Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 01:55 PM   #1  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Default Valentine's Day Challenge Week #5

Good morning,

Christie asked if I would start the new thread for this week. So here it is

So how are you all? Sticking ot your rules? I want ot eat so bad today.. how annoying. I'm going to go and buy some ingredients for a salad. Hopefully that will do it

Well, I should go
Diana
Old 02-07-2004, 05:16 PM   #2  

Diana,
I am super hungry the past two days too! It is 4 oclock and I only have 6 pts left for the day- and about 22 flex pts, which I am sure will be used!
The job interview is for a 60% teaching position in the city that I live in. It is resource/special education, which I am not really qualified for. I am hoping since it is only a temp position that I have an ok shot!
My dd is 16 months. All my friends that were nursing their babies have stopped, but dd and I are still going strong. I had thought she would wean by now! It was a good bond for us to have while we were living away from home, I think it helped keep her stable.
How is your weekend going so far, Diana? It is awfully quiet around here! How was your salad? When are you moving?
I better get going...dd is napping and I should hurry and try to get something done!
TTYL!
Old 02-08-2004, 12:25 AM   #3  
A Mom

Tara, way to go with the nursing I am sooo jealous. Oh well, maybe next time. The salad was good, Iahve no idea how many points, but I think I'm at my points target for the day. I took it easy the rest of the day. Hopefully I can keep this up. Tomorrow, I'll be gone pretty much all day, it will be fun. Seeing lots of people. We're moving March 5th, I'm sooo happy
The teaching position sounds ideal being 60% and all. Best of luck to you
Well, should go to bed,
Diana
Old 02-08-2004, 05:09 PM   #4  

Diana,
Why are you moving? Are you happy because you will be with your family?
Congrats on keeping OP this weekend!
I ended up over yesterday- a few too many glasses of wine! I also did not meet my goals for today. But, tomorrow is a new day!
TTYL!
Old 02-08-2004, 11:11 PM   #5  

Well, it has been a while, and unfortunately that does not bring good weight loss news! I knew that January and February were going to be hard and they are. I work as a special education consultant and am involved in lots of special projects that take me away from home to meetings and trainings were my food is not always in my control...that being said I DO take full responsibility…because even when that plate is put in front of me, it is not dictated anywhere that I MUST eat it all or that I can have the snacks at break, or that after all the crap I ate all day, I might was well just eat what I want for the weekend and restart on Monday!!!!!! So I am choosing not to weigh in until this coming up Friday and getting back OP tomorrow morning. I have the next 2 weeks with no overnight trips and there is not reason I cannot stay on program. I had a talk with my boyfriend and he is supportive so it should be a better 2 weeks for me! Wish me luck!

Lily
Old 02-09-2004, 12:21 AM   #6  
A Mom

Tara, don't sweat it. Keep going with the challenge, see how many days you can do it in a row. Always try to keep to the rules at least one day longer. How does that sound. Yummm, wine...lucky you I'm moving because of DHs schooling. It's an apprenticeship program, that's why it's only for 2 months. I'm so excited to spend more time with my family.

Lily, don't weigh if it will discourage you But do get back OP. You'll always be better for it. You can accomplish a lot in 2 weeks.

Diana
Old 02-09-2004, 09:57 AM   #7  

Alright...Hi Girls, It's the Last week!!!

Well, my weekly goals are going good so far. I had a good weekend, 1 slip up on Friday night because we went to a concert and from there went out and we were all starving so I had some Mozzarella Sticks...:-( but other than that I did well.

Me and the husband are on a Salad (fruit and veggie) only diet for 2 weeks. Maybe not the smartest thing, but we have both been following WW and both have gained weight so we decided that we are going to do this for 2 weeks until we go to FL... Neither of us can fit into our clothes!!! SO...we are going to be healthy and just stick to salads!! I am going to exercise 2ce as hard as I have been!! instead of 30 minutes, I will go for an hour!! I am getting better I did 3 miles in 30 minutes on the treadmill the other day...when I started I would be lucky do do 1 miles in 30min. Yeah!!

Hope the rest of you had a great weekend and had some personal successes!!

I know I won't hit the weight portion of my Valentine's challenge, BUT, I can't weight for the next challenge!! I feel like I have to start losing soon!!
Old 02-09-2004, 01:05 PM   #8  
A Mom

Wow, golfergirl you sound determined. I'm sure you can do it
Diana
Old 02-09-2004, 03:43 PM   #9  

Thanks Diana...the frusteration has put me into determination mode!! :-) I stepped on the scale this weekend and was up 2 more pounds!! I don't understand at all!! But all I can do is try harder. I have been working out long enough, and actually do like it, so I don't want the frusteration to make me quit! I know I can do it. But I would like to do it by the 20th, when we leave for FL, because NOTHING FITS!!!
Old 02-09-2004, 06:02 PM   #10  

