Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 03:53 PM   #1  
Chocolate lover

Red face New Girl!

Hello, My name is Tara. I'm a 28 year old ww life time member. I recently lost 50lbs. and I am attempting to maintain it. I've gone up and down 5-10lbs. in the last little while. I found this site in hopes to find the support and motivation I need to stay on track. I would love to join your group. Hope to talk to someone soon!Thank you ,
Tara
Old 07-19-2004, 04:32 PM   #2  

Glad you found us, Tara. Lots of good support here.
Old 07-19-2004, 05:08 PM   #3  
Chocolate lover

Thank you Susan for you quick reply, hope to keep in touch!
Tara
Old 07-20-2004, 08:03 AM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Welcome Tara!

I am new to ww but not to the site! I hope you love it here!!!!!
Old 07-20-2004, 08:04 AM   #5  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Where is my HEAD???

I didn't not congratulate you on your success!

That is awesome!!!!!!! Congrats Congrats
Old 07-25-2004, 07:19 PM   #6  

Tara,
Bravo to you, that is wonderful.
I am new to the site also. I did WW years ago and lost 35lbs. Kept it off for 7yrs. Got pregnant, gained 70, lost 30lbs, got divorced and gained almost 70lbs. I have gone back to WW 4X since, being a single mom (on the South Shore of MA), attending meetings and staying focused and not depressed is extremely diffucult. I have been in a self pitty mode... for 5 years now. How did you do it????????
I feel like I can't stay on any diet. I have tried everyone known to the universe and cannot stay on any of them. I cannot even motorvate myself to exercise. ONce upon a time I acutally use to compete in step aerobics. Now I can barely do 10 minutes of step. I am sorry to rain on your parade. Again, congrates to you and your accomplishments. Any advise any one has would be appreciated. Thank you Lynne
Old 07-25-2004, 07:53 PM   #7  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Congratulations Tara and welcome to the site!

Merrick- You are right, it is never easy. My advice is to stick to it and keep going to the meetings - I have found a lot of help and motivation from my leader and other members over the last year. 10 minutes of step is better than 0 minutes of step so keep at it and I am sure you will increase your time - you can do it
Old 07-25-2004, 08:01 PM   #8  

thank you, do you go to WW regularly? How do you stay motivated?
Old 07-25-2004, 11:42 PM   #9  

I go to WW meetings every Monday like clockwork. If I don't make it then a go to a meeting at another location.

My motivation is basically for health reasons. My mum has high blood pressure and had a lumpectomy for breast cancer about 10 years ago and now suffers from arthritis in her knees. My dad suffers from Angina. Both of my parents did not eat well for years and lead a sedentary lifestyle- I know their poor eating habits contributed to their health problems so I am trying to take care of myself now while I can.

The best support for me has been having a friend as a diet buddy (she is on WW too) and my husband is the best - he eats the same way I do now and has banned junk food from the house except for his pop which I don't like and won't drink. He is very supportive.

I have to admit that I am not very good at journalling but I am trying to get better.

Things I do for motivation:

-Think about the $$ I am spending - I better darned well lose if I am spending the money to do it

-look at old before photo's and think "Do I really want to be there again?"

-I have a dress in my closet that hasn't fit for a few years and I take it out once in a while to look at it and I say to myself - "You will fit into this dress again!"

- I set mini-goals for myself each month but make sure they are realistic.

- I keep all my WW materials together in a folder and when I feel myself slacking off or when I hit a plateau I review everything and it makes me get back into the mind set of working on losing again.

- I go to bellydancing twice a week and WW once so that is 3 days of me not sitting on my couch watching t.v. and munching! Plus it has been a great way to meet new people.

- I go for a daily 1/2 hour walk on my lunch break at work. I find getting outside puts me in a better mood and less likely to eat out of boredom in the afternoon.

Hope this helps!
Old 07-26-2004, 07:54 PM   #10  

thank you so much for the advise and your time. Today I woke up and did 20 minutes of Pilates and I have stayed within my point range all day. I have avoided all unhealthy snacks... so far. I will pray for the will to stay on track for today.
Thank you. I really do need to go back to WW meetings. Time, sitters, and money play a huge roll in being able to go to a meeting. I will get over the excuses and go. Thank you again.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:39 PM   #11  

You are welcome

Sounds like you had a great day today!

Well hey, if you can't make it to the meetings right now you can use the materials you have and this site full of great people o who offer support and advice. I really enjoy the community feeling here.

If you have any questions just post on one of the threads or start a new one and I am sure you will be able to find some answers.

One of the things I do to help myself is buying the WW magazine and reviewing the success stories and using the recipes and the weekly menus from the back to help plan my meals.
Old 07-28-2004, 06:31 PM   #12  

Hi Tara,

Just also started WW on Monday, I am going to the meetings since that makes me more accountable. I am now at 143. Still can't believe that I am ten pounds over. I have three girls 5 1/2, 7 1/2 and just 9 I lost all my weight with ww between each girl. Over the last two years I have slowly been creeping up. I know that it is not a high number, but WAY over what I want to be. I will never buy larger cloth then an 8. That is the deal I have made with myself.

Wish everyone luck. I am going to try and check in daily so that I have support other then on Monday.

I also live in Massachusetts.

Bethee
Old 07-29-2004, 02:56 PM   #13  

Welcome Bethee
Old 07-30-2004, 08:44 AM   #14  
Running Babe

Tara, Bethee and Lynne: I hear y'all. I am about 10lbs over my WW goal right now and 20lbs over my personal goal. I have restarted meetings last week (lost 3.5lbs on the first week) and have made it my mission to stick with it sans excuses. We all got to goal initially (many members of WW drop out before that) so I think we can do it again yah

Mauvais Roux: Asides from the smaller clothes sizes, I am also looking at my parents health. My mom at one point was having 3 hours naps daily. She actually got to goal two years ago, but has been struggling since so it's giving me more inspiration to eat well (I tend to rub off on her when I am eating well, just harder now since I see her at most once a month). Her high blood pressure is still high but has stabalized a lot more (that's genetic, another reason for me to work hard). My dad was diagnosed with diabetes two years ago and he's eating super well (still smokes though) and since I am already showing signs of pre-diabetes at the age of 26 it's imperative that I eat well.

Good Luck everyone

Ali
Old 07-30-2004, 02:13 PM   #15  

Ali- my main goal right now is good health and being fit and taking care of myself now before it becomes an even bigger struggle.
Closed Thread