Old 07-19-2012, 03:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 345/see tracker/200

Height: 5'7"

Default The craving wasn't worth it...

Thought I'd share with you all my experience today and hopefully it will help those that are wanting to indulge.

I've been craving pizzeria pizza for the last three weeks. Not frozen pizza, not pizza you buy in the grocery store-pizza at a local pizza place. So today was the day. My friend picked this particular place for lunch and I decided what the heck-I'll get pizza. I had more than enough points (I had a light breakfast, a bunch of APs and all of my weeklies). I was getting the pizza.

So I ordered a small salad and a personal cheese pizza. Just perfect for one person. And let me tell you-while I was eating it, it truly was amazing. It was exactly what I've been craving for weeks.

But now-as I sit here back at the office three hours later, I am sincerely regretting my decision. I feel so bloated and lethargic that I can't even sit comfortably. I'm sweaty and thirsty and just feel plain awful. I don't think my body has had to break down these many carbs in a while.

So the moral of the story (at least for me anyway) is that while in the moment the pizza tasted delicious-I think I could have went without eating it. It definitely wasn't worth it. I can't wait to see what the scale says when I get home....

Last edited by NYFLAgirl; 07-19-2012 at 03:03 PM.
NYFLAgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:47 AM   #2  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Yup. But it sounds like if you didn't finally give in, it'd still be bugging you. Now you know! I hope you feel better soon!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:00 AM   #3  
Fatty-atty-umpkin

Height: 5'4"

Ughhh... I hope you feel better! I so know that feeling! And actually, the last time I had pizza, I woke up at 5 a.m. the following morning with a gall bladder attack. I guess my body wasn't used to all the fats. :-/
kc82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/163/145

I know that feeling, I will admit though, I do allow myself to indulge once a week, I sit and think about what it is I really feel like eating and I cherish the taste for that day, then I get back to my grind the next day. Just drink lots of water so your system flushes it out asap and eat lots of fiber to aid digestion
ghlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:32 PM   #5  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Yup. That is also another reason why I learned to try making my own favorites (crab rangoons, CPK's BBQ chicken pizza, chicken nuggets, etc.) because I don't get as sick or bloated. I always wonder what the heck do they put in it? I satisfy my cravings my way without all the icky effects, totally worth the time making it myself IMO.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

I had a similar experience after eating a huge chocolate chip cookie last month. It made me sick to my stomach.
Garnet2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #7  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

I too prefer to make my own and I know what goes in it and that way I can truly calculate my points and control the ingredients. I like pizza believe me but I have found if I make my own dough I can roll it as thin/or thick as I want and I can control the cheese/or no cheese and toppings.

And I do like to have my 'splurge' about once a week and I plan out what it is going to be then I find the most exciting recipe to fix it. This week will be...hmmm don't know yet since I am not having any cravings
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:28 AM   #8  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

You know what, NYFLAgirl? You're right. So not worth it.

Last night I went out to dinner and I had two choices. The light menu where I'd walk out the door with potentially no more than 14 or so points or possibly less spent on dinner. Nope, I decided to go for the one that would cost me 1500 calories and calculated up to 50 points! I'd owe 10 points by the time I was done! Fortunately, I wasn't all that hungry. What?? Me?? Not hungry enough to eat the whole thing?? Usually that won't stop me. But honestly, it wasn't that good. The sauce was runny, the flavor left much to be desired..., Just not worth it. I cut the sandwich in half, and then put the thing out of my reach so I wouldn't pick. I came out of it with some weekly PP to spare, and a two pound gain.

So not worth it. I wished i ordered off the light menu where they probably would have put some effort into making it satisfying and flavorful.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:09 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

I dont enjoy the feeling of being "full" anymore. I much prefer the feeling of being satisfied instead. Sometime i still feel like i am missing out on something if i "dont order the fries" and get a side salad instead. My boyfriend always orders fries... so i steal 1 or 2, then im ok :P
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #10  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

The last time I had Pappa John's pizza, it was a splurge, too. And, I was up most of the night sick to my stomach. God knows what they put in those slices... I've made my own pizza using a whole wheat pita for the crust, or even a low carb tortilla and had a much better experience with that.
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote