Old 02-06-2015, 03:05 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

SoMuchFattitude - I hope the fertility treatment stuff goes well. Definitely keep it quiet if it's going to bring you less stress. Same goes for your workout stuff! If you need to rearrange days to make it easier to adhere to, definitely do it.

Munchy - Is it possible your little one is picking up on your own negative view of yourself. Little ones are honest, but they also tend to mimic parents. My son is 6, and he talks the way I do. That means if I have a day where I'm being down on myself, even just casually talking to other people and he overhears.. he kinda thinks that's the thing to say. I've noticed since I stopped doing that, he doesn't do it anymore either, and I know on the forums you've been pretty hard on yourself the past month or so. Your dress definitely does not make you look chubby. You look amazing in it.

Canadian Cutie - Welcome!

Jelma - Indian food sounds nummy, and it's at least a little more healthy than some of the other choices.

So, yesterday was exciting! My son got his first report card. He has all checks (which is good) except for in the staying on task area. Not really sure how to encourage him to stay on task, or if that's something he'll grow out of. ADHD does run on my moms side of the family.. but I also think that's one of those things that is over-diagnosed.. so going to just watch it and see if it improves with age. Anyway, to celebrate we're going to Chuck E Cheese. He's been asking to go there since we moved to South Carolina 8ish months ago, it's right down the street.. and we haven't taken him. Mainly cause it's pizza, expensive pizza, and I've been dieting. So we'll be going there on Saturday.

Last night I also found out that my boyfriend has all next week off. Which is why he was being all secretive about when we were going to Red Lobster for my birthday. He's been working 60-70 hour weeks consistently for the last 3-4 months.. so time together has been an issue. So really happy he surprised me with that Tonight we're going to Chili's, cause we have a $50 gift card and will actually be near the area that has a Chili's, but not so worried about that cause Chili's has some good menu items that are on-plan.

Next week though.. I am not expecting to lose much, if anything, haha. That'll be the Red Lobster and birthday cake time. With boyfriend not working my plan of sending leftover cupcakes to work with him went out the door. So it'll likely get nomm'd on over the course of the week.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 05:13 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 199/166/135

Height: 5"1

SO excited! Stepped on the scales this morning to find I dropped 1.6kg this week (3.5lbs) this week and have met not only my 10% goal but also my 10kg (22lbs) goal!

Not sure where that came from but this week is also when I have been getting a lot of comments about looking thinner.

To top it all off, after I got off the scales (admit I checked four or five times as I couldn't believe my eyes), I came through to tell my fiance and he handed me a card and a present. The card said he was so proud of my willpower, hard work and determination and was signed "love your future husband." And the gift was a fitbit! He'd bought it knowing my 10% goal would be coming up- what a sweetheart

Feeling on top of the world today
flickety_switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 09:05 AM   #33  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Sun - thanks! Yay for your son bringing home a good report card!! Woohoo! I love the Grilled Margarita Chicken at Chili's. Enjoy your birthday week!

Munchy - I gotta agree with Sun on this one.

Flickety - YAY!!!! Congrats!!! How sweet of your "future husband"!!

______

I had an awesome weekend! I somehow managed to lose 0.4lbs. I have NO clue how, but whatever, I am absolutely taking it.

I did my 9 mile run and I finally saw a difference in my pace. I shaved 1 minute 7 seconds off my pace for the entire 9 miles, which means I finished 10 minutes and 3 seconds earlier than I anticipated. I know that doesn't seem like much time, but in the world of running, it's HUGE!!!
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 01:22 PM   #34  

Fllickety_switch - Whoo! Congrats on two goals met! Yay for fiance getting you a fitbit too.

