Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2001, 07:49 AM   #16  

For me, Nordstroms=Shoes. Loovvvve them.
Old 02-12-2001, 10:16 PM   #17  

I love Aerosoles - so comfy - and I also buy shoes from Filene's and Macy's (The CT versions of May Co. department stores)

Mary Ellen
Old 02-12-2001, 10:26 PM   #18  
Cowboy Up Chick

Ok ok....let me be more specific....I WANT CHEAP SHOES! LOL! I've looked on Payless's website but they only have black. Ok I need black ones but I need blue and brown ones also.

I hate fadish shoes!
Old 02-12-2001, 11:38 PM   #19  
Senior Tortoise

You can't beat Payless for cheap. Like Tara, though, I can't wear their stuff anymore. Cheaply made shoes wrecked my feet, too.

Another cheap shoes idea for those of us who need higher quality -- Famous Footwear. It's an outlet store that sells name brands for less (hey, do I sound like an ad or what?). I find it hit-or-miss to shop there but occasionally have found some outstanding shoes for not too much. Yes, they do have the ubiquitous chunky black platform shoes (blech), but they also have an assortment, including classic pumps. Just depends on when you're there. Their sales are especially great.

--Lauren, who wishes she *didn't* lose weight in her feet!

[This message has been edited by Lauren H (edited 02-12-2001).]
Old 02-13-2001, 12:00 AM   #20  
Cowboy Up Chick

Actually Payless only has 1 pair of black flats. Arggggg!

Famous Footwear is about the most expensive store I've been in recently for shoes. And their styles are ugly!

I know everyone is trying but I just want plain flats in black, blue and brown.
Old 02-16-2001, 03:35 AM   #21  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Try Target. They had some "old lady" shoes (ok, i am sorry that was a joke but I just could not resist. I love my chunky black shoes) but really, some leather black and brown flats in their spring line. they might work for you.

Trish

Old 02-16-2001, 04:14 AM   #22  
Cowboy Up Chick

Thanks I'll check out Target again but last time (Sunday) when I was in there they didn't have anything but those clunky chunky ones.
Old 02-16-2001, 04:56 AM   #23  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

I think they are just getting their new stuff out. My target had it on the shelves, but my mon's did not yet. So I would check back. Happy shopping.

trish
Old 02-16-2001, 11:29 PM   #24  
Getting better every day!

I purchased some nice blue flats at Shoe Carnival-They are leather, but I got there at a buy one, 2nd pair 1/2 off. My son got gym shoes, and my shoes were $15.00 (originally $30).
I have also had foot problems after purchasing cheap shoes, but since losing 56 lbs., I no longer have problems with my feet.

Parade of Shoes is another store you might try. I have had luck with flats-I too like them in colors-at WalMart and Kmart. I will even purchase shoes from Payless.
Unfortunately, shoe shopping can be one of those things-either you find something right away, or you look forever!!
Good luck shoe shopping!

------------------
Donna
[email protected] (work)
[email protected](home)
Old 02-16-2001, 11:33 PM   #25  

Oh the shoes that have been out the last 4 or 5 years are absolutely horrible!! Huge squarish heels, thick soles. YUCK!!!! Most of them look likes men's shoes. They all look like unisex shoes. These things are awful. Thank God I still have some shoes with a nice, 2 or 3" heel and are pretty. But I would like to buy some new ones. I just get turned off when I look. You sure can't say the shoes that are out now are "pretty, or cute"
Pat
Old 02-17-2001, 04:09 AM   #26  

You can usually get some decent shoes at decent prices in the Chadwick's catalog. Not as cheap as KMart, but not too bad. I'm hard on shoes, too, so I understand you not wanting to spend much on them!

Whne I was in San Diego in December, they had some nice shoes at Mervyn's for not too much. Do they have those in Tucson?
Old 02-19-2001, 12:58 AM   #27  

KELLY you have 25 personal shoppers, lucky girl!

I agree with those who suggested 9-5 (Penneys) 9West (they have outlets) Etienne Aigner (they also have outlets) Aerosoles (website, catalog, and stores) and www.sierratraders.com (limited selection but very highend, like Clarkes and Ecco and fabulous Ariat boots)

I buy shoes in Payless but generally these days scour all sources for comfortable decent-looking shoes that I can walk in. I have narrow feet with high arches, I pronate, and like KELLY my shoes don't have a long life.

------------------
There are many paths up the mountain but we'll all reach the peak if we just keep climbing.
Closed Thread