Old 02-03-2015, 03:19 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

SoMuchFattitude- Your Superbowl day sounds like mine! Save for the hangover, I didn't drink enough to get one of those. Yay for being 1.8lbs down!

Munchy - I'm so happy you got rid of your scale and found your dress! I want to see pictures (assuming you'd be willing to post them). I'm sure you look absolutely stunning.

Dixiemom - Nothing wrong with weighing a little later in my mind Have fun next weekend!

Jelma - I tried them out last week and they were amazing! Of course, I'm inexperienced with cooking in general and didn't wear gloves for chopping the jalapenos... and suffered for it. My hands were on fire the rest of the night. Lesson learned!

Tonight I'm trying out a vegan thai veggie curry that came highly recommended from a friend. Recipe here for anyone interested. Using what I have at home it comes out to about 9 PP per serving. Makes 4. I've never done a curry, so it'll be interesting.

Birthday is getting so close! I can't wait to go to Red Lobster. Hoping that boyfriend is either taking me this weekend or on my actual birthday (the 10th). Want to avoid the Valentine's crowd the following weekend. Saying I'll be 30 still sort of sounds weird, lol.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 03:24 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 199/166/135

Height: 5"1

Munchy- that's so awesome about the wedding dress, I'm so happy for you! What does it look like?

SoMuch Fattitude- that's a great loss! I too seem to get big spikes after heavy bouts of exercise, it's weird.

Sunarie- yay for being back at 227!

Thanks for the dinner advice everyone, I ended up with the grilled calamari which was delicious. Eating dinner at MIL's tonight who is making roast beef despite knowing my eating restrictions and repeatedly interrogating me about WW even though I've asked her not to grrr. Will just try and cut my portions in half and make it work.

My focus this week is on losing enough to reach my 10% goal...been hanging out to get there! All I need to lose is 0.5kg (1.1lbs)- so here's hoping!
flickety_switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 04:04 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I went super simple because we rented an island and it's an outdoor/camp wedding. I thought I would be crying during both appointments, but surprisingly I was fine. I went in, tried on dresses as fast as possible, and I was out in 35 minutes.

The dress is flattering enough right now, but I want to look FABULOUS
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 04:05 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

Height: 5'5

Sunarie- I have been there with the jalapenos, no fun! The curry sounds good, let us know how it is. My friend is a culinary student and starting a 60 day vegan challenge on 2/16. She wants to write an article about the experience and was hoping to have some people her join her. I was thinking about it but I am headed out of town for almost a week in the beginning of March and will be eating out a ton so I don't think I could keep to it.

Munchy - that's a gorgeous dress!

Last edited by Jelma; 02-03-2015 at 04:06 PM.
Jelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 05:09 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 199/166/135

Height: 5"1

Gorgeous Munchy! You look beautiful. Hopeful I'll have as much luck as you when I go wedding dress shopping for the first time next week

Although I'm not really looking to buy yet- our wedding is still a year away and I still have lots of weight to lose!
flickety_switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 06:39 PM   #21  

I love that dress Munchy! It looks absolutely great on you too.

Jelma - Will do! It's pretty easy to make, simmering right now. Smells good at least!

Flickety_switch - I'm with you. I'm not officially engaged yet.. but will be soonish. We already set a wedding date, at any rate.. but it's years off (2020!).. I hope dress shopping is easy for both of us too!
Old 02-04-2015, 06:39 AM   #22  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Munchy - SO proud of you!!! The dress is STUNNING!!!

Dixie - I fell into the whole, "I won't weigh in this week" routine and then suddenly I stopped going. It's a snowball effect. You've got this! Besides - it might not be as bad as you thought it'd be. Next time, if you absolutely don't want to weigh in, go and just sit for the meeting.

Jelma - I love the Jalapeno Popper recipe from ST, but DH isn't a cream cheese fan. Very sad.

Flickety - you'll do great again at dinner tonight! You've got this.

Sun - oh boy, I wish I hadn't had all that to drink. LOL. I've got those 2 day hangovers now that I'm in my 30s. I love curry. Mmm.. Let me know how it turns out!!!

--------

The scale is SLOWLY coming back down. I'm sure I'll see a gain this week, but that's life. I had a great weekend and I'm back on track.

Struggling to keep my workouts going through the week again. Working 10 hour days make it really hard to find the energy to do it after work. My office is moving in a month or two, which will change my commute, which MIGHT make me more inclined to workout in the morning before I put my 10 hours in. My drive will go from about 40 minutes in the morning to 15-20 minutes. I could push my hours to 7a-5p instead of 6a-4p. Bah - I'm rambling!
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 10:34 AM   #23  

Good Morning!

I was greeted by a huge box of doughnuts in our breakroom this morning. I turned my back and cut up strawberries instead I'm not too much of a sweets person so it wasn't too hard to resist. Now if it was cheese and crackers that would have been much harder...
Old 02-04-2015, 12:21 PM   #24  
Loving Simply Filling

S/C/G: 195/161.4/164

Height: 5'8"

Well, I saw the drop I was hoping for today (instead of yesterday). Looking forward to my weigh in and meeting tomorrow.