SoMuchFattitude - A minute off your time for each mile is amazing. That's a completely awesome achievement! Also, yay for losing weight too

I probably won't be on too much this week, may miss a day or two. Did Chuck E Cheese over the weekend, son had a blast. Also used up a Chili's gift card, and made cupcakes while kiddo was here. Sent a good portion of them home with him too XD He has cousins and all to share them with.. and since boyfriend isn't going to work this week I figured that was the next safest bet. Down 1lb since last Monday, even with eating at Chuck E Cheeses and Chili's this weekend, and cupcakes. So yay there! Red Lobster is tomorrow. I'm getting the Dueling Lobsters.. one is stuffed with crab and such, the other is topped with garlic shrimp. Mmm.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:42 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone. Kinda moody these past few days. Looking forward the long weekend coming up, need a break from work. I saw my grandparents yesterday and they mentioned that I looked like I was losing weight, that made me feel pretty good. They are moving to TX in a couple of weeks so we had a little going away party for them at my sister's house. I made my Cincinnati style chili (with lean turkey) and we had coneys, chili spaghetti, Caesar salad and garlic bread. It was a nice, relaxing time. I didn't track over the weekend but I think I did pretty well on points.

Kept to all my goals last week except my coworker and I went out to lunch Friday. That was actually the only meal I went out for last week at all, including the weekend which never happens!

sunarie - I'm not a huge seafood fan but those lobsters sound amazing! And good job on losing with everything going on!

SoMuchFattitude - awesome job on your pace!
Jelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:46 PM   #36  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile A Departure but Discovered at WW

Hello everyone! I am brand new to this thread and to the 3FC group of WW. This is my "story". I lost 50 lbs. following the Biggest Loser program. It was basically counting calories and a lot of intense exercise. I have managed to keep that off for nearly 4 years. However, I am far from my goal weight (as you can see by my ticker). I tried other programs over the past couple of years which emphasized a lot of exercise. Over the past 18 months, my arthritis became a disability and I had to cease a lot of the activity that was allowing me to lose weight. I will admit that it took until just recently for me to admit that but I realized that I had always relied more on exercise to get and keep the weight off than my food plan.

I joined WW in person last fall (third time: 1986, 2007 online and this past fall).I did attend meetings. Since I missed a lot of the changes that WW has been going through (and continues to go through), back then (the first two times) I followed the first version of points. However, I did try the PPV (the current one) this past fall. I hate to admit this but, when I could and did, I was working out so I continued to make bad food choices. Once again, when I attempted the new PPV counting points, I failed over and over again. I just felt hungry all of the time and although I had the Active Link (like a fitbit--WW version) I wasn't getting a lot out of it because I couldn't be as active as I used to be. Now, I really had to come face to face with the fact that I really needed to rely more on my food plan than activity level.

However, I decided to start out with "Simply Start" (something WW has ceased offering to newcomers as of 2015). I liked it from the beginning. After the initial two weeks' it morphs into "Simply Filling Technique".

I bounced back and forth between counting points and following SFT during the fall and winter. I injured my left knee in November then broke two toes on my left foot and landed in January with that flu that was going around. I discovered a community on FB that is those WW'ers who want to follow SFT. It is something that is not covered a lot at the meetings, if at all. I felt that since this was my "final choice" for a food plan, the meetings were no longer serving their purpose for me so I allowed my membership to expire as of last week.

I do see that there was a separate sub-group for the Core (which SFT evolved out of) here but it looks like it is defunct. I do want to connect with other WW'ers since we all know the basic WW philosophy so I hope that even though I am not counting points, I can find a place here. BTW, starting this year in 2015, you also have the option of both following SFT and counting points as well (basically SFT does not count points as long as you eat the required food list) for those who want to do both. Again, WW has revealed a lot of changes in the past couple of months; including low carb, gluten-free, vegetarian and no cook (really!).

Anyway, I have a lot to lose. I updated my ticker today. I have followed SFT solely this past week and my resultant weight loss was 5.8 lbs. gone. I hope that I have finally found what I need to lose the remainder of this weight.

Pam

Last edited by pamatga; 02-09-2015 at 04:52 PM.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:16 PM   #37  
Loving Simply Filling

S/C/G: 195/161.4/164

Height: 5'8"

Pam- welcome, you will find people on here doing all different WW plans. I am sure you can find someone who can help with anything you need.

So I just got back from a girls weekend. I ate really well (or not so well depending on your view). Luckily we walked and skated lots. I was also able to get my long run in. So my weight was not too bad this morning but today I have struggled to get back on plan. I have eaten all the left over bad stuff, so hopefully tomorrow will be better, if there I nothing in the house I can't eat it.
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 04:29 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 199/166/135

Height: 5"1

Welcome Pamatga! I've found these forums really useful for keeping on track and I hope you do too.

