Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 01:24 PM   #16  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

No snow here, but it is foggy. Nasty foggy and what are you doing driving a grey car without your lights on? Yikes.

Lisa -- I love Robert Parker, but I'll wait until he's in paperback. The cabin was empty because it was the last flight of the day to Chicago, a weekday and no one wants to pay a 250 buck supplement to upgrade a cheap fare with miles, so the cabins are staying empty. Nice, but i'll be sitting in the back way more now.

Pam --Happy bd to DH! Lets hope you guys make it to NYC! Are you driving (brave) or training? I am bummed about your car troubles. DP and I often carpool or go lots of places together. Her truck is too hard for me to drive,so we put most of the miles on my station wagon.

Melissa -- I noticed it was lovely and partially dark when I left work yesterday at 5:30. Its getting better for sure.

The heating guys are back today to put in a control valve, this should stop our excessive heat problem. We just got the bill (yikes) and not really crazy about paying it until everything is solved.

lala
Old 01-26-2005, 01:46 PM   #17  

Height: 6'0"

Pam, oh, I want to see Wicked. I hope the weather is not a show-stopper! Let us know how the play is--the music is fabulous.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:55 PM   #18  

Height: 5'7"

Lala: I had the chance to walk through Kensington gardens when I was there--hard to imagine it's been a year already! The group is heading to Ireland this year and I passed on it. I'm not a fan of fog and especially of drivers who don't know how to turn their headlights on...use some common sense people! Hope the new valve solves your heating problems.

Pam: It's snowing here, too. This morning we had freezing rain so I had to chip the ice off of the car this morning. It was icy driving in but at lunch time it was better. The temps have dropped from 33 to 18 and tomorrow it's supposed to be 8-10...brrrrr. I know a member from our WW center who is going to see Wicked in March. I hear it's good.

Lisa: I'm glad someone is having nice weather On the up side tomorrow is supposed to be sunny so I'll get outside and get some sun.

Susan: Hope you're not seeing anymore snow and like you know this is only a temporary thing and that Spring isn't all that far off. 54 days until Spring!

Well I braved the weather and went to my meeting and was not at all happy with the results. I was up 2.2 and was shocked. I'm off of the meds for my back and I haven't been doing all that bad in terms of eating but something is not right. I'm going to focus on the week ahead and not dwell on the WI today but it sure is hard to not wallow and eat chocolate (which by the way we're selling for a fundraiser and is sitting on my desk). *deep breath* Next week will be better
Old 01-26-2005, 02:09 PM   #19  
si, si signora

deep breaths all around.

It'll be off by next week Melissa....

lala
Old 01-26-2005, 05:09 PM   #20  

Melissa, I'm sure you haven't been as active because of your back. You're good at getting it off--it will happen!

Oh, those chocolate fundraisers do me in, and Girl Scout cookies, and bake sales, etc. etc...
Old 01-27-2005, 12:16 PM   #21  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Its greyish here today and I'm sort of still in a funque. (trying to change the spelling doesn't seem to help).. However, I did go to the hotel I'm thinking of having my bd in and I was impressed. I can reserve a suite and have dinner in it for a lot less than I was quoted at other places. The place has an amazing view of the space needle and can accomodate around 27 for a sit down dinner, so that is all we're having.

I am taking DP tomorrow so that she can figure out how best to jazz up the room with lights. We're also going to eat at the restaurant that does the catering for the hotel to see if the food is any good.

Other than that, behind as usual and really need to get a check on my mindless snacking....

Lent is around the corner and I'm doing the third year in a row no chocolate, no vending machines and give back 5% for lala.

I can't give up caffeine. I'm spending the last ten days before Easter in Rome. Decaffeinato is a concept in Italy, not really a reality.

lala
Old 01-27-2005, 04:11 PM   #22  

Mindless snacking--now there's a topic. Lately, we have had many customer visits here, so there are snacks everywhere: cookies, brownies, potato chips, nuts (you get the picture). Guess who is eating everything in sight??? Moi! I need to stop or I won't be able to fit out my office door!

lala, no chocolate? I don't know how you do it.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:58 AM   #23  

It's freezing cold here this morning. Only 7 more sleeps and I'm off to warmer climes!!

