Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 06:13 PM   #1  

Default August/September mini-challenge!!

Yay ladies! So, here are the people participating in the challenge:

Linda (derrydaughter)
Dawny (dawnydw)
Melanie (emerald)
Dale (aricsmama)
Natalie (sugar_cane)

Ok, so it's five of us. We have the "10 pounds in a month" plan, but if anyone feels more comfortable with lowering the number of pounds to suit oneself, that's fine. I copying this post in a new thread as this one is too long and perhaps newbies who want to post in the thread find this confusing. I suggest that everyone pm me every week with their results so as to be able to post them when the challenge ends. Do you want to do this or you prefer to say your losses in the thread? I guess it would be more intriguing to show the results in the end, but please, tell me what you think. I'm starting a new thread now. Thanks for the support girls!!
Old 08-20-2004, 01:00 AM   #2  
Certified Diva

S/C/G: 204.2/162.6/145

what challenge???? I guess I need to pay more attention huh?!

ETA: GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!!!

Last edited by DEMIgirlie; 08-20-2004 at 01:01 AM. Reason: forgot to say
Old 08-20-2004, 09:01 AM   #3  

Demigirlie, the more the merrier, you can join in and be a "loser" with us!
Linda, Derry daughter
Old 08-20-2004, 09:36 AM   #4  

So, how's this for a challenge. I'm chaperoning a slumber party tonight. 15 teen/preteen girls, movies, popcorn, pizza, chips, cookie dough, soda... I'm doing my best to plan ahead. Light breakfast and lunch planned and I'm sharing a veggie pizza with the other grown up. Flexpoints will be used... oh, yes... they will.

Natalie - I think that we should PM you with our WIs, but can post them here too. My thinking is, 9/17 is a long ways off. One of the great things about this group is instant support, encouragement, etc. It will still be interesting to see the results tallied at the end, b/c I know I forget the total losses over the course of time! So, well... that's my opinion.

Hi Linda! I'll look for my chocoholic recipes and send them your way (saw your other post). I'm trying light brownies tonight for the slumber party!
Old 08-20-2004, 10:28 AM   #5  

Melanie- good luck for tonight! Good for you that you're planning ahead, I'm sure you'll do fine!!

Demigirlie- of course you can join the challenge!!! You can read all about it in the "Let's support each other" thread, although it's a big thread and you might get lost. Let me explain. It's a "10 pounds in a month" challenge, started on August 17-September 17. You can start now, if you want there are no specific rules. You'll post here how the day has been, and get support from us. You'll pm me every week with your results, and you may as well post them here too. At the end of the challenge, I'll post our total losses!

I've had a big lunch today, used up 14 points, but I don't care as I've been eating less that my allowance for a few days now. I guess the hot weather makes me lose my appetite! How are you all doing?
Old 08-20-2004, 01:19 PM   #6  

Just to confirm I'm in. I don't know if 10 pounds is achievable for me or not - but we'll give it a good go!
I'll pm my results on a weds after WI.

Good luck to everyone, and welcome to anyone who wants to join our little group.

Back later with progress report.
Old 08-21-2004, 06:17 AM   #7  
Janette

I'm in! Like Dawny I don't know if I can lose 10 (I'm a slow loser) but I'll give it my best try!

Call me dumb, but how do you PM?