Hope you are having an amazing birthday week Sunarie and hope you enjoy every mouthful of your Red Lobster meal!

SoMuchFattitude, I am so in awe of your running, I don't think I could ever run that far, you're amazing Congrats on the scale victory too!

I am feeling a bit guilty. I am away this week for work and I stay at this huge mansion where our office is and which we share with the owner, who lives here (bit of an unconventional arrangement).

I had planned to go to the supermarket and buy my food for the week like I usually do but the owner and one of the people I work with were having friends over for sushi. They invited me but I was keen for some space so I went to a restaurant and had dinner by myself and read my Kindle.

My good intentions flew out the window when I saw there was steak on the menu as I have been feeling a bit iron deficient. The steak was fine but it came with a mountain of chips. Hot chips are my absolute weakness but hand-cut delicious restaurant ones are even worse. So instead of having three or four, I ate half the pile. Still managed to leave half of them but feeling very guilty.

Went to the supermarket straight after to buy my food for the rest of the week. I still can't really be trusted to make good choices when I eat out.
flickety_switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 11:02 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunarie View Post
Munchy - Is it possible your little one is picking up on your own negative view of yourself. Little ones are honest, but they also tend to mimic parents. My son is 6, and he talks the way I do. That means if I have a day where I'm being down on myself, even just casually talking to other people and he overhears.. he kinda thinks that's the thing to say. I've noticed since I stopped doing that, he doesn't do it anymore either, and I know on the forums you've been pretty hard on yourself the past month or so. Your dress definitely does not make you look chubby. You look amazing in it.
I never really thought about that. It's entirely possible - before I was hyper vigilant about expressing anything related to body image, but I may be letting things slip here and there. She never hears when I'm really upset and venting - I save that for here, my fiance, or my mom - but she may have heard a few things I've said in passing. I really need to watch my mouth. The last thing I'd want is for her to develop any kind self-esteem issues because I wasn't showing her how to love herself.

To tell you the truth, I was a little taken aback when she said it, but I brushed it off.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 03:13 AM   #40  
Less of a Better Me

Just checking in. The last week has been super stressful and difficult. I've had to be away from home a lot dealing with some family member medical issues so haven't exercised as much.

Still...last week I lost 2.8 pounds (this is VERY unusual as I usually lose about .5 a week but I've been on a plateau and finally broke through). The upshot is that I got my 50 pound charm and am at my lowest weight since my son was born 20 years ago!
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 07:11 AM   #41  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Sun and Jelma - thanks!!!

Pam - Welcome!! Where in Atlanta? I'm in Johns Creek/Alpharetta up off 400. I use a lot of the SFT too. I try and stick to mostly SF foods, but my issues are around portion control, so I do count points.

Dixie - Yaay for a successful girl's trip! Hopefully yesterday was a little better for you and today is great!

Flickety - I never thought I could run this far either. lol It's definitely been a really liberating, eye opening experience. Dont't feel guilty. Use your points, track it and move on. No guilt!

Munchy - It incredible how much kids pick up.

Koshka - sorry to hear about the stress and hope your family is doing well. Maybe your body needed a change of pace (change/lack in exercise) to break through your plateau? Regardless -

My scale is slowly climbing up and I have absolutely no idea why. My weekend was really good and I've been perfect on plan all week. I've earned 32 activity points and still have 23 weeklies left - and I weigh in on Saturday morning. I'm hoping for some sort of huge swoosh before then.
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 08:01 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/130

Height: 5'0

Hi Everyone!
I used to come on the forums in 2010-2011, then I stopped, then came back, then I got very ill. Now I'm back. Coincidentally, I stopped WW because of a health issue, but ended up gaining back ALL my weight plus more. When I started WW in 2010, I was about 220, I got down to 170ish. When I went into the hospital in 2012, I weighed 232. I didn't weigh myself for a while, I tried WW here and there, but wasn't doing meetings. Then I tried Atkins and I had a lot of stomach issues, which turned out to be gallstones. I cannot have surgery right now, so the doctor (actually two doctors and a nutritionist) recommended low fat, consistent carbs--they all said WW was the way to go. I'm hoping to lose 50lbs by August and then re-evaluate for surgery.

