Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2001, 09:04 AM   #1  

Thumbs up

Hello all,
As some of you might know, I am currently on 6 weeks maintenance before I get to lifetime but during this period I am trying to lose the FINAL 10. Anyway, I gained 1 pound yesterday and I am so mad that I cried Why does this happen? And the funny thing is this past week I felt fat... I am 6 days away from TTOTM.. Could this do it? Guys, let me tell you that this maintenance thing is not easy!! I am so happy to be at this point but I feel somewhat lost. You really have to let go of very high expectations.
Well, if you have any good suggestions, I'd appreciate it!!

fran
Old 05-06-2001, 10:24 AM   #2  

Fran,
Please do not worry about 1 lb.! It could definitly just be water retention from TOM coming, or something that you've recently eaten. Just stay OP and drink some extra water. It will pass.
Reaching goal is a great feeling, but for some, afterwards can be a little disappointing. For me it was harder than starting WW the first time. Not only do you have to continue everything(esp if you're still losing), but everyone's attitude towards you has changed. They don't realize you're still in the battle and sometimes you don't get the encouragement that you did before goal.
I also realized that while my body had changed everything in my life was not perfect like I told myself it would be. I have to work on those things separately and I wasn't expecting that.
You can do it. Just tell yourself this is the next step in your weight loss journey. You have to step back and regroup. Take a deep breathe( or a walk) and keep going. And don't sweat that pound...it will be gone!

Good luck,
Rachel
Old 05-06-2001, 05:11 PM   #3  

Default Why??

Don't forget that while you are doing maintenance this is the time to find out just how many points you can have with out gaining weight. If you gained this week probably you were told to continue the same pts for another week if TOM was expected or to cut back by two points. Then you will see if you can level out. Once you know just how many points you can maintain your weight you can always drop back in points to lose another few pounds. This is your learning time.

Once you get to lifetime it does not get easier. You still must continue counting points, drinking your water and journaling or you will be right back to where you started when you joined W W. Those of us that have returned to W W over the years to take it off again can attest to that. Be smart and make this your eating plan for life. The older you get the harder and longer it takes to lose.
Old 05-06-2001, 07:38 PM   #4  

Default WOW!

What sound advice i have received..Thank you!!

Rachel- You are so right!! People have treated me different now that I am where I am in the weight loss battle. Although there have been positive responses, there have also been many sabatogers especially my mom. She wants to see me pregnant. I want to see her complement me on my efforts.

Lighter,
You are so right. This is a learning period for me. I can no longer look back but move forward with my new body. This is hard. I still hide behind big clothes just to be left alone. I am not always so comfortable with the complements i receive. I don't even know how to respond without saying Thankyou, but.... I am learning everyday. Thanks once again.
Old 05-07-2001, 12:49 AM   #5  

Default Why, Oh, Why

Dear Fran, As you grow out of those fat lady clothes, get rid of them. Out of the closet, be gone. Be proud of the new you. You don't have to wear sexy clothes but just things that flatter you and fit and aren't baggy.
When someone tells you how nice you look or how thin you look, just say 'thank you' and move on to another topic. You don't have to make any further comments. If they ask how you did it just say W W and hard work that you practice every single day. People will admire you for your perserverance and sticktoitiveness. (is there really such a word) If they didn't notice wouldn't we all wonder what was wrong with them? If you really want to shock them get a new hair style. They won't even know you. Be happy, you deserve it, you've worked hard to get where you are and stay there.
Old 05-07-2001, 12:39 PM   #6  
J0

Default Maintence in the real world

Losing weight and then maintaining at goal have been compared to being pregnant, then having the baby.

During your pregnancy, you get lots of attention and support. You meet all your challenges, steadfastly face the inevitable ups and downs, and look forward with great anticipation to the baby's arrival.

Then the baby arrives, and the real work begins. The baby is high maintenance and requires constant vigilance. You can never stop paying attention to the baby. Your life is never quite the same once the baby arrives, and it's hard to figure out how to deal with it at first. You finally get the hang of it, but it requires constant fine-tuning and modification, even though you'd like to go on auto pilot some days.

This is the world of maintenance. Of course, having a baby AND keeping the weight off are worth it, and offer plenty of rewards. But neither are for the faint-hearted.

Good luck everyone.

Jo

196/156
Lifetime 2 years; 2 kids (Yikes)
Closed Thread