Janette
Old 08-21-2004, 06:58 AM   #8  

Janette, PM is private message. If you click on the dark blue underlined name such as your fiftieslady, it will give you a selection where you can click on a spot that says "send a private message", other selections will be to look for other posts made by a person or see their profile, etc. So, if you click on the private mesage thing, it will lead you to a spot where you can send a message to a member that is like an e-mail, but private.
What Sugar Cane would like us to do is, at the end of a week (a certain day????) is to e-mail our results to her so she can post. She is tracking (could end up a bigger job than she anticipated if more people join in, and she may end up asking people to post results here???) our results and will post them weekly here.
So, since I accepted this "challenge" I have been on my ww program each day, journalling and didn't go over my points at all. I have exercised and have drank all my water. I am hoping to report really nice results.
I am a "slow loser" as well, usually, don't know if I can lose 10 pounds in a month, but won't know unless I try. I think my biggest downfalls are "eating out", which I consider "special occasions" and use those occasions to "cheat". Therefore, I end up using more points and not being on program. But, when a person eats out more than twice a week, those are NOT special occasions, truly, and one must consider keeping totally on program ALL the time.
If I can get through even one week without going over my alloted points for each day, maybe I can truly have the results? I lose something like .2 or .4 in a week, usually. Over time, these have added up, but I am not one to lose those huge numbers that I hear at ww meetings. I'm jealous of those people.
But, I am realistic. I make this program and a life long committment work for me, I must have "treats" now and then and not feel deprived. I am not a robot and have emotional eating times, etc. It's a life long journey, however, having a goal to work for and some competition might truly help me.
If I don't lose 10 pounds, I will have lost something, I know! But, If I approach this saying that I can only lose 5 pounds, it will affect my motivation - so 10 pounds will be my goal as well!
Maybe I really CAN acheive it if I set that goal in front of me? It's worth a try!
Linda in horribly humid NH where the thunderstorms come almost every two hours, like clockwork. Looking forward to a fall weather pattern!
Old 08-21-2004, 09:45 AM   #9  

Janette- Welcome on the challenge! I can totally understand that 10 pounds might be an unrealistic goal for some of us, I suggested it cos it truly is my own goal, but it's also a "higher goal" to keep us motivated. I might not achieve it myself, but even if we lose 6, 7 or maybe 3 pounds is a victory! I don't want people involved in the challenge to be disappointed if they don't lose 10 pounds in a month. It's just a number for motivation.
As for pms, you can pm me your weekly results, it doesn't matter which day you do, I suspect every one of us weighs herself on a different day. I'll keep track on everybody's losses, and will post the final results on September 16-17. Please remember, that if you weigh yourself every day or more than once a week, you can pm me your "official" weekly results, not each day's seperately. Of course, you can post in this thread your results as well.

So, in the end, it doesn't matter how much we lose, I strongly believe that at the end of the challenge we will all have lost weight, and that's enough motivation! No pressure on losing 10 pounds, just losing pounds!

I've been on points since August 17, eating lots of veggies and drinking at least 2 litres of water every day. I can't say I exercise though, I took my dog for a walk yesterday, if that counts!

Are we all doing fine?
Old 08-21-2004, 09:52 AM   #10  

Just to confirm the people involved:

Linda (derrydaughter)
Dawny (dawnydw)
Melanie (emerald)
Dale (aricsmama)
Natalie (sugar_cane)
Janette (fiftieslady)

I need a confirmation on demigirlie.
Old 08-21-2004, 12:54 PM   #11  

Hi, Not too bad today, welcome Janette. As Nat said, any loss is a good loss. Feel like I've been quite good today. Kept plenty of points over for tonight, as it is a weekend and I feel a glass of wine coming on...just a small one of course!
Not much in way of exercise, I'm afraid to say, just shopping, but that doesn't count because I certainly don't do it full speed!
Anyway, just thought I'd pay a quick visit. back soon.
Old 08-21-2004, 02:33 PM   #12  
Janette

Linda, thanks for the information on how to PM. Natalie, you are right 10 lbs. is a good goal and every loss is a step toward that goal. This will help keep me motivated--good luck everyone.
Old 08-21-2004, 09:04 PM   #13  

Good day today, had some sirloin and boiled veggies for lunch, which were lovely. I didn't actually have dinner, I was at a friend's house and I ate a few raw peanuts and a few Cheetos. I hope I'm not over my points, I'll count them as 8 points, guesstimating. Water fine, exercise not, though. Well, I'll post again tomorrow, take care all!!!
Old 08-22-2004, 10:32 AM   #14  

Default Sunday update

Well, I did end up breaking into some flex points yesterday, but still ended the day feeling accomplished. My work out was very good and I felt energetic throughout the day.
Some days are good ones and other aren't. It's amazing how one's moods and attitude can change. I am planning for a superior outcome today, though! It's sunny here and I am so happy that it's not muggy, cloudy and raining! How can one not be "good" when there isn't a cloud in the sky?
Linda
Old 08-23-2004, 02:08 PM   #15  

Better late than never . . . . I'll join in and try for 10# before the end of September, but I'm getting closer to goal and know it will be harder.
Closed Thread