Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2001, 12:18 PM   #1  

From the Bakersbox site:
Baker's Breakfast Cookies - Introductory SALE! $6.90 per half dozen
Introducing the new and improved Baker's Breakfast Cookie. Effective March 5, the Breakfast Cookie has a new recipe. New vegan varieties have been added for customers seeking healthful alternatives. These tasty, healthy treats are a change from traditional breakfast pastries. The Breakfast Cookies freeze well for up to two months.

The "improved" Fruit and Nut has, I'm not kidding you, 270 calories, 5 g fat, and 5 g fiber. That is 65 more calories than the previous recipe, and 11 g less fiber. Of course, I just ordered 4 dozen at the regular price and will be receiving the "improved" product. Grrrrrr.

Other flavors have been slightly less "improved." Check www.bakersbox.com to verify the NI of your favorite flavors.
Old 03-05-2001, 12:26 PM   #2  

As if the other improvements weren't bad enough, they've made them SMALLER!

Breakfast Cookie Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q. Why did the bakery develop a better Baker's Breakfast Cookie?

A. The popular Baker's Breakfast Cookie is made by Baker's Baked Goods in Bellingham Washington. In response to their loyal customer's requests and market research, they made the cookie better by using higher quality premium ingredients and adjusting the cookie to a customer requested size. In addition, you will find the natural flavors in our cookies, such as apple, pumpkin, and banana, are enhanced. The better Baker's Breakfast Cookies also contain more calcium and increased protein. The new cookie is incredibly delicious, and healthy. Try one for breakfast, or eat half a cookie with a fruit or non-fat yogurt for a complete healthy breakfast.

Q. How is the better Baker's Breakfast Cookie different in size?

A. The bakery adjusted the size slightly, from 4 oz to 3.5 oz. The adjusted size remains 60% to 70% larger than other cookies and bars on the market. You will find the better Baker's Breakfast Cookie is still the most filling, satisfying and nutritious on-the-go meal on the market.

Q. What are the nutritional values of the better Baker's Breakfast Cookies?

The bakery has created new labels that include the better Baker's Breakfast Cookie's nutritional values. You may view these labels by simply clicking on each product name.

Q. Why did the bakery develop the Vegan Baker's Breakfast Cookie?

A. Baker's created the vegan product to provide an unparalleled, lower-fat, great tasting meal-on-the-go alternative for those who choose not to consume animal byproducts. The vegan cookie is specifically made without animal byproducts in order to conform to a vegan diet.

Q. Will the price of the Baker's Breakfast Cookie change?

A. For the month of March, the special introductory sale price is in place. Our normal prices will resume in April ($7.20 per half dozen and a volume discount of $6.00 per half dozen for orders over 4 dozen).

Q. Can I still get the old cookie?

A. Effective March 5th. All cookie orders will be filled with the new cookie. Orders recieved prior to March 5th will be filled with the old cookie recipe.
Old 03-05-2001, 12:50 PM   #3  
Life Time 2001

Default oh man!

Hope my order that I placed last week is the old cookie.
Old 03-05-2001, 02:10 PM   #4  

Doesn't this suggest that the old cookies were NOT properly labeled? I always wondered how they got all that fiber in there, and how the cookies could possibly be so low in calories.

Is it possible that they got busted mislabeling their products and now have to come clean?

--Diamonda
266/146.4/135
Old 03-05-2001, 02:42 PM   #5  
REC

I was thinking the same thing as DIAMONDA...

From the nutrition label, looks like it is a differerent cookie, but no ingredients are listed. AND, they are smaller. I took out my handy-dandy POINTSfinder and found:

Peanut Butter--6 points
Ginger Molassas--4 points
All the others--5 points

BUMBY--let us know about the new taste and if the value for the points is still there.

REC
Old 03-05-2001, 02:48 PM   #6  
Senior Tortoise

Default Bummer!

Well, I'll certainly be looking forward to hearing what people think of the new cookies. Smaller and higher in points and lower in fiber. What are they thinking?

Fortunately, we just got a big shipment of the old cookies. Also, the ginger molasses is my favorite flavor, and it still appears to be 4 points. Here's hoping it isn't the size of a meatball now.

Thanks for that information.

--Lauren
Old 03-05-2001, 03:51 PM   #7  

I think you're right, Diamonda. I still like them, but I now feel more convinced that keeping it to half a cookie is the way to go.
Old 03-05-2001, 05:34 PM   #8  

I'm relieved to report that I will not be able to tell you how the new ones taste. I got my order in under the wire and will be receiving the old ones. (And to think I almost let a little thing like an earthquake keep me from calling to place my order.) Those who favor the pumpkin spice may want to continue ordering--they didn't take much of a calorie hit on the new recipe. I won't be ordering any more fruit and nut, that's for sure. I just sent an email beseeching Baker's Breakfast Cookie (the manufacturer) to come up with another calorie bargain like the original fruit and nut. Those who are so moved can do the same at:

[email protected]
Old 03-06-2001, 10:32 AM   #9  
Cowboy Up Chick

I still think they are dog biscuits incognito!
Old 03-06-2001, 12:11 PM   #10  

I don't agree, Kelly. I find dog biscuits to be much harder to chew.
Old 03-06-2001, 12:25 PM   #11  
Wolfangel

Default Woof Woof

But I think dog biscuits are lower than points! Kelly, got those figures yet??

Old 03-06-2001, 12:36 PM   #12  
Cowboy Up Chick

Tee hee. Nope not yet. I just don't like they way they taste...
Old 03-06-2001, 10:46 PM   #13  

Arrow Glad I can bake...and never got hooked on the real BBC

I am going to stick to baking my own....don't forget about the recipe I posted here that actually has 14 grams of fiber (or more) and depending on the variety 185-225 calories per cookie.

Christine

I am really curious now- I visited the BBC site and looked at there ingrediants and descriptions and I see no ingrediants that have calcium in them at all yet they have it as an ingrediant- I guess they must be adding it which isn't any different then taking a calcium suplement! I never have calculated what little calcium my recipe has, but at least it comes from yogurt-lol. And the protein- I am not impressed with the 8 grams the few I looked at had- I need to calculate how much my recipe has.

Another thought ( a long one)...then I promise I will leave you alone for the night I always feel full after eating my own breakfast cookie with the 14 grams + of fiber- are the new ones from BBC going to be as filling? I actually need the fiber in my diet do to being on medication that can cause problems- the measely 5 grams of fiber in the new ones woudl not help much in that department and I am pretty sure there are others who ate them for the high fiber even when WW stoped letting us count more then 4 grams. I was joking around with my mom this morning (who has been baking mine for me since I had another knee surgery in December) that she should start baking them to sell-lol- to bad my kitchen isn' t bigger

Last edited by christineu; 03-06-2001 at 11:26 PM.
Closed Thread