Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 07:28 AM   #1  

Default Thin4Life - October 25, 2004

Good morning. All of you sox fans must be delirious. Even those of us who don't follow baseball are caught up in the fever!

Speaking of fevers, I was sick all weekend. I don't know if I have a really terrible cold, or am having a really terrible allergy episode. Whatever it is, I feel really terrible. Don't know what I'm doing at work. I think I may gather up something mindless to do and head home again.

On the lighter side of the news, I have no appetite, so maybe something good will come of this

Hope you're all doing much much better.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:49 AM   #2  
Sherry

Default Good Monday Mng!

Good Monday Morning to you all!
I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Sherry, I'm 39 yrs. old. I'm married w/2 children Taylor 7 and Trent 9. I've been married for 11 yrs just a week ago (oct. 16th). I just found your website last nite and so far I love it! I'm still learning my way around but I figure I'll get there.
I've always had to watch my wt. But since turning 35 it's gotten way out of control. I don't know if it's due to a metabolism change w/age or what but I needed to do something about it. I've tried every diet you can think of but I alway end up back to weight watchers. I recently rejoined a couple weeks ago but haven't done too well so far. BUT I'm not quiting! My mtg is Wed. and I'm starting over like I'm new. I am a lifetime memeber, I did really well w/it the yr. I got married so I know I can do it. I hope to find alot of support here which I'm sure I will.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:00 AM   #3  

Height: 6'0"

Welcome, Sherry. Yes, you can do it. Weight Watchers is the way to go. I've been lifetime for a little over two years. We are friends here who will encourage you.

Susan, so sorry to hear that you're not well. You probably need to rest. Yes the Sox are really doing well. Now they had to Cardinal territory.

I visited my parents over the weekend. It was good to see them. I hadn't been able to visit because of the hurricanes. They had minor damage at their house (thank God). I also saw my sister and her house. She has it fixed up so cute. I couldn't believe it was the same house!

Eating-wise, I was just horrible this weekend. I don't know what we call it, but I'm in the pattern of doing well all through the week and then on the weekend, I just eat too much and all the wrong foods.
Old 10-25-2004, 12:30 PM   #4  
si, si signora

Hi everyone and welcome Sherry!

Busy weekend here. Mostly running around and gardening. Put our ppatch to bed and planted 120 bulbs, still have about 450 left to go!

My body aches.

Did some stuff around the house, did a bit of shopping and read some great trashy reading (David Sedaris and a few mysteries). I am now 60 pages of 400 into the book I need to finish for my seminar, so I better get cracking. Its interesting, but a bit dry...

DP is getting over her cold, she has a irritating cough, but hopefully, it'll be better soon.

Our oven is acting up, its a double range (not in the wall), a 40" wide stove/oven combo and the little oven is not heating and the big oven is amazingly hot. We ruined dinner two nights in a row before we figured out what is going on. Sounds a bit expensive to fix too.

Oh well.

Lisa -- Sounds like you had a nice visit. What did you sister do to her house?

Susan -- get well soon. Being sick is no fun.

Sherry -- You'll get lots of support here.

Everyone else-- hope you are all well. I didn't watch the games, but like I said before, I am happy to see both teams in the WS.

lala
Old 10-25-2004, 12:37 PM   #5  

Hi Ladies,

YEAH SOX

This weekend went by much too quickly and here we are at Monday again. The weekend was very nice and turned out to be pretty busy. Went out to eat with friends on both Saturday and Sunday and tried to be good, but ended up going over both days with my points. Oh well back to a clean slate today. I have a feeling this week is going to be very long with many late nights watching the Sox. There not playing tonight, so I'll try and get to sleep early since it will be the only time this week.

Susan so sorry you were not feeling well this weekend. Don't push it at work. I laughed when I read your comment regarding having no appetite. That's exactly how I think when I'm not feeling well.

Lisa sounds like you had a nice visit with your family. Glad they did not have a lot of hurricane damage. I'm in a similar rut with eating. I'm doing fine during the week but really overdoing it on the weekend. My plan is to be down 5 lbs by Thanksgiving which is very doable but I just need to get my act together.

Welcome to Sherry, nice to "meet" you.

Hi to Lala and Melissa, hope you both had a nice weekend.

Talk to you later.
Old 10-25-2004, 04:16 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Good afternoon everyone!