Welcome back, Lily! Good luck getting back on track!
Diana- Your life will probably be a lot easier with more family near by, thats great! Yes- the wine was yummy! It wasn't "real" wine, but the fruity stuff...we had a good time!
Golfergirl- I can totally understand what you are saying. Good luck with your salad plan- make sure you are getting enough calories/fat/etc... that you don't put your body into starvation mode, or you won't lose anything!
I did not journal again today...tomorrow is my first WI, and I will get back at it after that! I did go to the gym, and I am eating healthy, I just haven't journalled.
I have been a little frustrated- I went to the gym and journalled for 6 days and the scale did not move at all. This wouldn't be a big deal, but normally when I do a fresh start week with WW I lose 6-9 lbs. I know that it is silly of me to fixate on the #, though, so I am going to make myself go to that meeting and journal again.
I am a little afraid of what the scale will say there tomorrow- my home scale says 170, I hopped on the gym scale this morning and it said 180....so I may have a sad night tomorrow night! But I know it will be better a week from tomorrow night!
Thanks for putting up with my ramblings....
Hope you are all having a great, OP, day!
Old 02-10-2004, 04:08 PM   #11  
A Mom

Golfergirl, I don't know what to say about the gain. Could be just muscle I know it's frustrating. How can I help you?

Tara, good luck with the WI tonight I know waht you mean with the expectin to lose more. I thought I would lose lots my first week at WW , I lost but not as muc has I thought. I've been very good this week and don't find the scale moving, and it's frustrating me ggrrrrrr.... I was atlking to my BIL who works out a lot and is my favorite triathlete and he encouraged me to see things over a month instead of a week as it is really more accurate. So I'm tryin got so so to decrease my frustrations.
Well, I should go as I have done very little all day.
Diana
Old 02-11-2004, 01:41 AM   #12  

Diana- I really like that idea, looking at a month instead of a week!
Well, I didn't get to WI tonight. There was a blizzard in the entire southern part of the province, most highways were shut down completely. I did make it to the gym, though. And I am going to resume journalling again.
Uh-oh, I think I hear a baby crying. We have friends & their 3 kids staying overnight, due to the storm. Hopefully it is their baby, not mine!
I have my job interview in the morning, I am up late looking at possible interview questions.
Diana, could you tell me a little more about Fast TracK? I know it is 20 pts every day, no AP or Flex Pts...what else? I think I may give it a try, with 8-10 extra pts per day, to ensure my supply stays up.
How are you finding it?
I better get going.
TTYTomorrow!

BTW- Is anyone going to make their V-Day Challenge, or can we just start a new one?!?! I know I won't make my goal!
Old 02-11-2004, 09:53 AM   #13  

Well, I stepped on the scale last night and was pleasantly suprised!! On Sunday I was 185 and now I am 181...Hopefully it keeps going like that. Last night was good... I ran 2miles and a little on the stair stepper! But supper was not good. We had pizza, well, I had a few breadsticks and my husband had pizza. Not good, but I couldn't take another salad. But I will still keep on the salad thing. It's a good way to lose. We have chicken salads, etc... so it should be healthy as well. I have also made fruit salad with FF cool-whip and angel food cake with the crushed pineapple and ff cool-whip so that's the dessert!

Tara- I will not even be close to my goal for V-day... but not for lack of trying!

Diana- I will take you BIL's advice on seeing it over a month instead of a week! I think that is a good plan...maybe that's how I need to look at it to get the momentum to lose this weight!! Good Plan!!
Old 02-12-2004, 12:30 AM   #14  
A Mom

Tara, when is St Patrick's Day again? How about once VD is over, only 3 more days, then we'll start a new challenge. How does that sound? I know that I won't make my goal either, it makes me a bit sad But I am down from what I was when I started this challenge I heard about hte snow storm, it looks brutal You know how we had such awful weather here a week and a half ago, -47C, well, earlier this week it was +2C and raining, talk about weird. Now it's -10 and that is nice And with the fast track, they didn't give much info, other than a menu that you can pick stuff from, that's pretty much it. Sorry, can't help you. Good luck with the guests over, and hopefully it was their baby crying

Golfergirl,
yeah, you did it, the scale finally budged after all this trying. I ma truly happy for you, and it moved in a big way too. I think it's jusst finally catching up becasue you can't possibly lose 4 pounds in 3 days, but keep up with the salads if you're not tired of them yet Sounds like you're putting some other stuff in there to keep it a bit varied.

I went to visit a new nephew today, how cute, and I can't remember my baby being that small, funny how that works

Diana
Old 02-12-2004, 09:34 AM   #15  

Diana- Thanks for the cheering section... I was shocked when the scale moved 4 pounds... that's huge...but I weighed myself again last night just to make sure it wasn't a fluke and it's still at 181!! Yeah!! So, that was the motivation I needed!! I am very pumped up and ready to go. I ran 2 miles last night in 24 minutes...Tuesday night it was 2 miles in 30 minutes, so I am pushing myself harder and harder all the time. I am SO sick of salads, but when I see a change I am thrilled and will keep on it for a while. We do change it up a bit. and we have enough low fat snacks (desserts) that it's not been a problem!!!
Closed Thread