the yard and weeded and spring cleaned. But I had a birthday party and family dinner. I did pretty good, but ate above my points all weekend. Enough that I probably won't lose any. I don't think I'll gain either, but am disappointed in my kick-off week. I have all the materials from my previous experience with WW, so I didn't go in and official join again. I'm thinking I'm going to have to hand over my money to someone to motivate me more. Knowing I have to pay someone to weigh me keeps me honest. I think I'll give it one more week. If I don't stay OP, I'll bite the bullet.

Everyone have a great day. And to those of you who lost - great job!!
Old 04-18-2005, 08:53 PM   #51  

"I think I'll have to hit the 20lb mark to start to fit back into my summer clothes from last year"

Jennie, I'm right with you, have about 30 lbs to go until my summer clothes fit...and my vacation in Florida is in 4 weeks! Best of luck to us both!

lisa
Old 04-19-2005, 10:37 AM   #52  
Cat Lover

Macy I am not going to meeting either. I cant afford to do that right now. I wld love to go. WE can do this and with this support borad.

Lisa I and like that too I have to lose 20 lb to get info summer clothes. I think i will buy a pair or two until then.

Everyone have a good OP day
Old 04-19-2005, 11:55 AM   #53  

Hey there everyone,
Well it's a dreary rainy day Tuesday around here....and I was up slightly today....but just for today...it won't be for the week!! It's almost that time, so I'm feeling a little bloated....although I put on my favorite pair of shorts that I've had forever and they slid down my hips, so sadly I think I'll have to put them in the goodwill pile! Will have to find a new favorite pair, I guess.
With all this rain a pouring down, it looks like I got my hosta, and other plants transplanted in the nick of time. Was hoping to do some rollerblading this week, but doesn't look like Mother Nature is going to cooperate! Will have to stick indoors and log some milage on the elliptical instead. I find that the more my working out slows down or if I skip a few days the losing weight slows down as well no matter how well I count every point. You'd think I'd learn to just not skip...lol...but sometimes you're just a tad too tired...I know, I know....excuses, excuses!!
I'm glad our little group has grown and we have such frequent posters....I look forward each day to loggin on and seeing what's up.
I'm still refusing to go to actual meetings, although I have $40 saved in my jar from 4 weeks of WWering it at home! I've decided that each time I achieve a goal, I get to spend it! So my official goal right now is to get to 190 even....I'm teetering between 194 and 196 depending on what day I weigh....lol....so when I get to 190 it's getting spent....then I'll do the same til 180 ...etc... I'd like to be to a solid 190 by June 1st which is extremely realistic and if I get lower than that so be it...it's a win/win situation!!
Been chowing alot of fruit...can't get enough, and my afternoon binges have been replaced with a can of green beans or some celery.... I've also rediscovered Healthy Choice Soups.....you can have whole cans for anywhere from 3-5 pts depending on the kind and they're very filling!! Good with a 1pt bun turkey sand for dinner! I've done well at staying away from all the diet candies, ice cream treats and cakes.... would like to develop better habits before I start with all of that stuff again....I'd rather get the most out of my points I guess....who knows...that could change next week, but for now I'm being a good girl! lol
Camping season is soon approaching and that's always a hard time for me....around everyone else with food everywhere....smores, chips, pasta salads...etc.....arghhhh....wilpower tested to the fullest. It's already been that way in the last few weekends with neighborhood cookouts. I need to learn when I'm out with people to use as good of restraint as I do all week long at home.
Well better get going...check in later!
Take care y'all!!!
Old 04-19-2005, 04:17 PM   #54  

Ok, I see that you eat green beans and even though this isn't a recipe thread, I have to share. For those of you who enjoy the green beans from Chinese restaurants, you'll love this: 1 lb of frozen or fresh green beans (microwave cook and salt to taste, as directed on package). 1 T butter (sorry, you have to count it and it won't taste right if you don't use butter) 4 cloves of garlic, 3 packets of splenda or 2 T sugar. Melt the butter in a saute pan, then add garlic, beans and splenda. Stir fry for a few minutes and serve! I could eat the entire pound myself!
Old 04-19-2005, 04:40 PM   #55  

Well, I knew I wouldn't do great with my weigh in, I lost 1lb., which considering my weekend was good. But...I usually do much better on my first week back OP. So I am recommiting myself and doing better this week. My husband and kids are going camping for a few days (boy scouts), so I'll be alone. This will give me a chance to catch up on things, and hopefully since I won't have to cook, get a good jump start. Unless of course I call one of my friends and go out.