I jumped on the scale this morning (a no-no, but I had an off program day yesterday due to business travel). I'm actually down half a pound. I hope it doesn't show up Tuesday at official weigh-in. Fingers crossed.

It's getting down to crunch time and I have a busy week ahead. We've got most of the arrangements made for care of the house etc and now I need to concentrate on pulling myself together. I'd like to have my lashes died so that I can dispense with mascara for the duration of the trip. Would love to get a few tanning sessions in too - we'll see.

Have a great weekend folks. We're going out to dinner tonight and tomorrow night too, so I'm concentrating on wise choices.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:25 AM   #24  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! It's a frigid -2 here this morning. I've got my morning coffee to warm me up The up side is that the sun is shining and is supposed to be here all day--now that's a reason for celebration!

Lisa: It'd be tough having all kinds of munchies around the office--luckily I can control that here because I'm in a 2-person office and the other offices in the building don't tend to "party" like the old occupants.

Lala: DH was talking about Lent and what he was going to do--the last few years he's given up having a beer with the rugby guys on Thursdays. I'm not sure what I'm going to do--I've given up tortilla chips in the past. The mindless snacking I can identify with, it's easy to eat without thinking.

Susan: Sounds like everything is coming together for your trip. 7 sleeps is not a long time before you leave. Here's hoping you have a great loss on Tuesday!!

I've got a long day ahead of me today. I'm working at WW this evening and following the meeting we're having a retention workshop that is supposed to last for 2 hours. The other receptionist I work with on Friday evenings and I are going to have to eat in between. Luckily there's a restaurant right next door to the center and we can get take out. They have a "waist" watcher menu and the selections are good so we're going to order from there. I couldn't not eat. Tomorrow DS #2 has bowling and Sunday a local charity is having their "Souper" Bowl. It's a lot of fun and you get to taste soups from a bunch of different restaurants. You onlyl get about 2 ounces but it's more than enough and usually by the time you're done you're full. The weather is supposed to get a little warmer so that'll be nice. I really need to tackle some indoor things but I keep putting them off.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:16 AM   #25  

Susan, before you know it you'll be on your way to Thailand. Congrats on your continuing losses. You're doing great.

Melissa, -2?? That is awful. Is it supposed to last a while? You are going to be busy; yes, don't skip meals. I like that name: Waist Watchers Menu.

Let's see, tomorrow I'm working at the church rummage sale. Those are fun. On Sunday, I have rehearsal and then a gathering at a friend's house.
Old 01-28-2005, 01:14 PM   #26  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Sunnyish and warmish here in Seattle. I went outside this am and marvelled at all the hellebores poking their heads up (need to plant more white ones) and the fact the snowdrops and crocuses are all going crazy. I'm hoping to do a bit of garden clean up this weekend if the weather cooperates.

Melissa - yikes on the weather stay warm. Your waist watcher lunch sounds good, ditto on the soups. There is a new soup cookbook out called S.O.U.P.S. : Seattle's Own Undeniably Perfect Soups that we gave as christmas presents this year. It looked really good.

I'm thinking mindless snacking is number one cause of my inability to shake these last 15 lbs... I just read the feb. 2005 oprah at the gym and she said one thing that helped her lose her weight was not eating anything 3 hours before bed.

I can try that and see if it helps.

Susan -- yeah for you and going somewhere warm. You are brave to do the eyelash dyeing, as for tanning, er, no comment. I like it but I know I shouldn't do it. I will probably remain sallow all summer this year.

Lisa -- I can give up chocolate easy, its the sweet stuff in general that is hard. Have fun at the rummage sale.

Hi Pam!

Nothing doing here. I have to pick up DP today at noonish, we're going to look at the suite for my bd dinner and then I'm skipping out of here early to get a pedi.

I'll probably have to work this weekend to get a poster together for a meeting... fun, fun. fun.

lala
Old 01-28-2005, 02:53 PM   #27  
si, si signora

well, i succumbed to peer pressure and booked a ticket (miles) to london for president's day weekend. Hey, at least I can cancel with no penalty...

I'm hoping to do this whole trip for under 500 bucks...

lala
Closed Thread