SoMuch- a shorter commute will be great, hopefully you can find a way to get in those workouts, you have some great races coming up! You can do it.
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 02:40 PM   #25  

The curry was good. Just a bit too spicy for our tastes, but the flavor was definitely yummy.

SoMuchFattitude - just keep to a routine! Even if you don't feel like it, do it anyway, like a meeting for work XD I'm sure you'll feel better after you get it over with anyway. I pretty much always dread my workouts, but I do feel better when it's done with.

Jelma - Yay for skipping over the donuts. Rejecting sweets and other such foods is always a great victory.

Dixiemom - Glad your weight dropped back down!
Old 02-05-2015, 08:09 AM   #26  
Sassafrass

Jelma - WOOHOO on the self control!!!

Dixie - hope your meeting goes well today! And yeah, I need to get it together. The weather hasn't been very helpful...

Sun - ugh...I know!!! I never regret working out, it's just crazy hard to make myself. DH works form home so as soon I walk in the door I take over on puppy duty...and puppy isn't quite able to run/walk on a leash yet.

----

My bloat is slowly coming off. I'm sure I'll be up on Sat morning at WW, but that's life. I'm thinking about tweaking my running schedule to fit my week better instead of trying to follow a plan that clearly isn't working very well. I need to schedule my longer runs to the weekends (and my longest run is on Sunday) but then I need to schedule my 4 mile runs to my off day in the week.

We took a couple of months off from TTC, but DH wanted to start again. I start fertility drugs again tomorrow. I'm 32 this year, so time definitely isn't on my side anymore. Thankfully everything is monitored so I don't have to track anything, but I...Idk.. I'm nervous. I don't know if I can handle a third loss. I'm going to try and keep my head in this game and just let nature run its course.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:00 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Sunarie I make so many curries because they're so easy and flavorful! That one looks really good.

Dixiemom Congrats on your drop!

Jelma I'm the same way. I could be in an entire room of sweets and not bat an eye, but if you put something cheesy or spicy in front of me, I WANT. I force myself to eat one serving of fruit per day because I feel like I should.

Somuchfattitude you inspire me. Your runs are much longer than anything I've ever been able to accomplish. Screw the bloat - you're doing big things!

Flickety I waited until the last possible moment. I should be getting it in mid-April and I still have to get alterations at that point. I'm better under pressure - I actually get things done lol.

I showed my seven year old the dress. She said "mommy, it makes you look chubby." Gotta love her honesty!

Anyway, I'm still trying to tweak my gym times because it's so hard to get up at 5am. Food is going well. Everything is pretty good lately.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 09:29 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

Hey all. I just joined WWOnline on Monday evening, so I thought I'd poke my head in and say hi. HI!
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 10:35 AM   #29  

Welcome Canadian Cutie!

SoMuchFattitude - I've decided this is the year I am going to attempt to be a runner. I really wanted to start in 2013 and then I injured my ankle in February and gave up on everything! How did you get into it? And good luck with TTC, 32 you have still plenty of time. I'm sorry to hear about your losses. My SIL struggled quite a bit with fertility. She had one child and they tried for years after he was born with a couple miscarriages. They stopped trying about 3 years ago. She is 41 now and 4 months pregnant!

I went out for Indian food last night after pilates. My mom got a much needed certification for her job so I couldn't say no. I did pretty well, it was interesting because normally when we go out for Indian we kill everything. This time there were so many leftovers! I did lose from earlier in the week but had a .6 gain for WW and our work challenge. I'm still leading the work challenge with a total percentage of 3.8 lost.

Have a good weekend everyone! Anyone doing something fun?
Old 02-06-2015, 12:03 PM   #30  
Sassafrass

Munchy - you need to take your baby to the eye doctor, cause you look stunning in that dress! Far from chubby, ma'am. Kids! lol I get up at 5am daily. It's getting up at 4am to workout that I just cant make myself do.

Welcome CanadianCutie!

Jelma - Honestly, I signed up for a 5k because my bestfriend badgered me into doing one. I was petrified of not finishing so I started training. Little did I know that 3 years later I'd be training for a half marathon due to a different friend. LOL
Thanks for the good wishes. 32 is young, but we had our first loss when I was 29 (4 days before turning 30), nothing throughout 30 and then another loss shortly after turning 31. We've been trying since our first loss. First unmedicated and natural and now for the last year we've been medicated and monitored. All the tests turn out totally normal and they say we just have crap luck. Woohoo for winning the work challenge!!!

----
Started back on my fertility drugs this morning. I feel like it's a dirty little secret because no one knows. Everyone knew we were trying, everyone knew I was taking pills and shot, and then everyone knew we were taking a break. I think I'm going to keep it quiet this time around. Less pressure, right?

As far as a fun weekend goes, it's suppose to be gorgeous here - so we're taking the puppy to the dog park tomorrow after I go to WW and then on Sunday my folks are coming over for dinner and the USMNT game. I've planned dinner (baked mini empanadas @ 2pp for 1 and Arroz Con Pollo @ 10pp a serving). I've managed to get my steps in without running the last couple of days, but I do have a 9 mile run scheduled for Sunday.