Sherry: Welcome to our group! We give each other support, share recipes, encouragement, etc. It's a fun group I'm 42, have 2 boys (19/13), married (22 years), and have been a LT member for 5 years. It's a constant struggle at times but it's worth it. I agree, I think our bodies change as we get older and the metabolism isn't quite as effective as it was when we were younger.

Susan: I hope you're feeling better soon! Could it be a sinus infection??? I know when my allergies kick up I tend to cross over into the infection stage. No fun there!

Domina: I'm right behind you on the horrible eating over the weekend. I've had some horrible episodes of eating way too many tortilla chips! Aaaaahhhhh!!!! Those things are evil! I'm trying to stay away from them and get back on track.

Lala Hope your oven doesn't cost big bucks to get fixed. It's no fun when the thermostat goes and you could fire a brick in the oven. Sounds like quite a chore planting all those bulbs but the result in the Spring is probably spectacular! Good luck with the reading.

Pam: I was switching between the game and the movie (The Dead Will Talk or something like that) last night. Curt Schilling looked like he was in pain--I can't imagine having the surgery he did so that he could play. I'd love to see the Sox win it all--they deserve it!

My weekend was okay--Saturday DS #2 ran in his cross country meet and shaved 2 minutes off of his time. We went to the rugby game in the afternoon. Sunday was quiet--watched the football games and did laundry and stuff around the house. The weekends just go by so quickly!
Old 10-25-2004, 04:27 PM   #7  
si, si signora

Ooops, I forgot ..
I bought halloween candy on Saturday --- only things I hate.

We'll be gone from Friday until Sunday am, so the candy will be at work as soon as Monday rolls around.

lala
Old 10-26-2004, 01:44 PM   #8  

lala: I've given DH instructions already regarding the Hallowe'en candy - wrestle it away from me if you see me into it before Sunday, and get it out of the house Monday morning. Have you figured out what's wrong with your oven? I apparently have that irritating cough too, according to DH who's been sleeping downstairs for most of the past week.

Sherry: Welcome. I'm 50 (gee it's weird to say that), have a significant other who is the same age. No kids - just expensive tropical fish that keep dying on us. We are having preliminary discussions about a dog however. I've been lifetime for about 10 years. Went back about six years ago and got back down to goal weight. Maintained that goal weight until this year when, for some strange reason, I tossed all of my good habits in favour of junk food. I'm back at it though and have set a goal of 20 lbs by 1st of Feb. Maybe we can do this together?

Pam: Why don't we work on a 5 lb mini goal by US Thanksgiving? You'll probably lose at least 3 this week worrying over the sox

Melissa: Welcome back. You know, I didn't think about sinus infection. I seem to be better today and am considering going for a run tonight. I just know I'll feel better once I'm running again.

Lisa: It's easy to fall into that "it's the weekend" frame of mind. As long as it's restricted to 2 days, you should probably be OK. It's when it's the weekend every day that things spiral out of control. That's what's been happening to me.

I'm almost afraid to say this in case I jinx myself, but I seem to have experienced that little "click". You know - the one you have when you finally get serious. I intend to keep really busy over the next few days, get a little loss "under my belt" so to speak.
Old 10-26-2004, 02:20 PM   #9  
si, si signora

Afternoon East coasters...

I have spent the majority of the morning dealing with home crises while at work. Good thing I have a speaker phone.

Susan -- Good for you and the click. I am getting there, but slowly. I'm feeling like my 40th is reason enough to get to goal.

Everyone else, hi and hope you are enjoying a brilliant fall day, even you Lisa in a very warm place.

lala
Old 10-27-2004, 07:46 AM   #10  

I feel lighter this morning but am resisting the urge to jump on the scales. Had a great run last night; the temperature was perfect and I felt renewed and invigorated when I woke this morning. That's a big change from the way I've felt for the past few weeks.

Question for you. Do all whole grain breads count as 1 point, or is it still those with 3 g fibre per slice? I'm not sure how to count bread anymore for some odd reason.

I'm out of town on business tomorrow and off on Friday. The weekend will be busy catching up on many things that have been neglected during my recent bout of illness. I hope we get decent weather because I also intend to run Thursday, Friday and either Saturday or Sunday. I'm gonna get this flab off if it kills me!

Susan
Old 10-27-2004, 09:41 AM   #11  

Height: 5'7"

Morning everyone!

