Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 10:15 PM   #1  

Angry New and need suggestions!

Hello! I am new to this site. I have to say, I was quite happy with what I have seen so far. I feel releived that I can get idea's, advise and knowledge. I have been a member of WW for 9 weeks. I am doing well. I like it. My cholesterol was high. And, I was not eating healthy at all. In just 9 weeks, (actually sooner) I feel so much better. Not just physically, but mentally too. The one thing that I could use some help with is breakfast. I need some suggestions. I have to leave my house at 6:30am ugh! So, I usually wait and eat in my office at my desk. (luckily I can do this) I have been eating yogurt with Kashi Crunch mixed in. Occasionally, I will have a WW muffin. I am starting to get a little bored. I like the yogert, and it helps to get my dairy in, but I don't want to get too unsatisfied. I would like some idea's about what other people eat at breakfast. Thanks for whatever suggestions you have.
Old 06-02-2003, 07:51 AM   #2  
That's HOW many points??

My faves are:

Baked Oatmeal

English Muffin spread with Laughing Cow Cheese and SF Rasberry Jam....YUM!

Eggbeaters, slice of Canadian Bacon on English Muffin

Stuffed French Toast (spread low-point bread with FF cream cheese and some SF jam, top with another slice of bread, dip in eggbeaters.....I like to top with ICBINB spray and sprinkle with Splenda instead of using syrup which takes away from the taste IMHO)

But there are those days when a simple yogurt with some added cereal sounds sooooooooo good!
Old 06-02-2003, 10:47 AM   #3  

I like a toasted English Muffin (2 pt.) with SF jam ( 0pt.) or a piece of canadian bacon (1 pt) and LF cheese (1pt).

A low fat granola bar (2pt.) with V-8 (0pt)

A banana (2pt)and skim milk (1 pt) or try it with SF hot cocoa (1pt)

I like mixed berries and melons this time of year.

Low point bread with low fat cheese -grilled is good!

Best of luck!
Old 06-03-2003, 09:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

I like instant oatmeal (comes in different varietie) with diced peaches.

Melba toast with light cream cheese.

Microwaved broken egg (2 min) turn out like fried egg on top of 1 piece light toasted bread.

Cut up fruit & dry cereal.

All of the above I eat when I get to work - hope this helps.
Old 06-24-2003, 08:09 AM   #5  

I like the banana bread waffles-- 2 points each
with 1 TBL of PB spread on them. Eat like a sandwich. Keeps me full till lunch and I am working those same AWFUL hours as you!
Old 06-24-2003, 06:45 PM   #6  

Thanks for the tips. I don't like eggs, so that left them out. But, I have tried the other things. It makes for a nice variety. Bluvsu2, I love banana anything! I will look for those waffels in the store next time I go. It sounds like a yummy breakfast! And hey, anything that lasts for a while is worth trying!
Old 06-29-2003, 11:26 AM   #7  

I use the WW vanilla smoothie with skim milk and a cup of frozen berries in the blender for 4 points. Makes a huge shake and it keeps me til lunch.
Old 06-29-2003, 11:55 AM   #8  
Cowboy Up Chick

I have recently discovered a 'smoothie'.

What I do is take 1 cup of Triple Berry Blend (available at Costco or Schwann's), 1/3 cup skim milk, 2/3 cup water, 2 ice cubes, 2 strawberries and a couple cherries (pits removed) and blend it together. Fills up a large mug and I can drink it on the way to work.

DH takes another 1 cup combo of fruits (peaches, canteloupe, honeydew, grapes), adds a few blue berries, a couple strawberries, 2/3 cup of apple juice, splash of milk. Fills up a larger mug and he drinks it on the way to work.
Closed Thread