I'm almost done my first week. I'm having dairy sensitivities, a lot of gas and empty feeling in my stomach. And I'm also dehydrated! I've quit coffee and soda, so I'm a little cranky as well. I'm home all day today and I've been up since 4:30EST, so I am hoping to drink a ton of water--my goal for today is 8 bottles (16.9 oz each). Our well water is actually quite clean (my husband tests it two times a year), so I usually open one bottle and refill, but I find I lose track and I only have had 3-4 bottles. Today I'll open a new bottle each time to keep better track.

Oh, today I am making dinner for my sister and her family (she lost her husband in December, so I have been cooking for them 1-2 times a week since then) and I tend to overeat there. But I'm making turkey meatballs, they're having meatball subs and I'm having 1 C. pasta with my meatballs. Cross your fingers I don't lose my will power while there!

I hope everyone has a lovely Wednesday!
MrsD2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 09:14 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/130

Height: 5'0

I did very well with my pasta and meatballs! The subs were tempting, but I wasn't sure how many points the bread was (and I didn't have my calc.) so I stuck with pasta. I had to give in to a diet ginger ale because I was feeling a bit queasy and that is the only thing that helps.

How is everyone?
MrsD2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 11:41 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

Height: 5'5

Hi Pamatga & MrsD!

I thought I was doing well this week but the scale won't budge and I'm up about 1.5 lbs since last Friday, my official weigh in day. I haven't been overeating so I don't get it. I haven't been eating out hardly at all (3x in 2 weeks) and been weighing everything I make. I know my wine intake has been a bit high and my water intake low so I'm going to switch that around Tonight is pilates, I'm looking forward to it. I need to add some more exercise but I'm not going to join a gym. I have an hour lunch break and I like walking but it has been so freaking cold outside. Too many excuses, I know...
Jelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 01:55 PM   #45  

Jelma - I know for me, when I don't get adequate water intake, my body tends to hold on longer to what I do drink and it causes weight gain. So that very well could be some of it! I've also noticed that weeks were my carbs are higher, even if I'm under points, then my losses will slow/stall. I've had other weeks where I had a gain and didn't really see why. Hopefully that 1.5lbs comes off and then some at your next weigh in

pamatga - Welcome! As others have mentioned, a few of us are on different plans. Definitely feel free to post here whenever you need for support. Congrats on a 5.8lb loss in a week! That's fantastic!

Dixiemom - Glad you had fun for your weekend. Hope you're finding it easier to stay on plan now.

Flickety_switch - At least you recognize you don't do well when eating out and went to go get groceries before any more damage was done. I know several people (myself included) who have used, or do use, being away from home to eat out every day while they're gone, and in the past that certainly hasn't included health friendly options (for me anyway). So kudos to you!

Munchy - Kids are amazing at picking things up. I only brought it up cause the same thing happened with my son. I thought I was being really good about not saying anything in front of him, or where he could hear. Turns out I wasn't being as good about it as I thought. I can't say whether you do or don't do it.. so wasn't trying to accuse you of anything.. more just give a possibility of where the words came from if you hadn't considered it yet. Glad to help if it did help though! How we talk about ourselves to other people is a very difficult habit to change.

Koshka - Congrats on the loss, the charm, and the lowest weight! Awesome achievements

SoMuchFattitude - Fingers crossed that you get your whoosh.

MrsD - Welcome to you as well! Sorry to hear about all the health trouble. That definitely makes sticking to a diet plan more challenging. For the water bit, what I do is basically keep a ton of zero calorie, liquid sweeteners on hand. Things like Mio, or Kool Aid Liquid. They have artificial sweeteners in them, so they may or may not work for you depending on your view on those. It does get me all my water though. I hate the taste of our tap water, didn't want to buy bottled.. so this is sort of my work around. Hope you find something that works for you!

My birthday was nice. We ended up going to Red Lobster on Monday cause boyfriend caught a cold and we got it out of the way before it got to bad. I had Dueling Lobsters, Shrimp Nachos, and two drinks (Lobster Punch, and a Malibu Hurricane). Then leftovers for my actual birthday with two cupcakes. I'm up a little over a lb since Monday, but hopefully all that will come back off before weigh in this coming Monday. I am now catching the cold that boyfriend brought home with him. Go figure the time he takes off work to spend together we both wind up sick!