Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2001, 11:21 AM   #16  

Default M105, Great Choice!

You can also get the Palm IIIXE at Staples.com for $140 after coupon (found at www.dailyedeals.com).

The journal only holds one week!

Last edited by Sharon M; 03-15-2001 at 01:59 PM.
Old 03-15-2001, 11:28 AM   #17  

Default Here is the link...for the coupon

http://www.dailyedeals.com/coupons/computers.htm
Old 03-15-2001, 12:35 PM   #18  

Sharon -
Thanks for the tip! I had been planning on getting the m100 as a birthday present for my husband. Now, for the same price, I got the IIIxe with lots more memory. (The only drawback to ordering through Staples as opposed to another site is that you have to pay tax as they have stores in every state - although shipping is free.)
Old 03-15-2001, 02:03 PM   #19  

I have a question for you Palm users - Once you enter your daily journal info on any of the software , can you save it back to your "real" computer to keep a historical record ?
Old 03-15-2001, 04:45 PM   #20  

I don't think that there is any way to log the information into your desktop computer....I have a feeling that it won't be added in the future because the palm journal i have is freeware, and unless WW buys it out, I don't think it will be updated often if at all.

In regards to the Handspring vs. Palm. They have the same OS, but the handspring tends to be a bit cheaper than the palm (more memory, etc). It is also cool cuz it comes in different colors. I use the Palm V and love it cuz I don't have to worry about changing batteries all the time. My BF has the Handspring and is always changing batteries. The other benefit of the Handspring is that it seems to have a lot of add on things, but I don't feel a great need to get them (camera, modem, etc). Both are equally compatible with the Mac, but the Handspring comes with the USB connection automatically. I think the palm needs an extra cord purchased to use USB.

Basically, they are about the same product. Go to a store and try them out. Be wary of Staples and their rebates though....I had several rebates, but they never had them in stock and then the main corporation blew me off, so I ended up paying full price anyways. Pricegrabber.com is a good place for computer tech stuff comparison shopping.

Oh, and if you can afford to, get the most memory that you can get...especially if you get lots of programs and stuff on your PDA.....

Have fun,
andrea
Old 05-04-2001, 06:36 PM   #21  
Pink Thingy

Default Ok, so I finally got round to it....

I purchased a Sony Clie at the weekend and I am just about to download the whiteoaks journal program onto it. It has only taken me the best part of a week to get used to the PDA I am working on the assumption that the download is straight forward and fool proof? From the specs, I have 8mb of memory and an additional 8mb memory stick - I assume this is more than enough for the journal and the points value.

One last thing - can anyone guide me to the freeware sites which have the food point values available for downloading.

Thanks

Last edited by BigFatBooty; 05-04-2001 at 07:16 PM.
Old 05-04-2001, 07:20 PM   #22  
cookies are for browsers

Is this actually a WW product or are you guys getting this from shareware/freeware sites?

I asked WW 2 years ago to please develop WW software and they wouldn't do it. They had never heard of Palm Pilots and were only interested in selling their cheap plastic gadgets that clutter up the house. Apparently they thought fat people are technologically impaired. And they didn't care that I've spent enough money at WW to buy 6 Palm Pilots. However, they DID spend some time about a year ago chasing down people who were doing it on their own and offering it to others. Apparently the journal is "copyrighted" and they don't like shareware.

You should be able to archive your journals by doing a hot sync and following the instructions in your Palm handbook.

Good luck all, and keep on trackin'!
Old 05-06-2001, 11:11 AM   #23  

Thanks for all the great info. I just downloaded and installed all the WW stuff off dottie's website for Palm users. I am psyched! It was easy -- only took about 30 minutes total. I have a Visor Handspring that I got for Christmas. I adore it. Now that I am electronic with WW, it is even more valuable. Too bad WW International has taken away the e-points calculator. That would have been handy to have loaded. I noticed that it was gone off Dottie's website and one of the sites she had listed for free Palm Pilot downloads. Bummer. Well anyway, thanks for sharing all this great palm pilot info. I am so grateful to stop carrying my WW pack around.
Old 05-12-2001, 10:32 PM   #24  

Is there any place that teaches the technologically impaired how to use a palm? My DH gave me a handspring and modem for Christmas. So far I have learned how to make out a grocery list and enter some phone numbers. I tried to download some things form white oak and had trouble. So I got scared and quit trying. There has to be a place or a person who is willing to help the real dummies like me learn how to use thing. I wanted it because of journaling etc. , but can't figure out how to do it.

How do you get your inspirational stuff so that you can carry it with you? I would love to be able to do that. I have this beautiful new toy and haven't a clue how to use it. Is there anybody out there willing to help? You must remember that this computer makes a normally confident upbeat person become a lump of soggy jello. I just fall apart when things don't work.

How do you cut and paste to a Word document? I do know how to right click to cut and paste. But how do you put it in a Word document? Then how do I get a Word document into my handspring? If anybody out there would be willing to teach me, I would sure appreciate it. You can send me a PM or my e-mail addy is [email protected].
Old 05-13-2001, 10:47 AM   #25  
Pink Thingy

Default Thought I'd sussed it...

but the UK program has does not have a points range i.e you get a fixed amount of points per weight, does anyone know how I can get round this on the WW Journal program? There was I thinking it was gonna be easy?
Old 05-13-2001, 07:50 PM   #26  

Can someone tell me what Dotty's page is? I couldn't find it in the 3FG list.
Old 05-14-2001, 05:25 AM   #27  
Pink Thingy

Lester

hopefully this link will get you there http://www.dottisweightlosszone.com/
Closed Thread