Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 10:38 PM   #16  

Texasgirl,
Welcome to the challenge! Your daughter starts school again already next week?? Our schol doesn't start again until right around Labor Day!! You are lucky that your daughter likes to walk with you. Mine is almost 2, and although she enjoys the stroller when she is in the mood, I look forward to actually walking together. Good luck with your goals, and happy belated birthday!
Old 07-27-2004, 10:41 PM   #17  

Hi Tara and Welcome Tex-glad you could join us! Those little wakeup calls are often all it takes to help set goals for yourself. Walking is such a great way to get in shape and with the heat in Texas - a treadmill seems like the smartest thing to do. I turned 45 last fall and to prove to myself that I wasn't old - I trained for and accomplished walking a full marathon. I have to admit that I felt pretty darn old the next day but the fact that I finished is something I will always feel proud of.

I totally relate to the difficulty with journaling. I use WW on-line and enjoy that method. My little trick is to make myself a cup of green tea, shut my office door and take ten minutes every afternoon to force myself to take a break from work (and everything else). Those few minutes of quiet time makes journaling a treat rather than a chore. I'm lazier about it on the weekends and need to be more careful with that.

The past few days have been a bit difficult for me and I'm dreading my weigh in tomorrow. I am frustrated with how slow the weight is coming off but keep telling myself that the anti-inflammatory drugs and the fact that my foot is extremely swollen are contributing factors but after a while the excuses get old.

Susie
Old 07-28-2004, 10:04 AM   #18  

Weighed in this morning and was down .8 from last week and went down a points range (yikes). Maybe the lower points will speed things up for me?
Old 07-29-2004, 08:44 AM   #19  

Thank you for the welcome! My kids actually start school August 13 but since I work at school I have to be there earlier. We get out of school before Memorial Day. However, I miss those 3 full months of Summer I had when I was a kid. I know it is going to be hard to fit in exercise. When school starts, I know when I get home, I just want to rest. But maybe if I jump in the pool as soon as I get home, it will revive me and then I will go out and walk.

Way to go Susie! I know how great it feels to have any sort of loss when you weigh in at the meetings and how bad it feels when you have a gain. I am trying to do WW at home because living in a small town, meetings are only available once a week, one town away, so it is sometimes hard to make the meetings. I am now getting an office job at school (I was a teacher's aide), so I'm hoping I'll get the chance to log on to 3FC for a few minutes each morning to get the motivation I need to stick with my plan for the day.
Old 07-30-2004, 10:02 AM   #20  

Finally Friday! It has been a long work week and I am so ready to wrap it up and enjoy the weekend. DH took the day off and is getting all the errands done today so that we can enjoy full days of fun. Don't have much planned - except test driving some cars and doing some cooking. I am going to try to plan out next weeks menus and grill a bunch of food for lunches and quick-fix dinners. I stayed within my points yesterday but I'm not too proud of having frozen pizza (Traders Joes - very good and relatively low points), popcorn and pudding for dinner.

Wishing you a wonderful OP weekend!

Susie
Old 08-02-2004, 01:31 PM   #21  

Default Rally Time

There are only 5 weeks to go until Labor Day!

I am setting my goal at an 8 pound loss before then. My foot is getting better and I was able to take 2 short walks this weekend. I don't think, however, that I am going to make my original goal of taking my favorite 3-mile walk by Labor Day. Instead, I am going to try and get up to 10 miles on my stationary bike by then (much less painful than walking).

Wishing you fortitude and luck in your quest to meet your Labor Day goals!
Closed Thread