Thanks Sweetlilac for your encouragement. WE can do this.

Everyone have a great day.

Last edited by macy_b; 04-19-2005 at 04:43 PM.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:35 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi ladies,
I am having a really good week! All week I was saying I just want to see 224 and today it was even lower. I got on the scale this morning and it read 223.8!! I was so excitied, I'm not counting this because my official weigh in is on Sunday but I'm so exctied.
Last night I kind of threw a fit, I was going to eat with my parents and my dad decided to get Chinese food which is good if you pick the right things but he got pork/chick/shrimp fried rice, I dont' even want to think about the points in that, and beef w/broccoli. I have never known him to order either of those we always get veggies or chicken w/broc or something fairly healthy. I feel like he is subconsciencely trying to sabatoge my diet. He was like oh I thought it sounded good. I'm sure it does but it so many calories I probably could have had a 1/4c of each and that would be it for my points. So in my frustration, I offered to take us out to eat and they could save the chinese. So we went to Applebee's I dont' ussaully eat there but they have the WW selections so I figured I'd try. I got the talapia w/mango salsa and it was so good and very filling for only 5 points. I had enough points left to get the WW desert which though small, as it should be, it tasted very good. My meal was satisfying enought that Ididn't need to reachover and nibble on my son's!

chickie-I can't wait until I'm teatering in the 190's, I think you have set a good goal and I'm sure you'll get there.

macy-I only lost a pound last WI buy it has totally kicked me in the butt and I know I'm gonna lose more this week.

For all the rest od us trying to fit into those summer clothes(heehee youknow who you are) let do it!

have a good day and talk to you soon.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:35 AM   #57  

Hey y'all....good wed. morning to everyone

D56....will have to try that green bean recipe....it's funny that everyone's talking chinese food on here...lol

Macy B....1 lbs is still 1lb....any loss is better than going up!!! and they all add up! Way to go!!!

Jennie I have the same problem eating out with friends and neighbors....seems like everyone we know is overweight and doesn't give a darn...so it makes things even harder....I just try to stay focussed and remind myself that there are no "bad" foods...just have to keep my portions in check and if I'm weak, which everyone is sometimes...I dust myself off....and either start fresh or workout and earn some activity points to help balance it out!! As hard as it's been, I keep telling myself...it's not everyone else putting it in my mouth and no matter what kind of yummy thing is sitting in front of me, I'm the only one that controls it!!! It works for me about 95% of the time!! lol
I'm sick of this rainy weather and in some desperate need of some sunshine!!! Hate being trapped indoors, especially this time of year. Got the itch to get out in the garden and do some bike riding and rollerblading!!
I just recently discovered that I like that 98% fat free kettle corn....3 pts for a whole bag...and very crunchy and filling!! I don't like the plain, but the kettle corn and the caramel apple are good....the caramel apple is 5 pts a bag though!!
Well better get another load of clothes done and I hear the dishes calling my name!! Will check back later!!
Hope everyone else is doing well...can't wait to hear from ya!!
M-
Old 04-20-2005, 12:25 PM   #58  

I just recently discovered that I like that 98% fat free kettle corn....3 pts for a whole bag...and very crunchy and filling........

WW chickie please share the brand, I love kettlekorn and I bought the snackbags of orville redenbacher and I'm confused about the points, but I can tell it's way higher than what you've found.

Lisa
Old 04-20-2005, 06:17 PM   #59  

Hey there.... The kettle corn that I love is Jolly time Healthy pop....it's 94% fat free...it figures to a point per serving... 90 cal 2 fat 8 fiber, and there's 2.5 servings in a bag so I figure it at three per big bag....it's sooooo yummy. The caramel apple popcorn that I talked about is from the same company and brand and they of course also have just plain "buttered" too. Hope this helps...
I get mine at Walmart....hopefully you can find some too!
Old 04-20-2005, 07:09 PM   #60  

Hello everyone!!!

Had a great week so far.. Happy to report a loss of 2.8 pounds..

Had a hard time resisting the potluck at work today.. there were all sorts of high point items .. The smell was driving me nuts..

How has everyone else been??
Closed Thread