Susan: The bread I get is Brownberry Light Wheat which is a 100% whole wheat bread and 2 slices are 1 point. If I remember right the fiber is above 3. Maybe someone else on the thread has more info on your question. Good for you for getting out for a run. I took advantage of the nice weather yesterday too and went for a walk at lunch time. It's a great feeling to have things "click"--keep up the great work and you'll lose those extra pounds that you want to.

Lala: My driving force when I joined WW was to not be overweight when I turned 40. I wanted to be fit and healthy going into the next decade. You can do it!!!

Pam: GO SOX!!!

Lisa: Hope things are going well with you!

Sherry: Enjoy your meeting today! I go at 12:15 and enjoy the interaction with the members. It's my "standing" appointment on Wednesdays and if I can't make my 12:15 I feel like I've forgotten something.

My eating has been erratic the past few days--I can do well all day long and then I'm off the beaten track in the evening. Time to find things to keep me busy and out of the kitchen!
Old 10-27-2004, 09:49 AM   #12  

Height: 6'0"

Hi there. It's beautiful here, low 80's and low humidity (that's the right combination). AC is off. I've been busy still gathering quotes to repair hurricane damage. It's getting closer.

Yesterday, we went to an office lunch at a Japanese steakhouse. It was very good, but I was so full, I couldn't eat. Later I had a low-fat yogurt and that was it. I'm glad I didn't try to stuff in any more food.

lala, I'm with you on the home issues--all these contractors are driving me nuts. Yep, 40 was a big one for me (10 years ago). I'm much happier being thinner.

Sherry, FYI. I'm also 50 (same as Susan), married, no children, just 5 birds. I've been lifetime for over two years. I'm just having problems with weekends--eat way too much.

Pam, go Sox! I think they may do it.

Susan, I think any whole wheat bread that has 3 g of fiber is 1 point.

Melissa, keeping busy is the key.
Old 10-27-2004, 10:31 AM   #13  

Hi Ladies,

It is so dark in the morning, I'm glad we're setting the clocks back an hour on Sunday. It seems like when the alarm goes off at 6 am it's till the middle of the night. Well, of course another late night for me...but yeah... the sox pulled it off again. I sure hope they can clinch it tonight. I'm wondering if they win the series if DH will actually stop watching them liked he promised. I really doubt it, he is such a huge fan. He went to school and lived in Boston for several years and has been watching them play since he was a kid. We usually go to Fenway for a couple of games every year but the tickets are getting so hard to get. He went to 2 games but I didn't go to any this year.

Susan I'm game for a 5 lb challenge. I'm glad you heard the "click" . Like I said I'm good during the week but am going to do better on the weekends...starting this weekend! Glad you are feeling better and enjoying your runs.

Lisa 80's and low humidity... you are so lucky. I woke up this morning and realized I forgot to put the car in the garage last night, needless to say I was scraping frost off the windshield. Ah New England.

Melissa 40 was a big turning point for me also. I remember the years leading up to it caused quite a bit of anxiety, but I am really enjoying my 40's. I got myself in pretty good shape and I am determined to stay that way.

Lala I hope your home crises are over and yesterday wasn't too stressful. When are your turning 40?? This coming year?? Do tell.

Well back to work. Please root for the Sox tonight.
Old 10-27-2004, 12:26 PM   #14  

You're on Pam. I will weigh in officially at WW on Friday morning and aim for 5 lbs gone by Nov. 25th. That's entirely do-able, following the program of course (smile)
Old 10-27-2004, 01:00 PM   #15  
si, si signora

I'm in for five. Weighing in tomorrow.

I turn 40 at the end of February. I got a nice compliment from one of the trainers at the gym today, she said I was looking much more toned. Maybe its the kickboxing, who knows.

Okay, have the blinds guy coming out, the oven guy, need to call the heating guy and figure out if we remove the nice heater in the main floor bathroom how much the price will come down....

Will post the garlic lime chicken recipe when I find it. I used it on Monday and have been eating brown rice, coleslaw mix, garlic lime chicken and guacamole (core) for lunch. Yum.

Needs a bit of hot sauce though.

Big thing here -- I got rid of 12 years of Martha Stewart Livings. Can you believe it? I also got rid of huge hunk of other cooking magazines and am waiting to foist 6 years of british cooking magazines on my friend who is currently vacationing in Japan. It feels great to finally fling.

Go sox, go cards. Go ladies!

lala
Closed Thread