Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 02:51 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - Week of August 4, 2003

Hi everyone!

It seems like I just left for vacation! We had a great time visiting my cousin. Toronto was great! We visited Casa Loma, Hockey Hall of Fame, Eaton Center, Sky Dome. We did a lot of walking and my legs actually ached once we got back to my cousin's house. I did well eating wise (or at least I feel I did). We went to Gretzky's for a late lunch and DH and I split a couple of wraps that were filled with roasted veggies (eggplant, peppers, mushrooms and some goat cheese) and the other had Greek salad stuffed in it. Yum! I haven't stepped on the scale at home to get a sneak peek at where I'm at. My cousin and I did a lot of walking in the evening so I'm hoping it balanced out some of my bad eating.

Hard to believe it's the first part of August--where has the summer gone? On an up note, I did journal while away, although I didn't calculate all my points I at least wrote things down.

So how's everyone doing?? I see that Susan has left for her long-awaited trip.
Old 08-05-2003, 07:43 AM   #2  

Height: 6'0"

Hi Melissa. I'm glad you had a good trip. I'm not sure I've ever been to Toronto.

I had my WI last night and gained 1 pound. I wasn't surprised though because I had eaten out a few times on the weekend. I went to a new mall in Orlando that was very nice. Many of the stores were way out of my price range, but it was fun to look.

On Friday, my DH ran an 8K race (yes, in the heat and humidity) and he was so thrilled as he broke his previous time on that course. The race happened to be on the golf course, so I just had to drive some balls at the range.

How's everyone else?
Old 08-05-2003, 12:41 PM   #3  
si, si signora

Hi everyone.

Welcome back Melissa, sounds like you took Toronto by storm.

Domina -- I like the idea of a dual work out --- DH running and you golfing.

Nothing much going on here. I wish I could say something exciting. I am trying to finish up a proposal and going to a wedding this weekend in LA. I went to the Nordstrom sale on Sunday and was not impressed by the stuff I saw. However, I still ended buying a bunch of wardrobe staples. I did buy a dress for the wedding, but I am waiting for my friend to come over and do the hot or not thing with me. Good thing I live .3miles from an Ann Taylor.

Other than that, staying cool and keeping my nose to the grindstone.

Domina -- where do you Florideans go in the summer for a break from the heat?

lala
Old 08-05-2003, 03:21 PM   #4  

I'm finally settling in here at work--yesterday was hard in terms of transitioning from vacation mode back to work mode. I did a few minor things but today I've gotten through quite a bit. Tomorrow should be smooth sailing.

This weekend we're heading to NJ for a wedding--it's going to be a whirlwind trip--driving down in the earl morning hours staying overnight and then heading back on Sunday. It should be fun--although I have to admit my traveling is leaving me pretty tired! I don't know how some people can do this on a regular basis and still maintain their sanity!

I did a sneak peek at the scale this morning and wasn't at all pleased--I'm chugging water today. I don't understand why I'm up especially since I made it a point to keep track of what I was eating. I also got in quite a bit more activity than I normally would while on vacation. I'm hoping it was just an "up" day and that tomorrow is better. It doesn't help with that TOM is due early next week. I'm hoping for a good WI for August.

Weather here continues to be humid and we've been getting rain. Upside is that we've gotten central a/c at home now so it's not so bad

Domina: I remember visiting my GF in July back in '93 and they were hitting record highs (98) for 4 days in a row--you raced from the a/c house to the car or whatever building you were going to--kind of reminded me of our winters of darting inside where it's warm & cozy. Hopefully you'll be cooling down soon.

Hope everyone is doing well...
Old 08-06-2003, 01:56 PM   #5  
si, si signora

Is it wedding season or what? I'm also heading to one this weekend and one two weekends from now.

I guess I should start shopping for presents.

Melissa - have you recovered from your vacation?

lala
Old 08-07-2003, 11:51 AM   #6  

It must be wedding season--we have one the weekend of the 23rd as well.

I've finally recuperated from vacation just in time to get ready to leave for NJ.

On an up note when I went for my WI yesterday I was only up .6 which is good considering it's the week after my vacation and the week before my TOM. So all in all I'm maintaining which has been my goal for the summer. I can't wait for things to quiet down so I can get my weight back down a few more pounds to have my cushion back.

Hi to Domina!

What happened to Scoutruns?

Happy Thursday! Tomorrow we're shutting down a half-hour early for a picnic so a short day for me.
Old 08-07-2003, 01:30 PM   #7  

I'm here! Thanks for asking.

I have been super busy at work. It's month-end, and being in the accounting department, well, that equals BUSY. So that seriously cuts into my surfing and posting time. Bah!

I weighed in on Sunday, attempting to become official for August and celebrate 6 years at goal. I was 2.8 pounds over goal, which means 0.8 too much!!!

So I am refocused this week. And quite honestly, it's kind of fun. I'd really forgotten how satisfying it is to work so hard to stay within my points and then SUCCEED at it. It feels so much better than being lax or being lazy.

With any luck I can harness this feeling and use it to my advantage. It would be nice to get back that cushion I used to have and be UNDER goal.

Momentum. That's what I need. And I recalled this morning a saying I heard from a leader: self control: it's like a muscle. The more you use it, the stronger it gets.

So here's to self control AND strong muscles.
Old 08-07-2003, 01:36 PM   #8  
si, si signora

Hiya Melissa --

I love that saying. Thanks for sharing. Happy anniversary on the six years at goal, the .8 will be off next week!

Nothing new here, my friend came over last night and we went through clothes for the weekend. She really liked one set of things I bought -- no black or grey (a big change for me) and got me thinking...

Turns out I had an outfit from another wedding a few years ago (venture capitalist v. lawyer) that will work fine, this wedding is a venture capitalist v. dot.communist/fortune500, so same basic set up. Saved me some bucks! Unfortunately, the dress was from the larger days of lala and it fit . Darn it.

So, I guess my goal is to have a new dress for the next big do, or have this one altered.

Anyone doing anything else fun this weekend?
Closed Thread