Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2001, 12:16 AM   #1  

Yesterday I finally went all out and said FORGET THIS for the day. I ate everything I wanted, around 90-100 pts in total. (yes, I still tracked!) It was wonderful, I don't feel guilty, and I know I needed it. I have been hungry and craving things for weeks, and now I am ready to give it everything I have again.
My questions are as follows:
1. Anyone have any tips for what I can do to minimize gain at my meeting on Tuesday? I am planning on eating my minimum pts until then, and did a really intense workout this morning. (Plan to tomorrow morning and Tuesday morning as well.)
2. Does anyone else ever "let" themselves have a day off, and if so how often and what are the results? I am just finishing my last few days of my last week of maintenance, and am very interested in how Lifetime Members are doing with living healthy while still being tuned in to the WW elements.
Wow, this is getting long- I won't ask anymore right now! Any advice and tips is always appreciated!

------------------
~saskie~
start 201/WW 148/present 141.8/personal goal 137-140
Old 02-12-2001, 06:14 PM   #2  

saskie, 90-100 pts? You did have fun Now for your questions.

1. In my opinion, all you can do is what you have already planned to do - stay at the low end of the points scale and get regular exercise. You may register a gain, but it won't be the end of the world, and you can "take the hit and move on", as a wise woman once said.

2. When I achieved lifetime (for the second time) last year, I thought that any deviation from the way I'd been eating would result in a big jump at the scale. Gradually, though, I learned that if I exercise regularly, I can eat a substantial amount of food and not gain weight. I don't know the exact number of points, but I know it has to be in the vicinity of 40 - maybe more. As a result, I don't really feel the need anymore to have blow-out days like I did in my previous weight-loss struggles. Eexercise has made the difference for me; I don't know if others have had some same experience, though, so I would be hesitant to recommend this approach.

Good luck with your weigh-in.

Seasaw
171/147WW/144ish/138
Old 02-12-2001, 09:27 PM   #3  

seasaw,
thanks for the input its good to hear that you can eat a higher number of points and maintain, i have heard from some people who have to stay low all the time. i was a little worried about that, and it also contributed to my "day of fun"!
how often do you exercise, and what type of exercise? and do you still journal/track? i have been in the program since august, and track every day- even when it would be easier not to
thanks for the advise!
Old 02-13-2001, 12:52 AM   #4  

saskie: I try to exercise at least four times per week. I took up running about 18 months ago, and up until the beginning of the winter months, I had no difficulty in getting out at least that often for a minimum of 30 minutes. When I trained for a 10-k race last summer, I was running a minimum of five times per week for longer periods.

Since the snow hit sometime before Christmas, I have had to rely on a gym for my exercise sessions. I don't like that as much, so I'm not as motivated. Also, the 20-minute limit per workout on the treadmill makes longer sessions difficult. Oh, I do cheat from time to time like yesterday and get 40 minutes in, but not as often as I'd like.

Consequently, I am looking forward to getting back outdoors.

I still journal, but not as regularly as when I was still losing. I manage to record most of the weekdays, but weekends seem more difficult for some reason. I still find it useful, particularly if I gain a few pounds. Tracking seems to make me more aware of what goes into my mouth.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Seasaw
Closed Thread