Old 01-18-2013, 02:58 AM   #1  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Default Considering WW

I'm really tempted to rejoin WW. Currently I'm doing a splice of calorie counting/simple diet/just eating smarter. Considering money plus my work shift, it'd be best if I did online. I'm just afraid that I'll join and then give up on my weight loss journey. When I was last in WW, it was when there was the momentum program. How is 360 different? I've had the most success with Weight Watchers using some old old points information that I got from my mom. This was before momentum (80 lbs). I joined WW again for momentum after I gained some of that weight back. I just don't want to waste my money but I know that WW has worked for me once. Maybe it will work for me again if I can pass the 1-2 month hump I've fallen into the last two years.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/165/145

Height: 5'7

Do what works for you. Although WW is just a watered down version of counting calories. It just simplifies it to a point where your counting in smaller numbers. If you need help calorie counting there is a whole section dedicated to it!
JudgeDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:32 AM   #3  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimere View Post
I'm really tempted to rejoin WW. Currently I'm doing a splice of calorie counting/simple diet/just eating smarter. Considering money plus my work shift, it'd be best if I did online. I'm just afraid that I'll join and then give up on my weight loss journey. When I was last in WW, it was when there was the momentum program. How is 360 different? I've had the most success with Weight Watchers using some old old points information that I got from my mom. This was before momentum (80 lbs). I joined WW again for momentum after I gained some of that weight back. I just don't want to waste my money but I know that WW has worked for me once. Maybe it will work for me again if I can pass the 1-2 month hump I've fallen into the last two years.
I prefer WW because while I can count calories, I don't make good choices even though I'm "eating smarter." I like WW because it focuses on making healthy, well rounded choices. It's so easy when you're calorie counting to just give things up because they're higher in calorie; however, on WW you truly don't deprive yourself of anything.

I did it on Momentum and quit because I thought I could do it by just calorie counting. I ended up maintaining for two years. Now - I'm on 360 and LOVE it. One of the things I didn't like on momentum was fruit/veggies had points and some points super high - so I stopped eating fruits and some veggies. On 360 fruits/non starchy veggies are 0 points so I'm eating a ton of fruit and veggies a day.

I love it and I'm not hungry all day. I wasn't a huge fan of momentum, but I love 360!
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:40 AM   #4  
WW Moderator

The 360 program is similar to Momentum, in that they both use points. Food point values have been updated and are counted on a different formula, plus the point ranges are totally different. I would strongly suggest that you follow the new program because it's easier to keep up with. WW no longer calculates by the old point system, so any current packaged foods and recipes don't mix with the old program.

My advice - join the program and get in in full force. It's more than just counting points. The whole program will help you change your lifestyle. Eat your required healthy fats, eat your required fruits and vegetables, drink your fluids, exercise, develop good habits. These are all things that you will work on each week with WW to help you go all the way with it, instead of quitting after 2 months like you mentioned in your post. If you don't want all of the extras, just count calories. But if you want to make an investment to get your whole lifestyle changed for good, join WW. It could mean the difference in sticking with it or not.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:14 AM   #5  

I'm in a similar boat. Lost over 50 lbs on WW the first time I tried it over 10 years ago. (It might have been the 1-2-3 Sucess Program back then.) Slowly gained the weight back. Tried a couple of different times to rejoin and it just didn't stick.

But, I think you have to just keep trying! I'm hoping that now I'm at the right time in my life and in the right frame of mind that this time on WW will work.

I'm doing WW online (no meetings) this time and I haven't really started learning about the new features of 360 yet. But, I think there are some really nice features to PointsPlus that are good for me like 0 point fruits/veggies and the "weekly allowance points." I keep meaning to get my ActiveLink set up - and am excited to try that.

I'm coming off trying Medifast last year (which I desperately wanted to succeed with) and have a new appreciation for the WW program which will hopefully help me be sucessful this time. I hope your successful in whatever you decide to try.
Maurene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 166/156/130

I can't specifically says join on-line or attend meetings, back in the day, I went to meeting and the whole nine yards but I am back now doing the old old program you know the ones where fruits and veggies have point values..LOL Right now, I can not afford to do either the online version or go to meeting so I receive tips, support, laughs and that right from this board. The important thing here is not the program you choose to do but the focus you are putting into yourself and your health. Be true to yourself and do what you will help you succeed. I liked going to the meetings but my sister hated it but loved online. *she's the computer person in our family. Hope that helps, Good luck to you
shell0416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:38 AM   #7  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I think this quote is what really convinced me to do it:
Quote:
But if you want to make an investment to get your whole lifestyle changed for good, join WW. It could mean the difference in sticking with it or not
And I realized that this time I am more likely to be successful since I have a healthy active hobby now. I am loving the 360 stuff! It is GREAT!
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:04 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 187.4/176.8/155

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeDread View Post
Do what works for you. Although WW is just a watered down version of counting calories. It just simplifies it to a point where your counting in smaller numbers. If you need help calorie counting there is a whole section dedicated to it!
This is completely accurate. Their patent for Points is even worded as such.

Honestly, for me the difference was the meetings.

I agree with another poster about WW steering you toward healthier choices, which I needed.

I like how flexible WW is - it got me away from "black and white" thinking.

There's a lot of +/- and a lot of it depends on your personality and what motivates you to stay on track.
Becky Quilts is offline   Reply With Quote